NATION

PASSWORD

Can we talk theatre?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Do you enjoy theatre?

Yes
75%
No
25%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes : 12

Mikhem
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Can we talk theatre?

Postby Mikhem » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:03 am

Sorry to interrupt, but can we talk theatre? Like, Hamilton, Anastasia, Wicked, Newsies... The list goes on. Normal theatre, musical theatre, comical theatre. EVERYTHING! Well?

East Lodge
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lodge » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:48 pm

*comes in*
I am your nanotechnology CPU.

Your squip.
Log 3,284,193B:
I escaped the rp alien scientists, the rp mafia, and rp death. I am back from the grave. Also I use stats (ironically and to match my canon).

Forlania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Forlania » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:45 pm

I’ll be honest, even though I enjoy doing theatre, I’ve only seen about as many shows as I’ve been in.
Maybe it’s because I know what being on the stage is like but I feel I’m much more critical than most theater goers are and as a result I don’t really go to a show unless it gets really good reviews, whether by the media or friends of mine.

Shakespeare I feel is the best example of this. I love most of his works as they are written, but it’s unfortunately rare I see them executed well.
Economic Left/Right: -4.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

Centauri Central News: Comet SX389 is expected to make a pass near the binary system on Tuesday. Officials recommend tourists stay out of the immediate area & recommend checking the FASA website for safe viewing coordinates.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Forlania wrote:I’ll be honest, even though I enjoy doing theatre, I’ve only seen about as many shows as I’ve been in.
Maybe it’s because I know what being on the stage is like but I feel I’m much more critical than most theater goers are and as a result I don’t really go to a show unless it gets really good reviews, whether by the media or friends of mine.

Shakespeare I feel is the best example of this. I love most of his works as they are written, but it’s unfortunately rare I see them executed well.

I find the opposite. I've been in a few plays, and as such, I find it gives me an extra layer of appreciation of the craft. Trying to work out what was improv, seeing how much many of the actors evidently enjoy the experience... I've found that even the worst plays can be enjoyable with the right people, and I feel privileged to understand what goes on behind the red curtain better than most.
I don't know. Maybe I'm sentimental, I've been accused of as much, but I find the knowledge of how much work goes into it, in some ways more then film or television, helps me enjoy it.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

East Lodge
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lodge » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:57 pm

I love theatre; I really do.

I enjoy modern plays and musicals, old ones, and classic ones. The unique sound and ability to create a unique story, add some characters, a setting, great voice and dancers, and some great songs and the ability to go on passed mistakes- the whole process is amazing.
Log 3,284,193B:
I escaped the rp alien scientists, the rp mafia, and rp death. I am back from the grave. Also I use stats (ironically and to match my canon).

Return to Arts & Fiction