NATION

PASSWORD

Why isn't Rock 'mainstream' anymore

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 pm

New haven america wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:I wouldn't say that. We have 1.OneRepublic, 2.Imagine Dragons, 3.fun, 4.The Chainsmokers, 5.Fall Out Boy, 6. Panic! at the Disco, 7. Gorillaz, 8.Twenty-One Pilots, etc.

1. Pop
2. Sucks
3. Broke up after they got the Grammies
4. EDM
5. Lost their mind (Well, they did that a long time ago, but there most recent batch of songs isn't the good kind of insanity, it's annoying)
6. Have you not heard their newest song? It sucks
7. Their not really popular though...
8. Rap

Come now, Gorillaz are at least as much hip hop/rap as rock.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm

The Foxes Swamp wrote:charts are overrated

I blame the charting methodology for this. Streaming is now counted, instead of sales and airplay only. (I think a YouTube MV view counts as a stream, thus an additional popularity point.)

Other explanations might be (don't take these as gospel):
  1. Too many forms of rock, hence listeners are scattered
  2. Artists weren't really into rock at all, willing to lose listeners to constantly experiment with other sounds
  3. Technology...
  4. Biased radio, favoring rhythm-driven fare over melodic ones...

I believe all of us Internet users, one way or another, contributed to its "decline".

Cannot think of a name wrote:Again, find this mythological period when rock 'ruled the charts' and you'll find your answer. Don't guess, check the actual charts.

I'll spoiler it for you, it was never. Rock has never 'ruled the charts'. Pop music has always been the top of the charts, thus why it's called 'pop' or 'popular music.' It is single based and as such designed for charts, or rather charts were designed for it. Rock has, after the first decade or so, been album based. Thus not lending itself to singles sales. Which means it doesn't 'chart'. Except in album sales, which rock is more or less as represented as it's always been. Every generation tries to write rock's obituary because it isn't what it was when they found it. It sounds just as silly every time.

Sure they didn't top the charts, but rock and rock-influenced pop had many entries in the singles charts. Rock music performed strongly through album sales.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Affirmative action programs and white presenters' liberal guilt means that those making radio playlists see synthesised music auto-tune talked over by black people as more "authentic" and "real" than bands mainly made up of white people playing real instruments.

Ugh, tell me about it.
Last edited by Latin Islands on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

United New England
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United New England » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm

We could just as easily ask why genres like classical, ragtime, jazz, and disco aren’t mainstream anymore.
Last edited by United New England on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont...plus bonus interstellar space travel!

A brief introduction to United New England

More information

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm

The landscape of music changes all the time, as technology improves. There are now more genres to tinker around with, with the advancement of technology: New Wave only appeared in the mainstream from the late 1970s, and South London Dubstep from the late 1990s.
Last edited by Minoa on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 pm

United New England wrote:We could just as easily ask why genres like classical, ragtime, jazz, and disco aren’t mainstream anymore.

To be fair on the Disco point, people did pile tons of records up and burnt them ;/

Can't imagine it smelled nice
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Awesome Dudes and Dudettes
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Dudes and Dudettes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Over-saturation, Being really popular for like 40 years, not being "rebellious" music anymore [kids like rebellious music, dang edgy teens] and pop has always been on the charts [Its called POP for a reason]. Who knows, in a hundred years maybe jazz will be popular again.
General Jakerson, President and Founder of The Federation of Awesome Dudes and Dudettes
ANARCHY!!!
life is cool
vox guitars are underapperciated, you should listen to more post-punk, watch more films, make more art, and read more books
“It is fun to be alive. It's a hell of a lot better than being dead.” ― Joe Strummer, "Think globally, act locally."-Paul McCartney, "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." -John Lennon
_[' ]_- [_★_]- i\/\/i - ✿~✿ -⟨*✝*⟩
( -_Q) ( -_- ) ( -_- ) ( -_- ) ( -_- )
Copy and paste this into your signature if you support cool hats

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Dudes and Dudettes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Again, find this mythological period when rock 'ruled the charts' and you'll find your answer. Don't guess, check the actual charts.

I'll spoiler it for you, it was never. Rock has never 'ruled the charts'. Pop music has always been the top of the charts, thus why it's called 'pop' or 'popular music.' It is single based and as such designed for charts, or rather charts were designed for it. Rock has, after the first decade or so, been album based. Thus not lending itself to singles sales. Which means it doesn't 'chart'. Except in album sales, which rock is more or less as represented as it's always been. Every generation tries to write rock's obituary because it isn't what it was when they found it. It sounds just as silly every time.

I'll just forget about The Beatles. They totally didn't get multiple number ones with their rock singles...
I don't think you know what you're talking about.
General Jakerson, President and Founder of The Federation of Awesome Dudes and Dudettes
ANARCHY!!!
life is cool
vox guitars are underapperciated, you should listen to more post-punk, watch more films, make more art, and read more books
“It is fun to be alive. It's a hell of a lot better than being dead.” ― Joe Strummer, "Think globally, act locally."-Paul McCartney, "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." -John Lennon

Havenburghe
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburghe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Rap and hip hop connects to the mainstream audience more than rock does. Back in the day bands like Poison, ACDC, Twisted Sister and Guns&Roses were popular because they spoke to the mass audiences of that generation. New generation comes along with new experiences, so a different genre connects to them more.

Proud Citizen of Institute of Cellulose
I do not use NS stats. And this nation does not represent my RL views.
We live scars,
White Knuckles,
And no regrets.

Broken bones and bodies
We refuse to quit

With Graveyard Shifts
We never miss

Hard work, perseverance, dedication
Things we will never forget

Fearless and Peerless
Unstoppable, Undefeated, Unbroken

Victory never takes a Vacation
We take action, and pride in the Unspoken

Havenburghe.

#SheWarnedUs

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Awesome Dudes and Dudettes wrote:

I'll just forget about The Beatles. They totally didn't get multiple number ones with their rock singles...

The Beatles kind of bridged the gap between pop and rock and sources at the time refer to the band's genre between pop and rock, iirc.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017

Postby Latin Islands » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 pm

Havenburghe wrote:Rap and hip hop connects to the mainstream audience more than rock does. Back in the day bands like Poison, ACDC, Twisted Sister and Guns&Roses were popular because they spoke to the mass audiences of that generation. New generation comes along with new experiences, so a different genre connects to them more.

I'll wait to see it decline, even if it takes three decades.
Last edited by Latin Islands on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:30 am

Yeah. Cool. That decade working as a buyer at a record store really isolates a person.

One band, so exceptional as to be legendary certainly proves that rock 'dominated' the charts. Especially when most of their number one singles were during a much more pop phase while their albums that were more rock or experimental were the ones that did well, almost a if pop does better in singles charts and rock does better in albums.

Also, if this is the period you're talking about the answer to the question is, "Well, there is no long a Beatles." If we're to take the year arguably their 'rockiest' number one single, Get Back charted was also the same year that Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini also held the number one spot, along with the Temptations and Sly and the Family Stone. The only (and arguably rockier) other rock songs that charted that year are one by The Rolling Stones and one by Elvis Presley. This is not 'dominating the charts' as pop and R&B are still better represented.

But you know, I don't know what I'm talking about.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Aaaaaa wrote:Shitty post-grunge outfits like Nickleback showed up and that's when it started to die in popularity. The early 2000s became a stale mess in rock, and people were starting to really jump on board the hip hop train, even more then the 90s.

And for the record, I'm a fan of Nickleback's earlier stuff.

I'd almost forgotten about them.

But this is how you remind me :(
The Blaatschapen should resign

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Aaaaaa wrote:Shitty post-grunge outfits like Nickleback showed up and that's when it started to die in popularity. The early 2000s became a stale mess in rock, and people were starting to really jump on board the hip hop train, even more then the 90s.

Suddenly I'm in the market for a new wool coat.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Dudes and Dudettes » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Awesome Dudes and Dudettes wrote:I'll just forget about The Beatles. They totally didn't get multiple number ones with their rock singles...

Yeah. Cool. That decade working as a buyer at a record store really isolates a person.

One band, so exceptional as to be legendary certainly proves that rock 'dominated' the charts. Especially when most of their number one singles were during a much more pop phase while their albums that were more rock or experimental were the ones that did well, almost a if pop does better in singles charts and rock does better in albums.

Also, if this is the period you're talking about the answer to the question is, "Well, there is no long a Beatles." If we're to take the year arguably their 'rockiest' number one single, Get Back charted was also the same year that Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini also held the number one spot, along with the Temptations and Sly and the Family Stone. The only (and arguably rockier) other rock songs that charted that year are one by The Rolling Stones and one by Elvis Presley. This is not 'dominating the charts' as pop and R&B are still better represented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard ... es_of_1969
A bunch of those are rock bands with rock songs, and you said "Pop Music has always been at the top" which infers that no other genre has gotten to the number one spot or the surrounding spots. How does working at a record store [I think record and vinyl are the same] make you an expert in the history of music? Someone who works at a grocery store doesn't automatically know the history of grocery shopping. What do you mean by "each generation tries to write rock's obituaries?"
ANARCHY!!!
life is cool

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:

...can you become a mod again so you can ban yourself
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Yeah. Cool. That decade working as a buyer at a record store really isolates a person.

A bunch of those are rock bands with rock songs, and you said "Pop Music has always been at the top" which infers that no other genre has gotten to the number one spot or the surrounding spots. How does working at a record store [I think record and vinyl are the same] make you an expert in the history of music? Someone who works at a grocery store doesn't automatically know the history of grocery shopping. What do you mean by "each generation tries to write rock's obituaries?"

Rock is dead is pretty much a phenomenon that every decade some people say it.

Take this example from a few years ago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dannyross1 ... 0004674ded

They had to include a 'no really this time' since it is quite a common thing to state.

Various artists have made songs about it. It's a meme.

Paul is dead too btw.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Merther
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Merther » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:Hip-Hop and Pop currently top the charts, sitting in the throne once held for a long time.

My question is: what happened?

Because rock / metal lost most of its soul in the 2000's with the "Industrial" bands coming up (Nickelback, Skillet, System of a Down, Bring me the Horizon...)

As a consequence, rock started to be less and less "rebellious", and the most extreme rebellious rock style was Punk, and it died in the apogee of its excess, and now it just became either 90's bands trying to survive and becoming more and more "pop like", as The Offspring is currently doing. But young people always like rebellious musics. So they had to seek for another rebellious genre that was rising up as early as the late 80's... Rap.

Metal, which was born out of rock instruments, still has a very large popularity tho (For the real fans know that non-industrial bands are the best) and will probably forever have.

Hip-Hop / rap is terrible. Back in the days, "rebellious" styles of music like Metal promoted a certain way of living, acting and dressing. But Rap promotes violence, and there's the difference. It promotes crime, it promotes lust, and it promotes drugs. There use to be some kind of peacefulness in the old days that has now ceased to exist. I believe that modern music, including rap, made the world more violent, or are a direct consequence of this more violent world.
Merther is not a nation, but the name of a lifeless planet located within a fictionnal planetary system : Cyrthe. To know more about it, click here and don't forget to read the spoilers !
And yes, when I type it's me, the player, typing. I didn't know I had to precise that.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Yeah. Cool. That decade working as a buyer at a record store really isolates a person.

The one of only other rock band that I didn't already mention that is on that list that I clearly already referenced when I mentioned that the Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet was on it so I'm surprised you think linking it will be a gotcha is Three Dog Night. So...you know, the fact that minority of bands in 1969 managed to be rock bands with number one singles does not support the premise of the OP that rock 'ruled the charts' and since most of the songs on that list are in fact pop songs supports what I had said. I never, ever...fucking ever...implied that rock never had a number one hit and I'm confounded that you even kind of thought that since I have caveated that very fact in the post you quoted but clearly did not read.

As to how working at a record store for a decade as a buyer helps is you don't work there for that long in that capacity unless you have an interest in the subject and as a buyer you familiarize yourself with sales trends because it tends to help you do the job.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Merther wrote:
Hip-Hop / rap is terrible. Back in the days, "rebellious" styles of music like Metal promoted a certain way of living, acting and dressing. But Rap promotes violence, and there's the difference. It promotes crime, it promotes lust, and it promotes drugs. There use to be some kind of peacefulness in the old days that has now ceased to exist. I believe that modern music, including rap, made the world more violent, or are a direct consequence of this more violent world.

Rock can be hedonistic, materialistic, violent and especially lustful. And if you disagree, you don't listen to rock.

Rap's bad not for its lyrical content or general themes but because it sounds bad. And if you're investigating the lyrical content enough to know what's in it... you're a rap fan, albeit possibly one in denial.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Grand Duchy of Livonia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Duchy of Livonia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 pm

shut it buddy we dont need any religion in here to ruin it

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Merther wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:Hip-Hop and Pop currently top the charts, sitting in the throne once held for a long time.

My question is: what happened?

Because rock / metal lost most of its soul in the 2000's with the "Industrial" bands coming up (Nickelback, Skillet, System of a Down, Bring me the Horizon...)

You might mean 'corporate', usually referring to bands that are label produced or airplay oriented. Industrial is generally reserved for the mix of electronica and metal sounds with bands like Front 242 or Skinny Puppy.

Corporate rock had been around long, long before the 2000s. In fact, the stagnation and general commercialization of rock music was credited with the rise of 'grunge' and 'alternative' in the early nineties with the rise of bands like Nirvana and Rage Against the Machine. And of course punk rock in the 70s, or progressive rock in in the 60s etc.
Merther wrote:As a consequence, rock started to be less and less "rebellious", and the most extreme rebellious rock style was Punk, and it died in the apogee of its excess, and now it just became either 90's bands trying to survive and becoming more and more "pop like", as The Offspring is currently doing.

Once again, pop punk is not a 'now' thing, it has been around since at least the 90s with bands like Green Day (who started at the legendary but now defunct punk rock club 924 Gilman), Blink 182, or Sum 41. Groups like AFI and Offspring tried to straddle the distance between commercially accessible and punk rock sensibility over the Warped Tour crowd, but they had been doing that since the beginning. Actually knew a dude who played with AFI for a short period of time.
Merther wrote: But young people always like rebellious musics. So they had to seek for another rebellious genre that was rising up as early as the late 80's... Rap.

Late 70s. It hit the mainstream in the mid to late 80s, but we were listening to Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Mele Mel, and Run DMC by the early 80s and late seventies. I honestly have no idea how I ended up in that loop from my suburban home, but I did.
Merther wrote:Metal, which was born out of rock instruments, still has a very large popularity tho (For the real fans know that non-industrial bands are the best) and will probably forever have.

Metal has benefited greatly from the internet and metal heads finding each other in the wild and ironic appreciation which Gen X unleashed on the world, which...sorry, kinda.
Merther wrote:Hip-Hop / rap is terrible.

Shocker.
Merther wrote:Back in the days, "rebellious" styles of music like Metal promoted a certain way of living, acting and dressing. But Rap promotes violence,

We're Not Gonna Take it. Motley Crue's Bastard was enough that Al Gore's wife complained to Congress about it as the 'filthy fifteen', same with the Twisted Sister song which I legitimately forgot, I had initially included it as a joke.
Merther wrote: and there's the difference. It promotes crime,

The Bankrobber Been Caught Stealing
Merther wrote: it promotes lust,

Cherry Pie, Girls Girls Girls. Honestly, this list could go pages. These are honestly the mildest examples.
Merther wrote: and it promotes drugs.

Cocaine, Sweet Leaf. Again, this list could go on for pages.
Merther wrote: There use to be some kind of peacefulness in the old days that has now ceased to exist.

Happy?
Merther wrote: I believe that modern music, including rap, made the world more violent, or are a direct consequence of this more violent world.

You'd be at home in he 80s with Tipper Gore and PMRC, which gave us the marketing tool the Parental Advisory Label. But little else.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:21 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:

Last edited by New haven america on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:28 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Affirmative action programs and white presenters' liberal guilt means that those making radio playlists see synthesised music auto-tune talked over by black people as more "authentic" and "real" than bands mainly made up of white people playing real instruments.

Yeah! Bring back my swing bands!
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:30 am

You should check out a really white area of the US then, because it's super common for stations to edit out black people from songs.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Havarland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Havarland » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:33 am

Amuaplye wrote:I wouldn't say that. We have OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, fun, The Chainsmokers, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Gorillaz, Twenty-One Pilots, etc.

Gorillaz, TOP, Panic at the Disco aren't even rock bands(?)

I think the generations are changing. Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda said that songs like 'In the End' and 'One Step Closer' were completely okay back in 2000 but nowadays if you released such songs it would be an embarrassment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction