NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts Houses

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which Hogwarts house are you in?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Hufflepuff
25%
Slytherin
25%
Ravenclaw
20%
Gryffindor
10%
Not a Harry Potter fan
20%

Total votes : 20

Sholes
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Hogwarts Houses

Postby Sholes » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:52 pm

I posted the same sort of question to my region and it seemed to get a good response, so now I'm curious what others have to say: If your country was represented by one Hogwarts house, which one would it be? Is that what you want it to be? Are you in the same Hogwarts house that your country would be in?

For those who are curious, I consider myself a Slytherin, but I'm pretty sure my country would best fit into Hufflepuff, which I'm quite proud of.

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm

My IC nation might be too drastic to even be a Slytherin...

I took a random quiz online to find out what I'd get in real-life.

I'll agree that I'd be the house that the quiz put me in.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 am

I feel like my nation would be Hufflepuff, but I'm absolutely Slytherin no matter what Pottermore says.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:19 am

I'm in the unenviable position of not being an HP fan but having had read all of the books once and being familiar with that silly world of fiction.

I'd say it depends.

Gryffindor doesn't really fit me. I'd probably get Hufflepuff if my aversion to risk is taken most into account. I'd get Ravenclaw if my focus on mental or solitary pursuits that're intellectual is taken more into account. I could get Slytherin if I want to be evil, and because I'm racist deep down. And I do freely admit that I do have an evil side to me. I don't see myself as a true villain but more like a trusted henchman or 2nd in command to a real evil schemer if given that opportunity. An antihero if I decide to defect.

The quiz places me in Ravenclaw.

I'm not overly brave, loyal, intelligent, or selfish. So it is anyone's guess as to what the hat would pick. So if I had to mentally pick it'd be Ravenclaw. It seems cool enough.

Harry from what I can tell, got placed into Gryffindor partially because he was mentally set on that house. Didn't want to be separated from Ron or have to hang with Malfoy. :p So it'd appear that you can subconsciously tell the hat what it should pick, but if you don't- the hat will do more of the actual decision making if you allow that to be the case.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Kaggeceria
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 pm

My nation would definitely be Slytherin.
The Kaggecerian Realm (PMT)
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
NSG's only Jewish Nazi with the spookiest flag

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Gryffindor. Taken a couple of these and ended there. Even people that know me took the test thinking of me had me show up in G.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 am

It says I'm in Hufflepuff with Ravenclaw second.

But on Pottermore I'm a Slytherin apparently.

It just depends on how the quiz is worded.

I'm definitely not a Gryffindor though.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:20 am

I do like houses with roofs on them.

That aside, though...

• I firmly believe in the master race -> Slytherin
  • My national symbol is the eagle (well, Hitler in a mecha, but that's basically the same thing) -> Ravenclaw
  • As Hitler, I do not hide, but rather seek to confront my eternal enemy, Blazkowicz, in direct, honourable battle -> Gryffindor
  • Hufflepuffs are pathetic. Which the glorious Nazis in Space are not
Clearly, Nazis in Space perfectly represents the values of, and thus fits perfectly into all the houses.

Except Hufflepuff.

Because no-one wants to represent failure.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:48 am

Nazis in Space wrote:I do like houses with roofs on them.

That aside, though...

• I firmly believe in the master race -> Slytherin
  • My national symbol is the eagle (well, Hitler in a mecha, but that's basically the same thing) -> Ravenclaw
  • As Hitler, I do not hide, but rather seek to confront my eternal enemy, Blazkowicz, in direct, honourable battle -> Gryffindor
  • Hufflepuffs are pathetic. Which the glorious Nazis in Space are not
Clearly, Nazis in Space perfectly represents the values of, and thus fits perfectly into all the houses.

Except Hufflepuff.

Because no-one wants to represent failure.

Hufflepuff is a house of political correctness though.

That's got to count for something right?

Dellnia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dellnia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 am

Hufflepuff through and through. Took the Pottermore quiz and it affirmed my position. I would definitely be a Ravenclaw if I wasn't a Hufflepuff though, all the intelligence of Slytherin with none of the evil. Not really interested in Gryffindor's rivalry with Slytherin or their stance.
"We Are All Soldiers In The War Against Tyranny"

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 am

I'm placed in Hufflepuff in 3 quizzes now.

Honestly, I don't mind.

Also, Newt Scamander is a Hufflepuff too! So if anything, Hufflepuff is trending right now =)

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 am

Since my nation is based on the aristocratic and elitist culture of the Heian jidai, then definitely either Slytherin or Ravenclaw. I was tempted to base it on the Kofun jidai but chose not to, in which case, it would've been Gryffindor.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction