NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Axis and allies War at sea.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Thread for Axis and allies War at sea.

Postby The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Helo and welcome to the official nationstates.net thread for Axis and allies War at sea, the spin off game from Axis and allies miniatures, and the original Axis and allies board. If you want to talk about the game, the ships, subs, planes, and other units, special abilities, strategies, stats, or you are getting started and need advice for how to start, or you are a guy that has played the game for awhile and want to pass on knowledge that you have picked up (this is also a great place to talk about the navy ships and battles on account the game is based off of real life).

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm

You will get a better response in Arts and Fiction. NSG is about politics and stuff....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 pm

List of units in my collection.

Allies:
U.S.) Uss Lexington, Uss Iowa, Uss Washington, uss Tennessee,
Uss Montpelier, Uss phelps, Uss Laffey, Uss Fletcher, Uss Taylor, Uss Kidd, Uss Samuel B Roberts, TBF 1 Avenger, F4u 1d Corsair.
Australia) Canberra, Sydney, Nizam x10.
France) Bearn, Goire, Le Terrible, D520 x 2, Vindicators x2,
U.K.) Hms Cossack, Sunderland,
Netherlands) Witte de with.
Greece) Proteus

Axis:
Japan) Haguro, Suzaya x2, Terutsuki, G4M1 betty,
Germany) Z32, Fi167,
Italy) Z.506b Airone

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:13 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:You will get a better response in Arts and Fiction. NSG is about politics and stuff....

Yeah, thread moved.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:38 am

USS Monitor wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:You will get a better response in Arts and Fiction. NSG is about politics and stuff....

Yeah, thread moved.

How?

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 am

This should just be an Axis and Allies thread. A&A is one of the most fun games out there and deserves an entire thread to itself. I have the whole setup for the 1940 situation (Europe+Asia=Global) and also the World War One version, which I tend to like as a quicker game.
Foreign Affairs Director for the League of Conservative Nations

WA Ambassador: Trinity Ryan
WA Information: wa.mission.gov.sci

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:52 am

San Carlos Islands wrote:This should just be an Axis and Allies thread. A&A is one of the most fun games out there and deserves an entire thread to itself. I have the whole setup for the 1940 situation (Europe+Asia=Global) and also the World War One version, which I tend to like as a quicker game.

I agree though Axis and allies war at sea is another game in and of it's self.
I would check out a thread for the normal game if it were around.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:29 pm

The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
Yeah, thread moved.

How?

Magic!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emperor of the mighty Yellow Empire » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Recently I expanded my collectionn

The Cruisers De Ruter, Javelin, Uganda, Dragon, and Leander.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 am

San Carlos Islands wrote:This should just be an Axis and Allies thread. A&A is one of the most fun games out there and deserves an entire thread to itself. I have the whole setup for the 1940 situation (Europe+Asia=Global) and also the World War One version, which I tend to like as a quicker game.

I have played the WWI version online. I’ve playtested a number of strats. It’s such a beautiful map.

I personally think the UK is unbeatable if they just build out of India and employ a 100 percent kill Ottomans first strategy. Turkey if played well and with luck, can hold up to 10-11 turns but always falls inevitably. Once the Uk has Constantinople, they can almost solo Austria and Germany by themselves.

My favorite countries to play are France and Italy. You can set up very creative formations (especially once Americans arrive) to pressure Austria. Combining in Switzerland and surrounding territories is highly effective.

What’s your favorite faction?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:04 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I have played the WWI version online. I’ve playtested a number of strats. It’s such a beautiful map.

I personally think the UK is unbeatable if they just build out of India and employ a 100 percent kill Ottomans first strategy. Turkey if played well and with luck, can hold up to 10-11 turns but always falls inevitably. Once the Uk has Constantinople, they can almost solo Austria and Germany by themselves.

My favorite countries to play are France and Italy. You can set up very creative formations (especially once Americans arrive) to pressure Austria. Combining in Switzerland and surrounding territories is highly effective.

What’s your favorite faction?

I have the WWI version board, though I've only played once. I found Austria-Hungary rather interesting to play.
Foreign Affairs Director for the League of Conservative Nations

WA Ambassador: Trinity Ryan
WA Information: wa.mission.gov.sci

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:08 am

I had just started collecting these when they left stores, it’s a shame really. Some of the models are beautiful (ie. The Vitorrio Veneto). I’m out of town but I’ll post my collection when I get home in a few days. It’s not much but I like it.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:11 am

What’s your favorite piece OP?
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572