NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 am

He absorbs a fine Dorito paste through his pores.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 am

Alderitos: Simply exploding with flavor!

too soon?

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:03 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Alderitos: Simply exploding with flavor!

too soon?

Maybe. Still funny.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Alderitos: Simply exploding with flavor!

too soon?

:clap:
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:51 pm

All this backlash against the Darth Vader comic is amusing. I mean it's a comic about a Dark Lord of the Sith, of course you're going to get killed by him if you enter his chambers and see what's under the helmet. I mean, I didn't hear anyone complaining when Vader snapped a stormtrooper's neck when the trooper saw his face.
Last edited by Dylar on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Dylar wrote:All this backlash against the Darth Vader comic is amusing. I mean it's a comic about a Dark Lord of the Sith, of course you're going to get killed by him if you enter his chambers and see what's under the helmet. I mean, I didn't hear anyone complaining when Vader snapped a stormtrooper's neck when the trooper saw his face.

That stormtrooper ( probably ) wasn't a proud strong independent woman! Are you trying to suggest that men deserve to be treated the same way as women when they've been given advantage after advantage for hundreds of years under the patriarchy? Disgusting misogynist.
Last edited by Fedel on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Fedel wrote:
Dylar wrote:All this backlash against the Darth Vader comic is amusing. I mean it's a comic about a Dark Lord of the Sith, of course you're going to get killed by him if you enter his chambers and see what's under the helmet. I mean, I didn't hear anyone complaining when Vader snapped a stormtrooper's neck when the trooper saw his face.

That stormtrooper ( probably ) wasn't a proud strong independent woman! Are you trying to suggest that men deserve to be treated the same way as women when they've been given advantage after advantage for hundreds of years under the patriarchy? Disgusting misogynist.

I can't tell if your joking or not....
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Frachen wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Im about 70/30 that he is joking
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 pm

Frachen wrote:
Fedel wrote:

That tells me things are more dire then i first thought...

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:09 am

Why does the First Order have a terrible aesthetic?
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:15 am

Northern Davincia wrote:Why does the First Order have a terrible aesthetic?

I like it personally. Looks like something the empire would have been rolling around with if it continued to exist.

Also i think they have the best storm trooper armour next to the clones.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:20 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

I like it personally. Looks like something the empire would have been rolling around with if it continued to exist.

It's not that bad but I really, really dislike their Star Destroyers. The Dreadnought is the worst offender.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:24 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:I like it personally. Looks like something the empire would have been rolling around with if it continued to exist.

It's not that bad but I really, really dislike their Star Destroyers. The Dreadnought is the worst offender.

I think the dreadnought could have been designed a bit better, but i like their star destroyers a lot, what do you dislike about them?

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 am

Northern Davincia wrote:It's not that bad but I really, really dislike their Star Destroyers. The Dreadnought is the worst offender.

I think the dreadnought could have been designed a bit better, but i like their star destroyers a lot, what do you dislike about them?

Too flat and weirdly ineffective against fighters.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:30 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:I think the dreadnought could have been designed a bit better, but i like their star destroyers a lot, what do you dislike about them?

Too flat and weirdly ineffective against fighters.

Thats like... everything the empire used tho :lol:

Would you like their design more if it was a bit bulkier in the mid sections and a bit raised up?

The only real design change i would make would be to make their bridge section a bit bigger.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 am

Northern Davincia wrote:Too flat and weirdly ineffective against fighters.

Thats like... everything the empire used tho :lol:

Would you like their design more if it was a bit bulkier in the mid sections and a bit raised up?

The only real design change i would make would be to make their bridge section a bit bigger.

Really? I feel like making the bridge bigger is just asking for someone to ram a fighter into it.

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 am

Ism wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Thats like... everything the empire used tho :lol:

Really? I feel like making the bridge bigger is just asking for someone to ram a fighter into it.

Ram that A-Wing right into it!
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 am

What happened?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 am

Honestly the FO just seems like they took "well the Empire did this so we need to do it too" way past it's logical conclusion and off to the point of absurdity.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 am

Vassenor wrote:Honestly the FO just seems like they took "well the Empire did this so we need to do it too" way past it's logical conclusion and off to the point of absurdity.

Very true, though I think it’s more “The Empire did this, so we need to do it too, but bigger!”. It’s like their cosplaying but they couldn’t get the look quite right.

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 am

Wasn’t this the same darth Vader who choked out his pregnant wife, tried murdering his best friend, murdered kids, his colleagues, betrayed everything he ever stood for under the guise of saving said choked out wife, instigated a authoritarian galactic empire, slaughtered THOUSANDS over the course of his career, blew up his daughters homeworld, had his daughter tortured, tried killing his son several times over the course of 6 or so years?

And people are complaining because he killed some lowly woman?

Did I mention that he had his half brother and his wife burned alive?
Last edited by Loben on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 am

Ism wrote:
Vassenor wrote:Honestly the FO just seems like they took "well the Empire did this so we need to do it too" way past it's logical conclusion and off to the point of absurdity.

Very true, though I think it’s more “The Empire did this, so we need to do it too, but bigger!”. It’s like their cosplaying but they couldn’t get the look quite right.

I'll try not to take that personally. :p
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 am

Loben wrote:And people are complaining because he killed some lowly woman?

Careful. Platypus might report you.
Last edited by Fedel on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:26 am

I dunno, from and out-of-universe perspective I have to give the film-makers props on the aesthetic for throwing out any pretence of subtly in them being space fascists/nazis
Makes for easy bad guy identification

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:27 am

Lord Dominator wrote:

I dunno, from and out-of-universe perspective I have to give the film-makers props on the aesthetic for throwing out any pretence of subtly in them being space fascists/nazis
Makes for easy bad guy identification

Because it was any less subtle that the Empire were Space Nazis too?

Mostly because Lucas cribbed huge chunks of the cinematography for EP4 from Riefenstahl.
Last edited by Vassenor on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction