NATION

PASSWORD

Krabby Patty Secret Formula (And other Fan Theories)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Krabby Patty Secret Formula (And other Fan Theories)

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:03 am

So, Stephen Hillenburg recently died. In his honour, I thought that I should start a discussion about a television show which he initially created as a tool to teach children about marine biology, and would become one of the best cartoons in history (at least the early seasons). That show is, of coarse, SpongeBob SquarePants.

There are a few things I want to discuss here: Firstly, I want to point out how clever the title of the episode "Snowball Effect" (the one where SpongeBob and Patrick start a snowball fight) is, and, I want to state that my favourite episode is probably "Born Again Krabs" (the one where Eugene Krabs) is dragged to Davey Jones' Locker because he's a tight arse, and he becomes generous. Now that that's out of the way, here's to the interesting part.

Firstly, what is the Krabby Patty secret ingrediant? There are many theories on this one. I'll get the boring theories out of the way. The Krabby PattY secret ingrediant is kelp or King Neptune's Posiden powder. See, boring? Now to the interesting stuff. One theory state that the secret ingrediant is addictive narcotics. Given how riske Spongebob was, I wouldn't put it past the writers of the show to make that many implications of narcotics in a children's show. Another theory states that there is no secret ingrediant, but rather, Krabs manipulates the population of Bikini Bottom through the placebo effect. However, the theory that I find most believable is the theory which states that the Krabby Patty's secret ingrediant is crab. This would effectively mean that Eugine Krabs makes money through selling his own kind. If you think about it, how many items have the word "krabby" in them? Further, the Krusty Krab is shaped like a krab basket, and Eugine and his mother are the only crabs in Bikini Bottom. Not to mention that crabs can grow their limbs back if they're removed. Further, the only time Krabs is seen eating a Krabby Patty sees him uttering the words "hmm... so that's what I taste like" (though that was in reference to the age of the burger) This is the theory that I find most believable

Now to the next point: What is the nature of SpongeBob? There are many theories here. Many interesting theories (I'm not taking people's intellectual property, looking into them yourself) including SpongeBob having schizophrenia, the seven main characters representing the seven deadly sins, and many, many more. However, the theory which seems most believable to me is the one which states that the characters are all mutants. In real life, Bikini Atoll is an attol in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (where SpongeBob lives) that the USA used as a nuclear test sight, mutating all of the creatures in the vicinity. An atoll is an island or group of islands surrounded by a lagoon (hence Goo Lagoon). The theory states that SpongeBob is the fictional story of all the mutants who live near Bikini Bottom. I think that this is the most believable theory. Further, there is an episode which states that Bikini Bottom's address is located in the USA

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 am

Fun fact: Nickelodeon released an official receipe for the Krabby Patty and it does include crab meat, iirc.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:57 am

Valrifell wrote:Fun fact: Nickelodeon released an official receipe for the Krabby Patty and it does include crab meat, iirc.

That recipee states imitatation crab meat, for whatever that's worth
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Arts & Fiction