NATION

PASSWORD

Star vs the Forces of Evil Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite ship?

Starco (Star x Marco)
64%
StarTom (Star x Tom)
No votes
Kellco (Kelly x Marco)
No votes
Markapoo (Marco x Hekapoo
No votes
Marco's harem (Marco x everyone you want to ship him with)
29%
Jarco (Jackie x Marco)
7%
Tomco (Tom x Marco)
No votes
Manna (Marco x Janna)
No votes

Total votes : 14

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Mega Mexico wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I haven't voted yet actually...

Do it

Can't insert Star Wars memes

Did it.

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:10 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Mega Mexico wrote:
Do it

Can't insert Star Wars memes

Did it.

What a suprise

EDIT: so with who would Marco be with in this situation?
Last edited by Mega Mexico on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ALL RIGHT LISTEN UP YOU ONE-LIFESPAN, THREE DIMENSIONAL, FIVE SENSE SKIN PUPPETS! FOR ONE TRILLION YEARS I'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN MY OWN DECAYING DIMENSION, WAITING FOR A NEW UNIVERSE TO CALL MY OWN. THE NAME IS BILL, BUT YOU CAN CALL ME YOUR NEW LORD AND MASTER FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!
[_★_] Join the revolution!
Feel free to telegram me!

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

It's been a while since I've watched much TV, and even longer since I've watched shows like this. Maybe I'll take a look at this. I think I saw something about it a while ago, and it seems like it could cheer me up a bit when things get depressing.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:18 pm

S i t k a wrote:It's been a while since I've watched much TV, and even longer since I've watched shows like this. Maybe I'll take a look at this. I think I saw something about it a while ago, and it seems like it could cheer me up a bit when things get depressing.

So I first like to state that whole the show does have a silly & upbeat tone....

...It gets dark

I recommend it as it's of pretty good quality and, too my opinion based on the official ratings, underrated.
ALL RIGHT LISTEN UP YOU ONE-LIFESPAN, THREE DIMENSIONAL, FIVE SENSE SKIN PUPPETS! FOR ONE TRILLION YEARS I'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN MY OWN DECAYING DIMENSION, WAITING FOR A NEW UNIVERSE TO CALL MY OWN. THE NAME IS BILL, BUT YOU CAN CALL ME YOUR NEW LORD AND MASTER FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Mega Mexico wrote:
S i t k a wrote:It's been a while since I've watched much TV, and even longer since I've watched shows like this. Maybe I'll take a look at this. I think I saw something about it a while ago, and it seems like it could cheer me up a bit when things get depressing.

So I first like to state that whole the show does have a silly & upbeat tone....

...It gets dark

I recommend it as it's of pretty good quality and, too my opinion based on the official ratings, underrated.

Hopefully it doesn't get too dark. It looks like a cartoon. Oh great, I'm just asking for it, aren't I.

I don't know I I'll be able to watch it or not. Something tells me it would be pretty embarrassing if my family saw me watching a Disney cartoon in the living room.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Mega Mexico wrote:

...It gets dark

Hopefully it doesn't get too dark. It looks like a cartoon. Oh great, I'm just asking for it, aren't I.

I don't know I I'll be able to watch it or not. Something tells me it would be pretty embarrassing if my family saw me watching a Disney cartoon in the living room.

Well you don't have to watch it on TV. It depends on in which country you live. You reside in the U.S or any other nation with English as the dominant language?
Last edited by Mega Mexico on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Mega Mexico wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Hopefully it doesn't get too dark. It looks like a cartoon. Oh great, I'm just asking for it, aren't I.

Well you don't have to watch it on TV. It depends on in which country you live. You reside in the U.S or any other nation with English as the dominant language?

America, yeah. Is there some official way to watch it online?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Mega Mexico wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Did it.

What a suprise

EDIT: so with who would Marco be with in this situation?

Maybe star?

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:01 am

S i t k a wrote:America, yeah. Is there some official way to watch it online?

You could watch reruns on tv, I recommend you first know what episodes air when and the order of the episodes. Then you can watch it on services such as Hulu, Google Play, Amazon & the Disney XD Now app. But if you are unable to do any of these, you can look up the episode on kisscartoon.com and/or kimcartoon.com. The main problem with these last ones is that Disney doesn't have their hand in it so views there don't count in the ratings.

To go back to your point about it being embarrasing; modern cartoons, the good ones at least, have a unofficial standard in that not only they're target audience, kids, but also adults are supposed to enjoy it as well. Who knows, maybe one of your relatives wants to watch it with you once they get interested.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Maybe star?

I mean as in the harem, which people?

Star, Hekapoo, Jackie, Janna etc..

Asmundia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 am

Mega Mexico wrote:
S i t k a wrote:I mean as in the harem, which people?
Star, Hekapoo, Jackie, Janna etc..

Why not All of them? (Well, Apart from Heckapoo. There's something iffy about an immortal entity old as time going after a 15 years old boy)
This Nationstate is being phased out in order to form Frievolk in an appropriate Account. Sorry.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:15 am

Asmundia wrote:
Mega Mexico wrote:

Why not All of them? (Well, Apart from Heckapoo. There's something iffy about an immortal entity old as time going after a 15 years old boy)

Somehow massive age & lifespan gaps haven't stopped me in other fandoms (this one is starco all the way) :p

Westercrystal
Civilian

Founded: May 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Westercrystal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:18 am

Is Glosserick annoying on purpose? Because he's one real pain in the neck. :oops: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Asmundia wrote:

Somehow massive age & lifespan gaps haven't stopped me in other fandoms (this one is starco all the way) :p

Yeah, but this is almost a division by zero. Like, even ignoring Heckapoo, come on. Shipping him with Eclipsa? (At least she looks young) or Moon? or and-I-shit-You-not-I've-actually-seen-this-somewhere Mina?
Come fucking on.

(That said, no. Starco is like, the only ship in the entire series I do not, in any way, support. Never have, ever since season one. Some stuff should remain platonic)
This Nationstate is being phased out in order to form Frievolk in an appropriate Account. Sorry.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am

Westercrystal wrote:Is Glosserick annoying on purpose? Because he's one real pain in the neck. :oops: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Does he try to be annoying? Yes

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:27 am

Westercrystal wrote:Is Glosserick annoying on purpose? Because he's one real pain in the neck. :oops: :evil: :ugeek: :ugeek:

It's kinda his character, to be honest. At least, that's how I got it. The good old 'Annoying Hermit Mentor' archetype, taken to an extreme.

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:15 am

Of course he is! As Rombulus said it:"He may be a jerk, but he's the most powerfull, all-knowing magic jerk in the universe!" So it's basically; he's a god (or at least he used to be; now he's a dog/cat/baby hybrid) so he feels like he can behave in whichever way he pleases.

Asmundia wrote:(That said, no. Starco is like, the only ship in the entire series I do not, in any way, support. Never have, ever since season one. Some stuff should remain platonic)

We will prevail my comrade.

EDIT#2: Is it save to assume you're the one who voted for Jarco?

EDIT: I know now that The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp voted for the Marem. Who are the other two? Please don't be afraid to express yourself.

I will make it quick
Last edited by Mega Mexico on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

Mega Mexico wrote:

Of course he is! As Rombulus said it:"He may be a jerk, but he's the most powerfull, all-knowing magic jerk in the universe!" So it's basically; he's a god (or at least he used to be; now he's a dog/cat/baby hybrid) so he feels like he can behave in whichever way he pleases.

Asmundia wrote:(That said, no. Starco is like, the only ship in the entire series I do not, in any way, support. Never have, ever since season one. Some stuff should remain platonic)

EDIT: I know now that The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp voted for the Marem. Who are the other two? Please don't be afraid to express yourself.

I will make it quick

I think it's fairly obvious I am one of the other two. Tho, I admit that if It had to be monogamous, then Jarco ftw

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Asmundia wrote:
Mega Mexico wrote:

I will make it quick

I think it's fairly obvious I am one of the other two. Tho, I admit that if It had to be monogamous, then Jarco ftw

'If it had to be monogamous'
Things you only hear in shipping

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Asmundia wrote:I think it's fairly obvious I am one of the other two. Tho, I admit that if It had to be monogamous, then Jarco ftw

'If it had to be monogamous'

Some characters are just written like a Harem Anime Protagonist. Marco Diaz is... one of them.

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Asmundia wrote:I think it's fairly obvious I am one of the other two. Tho, I admit that if It had to be monogamous, then Jarco ftw

I'm actually suprised. Who would be in Marco's harem if you had to choose & why?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Asmundia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:'If it had to be monogamous'

Some characters are just written like a Harem Anime Protagonist. Marco Diaz is... one of them.

I wouldn't say written so much as the writers love teasing every ship involving Marco :p

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Asmundia wrote:

I wouldn't say written so much as the writers love teasing every ship involving Marco :p

I mean, that's how a good (well, a bearable) harem anime is supposed to be written. Remember Kirito in SAO?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Asmundia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I wouldn't say written so much as the writers love teasing every ship involving Marco :p

I mean, that's how a good (well, a bearable) harem anime is supposed to be written. Remember Kirito in SAO?

I watch very few TV shows, and most of them are Disney cartoons or documentaries

Mega Mexico
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mega Mexico » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:50 pm

NEW EPISODES!

Ponyhead dealt with her issues.
That's literally the entire episode.

Oh...my....Stars lel

Meteora v Moon/Eclipsa showdown.

We learned what Heinous her diet is made out of plus...she's a big girl.

What happend to Moon?! Is she blind on eye? What is their in the Realm of Magic that can save her? Is Eclipsa gonna help her daughter or not?

Two 22 minute long episodes to finish the season:

Divide & Conquer

Asmundia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asmundia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 am

Oh me oh My. The Finale is going to be epic as fuck.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction