NATION

PASSWORD

SCP-5001: The SCP Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:20 am

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:The only potential problem with that is that the proposals aren't all alike, as some are about where the Foundation came from and others are just 'what's the baddest thing I can think of'

And then there is that one 001 entry that makes everyone immortal.

Which one was that one?

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
And then there is that one 001 entry that makes everyone immortal.

Which one was that one?

This one. Humans only though.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/spikebrennan-s-proposal
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Chan Island wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Which one was that one?

Ah, it looks to be newer, that explains why I haven't seen it

Planet hephestus
Attaché

Founded: Dec 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet hephestus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

Ah, it looks to be newer, that explains why I haven't seen it

that or the request was denied

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Chan Island wrote:093 is a great one, easily in my top 20. SCP Illustrated recently went through the whole series of logs for that one, and they are excellently done as usual.

SCP 1609 is such a good defence for the SCP approach that I really consider it a vital one for someone who wants to understand the mindset and universe. A similar thing with SCP 1730 (which, to be honest, if you're not listening to this while reading the last few entries, you're doing it wrong).

As for raw favourites.... SCP 516 can only make me smile. SCP 423 has the best description of James Joyce's Ulysses I've ever seen. SCP 3930 is simply spooky on a level difficult to point a finger on.

And 682 is such a troll I don't think we even need to elaborate on it :p .

Is there actually an SCP 'universe'? I've occasionally read a few over the years, but I was always under the impression that it was just a rough framework for people to write sort of themed short fiction, not actually a coherent setting.

Planet hephestus
Attaché

Founded: Dec 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet hephestus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Is there actually an SCP 'universe'? I've occasionally read a few over the years, but I was always under the impression that it was just a rough framework for people to write sort of themed short fiction, not actually a coherent setting.[/quote]
welll technically according to the multivers theory... yes, SOMEWHERE there could potentially an S.C.P, universe and infinite versions of it. But in our reality yes it is just a short story framework.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Planet hephestus wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Ah, it looks to be newer, that explains why I haven't seen it

that or the request was denied

I am unsure of what you're intended meaning is here, relevant to my previous statement.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction