NATION

PASSWORD

Assassins Creed: The Thread!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Favourite Main Series AC Game

Assassins Creed (2007)
8%
Assassins Creed II (2009)
18%
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (2010)
5%
Assassins Creed: Revelations (2011)
8%
Assassins Creed III (2012)
10%
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)
15%
Assassins Creed Rogue (2014)
8%
Assassins Creed Unity (2014)
5%
Assassins Creed Syndicate (2015)
5%
Assassins Creed Origins (2017)
18%

Total votes : 39

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Assassins Creed: The Thread!

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

Assassins Creed: The Thread
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

I couldnt find a thread for this, so I made one. To discuss the obvious.

Whats your favourite AC Character, Character, and the worst game 'n Character?

Personally, my favourite is Assassin's Creed Origins (I have only played this and Freedom Cry so I cant give a proper decision), though some bits were repetitive.
Last edited by Pharoahs Haven on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 am

Apparently Assassins Creed: Rogue is being remastered in February/March. Unfortunately, I can't practise the old controls because Assassins Creed: Freedom Cry keeps freezing :(

Nimzonia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nimzonia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Assassins Creed was always hit and miss for me. I hated the stupid Abstergo/Desmond crap that bogged down the early games. If they had just gone for purely historical storytelling, the series would have been a million times better, but they had to go for retarded fantasy nonsense to engage the immature neckbeards that make up the majority of the gamer audience. AC2 was an improvement over AC1, but after that the series is a bit of a yawn fest, except for Black Flag.

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 am

The modern day in Origins was shit. It'd be better if it weren't there

The Forsaken King
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsaken King » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Bayek's outfit in Assassins Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones makes him look like a black ezio
Last edited by The Forsaken King on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 pm

This thread died pretty quickly. I wonder if me posting here is a threadjack or not. In case it's not, Black Flag is my favorite Assassin's Creed Game. Well, technically Rogue is, but Rogue is just too plain short, and I wish they'd fleshed the story out a bit more (Though, I guess we had like, two main and two spin-off games about the Kenway Era, so I suppose that's kinda enough fleshing out) Seriously, While AC:R is awesome for its superior naval combat gameplay, I prefer Black Flag's overall central American theme to Rogue. Apart from those two, I suppose Brotherhood is awesome, Syndicate is pretty cool... and I haven't played Origins so I can't give an opinion on it.
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:This thread died pretty quickly. I wonder if me posting here is a threadjack or not. In case it's not, Black Flag is my favorite Assassin's Creed Game. Well, technically Rogue is, but Rogue is just too plain short, and I wish they'd fleshed the story out a bit more (Though, I guess we had like, two main and two spin-off games about the Kenway Era, so I suppose that's kinda enough fleshing out) Seriously, While AC:R is awesome for its superior naval combat gameplay, I prefer Black Flag's overall central American theme to Rogue. Apart from those two, I suppose Brotherhood is awesome, Syndicate is pretty cool... and I haven't played Origins so I can't give an opinion on it.

I’m excited to play the Rogue remaster.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:10 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:This thread died pretty quickly. I wonder if me posting here is a threadjack or not. In case it's not, Black Flag is my favorite Assassin's Creed Game. Well, technically Rogue is, but Rogue is just too plain short, and I wish they'd fleshed the story out a bit more (Though, I guess we had like, two main and two spin-off games about the Kenway Era, so I suppose that's kinda enough fleshing out) Seriously, While AC:R is awesome for its superior naval combat gameplay, I prefer Black Flag's overall central American theme to Rogue. Apart from those two, I suppose Brotherhood is awesome, Syndicate is pretty cool... and I haven't played Origins so I can't give an opinion on it.

I’m excited to play the Rogue remaster.

Honestly? Same. I don't really know what future there is for the franchise, but the Kenway Era was imo the best era in the game, even better than Ezio's storyline (because of the, you know, better storytelling and more challenging plots. I.E Assassins growing so bold they forget what the creed even is)
Led by The Triumvirate.
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I’m excited to play the Rogue remaster.

Honestly? Same. I don't really know what future there is for the franchise, but the Kenway Era was imo the best era in the game, even better than Ezio's storyline (because of the, you know, better storytelling and more challenging plots. I.E Assassins growing so bold they forget what the creed even is)

Oh yeah. AC III to Rogue was the golden age, though III had its flaws.

Brotherhood is overrated, but I like Revelations more than most people.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:15 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:Honestly? Same. I don't really know what future there is for the franchise, but the Kenway Era was imo the best era in the game, even better than Ezio's storyline (because of the, you know, better storytelling and more challenging plots. I.E Assassins growing so bold they forget what the creed even is)

Oh yeah. AC III to Rogue was the golden age, though III had its flaws.

Brotherhood is overrated, but I like Revelations more than most people.

Oh, all of them had flaws. But it's a Ubisoft Game, it's bound to have some, both in the game and in its plot (and let's not even go into the historical inaccuracies i.e Charles Lee dying in a pub) but it had some of the best stuff we saw. I kinda hoped the Post American Era (Victorian England+Revolutionary France) could be as good, but (even though I like it), with Unity's failure and Syndicate being more busy turning the Brotherhood into a Batman-esque gadget-oriented gang, I don't think that's going to happen, no matter what the next game is.

And yea. Revelations was p cool.
Led by The Triumvirate.

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:34 pm

AC: SAME THING REPEATED !
AC II: Timeskip abuse + robotic fighting
AC Brotherhood: Too short
AC Revelations: Meh
AC III: Connor
AC IV: No Assassins
AC Rogue: Too short
AC Unity: Glitchy af
AC Syndicate: Gimmicky
AC Origins: Aya

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Pharoahs Haven wrote:AC: SAME THING REPEATED !
AC II: Timeskip abuse + robotic fighting
AC Brotherhood: Too short
AC Revelations: Meh
AC III: Connor
AC IV: No Assassins
AC Rogue: Too short
AC Unity: Glitchy af
AC Syndicate: Gimmicky
AC Origins: Aya

What’s wrong with Connor?

I mostly agree with this, though I thought IV’s plot was refreshing. It was also kind of cool seeing Ezio grow over such a long time period. Also Aya is only slightly more annoying than Bayek.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am

I just realized something. It was my second playthrough of Rogue. After I managed to get over the whole "Assassins are idiots who will just end up causing another earthquake like Lisbon if not stopped" thing, I realized that the whole concept of Rogue isn't actually anything new. Assassins are not shown as any worse light as they are in any other game. The whole "causing chaos" thing is not really unique to rogue. Neither is shady allies, terrible planning skills, and self-contradictions in their ideology. How did I not realize this any earlier?
Led by The Triumvirate.

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:I just realized something. It was my second playthrough of Rogue. After I managed to get over the whole "Assassins are idiots who will just end up causing another earthquake like Lisbon if not stopped" thing, I realized that the whole concept of Rogue isn't actually anything new. Assassins are not shown as any worse light as they are in any other game. The whole "causing chaos" thing is not really unique to rogue. Neither is shady allies, terrible planning skills, and self-contradictions in their ideology. How did I not realize this any earlier?

I think the Assassins in Rogue act out of character. In every AC but this they care about people.

I think the Colonial Brotherhood is just shit.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Pharoahs Haven wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:I just realized something. It was my second playthrough of Rogue. After I managed to get over the whole "Assassins are idiots who will just end up causing another earthquake like Lisbon if not stopped" thing, I realized that the whole concept of Rogue isn't actually anything new. Assassins are not shown as any worse light as they are in any other game. The whole "causing chaos" thing is not really unique to rogue. Neither is shady allies, terrible planning skills, and self-contradictions in their ideology. How did I not realize this any earlier?

I think the Assassins in Rogue act out of character. In every AC but this they care about people.

I think the Colonial Brotherhood is just shit.

No, that's exactly my point. That's not true.
If you think about it, it's not just the Colonial Brotherhood. Achilles isn't the only one who sides with criminals, trains them into running a city into ground, and disregards casualties for the sake of his goal. These traits were all shown by both Altair (well, apart from the criminals thing), Ezio, the Frye twins, and I don't even need to explain Edward Kenway.
Assassin's creed Rogue just caricaturized it. Instead of Al-Mualim using the Apple to fuck up everyone in the Levent, we get Achilles Davenport who's entire story can be summarized in
'Hoe don't do it'
*does it*

Like, nothing is actually new there. I'm not really a fan of Templars (my personal ideology falls closest to the 'Nothing is true, Everything is permitted' mistranslation) but you can't say the Assassin's did any better in Rome, London, or Paris.
Led by The Triumvirate.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

I have been playing AC:Odyssey, aka Assassins Creed: wtf is an assassin?.

The NPC's constantly saying Malakas reminds me of the Egyptians and Bayek always saying Nek.

Bloody long game tho..
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm

I recently played AC Syndicate again (Sadly my PC can't handle Origins or Odyssey so I have to amuse myself with the oldies -I never thought I'd call Syndicate an oldie) and like, man, Syndicate is a really fresh breath of air.
In every other game, there's drama and dramatics everywhere. You had Altair and his mission of self-rediscovery and redemption, you had Ezio's saga of dramatic events, Connor's mission of liberty and stoic justice, Edward changing his lifestyle from a pirate into that of a civilized psychopathic murderer, Shay and his luck, and Arno who really wanted to bone that girl (there was also a very poor story-telling of the most important revolution in human history too I guess) and then there is Syndicate:
Murderous occultist who can kill you in 16 ways without a spoon and his anarchist twin brother. No dramatic backstories, no "I must avenge my father", just "Templars. I kill Templars." and you're good to go.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Alorgaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Alorgaze » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:12 am

I wouldn't say I'm very surprised that as of now I'm the only one that voted for AC3.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Alorgaze wrote:I wouldn't say I'm very surprised that as of now I'm the only one that voted for AC3.

I played the remastered version that came with the season pass, and my opinion is different now. I like it, but I feel like the main character is misjudged by the audience. I feel they were trying to do something different, but went overboard and made people not so keen.
The Midnight Order guy

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Alorgaze wrote:I wouldn't say I'm very surprised that as of now I'm the only one that voted for AC3.

I played the remastered version that came with the season pass, and my opinion is different now. I like it, but I feel like the main character is misjudged by the audience. I feel they were trying to do something different, but went overboard and made people not so keen.

There's also the fact that Connor came right after Ezio, who produced an incredibly large shadow that he has to attempt to escape from.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Connor was a great protagonist imo.

His relationship with Achilles and the conflicts between them also became retroactively more meaningful thanks to Rogue, which furthers the quality of the writing in a greater sense.

I feel like AC3 in general is unfairly judged anymore.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 pm

I just had a go at Origins as Odyssey got a bit boring (episodic dlc taking ages to release), and goddamn I forgot how much I loved that menu music
The Midnight Order guy

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue May 21, 2019 1:03 pm

I always thought this series wasn't for me, until I borrowed Black Flag last summer and played it to hell and back. Then borrowed Origins and finished that as well. I still have to get started on Odyssey, but honestly I play this 40% as a murder simulator and 60% to walk through ancient cities and landscapes and finding everything I can in there.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Pharoahs Haven
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharoahs Haven » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Story Creator for Odyssey is out.

You can make your own quests now

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction