NATION

PASSWORD

Paradox Games VIII: Oh no it's the British Raj...Fascinating

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which game (if applicable) just isn't for you, most of all?

EUIV
12
19%
CK2
7
11%
Stellaris
7
11%
HoI3
7
11%
HoI4
10
16%
Imperator: Rome
16
25%
Victoria 2
4
6%
 
Total votes : 63

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7984
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Imprisons Huskar for too much GOT content.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39142
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:In Heavens Graphics Overhaul and Georgia Map Font

Everything is that browny greyish colour because thats the colour of the "The Iron Throne" Kingdom in the got mod.


Here is a screenshot of the realms inside the Iron Throne, bit more colourful. I like it but it makes the water look a bit weird when you zoom out, not sure if thats just to do with the got mod or not


Why does the Iron Throne own Moat Cailin?

They just inherited it at one point, same with the bloody gate for a while too actually.

Wallenburg wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:YEYEYEYEAH MY FUCKING AGOT MOD SAVES WORK


(Image)

Lord, cast your light upon this save. Bring it back from death and darkness. Its flame has been extinguished, restore it.
Yeah my boi

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Imprisons Huskar for too much GOT content.
but why tho : (

I just won a war of independence that saw the Riverlands, Westerlands and Vale secede from the Iron Throne, three kings crowned at once!
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea

WHY BOOB SMALL? WHY YOU HATE?
-oppressed gamer
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7984
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Why does the Iron Throne own Moat Cailin?

They just inherited it at one point, same with the bloody gate for a while too actually.

Wallenburg wrote:Lord, cast your light upon this save. Bring it back from death and darkness. Its flame has been extinguished, restore it.
Yeah my boi

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Imprisons Huskar for too much GOT content.
but why tho : (

I'm a loser who never found it appealing. Probably might watch it when its free in its entirety on netflix or something
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19005
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:They just inherited it at one point, same with the bloody gate for a while too actually.

Yeah my boi

but why tho : (

I'm a loser who never found it appealing. Probably might watch it when its free in its entirety on netflix or something

Might as well not, the latest episode ruined the entire show retroactively.
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts Eastern Orthodox Christian. Christian Anarchist and Monarchist. Supporter of Pan-Arabism. 22-year old Doomer
Even the apologists of industrialism have been obliged to admit that some economic evils follow in the wake of the machines. These are such as overproduction, unemployment, and a growing inequality in the distribution of wealth. But the remedies proposed by the apologists are always homeopathic. They expect the evils to disappear when we have bigger and better machines, and more of them. Their remedial programs, therefore, look forward to more industrialism.
Pro and Anti: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=uni ... id=1166847

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39142
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:They just inherited it at one point, same with the bloody gate for a while too actually.

Yeah my boi

but why tho : (

I'm a loser who never found it appealing. Probably might watch it when its free in its entirety on netflix or something

You should change your name to Impaled Nazarene Frey
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea

WHY BOOB SMALL? WHY YOU HATE?
-oppressed gamer
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7984
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:54 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I'm a loser who never found it appealing. Probably might watch it when its free in its entirety on netflix or something

Might as well not, the latest episode ruined the entire show retroactively.

Laughs in book.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19005
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Might as well not, the latest episode ruined the entire show retroactively.

Laughs in book.

If the ending is the same as Martin's ending, then Martin is an asshole and should give readers their money back for wasting decades on plotlines that don't go anywhere.

Plus Martin's never going to finish the books anyway.
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts Eastern Orthodox Christian. Christian Anarchist and Monarchist. Supporter of Pan-Arabism. 22-year old Doomer
Even the apologists of industrialism have been obliged to admit that some economic evils follow in the wake of the machines. These are such as overproduction, unemployment, and a growing inequality in the distribution of wealth. But the remedies proposed by the apologists are always homeopathic. They expect the evils to disappear when we have bigger and better machines, and more of them. Their remedial programs, therefore, look forward to more industrialism.
Pro and Anti: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=uni ... id=1166847

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21023
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:59 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Laughs in book.

If the ending is the same as Martin's ending, then Martin is an asshole and should give readers their money back for wasting decades on plotlines that don't go anywhere.

Plus Martin's never going to finish the books anyway.


Now now, the ASoIF/GoT thread is over there. Over here on the PDX thread, we think ourselves higher and above such depravity and debauchery that goes on over there.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to have my infant nephew drawn and quartered so I can marry his wife/sister.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

How not to debate: put snarky things implicitly calling out other posters in your sig

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20052
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Valrifell wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:If the ending is the same as Martin's ending, then Martin is an asshole and should give readers their money back for wasting decades on plotlines that don't go anywhere.

Plus Martin's never going to finish the books anyway.


Now now, the ASoIF/GoT thread is over there. Over here on the PDX thread, we think ourselves higher and above such depravity and debauchery that goes on over there.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to have my infant nephew drawn and quartered so I can marry his wife/sister.

Perfection.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1211
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Okay so I was thinking about my first and second games as America in VicII and I think I know how I avoided the Civil War in the first one, yet failed to in the second.

In my first game I never gave the Pro-Slavery Crowd an inch (save for my accident); I never enacted any of those policies that supposedly are aimed to keep the Union together (casus belli against Spain for Cuba to counterbalance Free States, outlawing laws being submitted to Congress concerning slavery, etc.) and I just outright abolished slavery when public approval was high enough and the government let me enact reforms. Completely avoided the Civil War.

On the contrary, I enacted every single on of those policies the minute they were available in the second game - purely out of curiosity. Failed to prevent the Civil War.

I think the first time I did it right: just outright outlaw the practice without that other shit that just appeases the Pro-Slavery Crowd, and you avoid the Civil War entirely. It's only a theory, though. If anyone can confirm or refute it, I'd appreciate that.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig

My F7 Policy
My puppets because I'm sure you were all DYING to know.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1211
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Also: does it make the Civil War easier if you don't build railroads and factories in Slave States? Or harder? I feel like railroads would go both ways, while factories would be giving the South an economic edge. Oh, and can you get Slave States to turn into Free States before the Civil War to lessen the amount of States that secede?
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig

My F7 Policy
My puppets because I'm sure you were all DYING to know.

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Minister
 
Posts: 2609
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:40 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I'm a loser who never found it appealing. Probably might watch it when its free in its entirety on netflix or something

You should change your name to Impaled Nazarene Frey


Can he field an army out of his breeches?
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century

User avatar
Abserdia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18999
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Abserdia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 pm

”Game overs are a failure of the game designer.”

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch,
who watches over you!
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29321
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:14 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:Also: does it make the Civil War easier if you don't build railroads and factories in Slave States? Or harder? I feel like railroads would go both ways, while factories would be giving the South an economic edge. Oh, and can you get Slave States to turn into Free States before the Civil War to lessen the amount of States that secede?


Don't build anything in the South, don't recruit Dixie-cultured troops and they'll have to recruit an army when the civil war starts.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kylaris Loominarty Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31426
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:Also: does it make the Civil War easier if you don't build railroads and factories in Slave States? Or harder? I feel like railroads would go both ways, while factories would be giving the South an economic edge. Oh, and can you get Slave States to turn into Free States before the Civil War to lessen the amount of States that secede?


Don't build anything in the South, don't recruit Dixie-cultured troops and they'll have to recruit an army when the civil war starts.

Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?
Last edited by Purpelia on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Minister
 
Posts: 2609
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Image
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century

User avatar
Ism
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5642
Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:


We didn’t do this one, I swear!

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1211
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Don't build anything in the South, don't recruit Dixie-cultured troops and they'll have to recruit an army when the civil war starts.

Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?


But what if I don't want slaving traitors to have even the slightest chance at victory?
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig

My F7 Policy
My puppets because I'm sure you were all DYING to know.

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29321
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Don't build anything in the South, don't recruit Dixie-cultured troops and they'll have to recruit an army when the civil war starts.

Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?


Pfft. If you want a challenge, you play as the South.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kylaris Loominarty Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Abserdia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18999
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Abserdia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?


But what if I don't want slaving traitors to have even the slightest chance at victory?

Have what appears to be immense luck by outlawing slavery before The Slavery Debate nation flag is added.
”Game overs are a failure of the game designer.”

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch,
who watches over you!
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

User avatar
Heloin
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5730
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm

Abserdia wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:
But what if I don't want slaving traitors to have even the slightest chance at victory?

Have what appears to be immense luck by outlawing slavery before The Slavery Debate nation flag is added.

event 18090 once or twice till you got enough liberals to do that if you're a filthy cheater :p
We are the Village Green Preservation Society. God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety.

My Names Jennifer, a 20 something Rabbit and Rhodie Girl. Proudly Zimbabwean, and currently a Floridian too. TET Disc Jockey.
I love Rugby. Go Springboks, Go Sables! I draw things and make pixel stuff. And now maps! Take a look!

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31426
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?


But what if I don't want slaving traitors to have even the slightest chance at victory?

Than you won't have a decent challenge and thus fun fighting the war. The way it's set up you are basically playing football with twice the players they have already. No point in completely removing the opposing team. It just gets boring.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
North German Realm
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1786
Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North German Realm » Wed May 01, 2019 1:48 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Or better yet don't recruit yanks at all and build everything in the south to give them the best possible chance at victory. I find that to be the only real way to get a challenge out of it. Also, is it just me or is HOI4 way too easy since last patch?


But what if I don't want slaving traitors to have even the slightest chance at victory?

You could get HFM, in which case if you pander to the Slavers enough, they won't be pissed off enough to revolt which makes the Free States revolt against the Slavering United States. It also has the benefit of giving the Confederates (or the Free States, on the off chance) a half-year grace period to get their shit together before the Civil War starts.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
North Germany
Norddeutschland

As The Great War wages, North Germans lose six men for every meter of land they reclaim from Allied Occupation!
Overview || Kaiser | Chancellor | Legislature | Military || News: 28 December, 1908

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9403
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am

So far, enjoying Imperator: Rome, but one nitpick that I had with EU4 crossed over into Imperator: Rome. That bloody ‘mana’ system. Why couldn’t they have had more CK2 elements, like sending your magistrate over to fabricate a claim, and if he’s feeling traitorly, you may get a penalty on certain actions, taking longer or outright not functioning until loyalty returns.
Otho Tedgustus President Esteemed of Holy Tedalonia.
FACTBOOK
Status based off index:
Tier: 7
Level: 0
Type: 6
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
NS Stats don't matter | warning leader does not represent everyone's attitude | Massive Update in progress, gist is a succession of power is about to happen. Q&A about Holy Tedalonia and more
Name: Ted
Ideology: Capitalism
Political Compass: Social Libertarian for some reason
Race: Vampire
Political Side: Right
Favorite Senator: Ted Cruz (Ted's have to help out Ted's)
Status: Healthy and as strong as a starved ox
Religion: a Pious Christian (although that doesn't stop me from RPing against good every now and then)
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29321
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So far, enjoying Imperator: Rome, but one nitpick that I had with EU4 crossed over into Imperator: Rome. That bloody ‘mana’ system. Why couldn’t they have had more CK2 elements, like sending your magistrate over to fabricate a claim, and if he’s feeling traitorly, you may get a penalty on certain actions, taking longer or outright not functioning until loyalty returns.


Or even CK2's rather unobtrusive tech system?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kylaris Loominarty Membership can be applied for here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ameriganastan, Hurdergaryp, The first Galactic Republic

Advertisement

Remove ads