NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Bralia wrote:
Fedel wrote:I hate clickbait Star Wars videos like that: How DARTH MAUL BRUTALLY KILLED a YUUZHAN VONG Warrior

. . . it's true, dude. It's not clickbait at all.

I'm aware. I've read the book where the fight occurred ( Maul: Lockdown in case you didn't know ). I'm referring to the annoying capitalized font advertising a single event in the novel that they try to extend into a 10 minute video for ad revenue.
Last edited by Fedel on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:19 am

I started reading X-Wing: Wraith Squadron. Pretty good so far.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Honkworld
Secretary

Founded: Jul 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Honkworld » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:10 am

Many complain about the prequels. At least they didn't have SJW propaganda that they have in the modern Disney™ Star Wars movies. Rey is instantly able to door cool things with the force just because she's a woman, while Luke had to train for the entire second movie just to be able to barely defeat the emperor in the third movie.

And don't get me started on the fake "diversity". More black people and women isn't diverse. They just want less white men in the movie.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 am

Honkworld wrote:Many complain about the prequels. At least they didn't have SJW propaganda that they have in the modern Disney™ Star Wars movies. Rey is instantly able to door cool things with the force just because she's a woman, while Luke had to train for the entire second movie just to be able to barely defeat the emperor in the third movie.

And don't get me started on the fake "diversity". More black people and women isn't diverse. They just want less white men in the movie.

Diversity is natural.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Honkworld wrote:Many complain about the prequels. At least they didn't have SJW propaganda that they have in the modern Disney™ Star Wars movies. Rey is instantly able to door cool things with the force just because she's a woman, while Luke had to train for the entire second movie just to be able to barely defeat the emperor in the third movie.

Smells like Summer Cringe
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:30 pm

As long as people like you exist, so-called "forced" diversity must remain. It's fewer whites btw, not less. If this drives you away, I'd like to see fewer white men in SW movies.

Disney movies are the most successful SW products, especially the sequels. People like them. They are the only movies I've paid for and I'm going to watch ep. 9 as soon as it comes out. What they bring is here to stay.
Last edited by -Ocelot- on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 pm

The Fel Empire was the best government for the galaxy and did absolutely nothing wrong.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:37 pm

-Ocelot- wrote:

As long as people like you exist, so-called "forced" diversity must remain.

Eh.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:The Fel Empire was the best government for the galaxy and did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Black Sun?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:(Because we desperately need a topic change)

Why didn't those Stormtroopers shoot Anakin during Order 66?

He showed them his 'Lord of the Sith Frequent Murderer' card, and asked them to help him fill it.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:(Because we desperately need a topic change)

Why didn't those Stormtroopers shoot Anakin during Order 66?

He showed them his 'Lord of the Sith Frequent Murderer' card, and asked them to help him fill it.

Possibly ordered by palps not to regard anakin as a jedi, or if he planned this shit out from day 1 they were programmed not to attack them.
Anarchist

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 am

Get over yourself.

-Ocelot- wrote:

As long as people like you exist, so-called "forced" diversity must remain. It's fewer whites btw, not less.

Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:05 am

Honkworld wrote:Many complain about the prequels.(1) At least they didn't have SJW propaganda that they have in the modern Disney™ Star Wars movies(2). Rey is instantly able to door cool things with the force just because she's a woman(3), while Luke had to train for the entire second movie just to be able to barely defeat the emperor in the third movie (4).

And don't get me started on the fake "diversity". More black people and women isn't diverse(5). They just want less white men in the movie.(6)

1. Many complain about Star Wars fans. And rightly so.
2. Touching on touchy topics that are equally as likely to exist in a galaxy far, far away as in our world is not SJW propaganda. It's not Star Wars' fault that you don't like those topics.
3. Would you care to provide a source that Rey's gender had anything to do with her natural abilities/quick learning?
4. Are you comparing Rey's prison trickery with Luke facing a Sith Lord? Because frankly, one of those seems like it would require a lot more training than the other.
5. "diverse: dəˈvərs, dīˈvərs/ adjective; showing a great deal of variety." More variety in gender and race is actually very nearly the definition of diversity. Try again please.
6. Well see, logically, when you add diversity to a group/cast, that means there will be less of the group that was formerly dominant. But seeing as you still have Poe, Han, Luke, Kylo, and Hux just to name a few, it's not as if they're not represented.

Look, I'm no ST apologist. I don't like these movies much, frankly. But if you're going to critique them, please give it a little more effort. Your points nearly refute themselves.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:09 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Honkworld wrote:Many complain about the prequels.(1) At least they didn't have SJW propaganda that they have in the modern Disney™ Star Wars movies(2). Rey is instantly able to door cool things with the force just because she's a woman(3), while Luke had to train for the entire second movie just to be able to barely defeat the emperor in the third movie (4).

And don't get me started on the fake "diversity". More black people and women isn't diverse(5). They just want less white men in the movie.(6)

1. Many complain about Star Wars fans. And rightly so.
2. Touching on touchy topics that are equally as likely to exist in a galaxy far, far away as in our world is not SJW propaganda. It's not Star Wars' fault that you don't like those topics.
3. Would you care to provide a source that Rey's gender had anything to do with her natural abilities/quick learning?
4. Are you comparing Rey's prison trickery with Luke facing a Sith Lord? Because frankly, one of those seems like it would require a lot more training than the other.
5. "diverse: dəˈvərs, dīˈvərs/ adjective; showing a great deal of variety." More variety in gender and race is actually very nearly the definition of diversity. Try again please.
6. Well see, logically, when you add diversity to a group/cast, that means there will be less of the group that was formerly dominant. But seeing as you still have Poe, Han, Luke, Kylo, and Hux just to name a few, it's not as if they're not represented.

Look, I'm no ST apologist. I don't like these movies much, frankly. But if you're going to critique them, please give it a little more effort. Your points nearly refute themselves.

Speaking of Hux, man, does he need to regain his former glory, tlj destroyed him, he has so much potential....
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact
Call of Duty: Warzone

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:12 am

DeltaSource wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:1. Many complain about Star Wars fans. And rightly so.

Speaking of Hux, man, does he need to regain his former glory, tlj destroyed him, he has so much potential....

One of the things i disliked about the movie. He was fine in TFA but turned into comic relief in TLJ.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:25 am

Did he really have any characterisation in TFA beyond "Space Hitler"?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 am

Vassenor wrote:Did he really have any characterisation in TFA beyond "Space Hitler"?

Yeah, Hux was never what I'd call a deep character.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 am

Vassenor wrote:Did he really have any characterisation in TFA beyond "Space Hitler"?

Better than Mr "gets choked like a bitch" that he was in TLJ.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:20 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

I mean, that's what a good majority of imperial officers are for. Vader sure liked choking them out.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 am

That's kind of what happens when you end up playing straight man for an angsty manbaby and a fuckwit in a bathrobe.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Better than Mr "gets choked like a bitch" that he was in TLJ.

I mean, that's what a good majority of imperial officers are for. Vader sure liked choking them out.

Man had a fetish for sure

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:37 am

Hux to me is simply part of a larger problem in the First Order. The problem being is that the First Order does not feel like a threat. I mean it has been pretty incompetent military wise but that is also true for the empire. The difference is the Empire had figures like Vader who were intimidating and felt like threats.

The First Order has people like Kylo Ren who feels like a whiny brat and who has gotten his ass kicked by Rey and Rey also had to save him during the fight with Snoke´s guard. And with Hux becoming little more than comic relief and Snoke being dead the figures in the First Order don´t feel intimidating or feel like an actual threat.

So I do hope Hux becomes more like his TFA self or Kylo becomes more competent since the First Order is severely lacking in intimidating villains right now.

Ameriganastan wrote:I mean, that's what a good majority of imperial officers are for. Vader sure liked choking them out.

Man had a fetish for sure

I mean have you seen how much Black he wears? Dude defiantly had some fetishes going on. Probably had some wild ass sex. :p
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:40 am

The FO should have been set up more to be Zealots, which is to me what they were kind of doing with Hux in TFA. He was not this heavily experienced commander or official, but a zealot who was dedicated to his cause. They should have went further with that in TLJ imo, just really show them to be fanatical zealots that dont really have the experience or veteran officers the empire did. Even if the empire also did stupid shit on screen too.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 am

Some may think this a meme but I'm still just waiting for JJ to reveal Jar Jar Binks a The Dark Lord of the Sith in the new movie. That Darth Sidious laugh at the end of the recent trailer? Just Jar Jar continuing his red herring operation till the very end.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction