NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 am

So on Voss there are these ruins full of Sith and outside them there's a Sith talking to a Jedi. The Jedi is looking for the ruins the Jedi are in and the Sith is, naturally, convinced the Jedi was in fact spying on the Sith ruins.

Here’s the thing, though: the Jedi has a female model but a male voice.

There are several conclusions to be drawn here.

1. BioWare put a male Jedi there first but replaced it later and forgot to change the voice.

2. BioWare put a female Jedi there first but replaced the voice and forgot to change the model.

3. The Jedi are accepting of Transfolk.

4. The Force was in a pranking mood when the Jedi was born.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:58 am

I honestly feel bad because I'm wanting to do a Star Wars Imperial RP, set in the wake of the Battle of Endor, somewhere at the edges of the Mid Rim when everything goes to shit. Similar to Inferno Squad, but more akin to how everything should have gone. Start with players building an app, then being told what they'll become as per the Emperor's indomitable will, doing a few training missions to build up some veteran members and then finally being deployed.

Players would take on the role of Sergeants and Officers of the 12th Special Forces Group Revenant Team. They have a set level of orders and troops issued by command, and are given a task/job to do per mission. The usual Imperial SF stuff, find and eliminate New Republic Commanders and forces pushing into Remnant territory, wage shadow wars with various crime syndicates and resurgent CIS holdouts emboldened by the death of the Emperor. Keep it really within the scope of the universe, but keep it reigned in by using the omnipotence of Imperial High Command and all the lovely equipment they let their Stormtroopers use on mission.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:11 am

Kassaran wrote:I honestly feel bad because I'm wanting to do a Star Wars Imperial RP, set in the wake of the Battle of Endor, somewhere at the edges of the Mid Rim when everything goes to shit. Similar to Inferno Squad, but more akin to how everything should have gone. Start with players building an app, then being told what they'll become as per the Emperor's indomitable will, doing a few training missions to build up some veteran members and then finally being deployed.

Players would take on the role of Sergeants and Officers of the 12th Special Forces Group Revenant Team. They have a set level of orders and troops issued by command, and are given a task/job to do per mission. The usual Imperial SF stuff, find and eliminate New Republic Commanders and forces pushing into Remnant territory, wage shadow wars with various crime syndicates and resurgent CIS holdouts emboldened by the death of the Emperor. Keep it really within the scope of the universe, but keep it reigned in by using the omnipotence of Imperial High Command and all the lovely equipment they let their Stormtroopers use on mission.

Why do you feel bad? Would love to take part in something like that. :>
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:16 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:So on Voss there are these ruins full of Sith and outside them there's a Sith talking to a Jedi. The Jedi is looking for the ruins the Jedi are in and the Sith is, naturally, convinced the Jedi was in fact spying on the Sith ruins.

Here’s the thing, though: the Jedi has a female model but a male voice.

There are several conclusions to be drawn here.

1. BioWare put a male Jedi there first but replaced it later and forgot to change the voice.

2. BioWare put a female Jedi there first but replaced the voice and forgot to change the model.

3. The Jedi are accepting of Transfolk.

4. The Force was in a pranking mood when the Jedi was born.

I kinda like option 3 tbh.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:21 am

Fedel wrote:
Kassaran wrote:I honestly feel bad because I'm wanting to do a Star Wars Imperial RP, set in the wake of the Battle of Endor, somewhere at the edges of the Mid Rim when everything goes to shit. Similar to Inferno Squad, but more akin to how everything should have gone. Start with players building an app, then being told what they'll become as per the Emperor's indomitable will, doing a few training missions to build up some veteran members and then finally being deployed.

Why do you feel bad? Would love to take part in something like that. :>

Because I'm tapped out on RP's I can be OP'ing. 1.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:24 am

When this thread hits say page 495-96 ill make another thread if yous want
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 am

I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Star Wars: The Last Word

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 am

Star Wars. One of the longest running and vastest scifi universes in existence. Nothing can be said about this franchise that hasn't been said a thousand times over but we say it anyways because we're Star Wars fans. Whatever you're looking for, from intergalactic politics to magical space wizards, Star Wars has it all. We Star Wars fans many not always agree, heck, we don't agree MOST of the time. But what we can agree on is that the world would be just a little bit less without this franchise. That's what makes a Star Wars fan.

Hope you guys enjoy the thread, as in previous threads, I'll take any submissions for poll ideas, but for now I thought I'd kick things off with looking to the future and asking which of the upcoming Star Wars projects you're most excited for. For myself, it has to be the continuation of the Thrawn sage that has been adapted by Zahn into the new canon. It's an incredibly detailed and well written series that helps flesh out the universe, something that has been sorely needed since the retcon. Another great candidate is the Obi Wan series, especially if they focus on the prequel era, but due to a lack of details on the project, I have to go with the product I know will likely turn out great.

Poll 1: Which upcoming Star Wars project are you most excited for?

Winner:

Poll 2:
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:When this thread hits say page 495-96 ill make another thread if yous want

Heh. I'd been planning on making one as well. I wasn't sure when we were allowed to do so so I've been waiting till we hit page 500 but since you brought it up...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=493365
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Um, I never said the prequels were shit?

Huh. Must've been thinking of someone else.

Sorry, my bad.

It probably wasn't me but I do happen to think that.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am

Fedel wrote:

Star Wars. One of the longest running and vastest scifi universes in existence. Nothing can be said about this franchise that hasn't been said a thousand times over but we say it anyways because we're Star Wars fans. Whatever you're looking for, from intergalactic politics to magical space wizards, Star Wars has it all. We Star Wars fans many not always agree, heck, we don't agree MOST of the time. But what we can agree on is that the world would just be a little less without this franchise. That's what makes a Star Wars fan.

Hope you guys enjoy the thread, as in previous threads, I'll take any submissions for poll ideas, but for now I thought I'd kick things off with looking to the future and asking which of the upcoming Star Wars projects you're most excited for. For myself, it has to be the continuation of the Thrawn sage that has been adapted by Zahn into the new canon. It's an incredibly detailed and well written series that helps flesh out the universe, something that has been sorely needed since the retcon. Another great candidate is the Obi Wan series, especially if they focus on the prequel era, but due to a lack of details on the project, I have to go with the product I know will likely turn out great.

Winner:

Poll 2:

Sorry, but there's an existing Star Wars thread.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Star Wars. One of the longest running and vastest scifi universes in existence. Nothing can be said about this franchise that hasn't been said a thousand times over but we say it anyways because we're Star Wars fans. Whatever you're looking for, from intergalactic politics to magical space wizards, Star Wars has it all. We Star Wars fans many not always agree, heck, we don't agree MOST of the time. But what we can agree on is that the world would just be a little less without this franchise. That's what makes a Star Wars fan.

Winner:

Poll 2:

Sorry, but there's an existing Star Wars thread.

When exactly are we allowed to make a new thread? Threads end at page 500, do they not? Huskar seemed to suggest that it is appropriate to create a new thread prior to hitting the final page and from my own memory of other threads, that seems to be accurate. Would really appreciate some clarification.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:40 am

Real piece of work you know that.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 am

Fedel wrote:(Image)

Real piece of work you know that.

...I'm a piece of work for getting a thread merged?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Well i mean its a bit too early to start another thread, which is why i said i would make one about 95-96, or if people want ill make it closer to the 500 limit, say 499. If im on that is by the time we hit there.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well i mean its a bit too early to start another thread, which is why i said i would make one about 95-96, or if people want ill make it closer to the 500 limit, say 499. If im on that is by the time we hit there.

Is there somewhere that states at what point a new thread can be made? I've been on the site a while and I'm not aware of there being any set point.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Fedel wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well i mean its a bit too early to start another thread, which is why i said i would make one about 95-96, or if people want ill make it closer to the 500 limit, say 499. If im on that is by the time we hit there.

Is there somewhere that states at what point a new thread can be made? I've been on the site a while and I'm not aware of there being any set point.

There isnt but ive seen people make threads after about 495ish at times, others just wait till 500. I guess it just comes down to the people involved in the thread. In the past ive usually liked to have another thread ready to go just before 500.

It doesnt really matter honestly like, its a trivial thing. If im not on and its near 500 someone else can just throw one up if they want.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Fedel wrote:

There isnt but ive seen people make threads after about 495ish at times, others just wait till 500. I guess it just comes down to the people involved in the thread. In the past ive usually liked to have another thread ready to go just before 500.

It doesnt really matter honestly like, its a trivial thing. If im not on and its near 500 someone else can just throw one up if they want.

If it doesn't matter you would think they wouldn't have merged the threads. Interesting choice on their part. This site is full of utterly fascinating decisions. Absolutely full of it.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 pm

I've noticed that there's a distinct lack of Chiss males with beards in TOR. I have seen one, maybe two guys with designer stubble but no proper facial hair. Now I'm wondering if they can even have facial hair longer than stubble. I only play chicks in games when I get the ability so I have no idea the beard possibilities for male Chiss and don't remember if I've ever seen a player male Chiss with a beard or mustache.

These are the questions that keep me up at night.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

My F7 Policy

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:07 pm

I'd see it mainly in relation to typical post speed - unless something comes up, we probably won't need another thread for another week or two (at least), simply because the thread won't be full until then.

That said, that image you had there is rather... large :blink:

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:18 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:I've noticed that there's a distinct lack of Chiss males with beards in TOR. I have seen one, maybe two guys with designer stubble but no proper facial hair. Now I'm wondering if they can even have facial hair longer than stubble. I only play chicks in games when I get the ability so I have no idea the beard possibilities for male Chiss and don't remember if I've ever seen a player male Chiss with a beard or mustache.

Its because Chiss women are hot and no other chiss are required.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I'd see it mainly in relation to typical post speed - unless something comes up, we probably won't need another thread for another week or two (at least), simply because the thread won't be full until then.

That said, that image you had there is rather... large :blink:

So it's arbitrary. Like most of everything else on this site. Gotcha.

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:56 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've noticed that there's a distinct lack of Chiss males with beards in TOR. I have seen one, maybe two guys with designer stubble but no proper facial hair. Now I'm wondering if they can even have facial hair longer than stubble. I only play chicks in games when I get the ability so I have no idea the beard possibilities for male Chiss and don't remember if I've ever seen a player male Chiss with a beard or mustache.

Its because Chiss women are hot and no other chiss are required.

...Well, yes, obviously Chiss women are hot. That goes without saying. If an alien woman is blue she is automatically hot by default. This is Sci-Fi 101. It's practically a crime to have a blue alien chick that isn't hot. HBAC (Hot Blue Alien Chick) is the law of the universe. If we should ever encounter aliens and their females are blue they are hot. Period. No debate; no dissenting opinions.

This is precisely why human women are sometimes not hot: they aren't blue, and so by default have no natural inclination toward hotness and so therefor have an even chance of being hot or not hot. This is just pure science and any xenologist worth their degree will tell you the same. God Himself states that if an alien chick is blue, she is also hot.

"And hear me now, for I come with splendor to teach you truth. Know that my word is truth and that I am truth. Know that if an alien chick is blue, she is also hot. Know that this is truth and trust in my word." - Jesus Christ
Impaled Nazarene wrote:

My F7 Policy

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:27 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:
...Well, yes, obviously Chiss women are hot. That goes without saying. If an alien woman is blue she is automatically hot by default. This is Sci-Fi 101. It's practically a crime to have a blue alien chick that isn't hot. HBAC (Hot Blue Alien Chick) is the law of the universe. If we should ever encounter aliens and their females are blue they are hot. Period. No debate; no dissenting opinions.

This is precisely why human women are sometimes not hot: they aren't blue, and so by default have no natural inclination toward hotness and so therefor have an even chance of being hot or not hot. This is just pure science and any xenologist worth their degree will tell you the same. God Himself states that if an alien chick is blue, she is also hot.

"And hear me now, for I come with splendor to teach you truth. Know that my word is truth and that I am truth. Know that if an alien chick is blue, she is also hot. Know that this is truth and trust in my word." - Jesus Christ

Even that one from The Fifth Element? Cause I always found her weird looking.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Bralia
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 pm

I have declared that it will be HUSKAR who creates the next thread. Fedel, consider yourself lucky I can't execute you on the spot.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction