NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers IX: God Howard Starfield Edition

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How indeed, do you game fine sirs or madams?

PC
37%
Console
23%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
16%
Anything and Everything
8%
Other
4%
Insert witty 2018 gaming reference here
9%

Total votes : 1671

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed May 13, 2020 9:17 am

Corrian wrote:So Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 are getting a remake

I'm actually kinda hype. I was just thinking about Pro Skater 2 recently, and how much fun I had with it back in the day, but how ass it looks now.

Its by the same people who made the Crash Bandicoot remakes, so it'll likely be done in a way that's loyal to the original game.

A few days ago Tony Hawk's record got shattered, so good timing.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed May 13, 2020 3:51 pm

One thing that I do think that is missing from RimWorld but sorely needed is smoke mortar shells. There are times where they would be very useful at stopping turrets from locking on, and reducing the accuracy of shots from enemies. There is the smoke launcher, but it only has a range of 24 tiles, while the mini-sentries have a range of 29, autocannons a range of 33, and uranium slug turrets a range of 46; meaning that your colonist has to get well within range of all types of sentry guns in order to use the smoke launcher, making it pretty much useless.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu May 14, 2020 7:02 am

I heard about that. It's really dumb.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu May 14, 2020 9:00 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

I heard about that. It's really dumb.

Indeed. It launches today so I guess we will have more news on this cluster fuck soon.

In other news: Paper Mario: The Origami King has just been announced with a new battle system being shown off.

It looks ok, the creepy intro looks like we might have a non garbage story this time around.

One thing I don't like is how many coins are shown on screen. It makes it look like it's just going to barf coins at you like Sticker Star and Colour Splash.

My expectations are tempered and I'm not expecting another Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario, but I am expecting to be notably better then Colour Splash.

Oh and Chugga's new LP is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX

this game looks cool id like to see more of it.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri May 15, 2020 11:57 am

The New California Republic wrote:One thing that I do think that is missing from RimWorld but sorely needed is smoke mortar shells. There are times where they would be very useful at stopping turrets from locking on, and reducing the accuracy of shots from enemies. There is the smoke launcher, but it only has a range of 24 tiles, while the mini-sentries have a range of 29, autocannons a range of 33, and uranium slug turrets a range of 46; meaning that your colonist has to get well within range of all types of sentry guns in order to use the smoke launcher, making it pretty much useless.

I've not tried it but couldn't you leapfrog from cloud to cloud?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri May 15, 2020 7:06 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I heard about that. It's really dumb.

Indeed. It launches today so I guess we will have more news on this cluster fuck soon.

In other news: Paper Mario: The Origami King has just been announced with a new battle system being shown off.

It looks ok, the creepy intro looks like we might have a non garbage story this time around.

One thing I don't like is how many coins are shown on screen. It makes it look like it's just going to barf coins at you like Sticker Star and Colour Splash.

My expectations are tempered and I'm not expecting another Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario, but I am expecting to be notably better then Colour Splash.

Oh and Chugga's new LP is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX

this game looks cool id like to see more of it.

I still want to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I've been meaning to for ages.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015

Postby Maichuko » Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 pm

I finally beat The Outer Worlds It was a really fun game, I liked the setting, really cared about my companions and I hope it gets a sequel. I might make a new character and not give my character a permanent concussion flaw this time, I don't know what I was thinking when I accepted that flaw.
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 15, 2020 9:01 pm

Maichuko wrote:I finally beat The Outer Worlds It was a really fun game, I liked the setting, really cared about my companions and I hope it gets a sequel. I might make a new character and not give my character a permanent concussion flaw this time, I don't know what I was thinking when I accepted that flaw.

Yeah, I never took any flaws.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Taking a crack at Myth 2 while in quarantine. I never get tired of dwarves hurling molotovs until the enemy is blown to bits.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 pm

So now that they've added a rootkit to Doom: Eternal, and also destroyed the Linux version 3 months after release, I feel 100% vindicated in interpreting the day-1 DLC policy as a dead canary that meant hell was coming with that game.

Glad I didn't buy it.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 am

I liked the Outer Worlds but i didnt feel there was a lot of replay-ability compared to say fallout. Also wayyyyyy overhyped by people, that was entertaining lol
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 16, 2020 3:34 am

Purpelia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:One thing that I do think that is missing from RimWorld but sorely needed is smoke mortar shells. There are times where they would be very useful at stopping turrets from locking on, and reducing the accuracy of shots from enemies. There is the smoke launcher, but it only has a range of 24 tiles, while the mini-sentries have a range of 29, autocannons a range of 33, and uranium slug turrets a range of 46; meaning that your colonist has to get well within range of all types of sentry guns in order to use the smoke launcher, making it pretty much useless.

I've not tried it but couldn't you leapfrog from cloud to cloud?

Difficult in the heat of battle. And clumsy. Plus it'd entail keeping the squad in a tight group, which isn't recommended. It'd be far better to lay down the smoke right in front of the turrets at the start, as it would be in an actual battle, but it's something that isn't currently possible.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 am

Cisairse wrote:So now that they've added a rootkit to Doom: Eternal, and also destroyed the Linux version 3 months after release, I feel 100% vindicated in interpreting the day-1 DLC policy as a dead canary that meant hell was coming with that game.

Glad I didn't buy it.

Here is some info about it if anyone is wondering what this is all about: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/40 ... e%5B%5D=en

Wave on, wave on

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat May 16, 2020 4:09 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I've not tried it but couldn't you leapfrog from cloud to cloud?

Difficult in the heat of battle. And clumsy. Plus it'd entail keeping the squad in a tight group, which isn't recommended. It'd be far better to lay down the smoke right in front of the turrets at the start, as it would be in an actual battle, but it's something that isn't currently possible.

Oh well. There are always mods.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sat May 16, 2020 8:46 am

Cisairse wrote:So now that they've added a rootkit to Doom: Eternal, and also destroyed the Linux version 3 months after release, I feel 100% vindicated in interpreting the day-1 DLC policy as a dead canary that meant hell was coming with that game.

Glad I didn't buy it.

Here is some info about it if anyone is wondering what this is all about: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/40 ... e%5B%5D=en

F*cking DRM! Like, how do we let people get away with this sh*t? It's like politics, I see people doing blatantly wrong things and I can do nothing to stop them!
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 16, 2020 9:11 am

Purpelia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Difficult in the heat of battle. And clumsy. Plus it'd entail keeping the squad in a tight group, which isn't recommended. It'd be far better to lay down the smoke right in front of the turrets at the start, as it would be in an actual battle, but it's something that isn't currently possible.

Oh well. There are always mods.

No need! The almighty Gods of Gaming must have listened to my plea, because as of the recent patch I just applied (version 1.1.2632 rev709) they have added smoke shells to the game! :lol:

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 16, 2020 9:39 am

Serrus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Here is some info about it if anyone is wondering what this is all about: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/40 ... e%5B%5D=en

F*cking DRM! Like, how do we let people get away with this sh*t? It's like politics, I see people doing blatantly wrong things and I can do nothing to stop them!

DRM that sits in the kernel doing god-knows-what is staying the fuck off of my machine.

Wave on, wave on

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm

I have a army of 200 and you only have a army of 80.

Man got to love dumb lords in MBW.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Imperial isa wrote:I have a army of 200 and you only have a army of 80.

The combat AI in most games has no fucking idea about how mismatched it is sometimes.

Wave on, wave on

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sat May 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Imperial isa wrote:I have a army of 200 and you only have a army of 80.

The combat AI in most games has no fucking idea about how mismatched it is sometimes.

True but you do get some fun battles sometimes.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Serrus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Here is some info about it if anyone is wondering what this is all about: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/40 ... e%5B%5D=en

This isn't DRM, this is malware that they're calling "anti-cheat."

You can stop them by not purchasing or playing their games, and encouraging your friend groups to do the same.
Last edited by Cisairse on Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sat May 16, 2020 10:52 pm

So, love Terraria. Turned on god mode and have just been mining. I really have no idea what I'm doing but I'm having fun.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun May 17, 2020 2:41 am

Purpelia wrote:Oh well. There are always mods.

No need! The almighty Gods of Gaming must have listened to my plea, because as of the recent patch I just applied (version 1.1.2632 rev709) they have added smoke shells to the game! :lol:

Speaking of that has anyone ever used firefoam shells? I mean from where I am standing its more efficient to send out your thralls to put the fire out than it is to try and hit it with inaccurate mortar fire as it spreads everywhere. And the shells cost an arm and a leg. And they don't give you an excuse to give your thralls better ones when used up either.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun May 17, 2020 5:45 am

Purpelia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No need! The almighty Gods of Gaming must have listened to my plea, because as of the recent patch I just applied (version 1.1.2632 rev709) they have added smoke shells to the game! :lol:

(Image)

Speaking of that has anyone ever used firefoam shells? I mean from where I am standing its more efficient to send out your thralls to put the fire out than it is to try and hit it with inaccurate mortar fire as it spreads everywhere. And the shells cost an arm and a leg. And they don't give you an excuse to give your thralls better ones when used up either.

I don't use firefoam shells, as colonists automatically go to stamp out fires when they are in the home area anyway, and any forest fires in other areas tend to get put out by rain if they grow too large, as the game is hardcoded to start rain if there are serious fires. The only way that firefoam shells would become essential is if the game didn't have that automatic rain starting feature.

I have however been doing some target practice with the new smoke shells, using a ruin at the far corner of the map as an aiming point. So far the results are...alright I guess...but the shell inaccuracy means that realistically you need to have at least two mortars lobbing smoke shells to create decent cover; but the smoke tends to disperse quite quickly as well, so you need to move your colonists quick to take advantage of it. I'm hoping that in the next update that they make the smoke linger for a few seconds longer.

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction