NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Andsed wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Other series with plenty of similarities. Ace Combat might as well be anime Star wars space flying but with IRL planes and 40k is science fantasy same as Star wars.

How would it be impossible? Why would it be impossible? A lot of time has passed sense ROTJ and Palpatine is an expert space wizard.

I'll be honest, your reasons are just sounding more like "I just don't like the fleet".

Thats fine, you like what you like and you don't like what you don't like. But seems to just be name calling the fleet things.

Stop bringing up other series for fuck sake. If they constantly use the same trope in the same that is also bad writing. Stop trying to deflect.

Do you understand that you can't just build a fleet out of nothing? Especially not one as large as the final orders fleet with death star lasers. Palpatine at most only has maybes some tens of thousands of cultist on a very barren looking isolated planet. To produce a fleet as that size in 30 years would require far more resources than what Palpatine has. Unless he had a starforge up his ass the final order fleet would be impossible for Palpatine to have just fucking lying around. The fleet was just lazy writing on JJ's part. A desperate attempt at creating stakes but just so fucking over the top it cannot be taken seriously.

Why not? Is it not fair to compare Marvel to DC? And if they use the same trope a lot where was the criticism there from there fans? I get that different fans of different series like different things but your acting like fandom overlap isn't even a thing. It isn't crazy to compare Danganronpa to Ace Attorney despite there differences in tone.

Again, it clearly wasn't out of nothing and there all evil space wizards. You might be taking Star Wars too seriously. That's also fine like I said. You like what you like and I'm not saying my or your opinion is better then mine. Just saying, evil space wizards with thirty years while the First Order was taking the spotlight to build a bunch of stuff isn't out of the realm of possibility. The Empire and the First order built a second death star and the starkiller in a shorter amount of time.

But if you say so, thats still fine by me. You can have your own opinion on things.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Andsed wrote:Stop bringing up other series for fuck sake. If they constantly use the same trope in the same that is also bad writing. Stop trying to deflect.

Do you understand that you can't just build a fleet out of nothing? Especially not one as large as the final orders fleet with death star lasers. Palpatine at most only has maybes some tens of thousands of cultist on a very barren looking isolated planet. To produce a fleet as that size in 30 years would require far more resources than what Palpatine has. Unless he had a starforge up his ass the final order fleet would be impossible for Palpatine to have just fucking lying around. The fleet was just lazy writing on JJ's part. A desperate attempt at creating stakes but just so fucking over the top it cannot be taken seriously.

Why not? Is it not fair to compare Marvel to DC? And if they use the same trope a lot where was the criticism there from there fans? I get that different fans of different series like different things but your acting like fandom overlap isn't even a thing. It isn't crazy to compare Danganronpa to Ace Attorney despite there differences in tone.

Again, it clearly wasn't out of nothing and there all evil space wizards. You might be taking Star Wars too seriously. That's also fine like I said. You like what you like and I'm not saying my or your opinion is better then mine. Just saying, evil space wizards with thirty years while the First Order was taking the spotlight to build a bunch of stuff isn't out of the realm of possibility. The Empire and the First order built a second death star and the starkiller in a shorter amount of time.

But if you say so, thats still fine by me. You can have your own opinion on things.

What other franchises do is not relevant to me. The fleet is still bad writing.

And like hell it was not out of nothing. You need materials and facilities to actually build ships. Exegol does not have enough of either to build 10,000 goddamm death star star destroyers. Starkiller base was also pretty fucking dumb and the Empire had an entire galaxy of resources to draw upon. And don't even start with "their space wizards." That is not how the force works. It cannot be used to justify the final order being able to create their fleet out of nothing. It's creation is impossible and is lazy over the top writing. This is not some matter of opinion, this is simple lore based facts. You cannot just build such a large fleet out of nothing like that.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Andsed wrote:

What other franchises do is not relevant to me. The fleet is still bad writing.

And like hell it was not out of nothing. You need materials and facilities to actually build ships. Exegol does not have enough of either to build 10,000 goddamm death star star destroyers. Starkiller base was also pretty fucking dumb and the Empire had an entire galaxy of resources to draw upon. And don't even start with "their space wizards." That is not how the force works. It cannot be used to justify the final order being able to create their fleet out of nothing. It's creation is impossible and is lazy over the top writing. This is not some matter of opinion, this is simple lore based facts. You cannot just build such a large fleet out of nothing like that.

Fine but why treat Star Wars different then any other science fantasy? If say Danganronpa does a trope and people treat it as good or acceptable writing then Ace Attorney does that same trope in a very similar way but people say it's bad, I would still be confused.

It wasn't out of nothing. The hard part about Exegol is getting there not really leaving. So knowing the location having a lot of time what is stopping a bunch of space wizards (Because thats what it is. Space wizardry. Call a spade a spade.) building alot of ships in 30 years? They take materials while the first order and the resistance are busy doing other stuff.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Andsed wrote:What other franchises do is not relevant to me. The fleet is still bad writing.

Fine but why treat Star Wars different then any other science fantasy? If say Danganronpa does a trope and people treat it as good or acceptable writing then Ace Attorney does that same trope in a very similar way but people say it's bad, I would still be confused.

It wasn't out of nothing. The hard part about Exegol is getting there not really leaving. So knowing the location having a lot of time what is stopping a bunch of space wizards (Because thats what it is. Space wizardry. Call a spade a spade.) building alot of ships in 30 years? They take materials while the first order and the resistance are busy doing other stuff.

The movie makes it very clear you need a wayfinder to get to Exegol even if your a force user. There are only two. Do even understand what the logistics behind a 10,000 strong fleet is? The amount of material you would fucking need? There is no actual way that the final order could get it's hand on it. Both in that they would struggle to afford it and transport it. And that is not even addressing that just having material does not mean you have the ability to build the fleet. You need manpower and facilities which Exegol does not seem to have. It is simply impossible for the final order to be able to pull this off.(and no the force is not an excuse. It has limits.)

Just face it. There is no actual way the final order fleet could exist. It only existed because of bad lazy writing. The fleet was a dumb idea that should have been shot down a thousand times over.
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Andsed wrote:

The movie makes it very clear you need a wayfinder to get to Exegol even if your a force user. There are only two. Do even understand what the logistics behind a 10,000 strong fleet is? The amount of material you would fucking need? There is no actual way that the final order could get it's hand on it. Both in that they would struggle to afford it and transport it. And that is not even addressing that just having material does not mean you have the ability to build the fleet. You need manpower and facilities which Exegol does not seem to have. It is simply impossible for the final order to be able to pull this off.(and no the force is not an excuse. It has limits.)

Just face it. There is no actual way the final order fleet could exist. It only existed because of bad lazy writing. The fleet was a dumb idea that should have been shot down a thousand times over.

His cult was already on Exegol when Palpateen respawned. You only need the wayfinder to get there if you don't already know where it is. Like his cult does.

Why not? 30 years is a really long time. Who said they needed to buy it? There sith. They steal it. No one really notices beacuse either first order jack boot or there part of the resistance shiting there pants from the threat of a first order jack boot. 20,000~ sith cultists, over 30 years stealing and bulding a bunch of star destroyers with planet destroying guns? Honestly 30 years sounds about right for a bunch of people with space magic to do a job like that.

Like I said its fine for you to think its bad writeing and that it sucks thats your opinion. I just don't agree with it.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Andsed wrote:The movie makes it very clear you need a wayfinder to get to Exegol even if your a force user. There are only two. Do even understand what the logistics behind a 10,000 strong fleet is? The amount of material you would fucking need? There is no actual way that the final order could get it's hand on it. Both in that they would struggle to afford it and transport it. And that is not even addressing that just having material does not mean you have the ability to build the fleet. You need manpower and facilities which Exegol does not seem to have. It is simply impossible for the final order to be able to pull this off.(and no the force is not an excuse. It has limits.)

His cult was already on Exegol when Palpateen respawned. You only need the wayfinder to get there if you don't already know where it is. Like his cult does.

Why not? 30 years is a really long time. Who said they needed to buy it? There sith. They steal it. No one really notices beacuse either first order jack boot or there part of the resistance shiting there pants from the threat of a first order jack boot. 20,000~ sith cultists, over 30 years stealing and bulding a bunch of star destroyers with planet destroying guns? Honestly 30 years sounds about right for a bunch of people with space magic to do a job like that.

That is not how any of this works. Building massive ships is not something one can just fucking do. You need proper facilitates and man power to do so and it takes time. It took the Empire around 19 years to build the first death star and maybe around 4 to build the second. And that is with the entirety of the galaxy (trillions of people and thousands of planets worth of resources.) All the final order had was a few thousands cultist(who likely have no training in engineering) one planet which is basically impossible to reach and looks pretty damm barren with no real urban industrial centers. It would take them a long time to build 1 ship. Much less 10,000. It would take the Empire years if not decades to build such a fleet. The final order with their vastly limited resources doing it is out of the question.

And before you bring up the force again, the force is not all powerful. It is not an excuse for what happened here. Besides I am pretty sure most if not all of the cultists are not even force sensitive much less trained so that excuse is out of the window.
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:26 pm

One thing I'd like to ask is where did all the manpower come from to man all 10,000 Xyston Star Destroyers? Like each star destroyer needs roughly 30,000 crewmen and Exegol doesn't look like the type of planet to have 300 million people living on it. Further what's the point of burying 10,000 star destroyers underneath the surface of a planet that almost nobody in the galaxy knows about?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Palpatine created them.

He willed the Star Destroyers into existence and then cloned all the crew members.

Don't question it it makes perfect sense.
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Dylar wrote:One thing I'd like to ask is where did all the manpower come from to man all 10,000 Xyston Star Destroyers? Like each star destroyer needs roughly 30,000 crewmen and Exegol doesn't look like the type of planet to have 300 million people living on it. Further what's the point of burying 10,000 star destroyers underneath the surface of a planet that almost nobody in the galaxy knows about?

And how the hell were they being fed? Like Exegol does not exactly look like a place with a thriving agricultural sector.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Fedel wrote:
And those that didn't stopped watching it. Unfortunately, to be able to point out why it's terrible to people like you, I had to force myself through it.

And all you could come up with was "the lightsabers spin".

Sorry, what? I never made any such commentary, I think you may be thinking of Ameri. MY problems with it are Sidious trying to convince Ezra that he's an innocent old man when the episode before he attempted to murder him along with the space whale ex machina in the finale.

You people really have the same responses for everyone who disagrees with you, don't you? xD
Last edited by Fedel on Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Dylar wrote:One thing I'd like to ask is where did all the manpower come from to man all 10,000 Xyston Star Destroyers? Like each star destroyer needs roughly 30,000 crewmen and Exegol doesn't look like the type of planet to have 300 million people living on it. Further what's the point of burying 10,000 star destroyers underneath the surface of a planet that almost nobody in the galaxy knows about?

I'd thought that the first order crewed them after Kylo Ren told the rest of the first order about his deal with Palpatine.

Like thats what my mind assumed and thats why at other asshole who killed the spy earlyer in the movie was on that ship. That question never came to me beacuse thats what the movie was going for I assume.

Andsed wrote:

And how the hell were they being fed? Like Exegol does not exactly look like a place with a thriving agricultural sector.

First order had rations moved onto the ships as they borded to crew them.

Andsed wrote:

That is not how any of this works. Building massive ships is not something one can just fucking do. You need proper facilitates and man power to do so and it takes time. It took the Empire around 19 years to build the first death star and maybe around 4 to build the second. And that is with the entirety of the galaxy (trillions of people and thousands of planets worth of resources.) All the final order had was a few thousands cultist(who likely have no training in engineering) one planet which is basically impossible to reach and looks pretty damm barren with no real urban industrial centers. It would take them a long time to build 1 ship. Much less 10,000. It would take the Empire years if not decades to build such a fleet. The final order with their vastly limited resources doing it is out of the question.

And before you bring up the force again, the force is not all powerful. It is not an excuse for what happened here. Besides I am pretty sure most if not all of the cultists are not even force sensitive much less trained so that excuse is out of the window.

Another effect of time marching forward is that construction of almost anything and everything becomes alot more automated and fast. If the progression is 19 years to build the first deathstar then 4 years for the second then yeah tools and construction would advance rapidly. I mean we can look at IRL for an example here.
Building cars took more manpower and time back in 1990 then it does now. In 2050 it will take even less manpower and time. With 30 years even just takeing 5-10 of them to amass resources, tools, droids, ect then spend the next 25-20 years buliding the things yeah thats not un reasonable.

Sith cultists aren't even force sensitive? I doubt that.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 am

Fedel wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Sorry, what? I never made any such commentary, I think you may be thinking of Ameri. MY problems with it are Sidious trying to convince Ezra that he's an innocent old man when the episode before he attempted to murder him along with the space whale ex machina in the finale.

You people really have the same responses for everyone who disagrees with you, don't you? xD

So your problems are that a character shown to be manipulative all the way through the franchise was being manipulative? I'm confused.

Also acting like Star Wars has never indulged in the Deus Ex Machina. That's adorable. The Force is itself a massive Deus Ex Machina.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:27 am

Vassenor wrote:
Fedel wrote:

So your problems are that a character shown to be manipulative all the way through the franchise was being manipulative? I'm confused.

Also acting like Star Wars has never indulged in the Deus Ex Machina. That's adorable. The Force is itself a massive Deus Ex Machina.

By definition, when a Deus ex Machina enters the narrative it is sudden and unexpected. The Force is introduced early in ANH, and it's role in the climax follows naturally from what is discussed in it's introduction and later during Obi-Wan's lesson to Luke. Similarly, it doesn't serve as a Deus ex Machina in ROTJ. At best, in ESB, you could argue Luke using the Force to communicate with Leia qualifies, but I'd say that's a stretch. AOTC and ROTS also lack a Deus ex Machina. In TPM, you could argue Anakin so quickly getting the hand of flying a starship is a, presumably, Force-fueled Deus ex Machina (though this would also apply to Rey in TFA), and while that's a better position than the one from ESB, I still can't say I buy that argument. I can see maybe arguing Rey using the Force to outfight Kylo in TFA is a Deus ex Machina, but like the other two it doesn't seem sufficient to qualify. Finally, we have TROS, where I could see an argument for the Force being a Deus ex Machina, in Rey being able to call upon "All the Jedi" to overpower Palpatine. That's not really set up, solves an otherwise unsolvable problem, and isn't born from any choice or decision the characters have made, it's just dropped in Rey's lap.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 am

Andsed wrote:That is not how any of this works. Building massive ships is not something one can just fucking do. You need proper facilitates and man power to do so and it takes time. It took the Empire around 19 years to build the first death star and maybe around 4 to build the second. And that is with the entirety of the galaxy (trillions of people and thousands of planets worth of resources.) All the final order had was a few thousands cultist(who likely have no training in engineering) one planet which is basically impossible to reach and looks pretty damm barren with no real urban industrial centers. It would take them a long time to build 1 ship. Much less 10,000. It would take the Empire years if not decades to build such a fleet. The final order with their vastly limited resources doing it is out of the question.

Another effect of time marching forward is that construction of almost anything and everything becomes alot more automated and fast. If the progression is 19 years to build the first deathstar then 4 years for the second then yeah tools and construction would advance rapidly. I mean we can look at IRL for an example here.
Building cars took more manpower and time back in 1990 then it does now. In 2050 it will take even less manpower and time. With 30 years even just takeing 5-10 of them to amass resources, tools, droids, ect then spend the next 25-20 years buliding the things yeah thats not un reasonable.

No it is still highly unreasonable. You would still need a lot more manpower (and actually trained engineers not some cultists) and resources than what Palpatine have. Things like shipyards and actual production centers. Please actually study the lore behind ship building before you try to argue this. Because anyone with even a basic understanding of it understands that the final order fleet could never fucking exist and it was pure bad writing. There is no excuse for it. You can stretch all you fucking want, but the fleet would be impossible to create. This would be like if after the Nazis fell a group of them fled to some isolated part of the world and then built enough tanks to conquer to the world. An utterly absurd concept.

They are not Sith. They just worship the Sith. They are not force sensitive. Not everyone related to the force is force sensitive.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 am

Vassenor wrote:
Fedel wrote:

My problem was that Ezra was somehow taken in by Palpatine's act at first when Palpatine had attempted to kill him the episode before and that Palpatine, a character known for his brilliance and cunning, would attempt something so stupid... I'm confused as well, but moreso at how you failed to understand that.

The Force is an established power system. What is ACCOMPLISHED with the Force can be considered a deus ex machina depending on the context. Ism details this in his post above thankfully as this saves me the trouble of trying to explain it to you in a way you'd understand.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:40 am

Andsed wrote:

No it is still highly unreasonable. You would still need a lot more manpower (and actually trained engineers not some cultists) and resources than what Palpatine have. Things like shipyards and actual production centers. Please actually study the lore behind ship building before you try to argue this. Because anyone with even a basic understanding of it understands that the final order fleet could never fucking exist and it was pure bad writing. There is no excuse for it. You can stretch all you fucking want, but the fleet would be impossible to create. This would be like if after the Nazis fell a group of them fled to some isolated part of the world and then built enough tanks to conquer to the world. An utterly absurd concept.

They are not Sith. They just worship the Sith. They are not force sensitive. Not everyone related to the force is force sensitive.

Star Wars has droids with fully sentient AIs. Why not steal some construction droids? Your comparison to irl nazis is an apple to oranges comparison. Not only would that imply that Hitler had access to magic but also it would be the far future with access to automated manufacturing systems, sentient AIs, the ability to go to anywhere in the galaxy to steal materials, and lots of other things. But if you want to make the ww2 comparison I could boot up HOI4 and spend 30 years as a neutral nation to build a lot of ships while the rest of the world burns in the war.

Again, I still doubt that. especially if it Palpatine cloning sillyness if thats how the cultists where made.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:49 am

Andsed wrote:No it is still highly unreasonable. You would still need a lot more manpower (and actually trained engineers not some cultists) and resources than what Palpatine have. Things like shipyards and actual production centers. Please actually study the lore behind ship building before you try to argue this. Because anyone with even a basic understanding of it understands that the final order fleet could never fucking exist and it was pure bad writing. There is no excuse for it. You can stretch all you fucking want, but the fleet would be impossible to create. This would be like if after the Nazis fell a group of them fled to some isolated part of the world and then built enough tanks to conquer to the world. An utterly absurd concept.

Star Wars has droids with fully sentient AIs. Why not steal some construction droids? Your comparison to irl nazis is an apple to oranges comparison. Not only would that imply that Hitler had access to magic but also it would be the far future with access to automated manufacturing systems, sentient AIs, the ability to go to anywhere in the galaxy to steal materials, and lots of other things. But if you want to make the ww2 comparison I could boot up HOI4 and spend 30 years as a neutral nation to build a lot of ships while the rest of the world burns in the war.

Again, I still doubt that. especially if it Palpatine cloning sillyness if thats how the cultists where made.

Because having some droids is still not fucking enough. I don't think you get how ships are built in Star Wars. Because they require things like shipyards and factory's to produce on mass. Things Palpatine clearly did not have. Most planets in the galaxy cannot produce fleets for a reason. Because it requires actual established infrastructure. Things not present on Exegol. You cannot just create a fleet of that size from a single barren planet with a few thousand cultists. It is simply impossible. It is bad writing. When you have to resort to giving your bad guys something they should not have to make them feel like a threat, is. Bad. Fucking. Wriitng.

And no. The cultists were not made from cloning. They are simply a cult that formed in the unknown regions that worships the Sith. Not everyone related to the Jedi or Sith is force sensitive for fucks sake.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 am

Andsed wrote:No it is still highly unreasonable. You would still need a lot more manpower (and actually trained engineers not some cultists) and resources than what Palpatine have. Things like shipyards and actual production centers. Please actually study the lore behind ship building before you try to argue this. Because anyone with even a basic understanding of it understands that the final order fleet could never fucking exist and it was pure bad writing. There is no excuse for it. You can stretch all you fucking want, but the fleet would be impossible to create. This would be like if after the Nazis fell a group of them fled to some isolated part of the world and then built enough tanks to conquer to the world. An utterly absurd concept.

If they are a 'nuetral' nation. Then they need supplies and resources to make said ships and to get a steady stream of supplies. Which would draw attention.. like why the hell are smugglers going to God knows where.

Also it defeats the purpose of the sith wayfinders.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:54 am

Just noticed the debate that's going on right now.

How can you think it's possible for a single planet to have the resources to build the largest fleet the galaxy has even seen ( even larger than the Imperial Military at its height or the FO which, according to sourcebooks, canonically surpassed the Empire )? And to do so unnoticed at that.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:56 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

If they are a 'nuetral' nation. Then they need supplies and resources to make said ships and to get a steady stream of supplies. Which would draw attention.. like why the hell are smugglers going to God knows where.

Also it defeats the purpose of the sith wayfinders.

Not to mention actual established infrastructure and production sites manned by workers. Something I doubt is going to be present on a barren ass planet in the middle of no where who's only population is a cult who's population is only in the tens of thousands and who most likely do not have engineering training.

Fedel wrote:Just noticed the debate that's going on right now.

How can you think it's possible for a single planet to have the resources to build the largest fleet the galaxy has even seen ( even larger than the Imperial Military at its height or the FO which, according to sourcebooks, canonically surpassed the Empire )? And to do so unnoticed at that.

Oh yeah the First Order's military is also quite absurd. They are a remnant in the unknown regions and yet have been able to produce a military strong enough to conquer the galaxy? I get they would have some left overs from the Empire but that still leaves all the new advanced shit they have around. Where did they get all that? Honestly it is like JJ just wanted to replicate the Empire vs Rebels of the OT and so just gave the FO shit they really should not have access to. It just reeks of laziness.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 am

So that’s what that episode arc was.

Imagine wrapping up all the plot elements in your popular, decade long show in its final season when you can advertise other things instead.

Disney+ series about the sisters Ahsoka runs into when?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:46 am

Lol. I don't think most companies could be this tone deaf if they tried.

Also, not going to respond? Expected but somehow, still disappointing. :P
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am

So there's a medieval version of the Imperial March.

https://youtu.be/9MRHbGjW-J8
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:02 am

Fedel wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Who does "You People" refer to here? If you are implying people who largely like the new star wars content its incredibly disingenuous, as Vass is like this on everything and their posts should not be used against other people.

If not no worries
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction