NATION

PASSWORD

Capitalizm

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Gaddafist Libya
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Capitalizm

Postby Gaddafist Libya » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 pm

What is Capitalizm? I read Jennifer Gov, but I never got what Capitalizm is.

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 pm

well, it may be.. a quite common, spread idea nowadays, despite you are right there is not in actual countries which i could think about.

I would say it is..either a sort of China with private property in place of State property as it is, or the nineteenth century developed countries, as British Empire.

still this is true beeing a largely common idea still not so coherent in actual countries of these days.

Some countries which may be close at this word, they can t be said like this (the case perhaps of South and Center Americas of some decades ago).

mainly because they often have got a large and deep State and military which keep them in a different basket, I reason.

past U.r.s.s vassals, nevertheless, as Kazakistan may be.

yes, I find Kazakistan may be the golden standard nowadays country -still I can t say becuse I never went there- for this definition, perhaps post Janukovic's regime fall Ukraine somewhat.

Also, the '90 past U.r.s.s countries after the wall chute, they may have been this, even if after a pair of decades they can t be said as this anymore.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am, edited 10 times in total.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Capitalism is free enterprise. It permits the means of production in the hands of businessman or the sale of goods and services from non government entities. In capitalism people can buy and sell according to the supply and demand of the good. If the demand of a product is high, price rises. If the supply is high, the price lowers.

Capitalism tends to have good things and bad. It actually is really remarkable at efficient and communicating at a quick and large scale unlike a command and control economy. But it also can pay workers bad wages and leads other people to gain more wealth easier like the stock market.

There r some critics of capitalism based on the unfair distribution of wealth and inequality and regulation and redistribution based on liberal policies is one way to reduce inequity however it also reduces efficiency of the market.

Gaddafist Libya
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaddafist Libya » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:Capitalism is free enterprise. It permits the means of production in the hands of businessman or the sale of goods and services from non government entities. In capitalism people can buy and sell according to the supply and demand of the good. If the demand of a product is high, price rises. If the supply is high, the price lowers.

Capitalism tends to have good things and bad. It actually is really remarkable at efficient and communicating at a quick and large scale unlike a command and control economy. But it also can pay workers bad wages and leads other people to gain more wealth easier like the stock market.

There r some critics of capitalism based on the unfair distribution of wealth and inequality and regulation and redistribution based on liberal policies is one way to reduce inequity however it also reduces efficiency of the market.

Not capitalism, capitalizm with a Z that is mentioned in Jennifer Government

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Gaddafist Libya wrote:
Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:Capitalism is free enterprise. It permits the means of production in the hands of businessman or the sale of goods and services from non government entities. In capitalism people can buy and sell according to the supply and demand of the good. If the demand of a product is high, price rises. If the supply is high, the price lowers.

Not capitalism, capitalizm with a Z that is mentioned in Jennifer Government

Oh sorry haven't read the book

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Capitalizm (As opposed to Capitalism) is the political and economic system within the United States in Max Barry's (Peace be upon him) novel, Jennifer Government. The closest real life political philosophy is Anarcho-Capitalism, and the novel deconstructs how awful such a system would be to live in.
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Gaddafist Libya
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaddafist Libya » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:50 pm

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:Capitalizm (As opposed to Capitalism) is the political and economic system within the United States in Max Barry's (Peace be upon him) novel, Jennifer Government. The closest real life political philosophy is Anarcho-Capitalism, and the novel deconstructs how awful such a system would be to live in.

So why didn't they call it anarcho-capitalism? What's the difference between that and Capitalizm?

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Gaddafist Libya wrote:
The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:Capitalizm (As opposed to Capitalism) is the political and economic system within the United States in Max Barry's (Peace be upon him) novel, Jennifer Government. The closest real life political philosophy is Anarcho-Capitalism, and the novel deconstructs how awful such a system would be to live in.

So why didn't they call it anarcho-capitalism? What's the difference between that and Capitalizm?

I cannot speak for Mr. Barry, for he is a being of immeasurably superior wisdom; after all, he created this glorious website.
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction