NATION

PASSWORD

Help urgently needed for my new short novel .

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Help urgently needed for my new short novel .

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 am

On paper, 'James Suez' is a soldier for her majesty queen Victoria . But that's all that there is to it .

In reality, he is the son of a rich patronizing family who ensures that his soldierly duties don't go beyond London, who attends boisterous balls and rich banquets and who plays cricket on Sundays .

After the Mhadist insurgency of 1884. Britain settles down to a decade of relative peace and James's wish of actually doing anything even close to being a soldier seems nil.

So when some uncle in (Either an insurgent part of Latin America or South Africa) suddenly dies and leaves James with an inheritance of a big plantation, James grabs at the opportunity with both hands .

He doesn't know that he would get more than he bargained For, including a chance to live a soldier's life.
Last edited by Bowa Sekoa on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey there, i am a factbook writer.If you love proxy wars and bloodshed and sub Saharan Africa or FC2.
Then come and read my humble history Factbook.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bowa_sekoa/detail=factbook
I do not use NS stats much, but they give a pretty OK idea of my country. But the population is obviously not true.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 am

So this is my idea for a story .

I want .

1)A good location for this story. Either in Latin America or South Africa . Please suggest .

2)Someone who is interested to assist me.
Hey there, i am a factbook writer.If you love proxy wars and bloodshed and sub Saharan Africa or FC2.
I do not use NS stats much, but they give a pretty OK idea of my country. But the population is obviously not true.
I am a Yankee.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Is this alt history, or fiction based on a real event?

Also, I'd go for South Africa since there were quite a few was with the tribes and boers there, and I don't know much about Central America.

Also, it'd be nice knowing what sort of assistance you'll need
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm

It's not alt history . Its fiction .

I need some basic storyline help . Thus I need a co writer type of person .
I am a Yankee.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am

I kind of think it unlikely they would go to South America being British. Far more likely the plantation would be a rubber plantation in Malaya, or coffee in Jamaica, or mining in South Africa or Australia.
Everything is intertwinkled

Return to Arts & Fiction