NATION

PASSWORD

But It Was So Artistically Done: THE STAR WARS THREAD

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What did you think of The Last Jedi?

10 - A Star Wars movie not made by Jar Jar Abrams or Rian Johnson
9%
9 - "And not just the men, but the women and the children too!" ( Fun for the whole family )
18%
8 - Tosche Station ( to get some power converters of course )
15%
7 - Secret meetings with Padme Amidala
4%
6 - Blue Milk ( fresh from the alien tit )
16%
5 - Ridley's acting ( meh )
8%
4 - The Gungan Army
3%
3 - TCW Grievous.
4%
2 - Bantha Poodoo
5%
1 - Jar Jar Binks
19%

Total votes : 79

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Maichuko wrote:Dammit I don't know which to pick.

I chose Finn. Of the new characters, he was really the only one I liked.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm

OP, you forgot to add TR-8R! And Phasma...and Hux...
Last edited by Dylar on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Alekseandrea
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Alekseandrea » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Ism wrote:

Finn is like the new jar jar.
Only he’s blander and less funny.

So, in a way he’s not like jar jar at all...
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Qui-Gon Jinn

A quote from my most trusted advisor:

"Pet a dog and he'll bite you in the ass.
Shoot a dog and he'll never bother you again."

Mr. Nibbles ~ PhD, professional Animalia Chordata Mammalia Carnivora Feliformia Felidae Felinae Felis F. catus

Anywhere Else But Here wrote:Temporarily ruined forever.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Same, i kind of liked all of them.

Im probably in the minority for this but i really liked Kylo Ren as a bad guy being a departure from the typical sith/dark side bad man thing(at least imo), so ill probably vote him.

Although i am very tempted to vote for Finn just because of the poll option for him, it made me chuckle.

Well they all made me chuckle, but that one in particular did.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Alekseandrea wrote:
Ism wrote:

I'd have to disagree with that. He was really the only character I was interested in, even if his betrayal of the Empire was poorly executed.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Ism wrote:
Alekseandrea wrote:

I'd have to disagree with that. He was really the only character I was interested in, even if his betrayal of the Empire was poorly executed.

yeh I'm with tha resistunce, I LUV DA REZISTUNCE!
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Alekseandrea wrote:
Ism wrote:

What a coincidence. Jar Jar's not funny either. :>
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

Same, i kind of liked all of them.

Im probably in the minority for this but i really liked Kylo Ren as a bad guy being a departure from the typical sith/dark side bad man thing(at least imo), so ill probably vote him.

Although i am very tempted to vote for Finn just because of the poll option for him, it made me chuckle.

Well they all made me chuckle, but that one in particular did.

I like Kylo.

A lot of his fans defend his weirder moments. I think his tantrums and his emo moments were ridiculous, but he’s supposed to be like that. He is a significant departure from most dark side users, and a character that feels a pull to the light instead of a pull to the dark is an interesting concept.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2012
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Dylar wrote:OP, you forgot to add TR-8R! And Phasma...and Hux...

TR-8R is everyone's favorite, so it wouldn't really be fair if he were in the poll. Phasma was waaaaaaaaay to lame in my opinion to even receive an honorable mention. I don't care what her motivations are, a villain who just surrenders without a fight is not a very good villain. Hux, however, should have been included in the poll, since his popularity does not go without saying like TR-8R's, but still deserves to exist, unlike Phasma's.
|| Please support the Great Archive of Nations by donating cards for preservation. ||

The Former Conservative Conservative Party Candidate of 2016!

Breaking News: The Conservative Conservative Party is now inactive.

"Forwards is Backwards, and Backwards is Forwards!"

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:06 pm

I would add him if it didn't reset the poll.

"Admiral Screamsalot"

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Emo Ren. Only seriously original thing about TFA.

Mufasana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mufasana » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:
Dylar wrote:OP, you forgot to add TR-8R! And Phasma...and Hux...

TR-8R is everyone's favorite, so it wouldn't really be fair if he were in the poll. Phasma was waaaaaaaaay to lame in my opinion to even receive an honorable mention. I don't care what her motivations are, a villain who just surrenders without a fight is not a very good villain. Hux, however, should have been included in the poll, since his popularity does not go without saying like TR-8R's, but still deserves to exist, unlike Phasma's.

We don't know much about Phasma's background. Maybe he had something in his past.
Generation 42: Please add one to this number when you add it to your sig.
I'm a thrawnist and proud of it. (put this in your sig if you support Thrawn!!)

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Mufasana wrote:
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:

We don't know much about Phasma's background. Maybe he had something in his past.

Um, you do know Phasma's a girl, right?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Bearon wrote:Unlimited*

Ultimate sounds better in context though.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 pm

New haven america wrote:
Bearon wrote:Unlimited*

Ultimate sounds better in context though.

ULTIMATE POWAAAAAAA!!!
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Nice poll options. Why are people voting for Kylo Ren though? Eww
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm surprised nobody voted for gay Wedge Antilles.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Call me a diehard, but I disliked pretty much all of the characters introduced in The Force Awakens. Rogue One, on the other hand, had characters that I actually liked, such as K2-SO and the blind guy whose name I can never remember.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Bearon wrote:I'm surprised nobody voted for gay Wedge Antilles.
I did. I am assuming that’s Poe

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Call me a diehard, but I disliked pretty much all of the characters introduced in The Force Awakens. Rogue One, on the other hand, had characters that I actually liked, such as K2-SO and the blind guy whose name I can never remember.
Chirruth I think.

I like the Episode VII characters, but I agree that the ones in Rouge One are better. Shame they all had to die, but I guess that’s necessary, and it shows Disney has the guts to kill people off... don’t mention Han, he asked to

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Bearon wrote:I'm surprised nobody voted for gay Wedge Antilles.
I did. I am assuming that’s Poe

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Call me a diehard, but I disliked pretty much all of the characters introduced in The Force Awakens. Rogue One, on the other hand, had characters that I actually liked, such as K2-SO and the blind guy whose name I can never remember.
Chirruth I think.

I like the Episode VII characters, but I agree that the ones in Rouge One are better. Shame they all had to die, but I guess that’s necessary, and it shows Disney has the guts to kill people off... don’t mention Han, he asked to

Really? Poe just seemed so flat to me.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Genivaria wrote:This one tugs on my feels a bit.
"I've seen some impressive things as a Stormtrooper of the Empire. I've seen Star Destroyers tear apart a battlecruiser with just tractor beams. I've seen command ships so big they take three days to walk from end to end. I even saw Lord Vader once. But I think the greatest thing I ever saw was those squat little dropships, flying out of a binary sunset, loaded with reinforcements, ammunition, medical droids and food."

Would sound fucking raw if every Imperial Star Destroyer I've seen that wasn't led by Darth Vader wasn't inept, to say the least. Even the ones that are serving temporarily directly under Darth Vader, who's commanders have the threat of a Force Choking spurring them, can be inept.

Hurts man.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Where's the option for the First Order stormtrooper that challenged Finn's traitorness?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Zanera wrote:
Genivaria wrote:This one tugs on my feels a bit.

Would sound fucking raw if every Imperial Star Destroyer I've seen that wasn't led by Darth Vader wasn't inept, to say the least. Even the ones that are serving temporarily directly under Darth Vader, who's commanders have the threat of a Force Choking spurring them, can be inept.

Hurts man.

Tbf, massive capital ships would be inept at catching a lone smuggler's ship that's literally the fastest in the Galaxy.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Rogue One I genuinely enjoyed.
The space battle, battle on the ground, and of course the 5 minutes of Darth Vader killing Rebel Scum made me sqee with joy.

We need more good Sci-fi battles in film.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Hurts man.

Tbf, massive capital ships would be inept at catching a lone smuggler's ship that's literally the fastest in the Galaxy.

You also have squadrons upon squadrons of TIE fighters and a giant killer space worm.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction