NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers IX: God Howard Starfield Edition

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How indeed, do you game fine sirs or madams?

PC
37%
Console
23%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
16%
Anything and Everything
8%
Other
4%
Insert witty 2018 gaming reference here
9%

Total votes : 1671

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 2:38 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:Then you should've specified, Nier is it's own sub-series in the Drakenguard franchise, so Automata's not the only game in the series.

Original point still stands though, hilarious hating a game just because of a mod that wasn't released by Platinum or SE.

Uh, pretty sure the exploding skirt wasn't a mod...

Yes it is, 2B keeps her clothes on for the entire game, and the NA version even made her skirt longer.

What you saw was a shared sexy mod between Nier Automata and DoA5. I'd post sources but Moderation probably wouldn't like that.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 2:41 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Uh, pretty sure the exploding skirt wasn't a mod...

Yes it is, 2B keeps her clothes on for the entire game, and the NA version even made her skirt longer.

What you saw was a shared sexy mod between Nier Automata and DoA5. I'd post sources but Moderation probably wouldn't like that.

...No? It's an actual thing. I remember it quite clearly. Pretty sure I even read about there being a "Self destruct" option that saves you the time of taking damage.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 2:46 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:Yes it is, 2B keeps her clothes on for the entire game, and the NA version even made her skirt longer.

...No? It's an actual thing. I remember it quite clearly. Pretty sure I even read about there being a "Self destruct" option that saves you the time of taking damage.

If you're talking about this whole bit, self-destruct did help inspire the mod, but generally unless you're at the highest level possible you die immediately.

So no, it's not normal to play through without her clothes, you can only get that through mods or getting to the highest levels possible.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 2:50 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...No? It's an actual thing. I remember it quite clearly. Pretty sure I even read about there being a "Self destruct" option that saves you the time of taking damage.

If you're talking about this whole bit, self-destruct did help inspire the mod, but generally unless you're at the highest level possible you die immediately.

So no, it's not normal to play through without her clothes, you can only get that through mods or getting to the highest levels possible.

...What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Everyone knows about the exploding skirt thing. It wasn't a mod. It was a whole thing people talked about. Right there. Right here too.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 2:53 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:If you're talking about this whole bit, self-destruct did help inspire the mod, but generally unless you're at the highest level possible you die immediately.

...What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Everyone knows about the exploding skirt thing. It wasn't a mod. It was a whole thing people talked about. Right there. Right here too.

The actual facts of a game you haven't played.

Again, either you need mods or need to have played through it ~3 or so times to be high enough level for the effect to stick.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 2:55 am

In order to see the ASS you have to reach a sufficiently high enough level that self destruct will not kill you and in fact, reveal the ASS.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 2:56 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Everyone knows about the exploding skirt thing. It wasn't a mod. It was a whole thing people talked about. Right there. Right here too.

Again, either you need mods or need to have played through it ~3 or so times to be high enough level for the effect to stick.

Dude, it's right fucking there. Everyone knows about it. So you're either deluded or you're fucking with me. And both are annoying. I'll boot the fucking game up soon enough and take a goddamn picture.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri May 08, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 3:01 am

You know its a really bad self destruct design when all it does is throw your lower baps out into the wind and not you know, kill you.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri May 08, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 3:10 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:The actual facts of a game you haven't played.

Dude, it's right fucking there. Everyone knows about it. So you're either deluded or you're fucking with me. And both are annoying. I'll boot the fucking game up soon enough and take a goddamn picture.

You'll be taking a picture of a dead body until you're level 70-80 or so (Which requires ~3 playthroughs to get to), so good luck with that.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 3:11 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:In order to see the ASS you have to reach a sufficiently high enough level that self destruct will not kill you and in fact, reveal the ASS.

You have to work for it, because it's not something that's given out freely.

You need to be dedicated.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 3:14 am

New haven america wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:In order to see the ASS you have to reach a sufficiently high enough level that self destruct will not kill you and in fact, reveal the ASS.

You have to work for it, because it's not something that's given out freely.

THEN IT'S NOT A MOD. JESUS, YOU ARE ANNOYING! YOU'RE GOING ON IGNORE! PROBABLY PERMANENTLY!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 3:18 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:You have to work for it, because it's not something that's given out freely.

THEN IT'S NOT A MOD. JESUS, YOU ARE ANNOYING! YOU'RE GOING ON IGNORE! PROBABLY PERMANENTLY!

But it is a mod, you can't get it freely until you get to the upper 70's-80's.

This is far less complex than you seem to think it is.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 3:19 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:You have to work for it, because it's not something that's given out freely.

New Haven did say its only possible either through a mod or getting to a sufficiently high enough level

Like multiple times

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Dude, it's right fucking there. Everyone knows about it. So you're either deluded or you're fucking with me. And both are annoying. I'll boot the fucking game up soon enough and take a goddamn picture.

You'll be taking a picture of a dead body until you're level 70-80 or so (Which requires ~3 playthroughs to get to), so good luck with that.

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Everyone knows about the exploding skirt thing. It wasn't a mod. It was a whole thing people talked about. Right there. Right here too.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 3:20 am

I don't care what he said. I'm done with him. It's bad enough he always talks to me like I'm some simpleton, but I draw the line at him trying to freaking gaslight me over a video game.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 3:24 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I don't care what he said. I'm done with him. It's bad enough he always talks to me like I'm some simpleton, but I draw the line at him trying to freaking gaslight me over a video game.

But he literally said it was possibly only through a mod or getting to a high enough level in the game.

Repeatedly. Not his fault you cant be bothered to read his posts clearly. Now you are throwing him on ignore for...

This whole thing was fucking stupid.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 3:26 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I don't care what he said. I'm done with him. It's bad enough he always talks to me like I'm some simpleton, but I draw the line at him trying to freaking gaslight me over a video game.

But he literally said it was possibly only through a mod or getting to a high enough level in the game.

Repeatedly. Not his fault you cant be bothered to read his posts clearly. Now you are throwing him on ignore for...

Shhh…

Let him play through the entire game and learn to love it.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri May 08, 2020 3:28 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

lmao
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 3:34 am

Oh, he was gonna wind up on ignore eventually. This little diatribe just hastened the process.

And you know what, screw this game. Any desire I had to try it is gone now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 3:44 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:But he literally said it was possibly only through a mod or getting to a high enough level in the game.

Oh, he was gonna wind up on ignore eventually. This little diatribe just hastened the process.

Just try the damn game jesus lol

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 am

In my latest Skyrim adventure I drank too hard and partied to hell and back with a Daedric Prince, only to get a weird staff that made local guards attack me.

And even though they shot first I'm the bad guy here. Why do I leave some of these town alive?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri May 08, 2020 3:54 am

New haven america wrote:In my latest Skyrim adventure I drank too hard and partied to hell and back with a Daedric Prince, only to get a weird staff that made local guards attack me.

And even though they shot first I'm the bad guy here. Why do I leave some of these town alive?

Ah yes, Sanguine. I used console commands and married him.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 08, 2020 3:55 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, he was gonna wind up on ignore eventually. This little diatribe just hastened the process.

Just try the damn game jesus lol

Nope. Gonna stick to The Outer Worlds.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri May 08, 2020 4:03 am

The New California Republic wrote:
New haven america wrote:In my latest Skyrim adventure I drank too hard and partied to hell and back with a Daedric Prince, only to get a weird staff that made local guards attack me.

Ah yes, Sanguine. I used console commands and married him.

I haven't married anyone because I'm playing on the 360 version and all the NPC's are ugly.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri May 08, 2020 4:32 am

New haven america wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Ah yes, Sanguine. I used console commands and married him.

I haven't married anyone because I'm playing on the 360 version and all the NPC's are ugly.

Mjoll is nice.

She also murders the fuck out of things which is really handy
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri May 08, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri May 08, 2020 4:35 am

New haven america wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Ah yes, Sanguine. I used console commands and married him.

I wouldn't play it on 360 myself, as I have had to fix broken quests with console commands on many occasions, and the command console is only on the PC version.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction