NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:22 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Dylar wrote:I remember in the RC novels, a group of Jedi under Djinn Altis created their own Jedi sect that didn't follow the Jedi Council. And one of the biggest differences between the sect and the rest of the Order was that they encouraged their students to form attachments, get married, have kids, etc.

Cool

The first Galactic Republic wrote:In the old EU there were two old light and dark side conflicts before the one that lead to the Sith. There was a schism over the future the Jedi should take when they were still on Tython, and there was another when they were spacefaring where the darksiders became the Legions of Lettow.

Ever since the Sith were founded, every dark Jedi seems to find their way to that Order or create their own version. Jedi leave the order for different reasons though, so every major schism is its own light side dark side conflict in a way, even if it always leads to Sith.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking more though between competing lightside groups over small differences in ideology.

Interesting premise.

Yeah can I get uhh... Jedi disagreement with no galactic genocide?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:24 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Cool

Thanks for the info. I was thinking more though between competing lightside groups over small differences in ideology.

Interesting premise.

Sorry sir we dont have those in stock.

We do have a special offer though of a Jedi Civil War Lite edition™ with only 20 Billion dead and a brief Sith Resurgency.

Buy yours today and we will also throw in a free Economic Core World Collapse™!
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:45 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Interesting premise.

Sorry sir we dont have those in stock.

We do have a special offer though of a Jedi Civil War Lite edition™ with only 20 Billion dead and a brief Sith Resurgency.

Does it come with Revan?

... Revan machine broke

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Okay hot take here: I think Force Unleashed not being cannon is a good thing. I loved the games but Starkiller was way to fucking OP.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Andsed wrote:Okay hot take here: I think Force Unleashed not being cannon is a good thing. I loved the games but Starkiller was way to fucking OP.

Yeah i agree honestly.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Sorry sir we dont have those in stock.

Does it come with Revan?

... Revan machine broke
Fresh out of Revan
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Andsed wrote:Okay hot take here: I think Force Unleashed not being cannon is a good thing. I loved the games but Starkiller was way to fucking OP.

I sort of agree. I'm also glad it's not canon, but because I thought he was a gigantic pussy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Disney should canonize me as a Jedi, tbh.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I sort of agree. I'm also glad it's not canon, but because I thought he was a gigantic pussy.

*slaughters both Imperials and Rebels in a TIE Fighter factory*
"He's a gigantic pussy"
???
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Dylar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I sort of agree. I'm also glad it's not canon, but because I thought he was a gigantic pussy.

*slaughters both Imperials and Rebels in a TIE Fighter factory*
"He's a gigantic pussy"
???

And whined like a teenager the entire time. The guy was such a damn crybaby. Trailers made him look so badass, but then you play the game and find out he's a little emo bitch boy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Dylar wrote:*slaughters both Imperials and Rebels in a TIE Fighter factory*
"He's a gigantic pussy"
???

And whined like a teenager the entire time. The guy was such a damn crybaby. Trailers made him look so badass, but then you play the game and find out he's a little emo bitch boy.

I don't know what heavily modded game you played, but I clearly remember Starkiller not being a crybaby. Actually, he was more emotionless than anything.
Last edited by Dylar on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Force Unleashed was a cool guy. Eh grabbed inappropriately and doesn’t afraid of anything.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Dylar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:And whined like a teenager the entire time. The guy was such a damn crybaby. Trailers made him look so badass, but then you play the game and find out he's a little emo bitch boy.

I don't know what heavily modded game you played, but I clearly remember Starkiller not being a crybaby. Actually, he was more emotionless than anything.

And I remember him being an emo assclown.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Dylar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:And whined like a teenager the entire time. The guy was such a damn crybaby. Trailers made him look so badass, but then you play the game and find out he's a little emo bitch boy.

Basically, if they're not like Darth Maul in TPM then they're emotional pussies by Ameri's standards.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:And I remember him being an emo assclown.

Care to name a moment where you found him to be unreasonably emotional? I would say he was repressed if anything.

Also, you're aware Starkiller WAS a teenager during TFU... Right?
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Fedel wrote:

Care to name a moment where you found him to be unreasonably emotional? I would say he was repressed if anything.

Wait he was? I thought he was like in his twenties.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Andsed wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Wait he was? I thought he was like in his twenties.

IIRC he was 17 in the novel.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Fedel wrote:

I mean I can't recall much specific about it. I only beat it once, and it was like 12 years ago. But I do remember finding him annoying and whiny. So ergo he must have been such.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Fedel wrote:
Andsed wrote:Wait he was? I thought he was like in his twenties.

So a 17 year old beat Vader and went toe to toe with Palpatine? Well that makes me quite firmly believe that TFU being non cannon is a good thing.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Andsed wrote:
Fedel wrote:

So a 17 year old beat Vader and went toe to toe with Palpatine? Well that makes me quite firmly believe that TFU being non cannon is a good thing.

He beat Vader twice.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Andsed wrote:
Fedel wrote:

To be fair, he was a prodigy on the level of Luke ( within the old EU of course ):

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Andsed wrote:
Fedel wrote:

Don't forget him also beating several experienced Jedi masters and pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky.

And yet people think Rey is the Mary-Sue...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:So a 17 year old beat Vader and went toe to toe with Palpatine? Well that makes me quite firmly believe that TFU being non cannon is a good thing.

Don't forget him also beating several experienced Jedi masters and pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky.

Rey doing complex things with the Force we've never seen from any other Force user in canon is the part most people are confused by, not her simply having a great deal of raw power.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Fedel wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Don't forget him also beating several experienced Jedi masters and pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky.

Rey doing complex things with the Force we've never seen from any Force user is the part people are confused by, not her simply having a great deal of raw power.

Or the fact that she was able to use pretty complex force techniques with no prior training while Starkiller was raised since the age of 5 by Vader to be a Jedi Killer.
Last edited by New haven america on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Fedel wrote:
Andsed wrote:So a 17 year old beat Vader and went toe to toe with Palpatine? Well that makes me quite firmly believe that TFU being non cannon is a good thing.

To be fair, he was a prodigy on the level of Luke ( within the old EU ).

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.

Fair enough I guess. It still really hampers the idea of Vader being an unstoppable monster in my mind though. I much prefer his appearance in Fallen Order than TFU.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 pm

New haven america wrote:
Fedel wrote:
Rey doing complex things with the Force we've never seen from any Force user is the part people are confused by, not her simply having a great deal of raw power.

Or the fact that she was able to use pretty complex force techniques with no prior training while Starkiller was raised since the age of 5 by Vader to be a Jedi Killer.

^

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction