NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Force Shall Free Us All

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could have a legacy upon the Star Wars galaxy, how would you want to be remembered?

As the fearless Jedi Knight, first into the fight against evil
4%
As the peacemaking Jedi Master
13%
As the shadow that lurks in the dark, influencing the galaxy with subtlety
11%
As the Sith Master that reveals themselves and dominates all opposition
21%
As the rogue who finds their fortune
2%
As the crime boss who lavishes in luxury
1%
As the bounty hunter that lives long enough to retire
8%
As the veteran soldier who fights for their cause for a lifetime
12%
As the daredevil explorer, placing their lives on the line to map the galaxy and reshape its very structure
12%
Dude, this galaxy's frickin' crazy, just let me be a normal civilian
15%

Total votes : 84

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:32 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I wish more EU writers, canon and legends, would have focused on Separatist characters and war material becoming involved with the Rebellion. I imagine people unhappy with the Republic wouldn’t have liked the Empire any better. It’d be cool to see some Separatist commanders with the Rebels. Imagine Alliance droidekas, AATs, and Providence Class cruisers.

This happened to some extent, but not much. That Rebels episode where they meet Kalani is the most we’ve ever gotten.

That's because the droid armies were shut down and scrapped. And the corporate entities that made up the CIS were disassembled.

You might get some people involved in the rebellion, but the Droid armies are no more.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:23 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I wish more EU writers, canon and legends, would have focused on Separatist characters and war material becoming involved with the Rebellion. I imagine people unhappy with the Republic wouldn’t have liked the Empire any better. It’d be cool to see some Separatist commanders with the Rebels. Imagine Alliance droidekas, AATs, and Providence Class cruisers.

This happened to some extent, but not much. That Rebels episode where they meet Kalani is the most we’ve ever gotten.

That's because the droid armies were shut down and scrapped. And the corporate entities that made up the CIS were disassembled.

You might get some people involved in the rebellion, but the Droid armies are no more.

True, but they could reactivate a few units and use the ships with life support systems.

I don’t expect the Rebels to have too much though, since that would ruin the underdog aspect.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:45 am

I assume that when Vader shut down the droids he initiated some sort of emergency kill switch that bricked all the droids. I mean in Star Wars simply shutting them down isn't going to get you far when slicing is a thing. The systems would have to be FUBAR or else even the worst of the rebels could get them back working.

Lost commander and other independent droids would be exempt from this as the signal wouldn't reach them.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I assume that when Vader shut down the droids he initiated some sort of emergency kill switch that bricked all the droids. I mean in Star Wars simply shutting them down isn't going to get you far when slicing is a thing. The systems would have to be FUBAR or else even the worst of the rebels could get them back working.

Lost commander and other independent droids would be exempt from this as the signal wouldn't reach them.

That is why I like what happened in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, because Tyber reactivated a droid factory and made himself an army of Droidekas.
Last edited by Northern Davincia on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I assume that when Vader shut down the droids he initiated some sort of emergency kill switch that bricked all the droids. I mean in Star Wars simply shutting them down isn't going to get you far when slicing is a thing. The systems would have to be FUBAR or else even the worst of the rebels could get them back working.

That is why I like what happened in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, because Tyber reactivated a droid factory and made himself an army of Droidekas.

Tyber was OP.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:57 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:That is why I like what happened in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, because Tyber reactivated a droid factory and made himself an army of Droidekas.

Tyber was OP.

This is true but he was awesome nonetheless.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

Gen II Droidekas at that. Stronger shields, ion weapons, and better reaction time.

I miss Tyber.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:That is why I like what happened in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, because Tyber reactivated a droid factory and made himself an army of Droidekas.

Gen II Droidekas at that. Stronger shields, ion weapons, and better reaction time.

I miss Tyber.

He's still kicking in the modern canon, but only as a footnote.

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Salus Maior wrote:And the corporate entities that made up the CIS were disassembled.

At the very least, the corporate bodies certainly were.
Abril 8, 4020: The Republic has tracked General Grievous to Utapau! Perhaps this terrible clone war is finally coming to an end, even if we are on the losing side.

We do not use NS stats, but we do use the outcome of events.
❂Put this in your sig if you don't trust China on account of them being asshoe.❂
------------ Me and the boys sneaking into this signature.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 am

Amazon is being slow af rn. I cancled my orders and picked up tros yesterday. Going to be seeing it later some time.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:12 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Amazon is being slow af rn. I cancled my orders and picked up tros yesterday. Going to be seeing it later some time.

That’s part of why I’ve got Disney plus still, even though the Mandalorian is over. I’m not wasting time trying to order TROS and all the Marvel movies I don’t have. I’m just watching it on there.
I mostly have it for Clone Wars though. The Bad Batch is Badass.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Amazon is being slow af rn. I cancled my orders and picked up tros yesterday. Going to be seeing it later some time.

That’s part of why I’ve got Disney plus still, even though the Mandalorian is over. I’m not wasting time trying to order TROS and all the Marvel movies I don’t have. I’m just watching it on there.
I mostly have it for Clone Wars though. The Bad Batch is Badass.

I need to get on with binging that. And Rebels.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Mirial Magna wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:And the corporate entities that made up the CIS were disassembled.

At the very least, the corporate bodies certainly were.

I cry every time.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Vassenor wrote: And Rebels.

You really don't need to bother with that one. Unless you like shitty characters, toothpick lightsabers and Darth Maul going out like a complete bitch.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Vassenor wrote: And Rebels.

You really don't need to bother with that one. Unless you like shitty characters, toothpick lightsabers and Darth Maul going out like a complete bitch.

Maul’s death was honestly one of the best things in Rebels imo.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Andsed wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:You really don't need to bother with that one. Unless you like shitty characters, toothpick lightsabers and Darth Maul going out like a complete bitch.

Maul’s death was honestly one of the best things in Rebels imo.

Which should tell you that the show is crap.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Maul’s death was honestly one of the best things in Rebels imo.

Which should tell you that the show is crap.

Not really. The way they handled Mauls death was honestly really well done. Sure it was not some flashy exciting fight but that is one of its strength to me. It gave it a more quiet feel that I think wrapped up Mauls story well.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Andsed wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Which should tell you that the show is crap.

Not really. The way they handled Mauls death was honestly really well done. Sure it was not some flashy exciting fight but that is one of its strength to me. It gave it a more quiet feel that I think wrapped up Mauls story well.

Yes, cause getting bitched by an old man in the blink of an eye was a super great end for him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Not really. The way they handled Mauls death was honestly really well done. Sure it was not some flashy exciting fight but that is one of its strength to me. It gave it a more quiet feel that I think wrapped up Mauls story well.

Yes, cause getting bitched by an old man in the blink of an eye was a super great end for him.

Seeing as that old man was Obi Wan motherfuckin Kenobi(one of the greatest warriors in the entire Jedi Order) who Mauls desire for revenge against consumed him and who’s arms he finally died in, I would agree with that statement.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 pm

Andsed wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yes, cause getting bitched by an old man in the blink of an eye was a super great end for him.

Seeing as that old man was Obi Wan motherfuckin Kenobi(one of the greatest warriors in the entire Jedi Order) who Mauls desire for revenge against consumed him and who’s arms he finally died in, I would agree with that statement.

This was not prime Obi-Wan. This was old-ass been on Tatooine for like 16 years Obi-Wan. The old fossil who gave us this thrill a minute fight. And Maul gets his balls handed to him by said fossil in literally 3 seconds.

No sir.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:03 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Seeing as that old man was Obi Wan motherfuckin Kenobi(one of the greatest warriors in the entire Jedi Order) who Mauls desire for revenge against consumed him and who’s arms he finally died in, I would agree with that statement.

This was not prime Obi-Wan. This was old-ass been on Tatooine for like 16 years Obi-Wan. The old fossil who gave us this thrill a minute fight. And Maul gets his balls handed to him by said fossil in literally 3 seconds.

No sir.

Yes sir. Maul was also past his prime and had been walking through the desserts for days. The fight was actually really clever with Obi Wan baiting Maul with Qui Gons stance showing how Maul had not learned from the past while Obi Wan has. Badass characters can go out in non badass ways and I think it was really fitting. Not every fight has to be the duel of the fates 2.0
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Seeing as that old man was Obi Wan motherfuckin Kenobi(one of the greatest warriors in the entire Jedi Order) who Mauls desire for revenge against consumed him and who’s arms he finally died in, I would agree with that statement.

No sir.

I could see the underlying logic behind the fight. Maul, driven by rage yet withered by time, is blind to his weaknesses. He goes out quickly because he cannot move on from the past.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:This was not prime Obi-Wan. This was old-ass been on Tatooine for like 16 years Obi-Wan. The old fossil who gave us this thrill a minute fight. And Maul gets his balls handed to him by said fossil in literally 3 seconds.

No sir.

I could see the underlying logic behind the fight. Maul, driven by rage yet withered by time, is blind to his weaknesses. He goes out quickly because he cannot move on from the past.

Exactly my thoughts. Mauls fixation on the past and desire for vengeance blinded him which Obi Wan who had learned and moved on from the past used to swiftly win the fight. Not the most thrilling of fight scenes but imo as an end to Mauls story I think it works well.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm

THREE. SECONDS.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:THREE. SECONDS.

Is the length of the fight yes. A very short fight but honestly I do not see a problem with the fight being a swift one. For an ending to a character stories a short but sweet fight that sums up who they were and how they ended up here works well.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction