NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers IX: God Howard Starfield Edition

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How indeed, do you game fine sirs or madams?

PC
37%
Console
23%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
16%
Anything and Everything
8%
Other
4%
Insert witty 2018 gaming reference here
9%

Total votes : 1671

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Heloin wrote:While I've been loving Pro Skater 1+2 what it's been making me really want is a remake of American Wasteland and Underground.

Amen to that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Made a dude rage quit in among us lol

That was a good imposter round, killed pink in front of purple, got him voted out then caused a reactor melt down and only green ran to the reactor, white stayed back till the last second and then i murdered him in front of green as the reactor was about to go.

He was not amused
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Made a dude rage quit in among us lol

That was a good imposter round, killed pink in front of purple, got him voted out then caused a reactor melt down and only green ran to the reactor, white stayed back till the last second and then i murdered him in front of green as the reactor was about to go.

He was not amused

I hate when the imposter rage quits when they're caught. Take your ejection like a man.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:20 pm

He was not amused

I have been given a deep seated paranoia of cams as impostor being caught several times today(though one of those was questionable as I killed Yellow in electric and white accused me saying they saw me on cams, but as far as I know no cam looks into electric.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

He was not amused

I hate when the imposter rage quits when they're caught. Take your ejection like a man.

No i was the imposter. Or do you just mean in general?
Andsed wrote:

He was not amused

I have been given a deep seated paranoia of cams as impostor being caught several times today(though one of those was questionable as I killed Yellow in electric and white accused me saying they saw me on cams, but as far as I know no cam looks into electric.
They dont iirc

On Skeld the cameras are at the junction between Security and Reactor, entrance to medical, junction at navigation and entrance to communications.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:50 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:No i was the imposter. Or do you just mean in general?

I meant in general.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Well, that was a fun game of Among Us.

Green moron gets me ejected because when someone found a body, my first reaction was to tell everyone where I was.
Decide to get spiteful next round and get him booted in revenge, so me and White lie about seeing him come out of a vent. Neither of us did.
Turns out Green was the imposter.

We found the imposter by sheer luck and spite.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 am

He was not amused

I would never be so brazen. I like to sabotage the ship and fix it myself, to make people think I'm safe.

Then I pick them off one by one, stoking paranoia among the ship. It doesn't take a lot for some randos to start accusing each other lol.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 am

Andsed wrote:

He was not amused

I hate it when the crew is right but for the wrong reasons. I had really bad ping in one game so I was lagging pretty badly, and to them I was teleporting around. For some reason they thought that's what venting looks like and voted me out.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:29 am

Valrifell wrote:

He was not amused

I would never be so brazen. I like to sabotage the ship and fix it myself, to make people think I'm safe.

Then I pick them off one by one, stoking paranoia among the ship. It doesn't take a lot for some randos to start accusing each other lol.

Yeah. I just got accused and ejected because white literally just said "vote pink pls" without providing any other evidence even though the body was found (by me) in admin and multiple people saw me in navigation at the beginning of the round. Randos will literally eject you for no reason. And the dumbest part? White was not even an impostor. They just accused me for shits and giggles I guess.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:31 am

Valrifell wrote:

He was not amused

My imposter buddy got caught early on so i had to be a bit more brazen as there were not a lot of tasks so the bar was filling up. I killed one or two people and quickly got out of dodge but i had to do some drastic when there was only five of us left. So i closed the doors, killed pink and self reported then blamed it on purple, and as no one suspected me at all at this point the others went on my side. I also tricked them into thinking i had two tasks left to do so they voted purple and then said they would watch my tasks. I immediately caused the reactor meltdown to prevent them from hitting the emergency button (which purple said to do right before he was voted out) and when green ran white stayed behind which bought me even more time till my kill timer was down.

Green fucking lost it and raged in the chat afterwards then quit.

I had done some fixing earlier on and stayed next to some people and didnt kill them to build up an alibi and when my buddy got caught out i dove on him immediately and voted for him quickly. He had no way of digging himself out of it and was barely defending himself so it was a good opportunity.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:53 am

So apparently Among Us 2 has been cancelled. The guys who make it decided to scrap the sequel, and focus on improving Among Us 1 instead.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:03 am

Ameriganastan wrote:So apparently Among Us 2 has been cancelled. The guys who make it decided to scrap the sequel, and focus on improving Among Us 1 instead.

Honestly seems like it might be the right shout.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am

Ameriganastan wrote:So apparently Among Us 2 has been cancelled. The guys who make it decided to scrap the sequel, and focus on improving Among Us 1 instead.

I think that is a good move. A sequel would just be the same game but upgraded. Improving the game already made sounds like a much better idea.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:15 am

Prudent move, as they currently have a product that is successful, no need for a sequel yet.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 pm

I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:13 pm

"Black fixed electrical so he's safe"

Literally no, Imposters can also fix sabotages, keep yourselves safe friends and don't be like my brainless teammates.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Valrifell wrote:"Black fixed electrical so he's safe"

Literally no, Imposters can also fix sabotages, keep yourselves safe friends and don't be like my brainless teammates.

It's a wonderful moment when someone defends you when your the imposter. You get that feeling of "I'm going to try my hardest to murder you last."
Last edited by Heloin on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Heloin wrote:
Valrifell wrote:"Black fixed electrical so he's safe"

It's a wonderful moment when someone defends you when your the imposter. You get that feeling of "I'm going to try my hardest to murder you last."

There are two ways to get to the bottom of my "to-murder" list:

1. Defend me when I get accused
2. Have a mini crewmate, I'm not a monster.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Heloin wrote:It's a wonderful moment when someone defends you when your the imposter. You get that feeling of "I'm going to try my hardest to murder you last."

The most painful thing in game is when someone with a mini crewmate sees you venting and so you have to kill them. Has happened to me and the guilt of seeing the mini just sitting is almost enough for me to turn myself in.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Andsed wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

The most painful thing in game is when someone with a mini crewmate sees you venting and so you have to kill them. Has happened to me and the guilt of seeing the mini just sitting is almost enough for me to turn myself in.

I would simply never get caught venting :P

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Andsed wrote:The most painful thing in game is when someone with a mini crewmate sees you venting and so you have to kill them. Has happened to me and the guilt of seeing the mini just sitting is almost enough for me to turn myself in.

Well excuse me mr perfect! Not all of us can perfectly time our vent exits! Some of us do it just as someone is entering the room so you have to shank them in front of their small child! :p
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Andsed wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Well excuse me mr perfect! Not all of us can perfectly time our vent exits! Some of us do it just as someone is entering the room so you have to shank them in front of their small child! :p

I find that I'll be thrown out the airlock for standing near the vent rather then actually going through it.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:26 am

I accidentally vented once in front of the last three crewmates and my imposter buddy in one round on skeld near the start of the round. Everyone stood still for a second before running and i panic locked all the doors and was able to catch one of the cremates in the top engine then murdered him and won the match.

Sheer panic thinking i had fucked it as my kill timer was still going and we were soo close to winning.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:08 am

My new favorite imposter play was when we were down to final four, my imposter partner quit as soon as the game started. Very tense. I kill in admin and come out of a vent, but red sees me.

Luckily I manage to convince the crew that, uh actually red was the one who vented and he ran in front of me. Then a reactor meltdown to get them away from the button, and then murder!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction