NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

Pythaga
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pythaga » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I think any hopes of a live action movie focused on Clones has come and gone. Unless they do that de-aging thing to Morrison.

I'm not sure that I would've really enjoyed a live action clone movie. Or maybe it's just that the CGI clones in ROTS never sat well with me.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:29 pm

I mean it's not like we already have 1 tv show with the clones as main characters and are getting another in a little bit.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:05 pm

They could simply retcon the appearance of the clones. I mean the whole point of half of SW:CW was that they were all individuals and what's beneath their appearance that matters more anyway.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That sounds awesome. I will look it up at some point.
That would be awesome to see. A live action tv series would be even better because it would allow for more character developmentDelta Squad blowing things up.

Delta Squad? Nah, as fun as that would be, we need a live action adaptation of the books in the big screen. It’s time for Omega Squad to shine. And Delta can come in later.

I still need to read the books. I gotta order myself copies sometime.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:22 am

The Generation Tech guy has the corona. That's annoying.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:25 am

Ameriganastan wrote:The Generation Tech guy has the corona. That's annoying.

Hope he pulls through, ive seen some of his content a few years back, he is a decent enough youtuber.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm

Valrifell wrote:They could simply retcon the appearance of the clones. I mean the whole point of half of SW:CW was that they were all individuals and what's beneath their appearance that matters more anyway.

I mean, we literally have multiple instances of seeing the clone's physical features in both the shows and movies. Don't think that would be a good workaround tbh.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:54 pm

Fedel wrote:
Valrifell wrote:They could simply retcon the appearance of the clones. I mean the whole point of half of SW:CW was that they were all individuals and what's beneath their appearance that matters more anyway.

I mean, we literally have multiple instances of seeing the clone's physical features in both the shows and movies. Don't think that would be a good workaround tbh.

And at least one instance of them all looking different in one scene.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:19 am

Vassenor wrote:
Fedel wrote:

What scene was that?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:03 am

Fedel wrote:

Yes but clones aren't real and their characterization is what matters more. They can change the face of the clones as long is it's consistent and nobody questions it.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I think any hopes of a live action movie focused on Clones has come and gone. Unless they do that de-aging thing to Morrison.

Well, they could get a different actor, or even multiple different actors. The Clone Wars showed clones that all looked a little bit different, so a live action project could work off of that. And the Republic Commando books also mentioned how many of the clones grew to look dissimilar from eachother over time, just due to experiences (scars, tans, haircuts, occasional surgeries due to battle). A live action project could expand on that a little more by having each clone played by a different actor, just make sure they are all about the same height and very similar features.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:

Well, they could get a different actor, or even multiple different actors. The Clone Wars showed clones that all looked a little bit different, so a live action project could work off of that. And the Republic Commando books also mentioned how many of the clones grew to look dissimilar from eachother over time, just due to experiences (scars, tans, haircuts, occasional surgeries due to battle). A live action project could expand on that a little more by having each clone played by a different actor, just make sure they are all about the same height and very similar features.

Even in the Clone Wars, most clones really only differed in things like hairstyling, scars, and maybe tattoos.

Definitely too little difference to put change up the actors now.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:43 am

Jedi Council wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Well, they could get a different actor, or even multiple different actors. The Clone Wars showed clones that all looked a little bit different, so a live action project could work off of that. And the Republic Commando books also mentioned how many of the clones grew to look dissimilar from eachother over time, just due to experiences (scars, tans, haircuts, occasional surgeries due to battle). A live action project could expand on that a little more by having each clone played by a different actor, just make sure they are all about the same height and very similar features.

Even in the Clone Wars, most clones really only differed in things like hairstyling, scars, and maybe tattoos.

Definitely too little difference to put change up the actors now.

Well IIRC there was some old lore from the old abandoned universe how, after some event or the other (I forget it was in a video game) they started using different templates to spread out production or something. They could dig that up if they really wanted to.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

What scene was that?

The scene where Obi-Wan is briefing Cody and a few others in the hangar bay.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:33 am

Kathol Rift wrote:

They could also just have the clones keep their helmets on most of the time and use body language and different armor markings to differentiate them.

Also speaking of shows I really want one on the origins of the Jedi. We got some stuff in Legends I think but I really want to see a show or maybe even a trilogy exploring how the Jedi Order was founded.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Andsed wrote:
Kathol Rift wrote:Well, they could get a different actor, or even multiple different actors. The Clone Wars showed clones that all looked a little bit different, so a live action project could work off of that. And the Republic Commando books also mentioned how many of the clones grew to look dissimilar from eachother over time, just due to experiences (scars, tans, haircuts, occasional surgeries due to battle). A live action project could expand on that a little more by having each clone played by a different actor, just make sure they are all about the same height and very similar features.

They could also just have the clones keep their helmets on most of the time and use body language and different armor markings to differentiate them.

Also speaking of shows I really want one on the origins of the Jedi. We got some stuff in Legends I think but I really want to see a show or maybe even a trilogy exploring how the Jedi Order was founded.

That would be really interesting to see, going off the little I've seen on the wiki.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:10 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Andsed wrote:They could also just have the clones keep their helmets on most of the time and use body language and different armor markings to differentiate them.

That would be really interesting to see, going off the little I've seen on the wiki.

It would be nice to see the Jedi actually doing good and living up to their ideals, rather than the bloated, complacent and arrogant Order from the Prequels, not to even mention the nonsense about Luke's failed academy from the Sequels.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am

Andsed wrote:

I disagree, I think that keeping up that little bit of mysticism is key to the allure of the Order in its various incarnations. I don't want everything to be overexplained because that kind of takes some of the fun out of it, you know?

I'd be okay going arbitrarily far back, as long as we never get that concrete founding.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:41 am

Has the Jedi Order ever fragmented into different groups with their own aims and conflicting beliefs? Barring the original Jedi/Sith schism that is.

I always thought something like that would be interesting to cover in a series or movie
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:03 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Has the Jedi Order ever fragmented into different groups with their own aims and conflicting beliefs? Barring the original Jedi/Sith schism that is.

I always thought something like that would be interesting to cover in a series or movie

In the old EU there were two old light and dark side conflicts before the one that lead to the Sith. There was a schism over the future the Jedi should take when they were still on Tython, and there was another when they were spacefaring where the darksiders became the Legions of Lettow.

Ever since the Sith were founded, every dark Jedi seems to find their way to that Order or create their own version. Jedi leave the order for different reasons though, so every major schism is its own light side dark side conflict in a way, even if it always leads to Sith.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Has the Jedi Order ever fragmented into different groups with their own aims and conflicting beliefs? Barring the original Jedi/Sith schism that is.

I remember in the RC novels, a group of Jedi under Djinn Altis created their own Jedi sect that didn't follow the Jedi Council. And one of the biggest differences between the sect and the rest of the Order was that they encouraged their students to form attachments, get married, have kids, etc.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Dylar wrote:

I remember in the RC novels, a group of Jedi under Djinn Altis created their own Jedi sect that didn't follow the Jedi Council. And one of the biggest differences between the sect and the rest of the Order was that they encouraged their students to form attachments, get married, have kids, etc.

Cool

The first Galactic Republic wrote:

In the old EU there were two old light and dark side conflicts before the one that lead to the Sith. There was a schism over the future the Jedi should take when they were still on Tython, and there was another when they were spacefaring where the darksiders became the Legions of Lettow.

Ever since the Sith were founded, every dark Jedi seems to find their way to that Order or create their own version. Jedi leave the order for different reasons though, so every major schism is its own light side dark side conflict in a way, even if it always leads to Sith.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking more though between competing lightside groups over small differences in ideology.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:59 pm

This: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ordu_Aspectu ?

I also didn't know the new Vader comic has begun
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:

This: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ordu_Aspectu ?

I also didn't know the new Vader comic has begun

Oh thats kind of cool, thanks.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm

I am not sure if I'm reading this right, but have they currently (almost?) explicitly made Coruscant origin of humanity instead of sort of ??? it used to be in old EU (IIRC)?
(which sounds lame to me, because gotta have things lost over millenia)
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction