NATION

PASSWORD

Audiophile Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Industrial West Virginia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Audiophile Discussion Thread

Postby Industrial West Virginia » Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm

How's it going everybody. Thought that I might get involved in A&F one day, and I guess today is the day. I don't think I've seen anything like this thread, so I'm going to go ahead and make it myself.

As the name suggests, this is a discussion thread for all of you audiophiles out there that love microphones, headsets, mixers, subwoofers, speakers, preamps, electric guitars and all of that stuffs.
This is also a thread for discussion voice acting, equipment for singing, and all of that stuff. If you're not sure what all goes here, then post it and pray that no one gets really mad at you for it.

Anyways, I'll start. I've recently been very interested in the voice over aspect of audio stuffs, and have tried multiple times over to get in to it yet have never done it really. I've recently asked for a tour at a local radio station, but that's still a work in progress. The equipment I have right now is no where near being able to go free-lance with it. Right now I have a neewer 48v phantom power brick with a Neewer NW-700 attached to it. A really cheap setup only costing around 25 dollars in total on sale. It sounds pretty good on discord and other apps, but there's no way that I'd ever be able to do any self employment freelancing with it.

My next steps are to get a preamp and an AT2020 XLR. With the AT2020, I'll probably start working on making my brothers room a little studio space for me and setting up, maybe trying a bit of freelance.

Anyone know if I should save up for something better than the AT2020 or just go for it? I eventually hope to start making some audio stuff for NS as a hobby, so if you need a reference point that's it.

AT2020: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-A ... B0006H92QK
NW-700 with scissor stand, pop filter, etc: https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Professio ... B00XOXRTX6
48v phantom power: https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-1-Channel ... 8DG4NNWAQW
My headset: https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Micro ... op?ie=UTF8
Last edited by Industrial West Virginia on Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The absolute madman.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon May 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I believe I am in on this because quite recently I have been tracking down my favourite tracks in the best quality possible (22,050 Hz or better), and this has led me to interesting results in my hunt for the original CDs. For example:

• The Vision Quest movie soundtrack from 1985 contains the only full-length release of Madonna’s Crazy for You on CD (Track 10): the Crazy for You single re-release from 1991 is a tad misleading in my opinion, for cutting out the original instrumental flourish thing as the song fades out.
  • The search for the high-quality instrumental behind a cover of Tenchi Muyo’s Kimi No Carrot Cake led me to a 6-CD set called Tenchi Muyo - Utau Dai Kessan!, released only in Japan on 26 March 1997. The versions of Kimi No Carrot Cake are as follows:
    • Disc 5, Track 5 — Original version, with animé voices;
    • Disc 5, Track 6 — Softer version, without animé voices;
    • Disc 5, Track 15 — Instrumental version of Track 5, without animé voices;
    • Disc 5, Track 16 — Instrumental version of Track 6, without animé voices
Last edited by Minoa on Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Elite leomonade
Secretary

Founded: May 31, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Pretty new Audiophile

Postby Elite leomonade » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:50 pm

Honestly didn't know that NS had its own small audiophile community, neat!

Return to Arts & Fiction