NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 am

So the season starts off with Mando... Doing his best Revan impersonation? I mean I'm sure more than one person has killed a krayt dragon, but this episode was extremely reminiscent of the battle you play through in KOTOR. Which isn't a terrible thing necessarily, it just feels like I've seen this before haha. Also is he a bounty hunter or a regular old hunter? Because he sure picks a lot of fights with animals.

Mando did continue to prove his badassery with that fight in the very beginning, despite what some people in this thread might say. The poor Child ought to be traumatized many times over by now, maybe even just by the events of this episode. He was definitely just along for the ride in this one.

Cobb Vanth seems pretty cool, despite being named after a salad. I like how they brought Boba's armor back into things. But now I'm left wondering. Did Boba die in the sarlacc in new canon? Because he definitely survived in the old. I can't be bothered to keep up with the new canon versus the old. Better things to do with my time.

Overall, despite my nitpicks, it's a solid start to the season. Would recommend to a friend.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:07 am

Idzequitch wrote:
So the season starts off with Mando... Doing his best Revan impersonation? I mean I'm sure more than one person has killed a krayt dragon, but this episode was extremely reminiscent of the battle you play through in KOTOR. Which isn't a terrible thing necessarily, it just feels like I've seen this before haha. Also is he a bounty hunter or a regular old hunter? Because he sure picks a lot of fights with animals.

Mando did continue to prove his badassery with that fight in the very beginning, despite what some people in this thread might say. The poor Child ought to be traumatized many times over by now, maybe even just by the events of this episode. He was definitely just along for the ride in this one.

Cobb Vanth seems pretty cool, despite being named after a salad. I like how they brought Boba's armor back into things. But now I'm left wondering. Did Boba die in the sarlacc in new canon? Because he definitely survived in the old. I can't be bothered to keep up with the new canon versus the old. Better things to do with my time.

Overall, despite my nitpicks, it's a solid start to the season. Would recommend to a friend.

Rewatch the last part of the episode. I believe that guy was Boba.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 am

Andsed wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:

Hmm. Possible. This is the part where I admit that I watched at 3am and could very well have let stuff fly right over my head.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Andsed wrote:

Hmm. Possible. This is the part where I admit that I watched at 3am and could very well have let stuff fly right over my head.

I mean its Temuera Morrison himself so its a clone of Jango, which means the dude could either be Rex, a clone we have not seen yet, or Boba. I think Boba is the most likely choice seeing as if it was a clone solider they would have likely looked a lot older thanks to that advanced aging.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 am

Andsed wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:

I mean its Temuera Morrison himself so its a clone of Jango, which means the dude could either be Rex, a clone we have not seen yet, or Boba. I think Boba is the most likely choice seeing as if it was a clone solider they would have likely looked a lot older thanks to that advanced aging.

I didn't look that close haha. Just saw some menacing guy and accepted it as that haha. I also haven't been keeping up much with Mando news, so I don't have that behind the scenes info. I prefer to be as surprised as possible by whatever happens. Just my own personal preference.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:03 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Andsed wrote:

I didn't look that close haha. Just saw some menacing guy and accepted it as that haha. I also haven't been keeping up much with Mando news, so I don't have that behind the scenes info. I prefer to be as surprised as possible by whatever happens. Just my own personal preference.

Fair enough. I also had to kinda double back when I realized who he might be.

Also in other Mando stuff, I like how the Tuskens were given some more screentime. We had already see Mando interact with them in previous episodes, but it was nice to get to see more of them as an actual people and not just violent ¨savages.¨ Also that fight against the krayt was fucking cool.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:27 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Mando did continue to prove his badassery with that fight in the very beginning, despite what some people in this thread might say..

You don't have to take a swipe at me when I don't say anything you know. It's kind of rude...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:50 am

That was an awesome episode. I didnt think it would be Bobba he was gona meet when he heard of a Mandalorian on Tatooine, i was expecting someone else to be wearing the armour and it would be a mystery if Bobba was alive or not. And i was right, it was another fella instead, who i quite liked by the way, Vanth was a cool character and ive seen that actor somewhere before but i just cant remember his name.

I love how much development the sandpeople have gotten in this show, its really nice, especially having them work with the town to try and kill the Dragon. And i like its sandworm design and thought the battle with it at the cave was really well done for the most part, though honestly they should have went with the Bantha plan initially, but i guess they thought it might not work when it ignored the earlier bantha and killed the raider instead the first time they went to the cave.

I do agree, some nice KOTOR vibes with that whole story and i didnt mind it. Was nice to see Bobba show up though at the end, and im assuming the Mando will have a run in with him before he leaves Tatooine in the next episode. Really interested to see how that goes.

Also the Opening was really cool too though we saw like 95% of that fight in the trailers, but ah well.

Good start imo, just a solid all round episode.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:16 am

You know, much as I love Mandos, there is one thing that's always irked me.

Thing about being Mandalorian is you don't have to be human. You can be any species. Mandalorian is a culture, not a race. This was long established. And yet non-human Mandos are almost never seen. 99% of the time a Mandalorian is present, they're human. The only time I've personally encountered a non-human Mandalorian was in TOR. You get a named Mandalorian companion (Akaavi Spar, a Zabrak) for the Smuggler class, and that's about it. There are a few nameless Trandoshan and Twi'lek Mandos on Corellia but otherwise, yeah, that's about it.

I really wish they'd show off more non-human Mandos. Clone Wars didn't have any, and it seems Disney is also content to continue making the Mandos a human-only group. I just want to see more alien Mandos; maybe even a whole clan of them. That'd be real neat.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:You know, much as I love Mandos, there is one thing that's always irked me.

Thing about being Mandalorian is you don't have to be human. You can be any species. Mandalorian is a culture, not a race. This was long established. And yet non-human Mandos are almost never seen. 99% of the time a Mandalorian is present, they're human. The only time I've personally encountered a non-human Mandalorian was in TOR. You get a named Mandalorian companion (Akaavi Spar, a Zabrak) for the Smuggler class, and that's about it. There are a few nameless Trandoshan and Twi'lek Mandos on Corellia but otherwise, yeah, that's about it.

I really wish they'd show off more non-human Mandos. Clone Wars didn't have any, and it seems Disney is also content to continue making the Mandos a human-only group. I just want to see more alien Mandos; maybe even a whole clan of them. That'd be real neat.

For all we know there's near-human foundlings in there too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:You know, much as I love Mandos, there is one thing that's always irked me.

:
^This. That would be really cool to see.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:33 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
That was an awesome episode. I didnt think it would be Bobba he was gona meet when he heard of a Mandalorian on Tatooine, i was expecting someone else to be wearing the armour and it would be a mystery if Bobba was alive or not. And i was right, it was another fella instead, who i quite liked by the way, Vanth was a cool character and ive seen that actor somewhere before but i just cant remember his name.

I love how much development the sandpeople have gotten in this show, its really nice, especially having them work with the town to try and kill the Dragon. And i like its sandworm design and thought the battle with it at the cave was really well done for the most part, though honestly they should have went with the Bantha plan initially, but i guess they thought it might not work when it ignored the earlier bantha and killed the raider instead the first time they went to the cave.

I do agree, some nice KOTOR vibes with that whole story and i didnt mind it. Was nice to see Bobba show up though at the end, and im assuming the Mando will have a run in with him before he leaves Tatooine in the next episode. Really interested to see how that goes.

Also the Opening was really cool too though we saw like 95% of that fight in the trailers, but ah well.

Yeah I love that the Tuskens are being given more depth then just mindless raiders. I especially like that little detail where Vanth offended some Tuskens by not drinking their water since that links back to the Tuskens holding water sacred(which is one of the reasons their so aggressive along with feeling threatened by settlers intruding on their land.) Its just nice to see them not be totally written off as savages who have to be slaughtered like animals.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:07 am

Andsed wrote:

Yeah I love that the Tuskens are being given more depth then just mindless raiders. I especially like that little detail where Vanth offended some Tuskens by not drinking their water since that links back to the Tuskens holding water sacred(which is one of the reasons their so aggressive along with feeling threatened by settlers intruding on their land.) Its just nice to see them not be totally written off as savages who have to be slaughtered like animals.

"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:50 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:
Mando did continue to prove his badassery with that fight in the very beginning, despite what some people in this thread might say..

You don't have to take a swipe at me when I don't say anything you know. It's kind of rude...

You're right. That was unnecessary and I apologize.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 am

Andsed wrote:

I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:31 pm

You probably recognize him as the soldier in the Transformer trilogy
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Andsed wrote:

Speaking of, I was amused that the Marshall's landspeeder was one of Anakin's racing pods. In case that wasn't brought up.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:11 am

Godular wrote:

Speaking of, I was amused that the Marshall's landspeeder was one of Anakin's racing pods. In case that wasn't brought up.

Yeah i knew it looked familiar

Tarsonis wrote:

Ohhhh

edit: wait no that is a different actor it seems.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:42 am

Godular wrote:

Yeah i knew it looked familiar

Tarsonis wrote:
Ohhhh

Ever watched the Hitman movie?
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:46 am

You guys are talking about Timothy Olyphant. AKA, Raylan Givens from Justified.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:55 am

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:04 am

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yeah i knew it looked familiar

Ohhhh

Yes. Now i remember him.

Ameriganastan wrote:You guys are talking about Timothy Olyphant. AKA, Raylan Givens from Justified.
Ah yes, I never watched that show fully but i remember seeing a few episodes years back.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:05 am

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:07 am

Sweet.

There's some more small details I need to print but I don't want to do that until it's warm enough to start painting in case I lose them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:50 am

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yeah i knew it looked familiar

Ohhhh

Oh is it Oly? I always get him and Duhamel mixed up.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction