NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:42 pm

As part of his quest to be everywhere, it looks like Adam Driver might end up as your Mister Fantastic.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:46 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:As part of his quest to be everywhere, it looks like Adam Driver might end up as your Mister Fantastic.

Huh. Not someone I pictured as Reed, but anything is an improvement over Jim from The Office.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:As part of his quest to be everywhere, it looks like Adam Driver might end up as your Mister Fantastic.

Huh. Not someone I pictured as Reed, but anything is an improvement over Jim from The Office.

I believe I've mentioned on several occasions I'd prefer they go young, but after the first time this rumour circulated months ago I... how to put this... I think Adam Driver has repeatedly played roles which demonstrate how I think of Reed. Not necessarily all at once, but it's all there in aggregate.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm

It is acceptable
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:54 pm

The first five Spider-man movies are apparently on Disney+ now. Homecoming and the first Venom movie join the fray on May 12.

Far from and No Way Home will have to wait, as well as There Will be Carnage.

Least stakes news? I do get to put off Starz a little longer, though the teacher that mentored one of my plays is the mother in Blindspotting and I really aught to be watching it.

Looking at the well of Spider-man movies I really should be looking as my work is done. I use to say I was watching every superhero movie to come out no matter what so they were profitable so that I'd eventually get a Spider-man movie (I didn't really think I was single handedly manifesting a Spider-man movie nor was I actually watching every comic book movie to come out). Of course a game of 'who really has the rights' was the hold up, not worrying no one would watch a Spider-man movie.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:23 pm

I don't know if anyone is watching Titans but out of an abundance of caution I'm going to spoil the cool thing they did at the end of the episode. I guess bonus effect if you simply don't care (valid) it's easier to pass by...

Titans just re-reconnected all of the DC adaptations into the multiverse, this time reaching all the way back to Batman '66 and Teen Titans Go.

Beast Boy ended up 'in the red', like if you combined the Speed Force and the regular Force but animals. So being in it meant he could stretch through universes. So he got a glimpse of The Flash in the Arrowverse, a clip from Shazam from the DCEU, audio clip from Batman 66, a tv playing Teen Titans Go, had a conversation with Star Girl, landed in Doom Patrol...etc.

The absolute best, and the only reason I bring it up, I thought it was a Lex Luthor I didn't recognize but that's because i often don't know what my favorite authors look like. One of the portals he peers through is to Grant Morrison who is the only one who can see Beast Boy as well. Love it. Also, Grant Morrison looks like Lex Luthor.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:27 pm

Critical response to GotG3 appears positive.

If you read too many of them you may accidentally spoiler at least part of the ending. Or could just be reading too much into a line or two.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:36 pm

Secret Wars will be Kang-led So...I was wrong about that.

Looks like they're following the Infinity War/Endgame formula of having Kang be the 'protagonist' of Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars being the fallout.

The Avengers will soon assemble once again in 2025's The Kang Dynasty to take on Jonathan Majors' Kang - who will also seemingly lead the movie as its main "protagonist," despite being the villain of the piece.

But that'll only be the beginning of the troubles for Earth's Mightiest Heroes, as they are set to take to screens again in 2026 with Secret Wars. The blockbuster event is expected to be packed with heroes, including some legacy characters.

According to a recent report from Variety, not only is Jonathan Majors expected to star as Kang in 2025's Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, but he is also signed on to reprise his Marvel villain role in 2026's Avengers: Secret Wars.

Majors has already appeared as many Kang Variants in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and Loki, with that trend expected to continue into the next two Avengers movies as the actor returns as countless more conquerors.

Majors' role in Secret Wars will come off of serving as the main protagonist of The Kang Dynasty, just as Josh Brolin's Thanos did in Infinity War.

Depending on what your feelings were about Multiverse of Madness...
Doctor Strange 2 writer Michael Waldron is currently hard at work on the script, although there have been rumors Secret Wars could become two movies.

One report claimed Marvel Studios may be "aiming to get as many heavy hitters as they can" for Avengers 6, which could include appearances from Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:16 am

I liked MoM so a yay from me, bonus yay when Hugh and Tobey are included.

Cannot think of a name wrote:As part of his quest to be everywhere Adam Driver
That made me giggle.
While I do like him as an actor, I don't know if he'd be a good Reed Richards.

Ameriganastan wrote:
Eahland wrote:I have to admit that I have no idea what speedy chick and mind-control dude's names are.

...Damn, me neither. That movie really left no impression, did it?

Not-Bucky was in the movie and there's a Celestial sticking out of Earth now, that's what I remember. I suppose we get to see more of that Celestial soon or is the MCU going to ignore it?
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:00 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:I liked MoM so a yay from me, bonus yay when Hugh and Tobey are included.

Cannot think of a name wrote:As part of his quest to be everywhere Adam Driver
That made me giggle.
While I do like him as an actor, I don't know if he'd be a good Reed Richards.

Ameriganastan wrote:...Damn, me neither. That movie really left no impression, did it?

Not-Bucky was in the movie and there's a Celestial sticking out of Earth now, that's what I remember. I suppose we get to see more of that Celestial soon or is the MCU going to ignore it?

I wonder this as well. I was surprised Black Bolt actually returned in MoM with the way they've been "what's an Inhuman" complete ignoring of all of that, but I think that was more of Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment not getting along.

Compared to Arishem, Kang is like the guy already in the ring when the headliner arrives. I'm not sure where they go from here with that.

Current Space Marvel in the MCU is phasing out with the end of the GotG (at least as Gunn has envisioned it). No, wait...Captain Marvel & co are still Space Marvel. I was wondering, because it happens so much, if the Fantastic Four will take up Space Marvel in the GotG's absence.

I have one very stupid wish for the Fantastic Four that I very much don't think will come true. In the original comic they launched from a fictional California city that someone figured out was right about where Stockton is. After some playful back and forths, Stockton became the place they launched from-they moved to the Baxter Building in New York in issue #3. Apparently Stockton has a petition to be included in the upcoming film.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:21 pm

The Flash reactions 'among the best superhero movies ever'

Be a little awkward if they figured it out after they've already ditched the whole thing. But then, Flashpoint is a multiverse story, so anything's possible.

So far Ezra hasn't kidnapped anyone...recently.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:23 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:So far Ezra hasn't kidnapped anyone...recently.

That we know of.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:So far Ezra hasn't kidnapped anyone...recently.

That we know of.

Fair point. He may be locked away in a WB basement.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:The Flash reactions 'among the best superhero movies ever'

Be a little awkward if they figured it out after they've already ditched the whole thing. But then, Flashpoint is a multiverse story, so anything's possible.

The key to committing crime is to make sure you don't get caught.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Everyone but Drax got a Legends clip show. Even Kraglan.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:45 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Not-Bucky was in the movie and there's a Celestial sticking out of Earth now, that's what I remember. I suppose we get to see more of that Celestial soon or is the MCU going to ignore it?

The buzz all the way back in December but I only am seeing it now is that someone sets up shop on Tiamat's dome 'cause that's where we're gonna find adamantium.

Unspecified rumor that everyone ran with after Comicbook.com did their report:
Since then, it's been claimed that this is, in fact, "Tiamut Island," with the spotlight actually put on the Celestial in Captain America: New World Order. As expected, it seems the world's governments will realise that they can make use of Tiamut's remains, hence why this is supposedly where Adamantium will be introduced.

Yes, the indestructible metal that coats Wolverine's claws is going to originate from Tiamut, with various countries - including the U.S. - going to war in an effort to lay claim to a resource that's even more valuable than the Vibranium Wakanda has deprived them of. Unsurprisingly, Harrison Ford's President Ross will be among those looking to take control of the island.

We'd bet on Tiamut Island also factoring into Thunderbolts given how close to the next Captain America movie that arrives in theaters.

Also, Blade has a new writer finally. It's the guy who created True Detective.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 pm

Honestly, I'm probably fucking done with the MCU if fucking Tiamut is the explanation for adamantium. It is even dumber than that insane "Harley is Iron Lad" nonsense. It can fuck right off and all. It has no creative merit at any level.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:16 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Everyone but Drax got a Legends clip show. Even Kraglan.

Drax and Mantis already had them.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:36 am

Eahland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Everyone but Drax got a Legends clip show. Even Kraglan.

Drax and Mantis already had them.

Ah, yeah...for the Christmas special. Forgot about that.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:26 pm

Given how little Adam Warlock there is in the promotional clips here's my half assed prediction:

Adam Warlock is going to be a literal deus ex machina, as in a god like being who will emerge from his cocoon and change the final whatever. Perhaps not save the day entirely, but make it so it can be saved. And then in true Adam Warlock fashion, just fuck off into space.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:36 pm

New haven america wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The Flash reactions 'among the best superhero movies ever'

The key to committing crime is to make sure you don't get caught.

Closely followed by not committing crimes of course :p

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:12 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Given how little Adam Warlock there is in the promotional clips here's my half assed prediction:

Adam Warlock is going to be a literal deus ex machina, as in a god like being who will emerge from his cocoon and change the final whatever. Perhaps not save the day entirely, but make it so it can be saved. And then in true Adam Warlock fashion, just fuck off into space.

On this note I saw a review, or I think a quote from a review, that went:

"Adam Warlock is underused".

Also, in terms of "required viewing" in advance of the movie, you're meant to watch:

the Holiday Special

Not having seen the movie, I don't understand how anything in that could possibly be mission critical. I suspect what's going on is that there's stuff mentioned offhand in the movie that is in that. If that didn't exist, then these references would come across as noodle incidents, but because some people have seen that, they're not taking the references as noodle incidents and instead going "oh, you need to have seen X to understand this reference".

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon May 01, 2023 7:48 pm

Adam Drives and Margot Robbie are reportedly in the running for Mr. Fantastic and Sue Storm
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Mon May 01, 2023 7:52 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:Adam Drives and Margot Robbie are reportedly in the running for Mr. Fantastic and Sue Storm

But why? I thought Jim from the office was already there, and while I don't object to cross casting per se, it'd be weird having Harley Quinn playing Susan Storm.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 01, 2023 8:15 pm

Tarsonis wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Adam Drives and Margot Robbie are reportedly in the running for Mr. Fantastic and Sue Storm

But why? I thought Jim from the office was already there, and while I don't object to cross casting per se, it'd be weird having Harley Quinn playing Susan Storm.

Johnny Storm became Captain America. Also...Johnny Storm became Killmonger.

I think Krasinski was a fancast stunt for the movie.

Speaking of FF...rumors of Silver Surfer evolve. Also late to the rumor party on Antonia Bandaras being courted for Galactus.

So...piecing that together, I could have been even more wrong than I already knew I was. Marvel did a radio play serial that told the coming of Galactus from Ben Ulrich's POV. Probably unrelated...but if they're casting Galactus and having,..

...wait, I broke myself, 'cause the tweet says that Silver Surfer will be set up but not in the movie. A response suggested that the 'cosmic rays' that power up the Four is the wash from the Surfer's wake. But it would be strange to do Galactus vs the FF without the Surfer. But I was thinking since they say that FF is gonna be spacy with a 60s vibe they would do Galactus which would mean that Dr Doom would be a slow burn...instead of the enemy out of the gate he's the looming threat. Dr Doom didn't even appear in FF until #5. You don't need to start with your signature villain. Maybe Doom will be little more than a looming threat in the background while they deal with space shit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction