NATION

PASSWORD

Is Tom Misunderstood?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support?

Tom
89%
Jerry
11%

Total votes : 56

Greate Boston
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greate Boston » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Swiftyshire wrote:Tom is kinda an asshat though

On a related note, I would like to see an Itchy and Scratchy episode where Scratchy finally mauls Itchy.

I wish it all was like Spy vs Spy and they surprise us by alternating between victors.
There is that one Itchy and Scratchy Episode where the cat beats the mouse (but the TV is shut off before you can enjoy the full destruction). I think it is in Homer Goes to College.
Commonwealth of Boston
Mere months after the War for the Commonwealth, a barely held-together General Hart tries to keep the delicate balance in the Commonwealth. Retcon Underway
Now Playing: The Mechanist Unmasked!
Radio Freedom: Ceasefire broken between Bunker Hill and Zeller's Army. Raiders under Judge Zeller's command began attacking caravans leaving the largest unwalled settlement in the Commonwealth. | Somerville place robots defeated, but more robots voicing their loyalty to the unknown Mechanist attack small settlements in the southwest. | The Schism in the Brotherhood: Who are the sides, and which one should the Minutemen throw their lot with?

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Tbh, when I was watching Tom&Jerry, I just wished, that they would get along eventually, and I was actually quite happy in thise few times, where Tom won, because Jerry won way too often, and was kind of a douche too.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:25 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:Tbh, when I was watching Tom&Jerry, I just wished, that they would get along eventually, and I was actually quite happy in thise few times, where Tom won, because Jerry won way too often, and was kind of a douche too.

That's my thought as well... but then again it takes a truly menacing third party threat to make two sworn enemies unite.

But my least favorite thing that came out of this cartoon is cringey slash fanarts. I blame anime for that.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:29 am

Zitravgrad wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Tbh, when I was watching Tom&Jerry, I just wished, that they would get along eventually, and I was actually quite happy in thise few times, where Tom won, because Jerry won way too often, and was kind of a douche too.

That's my thought as well... but then again it takes a truly menacing third party threat to make two sworn enemies unite.

But my least favorite thing that came out of this cartoon is cringey slash fanarts. I blame anime for that.

Wait, it has fanart? I remember watching it a few years ago- back then, I didn't even knew, that it had fanart. Should I google it, or not?
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:14 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:
Zitravgrad wrote:That's my thought as well... but then again it takes a truly menacing third party threat to make two sworn enemies unite.

Wait, it has fanart? I remember watching it a few years ago- back then, I didn't even knew, that it had fanart. Should I google it, or not?

Don't... If you can't stand shipping, don't.
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:20 am

Zitravgrad wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Wait, it has fanart? I remember watching it a few years ago- back then, I didn't even knew, that it had fanart. Should I google it, or not?

Don't... If you can't stand shipping, don't.

Someone ships Tom and Jerry? What life has come to be...
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:48 am

Zitravgrad wrote:Don't... If you can't stand shipping, don't.

Someone ships Tom and Jerry? What life has come to be...

is there such a thing as a non sexual shipping?

what about Friendship?

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:51 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Someone ships Tom and Jerry? What life has come to be...

is there such a thing as a non sexual shipping?

what about Friendship?

Friendship could work, yeah. I wish, that there were more friendship fanart, and less sexual shipping.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:52 am

Oh shit I just did.
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 am

Third Asopia wrote:

Oh shit I just did.

What happened?
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Postby Zitravgrad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:29 am

Third Asopia wrote:Oh shit I just did.

What happened?

Oh noes...

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction