NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers IX: God Howard Starfield Edition

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How indeed, do you game fine sirs or madams?

PC
37%
Console
23%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
16%
Anything and Everything
8%
Other
4%
Insert witty 2018 gaming reference here
9%

Total votes : 1671

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Heloin wrote:You really can't see that you're just being an arse in both cases?

That first one wasn't being an arse, it was strategy...also, he kind of brought it on himself. When you tell someone on the opposing team to not do something, you know they're gonna do it.

Ngl it actually is called being a bit of a douche if another player asks you not to do something and then you proceed to specifically do said thing repeatedly in order to gain an unfair advantage and/or annoy them.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:06 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That first one wasn't being an arse, it was strategy...also, he kind of brought it on himself. When you tell someone on the opposing team to not do something, you know they're gonna do it.

Ngl it actually is called being a bit of a douche if another player asks you not to do something and then you proceed to specifically do said thing repeatedly in order to gain an unfair advantage and/or annoy them.

Hey, my team won the game. So I say it was worth it.

Also, he could have just dodged when he saw Elise in the lobby. So no sympathy from me.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Ngl it actually is called being a bit of a douche if another player asks you not to do something and then you proceed to specifically do said thing repeatedly in order to gain an unfair advantage and/or annoy them.

Hey, my team won the game. So I say it was worth it.

No it's just toxic. It's that kind of shit that ruins games.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Hey, my team won the game. So I say it was worth it.

No it's just toxic. It's that kind of shit that ruins games.

Trust me, I know toxic. I've been banned from that game 4 times after all. That wasn't toxic, it was mind-gaming him. And it worked.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No it's just toxic. It's that kind of shit that ruins games.

Trust me, I know toxic. I've been banned from that game 4 times after all. That wasn't toxic, it was mind-gaming him. And it worked.

I'm telling you unequivocally that the shit you pulled was toxic. You can take it or leave it, but what you did was toxic.

Wave on, wave on

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Trust me, I know toxic. I've been banned from that game 4 times after all. That wasn't toxic, it was mind-gaming him. And it worked.

I'm telling you unequivocally that the shit you pulled was toxic. You can take it or leave it, but what you did was toxic.

And as a 7 year player of that game, I say it wasn't.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I'm telling you unequivocally that the shit you pulled was toxic. You can take it or leave it, but what you did was toxic.

And as a 7 year player of that game, I say it wasn't.

Think what you like, but it's pretty low if you need to stoop to toxic strategy to get an edge.

Wave on, wave on

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:21 pm

... I have to say, I'ma have to side with Ameriganastan partly on the whole arachnophobia thing.

Imagine going to an FGC tournament and telling someone "please don't play (this character), he triggers me" to a player you've never met before.

Maybe the player can be polite, but they don't HAVE to be, and it's totally unreasonable to demand them and block them from playing a character, it's a forfeit on the part of the player with... Whatever. If you can't handle a fictional spider, maybe don't play League of Legends.

On the other hand... I'ma have to agree and say that was a petty dick move just to win a game of League of Legends online, Ameri XD

There is such a thing as being too competitive. On a scale of "9 year old who likes the pretty colors" to "Tyler1 Using A Human Brain As A Graphics Card", I give that a "Sweaty".
Last edited by The Rich Port on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:And as a 7 year player of that game, I say it wasn't.

Think what you like, but it's pretty low if you need to stoop to toxic strategy to get an edge.

Hey, whatever works. Ameri plays to win. Whether that involves exploiting a fear in a video game or blindsiding Daryl Bob Wheeler upside the head in dodgeball when he wasn't paying attention.'

A win is a win.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Think what you like, but it's pretty low if you need to stoop to toxic strategy to get an edge.

Hey, whatever works. Ameri plays to win. Whether that involves exploiting a fear in a video game or blindsiding Daryl Bob Wheeler upside the head in dodgeball when he wasn't paying attention.'

A win is a win.

Considering that there's a distinct possibility that was a troll and/or a small child... Don't get too proud there, buddy.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Think what you like, but it's pretty low if you need to stoop to toxic strategy to get an edge.

A win is a win.

And again it's low and desperate to stoop to annoying someone or targeting someone psychologically specifically to get an edge to win a game. It isn't something to be proud of, it's in fact quite shameful.

Wave on, wave on

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:12 am

The New California Republic wrote:And again it's low and desperate to stoop to annoying someone or targeting someone psychologically specifically to get an edge to win a game. It isn't something to be proud of, it's in fact quite shameful.

I do a lot of shameful things I feel proud of. Like the time I tried tripping that blind girl. Sure it didn't work, but I took the chance.

...Though looking back now, the dodgeball thing might have been a crush. I guess I didn't know how to process that just yet, so I chucked a dogeball at his head...teenage me was odd.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:And again it's low and desperate to stoop to annoying someone or targeting someone psychologically specifically to get an edge to win a game. It isn't something to be proud of, it's in fact quite shameful.

I do a lot of shameful things I feel proud of. Like the time I tried tripping that blind girl. Sure it didn't work, but I took the chance.

...alright. Whatever.

Wave on, wave on

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

...Though looking back now, the dodgeball thing might have been a crush. I guess I didn't know how to process that just yet, so I chucked a dogeball at his head...teenage me was odd.

The fuck is actually wrong with you?
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:44 am

Valrifell wrote:
Hirota wrote:Just noticed it's on Xbox Game Pass too!

It was fun, but short.

Indeed, had a good laugh with it, my only major issue is that i wish there was a map as sometimes it was a nightmare trying to navigate the environments. Especially towards the end.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I do a lot of shameful things I feel proud of. Like the time I tried tripping that blind girl. Sure it didn't work, but I took the chance.

The fuck is actually wrong with you?

Oh, various things.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I do a lot of shameful things I feel proud of. Like the time I tried tripping that blind girl. Sure it didn't work, but I took the chance.

Awwww.... cute.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 am

And now Grounded doesn't wanna go past the title screen for some reason.

Gotta love these early access games.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 am

Ive never seen the spiders climb up walls and ceilings in grounded, at least not in any of the gameplay clips ive seen online. They can do that right? Because... they are spiders, so it would be odd if they couldnt.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Ive never seen the spiders climb up walls and ceilings in grounded, at least not in any of the gameplay clips ive seen online. They can do that right? Because... they are spiders, so it would be odd if they couldnt.

Forget the spiders. My issue is with those damn red mites. So tiny they can sneak up on you, and always attack in groups. Agitating little bastards.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 am

Arachnophobia mode.
Except turning it on makes everyone in game spiders.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 am

Ah, so that's the Orb Weaver. Cripes, minding my own business and bam. One-shot.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Names Are Too Hard
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Names Are Too Hard » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 am

just realized I can whack people with kayak paddles in phantom covert ops. this is my new favorite game.
Sometimes words sound good in my head but my tongue make not the words sound good
Typos and bad grammar are likely due to me being on mobile, but might just be cause I’m stupid.
Organized religion bad

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
It was fun, but short.

Indeed, had a good laugh with it, my only major issue is that i wish there was a map as sometimes it was a nightmare trying to navigate the environments. Especially towards the end.

Agree, it occasionally took ages to squeeze my giant pulsing nightmare mass through the vents that were essential to progress. Also was kind of annoying how the game forced you into certain sizes for certain encounters.
Last edited by Valrifell on Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:03 pm

So I got 6th place in a game of Warzone. I swear I was fucking trembling I was stressed as fuck.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction