NATION

PASSWORD

Paradox Games VIII: Oh no it's the British Raj...Fascinating

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which game (if applicable) just isn't for you, most of all?

EUIV
13
18%
CK2
7
10%
Stellaris
7
10%
HoI3
7
10%
HoI4
12
17%
Imperator: Rome
20
28%
Victoria 2
5
7%
 
Total votes : 71

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40663
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:49 am

Purpelia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
So...

You managed to recruit 10,000 Japanese people to fight for you from their army? Is that how that works?

He triggered a number overflow bug.

TLDR computers store negative numbers and positive numbers both in the same way. To them it's just a positive number in binary. As in, if the PC had a 3 digit number option you could use the same field to store numbers [0-999] or [-499,500]. And if you saved one of each type and picked say -499 and 0 and you took a microscope and looked at the physical imprint of both on your hard drive you'd see that they are exactly the same. No difference. The only thing that changes is that the PC knows to read 0 or -499 based on an additional flag added separately.

Additionally, a quirk of this notation means that if you took the number 500 (unsigned) and added 1 you'd get 501 because the unsigned numbers go up to 999. But if you took 999 and added 1 you'd get 0. It loops back. With signed numbers that means adding 1 to the highest possible number (500 in our example) actually flips back and makes it -499.

You don't see this happen often in video games because a) PC numbers go up to +/-2'147'483'647 and b) programmers are generally smart enough to handle stupid overflows like that. But apparently HOI4 is optimized badly enough that #a can happen because #b failed to.


See I thought it might have been this because I've done that a few times in HoI4 with things like equipment production but I only took 20K casualties which seems like such an odd number for it to break at.

Also I'd like to tell you all that if you aren't using 40 width divisions you're not living life probably. They're amazing.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39193
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:58 am

I reject your logical and reasonable technobabble and reiterate that it was a dimensional portal between two chinas
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea

I dont like politics in video games. My favourite game is Witcher III
-oppressed gamer
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5733
Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 am

Anyone here into the HoI4 multiplayer scene? I didn't realise how low-skill level I was until I started playing in TommyKay's community games, or in people from his discord's lobbies. It's taken me a while to even begin competing with some of those guys, it's unreal.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:

Once, I saw an African adventurer take control of Bavaria. He became the head of the Rain Warriors. He is doing rather well for himself!


That's even worse, tbh. How exactly do heathens, pagans, and heretics manage to take control of a realm of a hostile religion which also happens to be completely surrounded by said hostile religion without being holy war'd into oblivion?

Bavaria isn't exactly a strong kingdom.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31429
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Purpelia wrote:He triggered a number overflow bug.

TLDR computers store negative numbers and positive numbers both in the same way. To them it's just a positive number in binary. As in, if the PC had a 3 digit number option you could use the same field to store numbers [0-999] or [-499,500]. And if you saved one of each type and picked say -499 and 0 and you took a microscope and looked at the physical imprint of both on your hard drive you'd see that they are exactly the same. No difference. The only thing that changes is that the PC knows to read 0 or -499 based on an additional flag added separately.

Additionally, a quirk of this notation means that if you took the number 500 (unsigned) and added 1 you'd get 501 because the unsigned numbers go up to 999. But if you took 999 and added 1 you'd get 0. It loops back. With signed numbers that means adding 1 to the highest possible number (500 in our example) actually flips back and makes it -499.

You don't see this happen often in video games because a) PC numbers go up to +/-2'147'483'647 and b) programmers are generally smart enough to handle stupid overflows like that. But apparently HOI4 is optimized badly enough that #a can happen because #b failed to.


See I thought it might have been this because I've done that a few times in HoI4 with things like equipment production but I only took 20K casualties which seems like such an odd number for it to break at.

Also I'd like to tell you all that if you aren't using 40 width divisions you're not living life probably. They're amazing.

Yea. The thing that baffles me is that it's just at 10k. Like that stuff shouldn't be happening before you hit 2 billion. So something with their code is seriously paradoxical.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Abserdia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19016
Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Abserdia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Once, I saw an African adventurer take control of Bavaria. He became the head of the Rain Warriors. He is doing rather well for himself!


That's even worse, tbh. How exactly do heathens, pagans, and heretics manage to take control of a realm of a hostile religion which also happens to be completely surrounded by said hostile religion without being holy war'd into oblivion?

Bavaria isn't exactly a strong kingdom.

Well, Germany immediately got Crusaded, so now our adventurer friend is limited to a few provinces in Bavaria.
”Game overs are a failure of the game designer.”

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch,
who watches over you!
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

User avatar
Phoenicaea
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1110
Founded: May 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phoenicaea » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 am

two things here, in brief. first, about ckii, i ve not purchased it, because i prefer the state epic over the family tree saga, and then: it doesn t add city-states, italian city states.

it was different from feudal regime, and were most developed at their age. then, the second thingis i would see well a victoria iii, with different economics since vic ii struggle at resume.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:03 am

Phoenicaea wrote:two things here, in brief. first, about ckii, i ve not purchased it, because i prefer the state epic over the family tree saga, and then: it doesn t add city-states, italian city states.

it was different from feudal regime, and were most developed at their age. then, the second thingis i would see well a victoria iii, with different economics since vic ii struggle at resume.


Not true. The Italian city-states are represented in the later start dates, though playing as one would be a challenge considering how weak they are.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31429
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:04 am

Phoenicaea wrote:two things here, in brief. first, about ckii, i ve not purchased it, because i prefer the state epic over the family tree saga,

In that case you were right to do as you did. CK2 is definitively a family tree saga kind of game. It's basically a roleplay game that happens to span over many generations and tangentially involve running a medieval nation. So if that's not your cup of tea you were right not to get it.

I imagine you might enjoy EU4 though.

and then: it doesn t add city-states, italian city states.

I'd love to see a game set in Renaissance Italy. Any game. Don't matter the context. Give me that sweet sweet backstabbery.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Renoa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1396
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Renoa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:I reject your logical and reasonable technobabble and reiterate that it was a dimensional portal between two chinas

I prefer something more along the lines of this.
I'm the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. Don't tell Huskar, even though someone already did.
Sapin Military District wrote:If god doesn't exist, then why does a tissue pop up every time you take the old one out of the box?

Benomia 3 wrote: Well if we're sharing our feelings now, I feel that royal purple is a fine color, but sadly underused in modern fashion.
Pro: Emo revival, fighting climate change, the New Orleans Saints, thick thighs, Mean Girls
Anti: Egos larger than my own, Eurocentrism, most seafood, the designated hitter rule, the Atlanta Falcons

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Purpelia wrote:I'd love to see a game set in Renaissance Italy. Any game. Don't matter the context. Give me that sweet sweet backstabbery.


Never heard of Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I see.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Dawetid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 784
Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dawetid » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Phoenicaea wrote:two things here, in brief. first, about ckii, i ve not purchased it, because i prefer the state epic over the family tree saga, and then: it doesn t add city-states, italian city states.

it was different from feudal regime, and were most developed at their age. then, the second thingis i would see well a victoria iii, with different economics since vic ii struggle at resume.

I heard Stellaris does economy quite well, and probably IR when it comes out.
This year was really unlucky.
My Discord server is dead, I've been defamed on NS, my father is sick (and my mother is blaming me for it), and I've failed the exams.
And now everyone on NS has a scheme against me.
Those that wanted to see me fall, are you happy now? (You know who you are)

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1160
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39193
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Serrus wrote:

What mod is that?

Cold War.

Tis on steam

wait no wrong screenshot, im not sure what one that is
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea

I dont like politics in video games. My favourite game is Witcher III
-oppressed gamer
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31429
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:48 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I'd love to see a game set in Renaissance Italy. Any game. Don't matter the context. Give me that sweet sweet backstabbery.


Never heard of Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I see.

They don't really let you be a mover and shaker in the sort of politics I am talking about. Like I want to play as an aristocrat scheming to get my family and self more wealth and power in the dynamic byzantine politics of Renaissance Italy.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Serrus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1160
Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Serrus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:50 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Serrus wrote:What mod is that?

Cold War.

Tis on steam

wait no wrong screenshot, im not sure what one that is

I was like "you seem to have misread a digit there, mate."
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40663
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:56 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Serrus wrote:What mod is that?

Cold War.

Tis on steam

wait no wrong screenshot, im not sure what one that is


Warlord Era, tis a small mod that lets you play during 1920's China which is a time period I very much like.

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51114
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Victoria 2, being Germany is OP.

1. The UK will ally Prussia from day 1. Acquiring this alliance and keeping it is a good idea.

2. You can burn off 5 infamy while forming the north german federation by releasing Danzig before taking the decision which will re-annex it. 10 Infamy if you took Schweislig directly instead of releasing them (though this runs the risk of being unprofitable, as it might cost 11 infamy to seize.). You can use this to annex Tunisia and take a risk on annexing Algeria too for a foothold in north africa and the Mediterranean for a discount.

3. You can occupy Austria, destroy their armies, siege them down, and then add the wargoal "Add to sphere" when they lose great power status, which means forming Germany will annex all of austria-hungary too.

4. You can burn off the whole 25 infamy while forming Germany by releasing german minors before taking the decision to form Germany which will re-annex them.

5. By the time you annex Austria you can have full guardsmen armies by recruiting North and South German guards for your infantry, and use the Slavs and Hungarians to form your Hussar cavalry support, the Italians for artillery, and the Danes for engineers. (Any combo will work, point is to maximize Guardsmen, who can only be primary culture or accepted culture.). Using the minorities for specific things means if they rebel they're out of luck and can be easily destroyed. (A full engineer army will get wrecked, same for full artillery or full cavalry.).

EDIT:
I guess that's it. Time to sit back and colonize Africa, beat up the Dutch every couple of years to snag Indonesia, and wait for a Crisis to happen. Maybe i'll conquer a bit of China too, but otherwise, it's done.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do you remember the 2012 election where Mitt Romney said Russia was the biggest threat to world peace and Obama and the Democratic establishment mocked him, mere years before they began arguing they had allowed US sovereignty to be usurped on their watch by Russia and this is why the other side was unfit to govern?
That's alright, neither do they apparently.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Do you ever have one of those games where it just feels like the AI is trying to kill you because it just wants to watch you suffer?

I started a game as Venice earlier and tried to bring my noble house to glory, yet the first province I built my first trade post in ends up getting hit with both pagan invaders and later by two diseases at once before I've even gotten 2 years in; which cut my income down substantially as a result. Then both diseases hit Venice, so I have to shut myself to survive and causing my Diplomacy to suffer for it. While this happens, the Emir of Cyrenaica thinks he's funny to decide and raid Venice and because I could only muster a measly 500-600 men against his 1300-1400 and with no affordable mercenaries to hire I couldn't do anything about it. Once he finally pisses off, the diseases leave only for yet another disease to show up a few months later and almost killing my character because he got sick since I couldn't close the gates so soon since I had just re-opened them. Then the God damn Sheikh of Bumfucknowhere, Algeria decides he's funny too and decides to raid me just as I was recovering from the last joker. Once again, I could do nothing as he outnumbered me substantially. Once he's done being a dick, I finally have some breathing room only to have my character die of stress and losing the republic in the process - right as I was only a hair away from ensuring my best son would be elected the next Doge.

Honestly when you have to endure that kind of AI abuse the only real option is to just ragequit.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51114
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:22 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:Do you ever have one of those games where it just feels like the AI is trying to kill you because it just wants to watch you suffer?

I started a game as Venice earlier and tried to bring my noble house to glory, yet the first province I built my first trade post in ends up getting hit with both pagan invaders and later by two diseases at once before I've even gotten 2 years in; which cut my income down substantially as a result. Then both diseases hit Venice, so I have to shut myself to survive and causing my Diplomacy to suffer for it. While this happens, the Emir of Cyrenaica thinks he's funny to decide and raid Venice and because I could only muster a measly 500-600 men against his 1300-1400 and with no affordable mercenaries to hire I couldn't do anything about it. Once he finally pisses off, the diseases leave only for yet another disease to show up a few months later and almost killing my character because he got sick since I couldn't close the gates so soon since I had just re-opened them. Then the God damn Sheikh of Bumfucknowhere, Algeria decides he's funny too and decides to raid me just as I was recovering from the last joker. Once again, I could do nothing as he outnumbered me substantially. Once he's done being a dick, I finally have some breathing room only to have my character die of stress and losing the republic in the process - right as I was only a hair away from ensuring my best son would be elected the next Doge.

Honestly when you have to endure that kind of AI abuse the only real option is to just ragequit.


It's realistic and it's also coded into the mechanics. The weaker you are, the more the AI will consider targeting you because you're easy pickings. Getting a bad roll early game can lead to a cascading effect just as much as a good roll can.
Do you remember the 2012 election where Mitt Romney said Russia was the biggest threat to world peace and Obama and the Democratic establishment mocked him, mere years before they began arguing they had allowed US sovereignty to be usurped on their watch by Russia and this is why the other side was unfit to govern?
That's alright, neither do they apparently.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:Do you ever have one of those games where it just feels like the AI is trying to kill you because it just wants to watch you suffer?

I started a game as Venice earlier and tried to bring my noble house to glory, yet the first province I built my first trade post in ends up getting hit with both pagan invaders and later by two diseases at once before I've even gotten 2 years in; which cut my income down substantially as a result. Then both diseases hit Venice, so I have to shut myself to survive and causing my Diplomacy to suffer for it. While this happens, the Emir of Cyrenaica thinks he's funny to decide and raid Venice and because I could only muster a measly 500-600 men against his 1300-1400 and with no affordable mercenaries to hire I couldn't do anything about it. Once he finally pisses off, the diseases leave only for yet another disease to show up a few months later and almost killing my character because he got sick since I couldn't close the gates so soon since I had just re-opened them. Then the God damn Sheikh of Bumfucknowhere, Algeria decides he's funny too and decides to raid me just as I was recovering from the last joker. Once again, I could do nothing as he outnumbered me substantially. Once he's done being a dick, I finally have some breathing room only to have my character die of stress and losing the republic in the process - right as I was only a hair away from ensuring my best son would be elected the next Doge.

Honestly when you have to endure that kind of AI abuse the only real option is to just ragequit.


It's realistic and it's also coded into the mechanics. The weaker you are, the more the AI will consider targeting you because you're easy pickings. Getting a bad roll early game can lead to a cascading effect just as much as a good roll can.


Scumbag AI.

To be honest, I don't normally have this problem when I play weaker states. Usually my games start off slow and boring. Though this would explain why weak states always seem riddled with some sort of national dilemma; I always wondered why their luck was so poor. Turns out the AI is the school bully.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21023
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:53 pm

So ends another "hey let's form Rome" game. This technically isn't the final map but that and the culture/religion maps are so awful I spare you all the heart attack. Rather annoyed that I lost the Empire at the last second due to my character suddenly contracting syphilis and having failed treatment, but hey, at least I managed to get my cousin on the throne and the German Monothelite branch of my dynasty also controls Scandinavia.

Did I mention how awful the religious/cultural maps looked?
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

How not to debate: put snarky things implicitly calling out other posters in your sig

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21023
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:58 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Once, I saw an African adventurer take control of Bavaria. He became the head of the Rain Warriors. He is doing rather well for himself!


That's even worse, tbh. How exactly do heathens, pagans, and heretics manage to take control of a realm of a hostile religion which also happens to be completely surrounded by said hostile religion without being holy war'd into oblivion?

Bavaria isn't exactly a strong kingdom.


The default strength of revolts is too low, imo. Upping it solves a lot of issues and makes the game far more interesting, playing with it up is one of the few times I get to see the AI kick the Umayyads out of Europe without my interference.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

How not to debate: put snarky things implicitly calling out other posters in your sig

User avatar
Bralia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29220
Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Purpelia wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:
Never heard of Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I see.

They don't really let you be a mover and shaker in the sort of politics I am talking about. Like I want to play as an aristocrat scheming to get my family and self more wealth and power in the dynamic byzantine politics of Renaissance Italy.

Taking on the Borgia Pope and his allies isn't enough for you?
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.
Wife and queen to King Huskar the Mannis. May his reign be long and great.
Entranced and enchanted by an embrace. In love with locked lips. I cannot lie when I meet your eyes.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3207
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Bralia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:They don't really let you be a mover and shaker in the sort of politics I am talking about. Like I want to play as an aristocrat scheming to get my family and self more wealth and power in the dynamic byzantine politics of Renaissance Italy.

Taking on the Borgia Pope and his allies isn't enough for you?


I want first person Crusader Kings.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads