NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Looks like the LAF is gonna start working with the Flag Smashers. Which I actually thought they were working together already, but I guess it wasn't until tonight's episode that they actually decided to.

I think that Flag Smasher that Karli was talking to before Batroc showed up is gonna turn on her. He didn't seem too enthused that the FS were gonna be working with the LAF.

Sharon is still the most likely candidate for the Powerbroker.

That "Val" person (if that's her real name) seems suspicious. Also according to the MCU Wiki, she's supposed to appear in Black Widow as well.

Sam's training montage was awesome. Also liked the conversation he had with Bradley.

I knew Walker wasn't gonna give up the title of Captain America so easily.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
That fight between Walker and Falcon/Winter soldier was cool, cringed when the arm got broken, saw it a mile away but still got me. Speaking of Walker he has completely went off the deep end then, making his own shield and everything. I dont know who that woman is though that showed up, again im not a comic book reader so i dont recognise her at all.

The conversation between Bradley and Sam was really good imo, nice emotional scene. It was cool to see Sam practicing with the shield too, i assume that was Caps suit in the box that he opened up and next episode he will don it and assume the mantle then. And i assume Sharon is the power broker then? Guess you all called it.

Zemo i guess is out then for the last episode, still it was nice to see him back. Hope he shows up in another series or another movie.

For a moment I actually thought his arm got ripped off. Definitely an uncomfortable scene.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:47 pm

I am a Sam Wilson stan first and a person second now.

But in more serious terms Sam has been the absolute GOAT of this show and I am so excited to see more him. Nice to see Bucky finally admitting and apologizing for making this about him and not recognizing that for a black man to take up the shield is far more complicated than he or Steve considered. Cant really get a read on Karli tbh. They have shown her sympathetically so that makes me think she will get some redemption. Walker has definitely gone off the rails and is probably gonna get his ass whupped again.
Last edited by Andsed on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Second viewing, nothing big that I missed. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll actually get US Agent in the final brawl or if he's off to join the Dark/Secret/whatever Avengers with WIdow's 'sister' or Taskmaster or whoever Val recruits in Black Widow.

Sharon called Batroc on behalf of the Flag Smashers, yeah? I mean, she was asking for that hook up, the dude was yelling at her in French, next shot, Batroc the Leaper is all "Hey, here's a big case of advanced weapons midday in Central Park. This is probably in the background of a half a dozen tourist photos now." Though no one seemed to notice Karli and she's kind of distinctive looking.

It's puts a twirl on the sell that she's the Power Broker. If she is the Power Broker and what she told Sam was true, that he(actually her) was pissed about the super soldier serum and the death of skeezy mcscience lab, then the idea that the Flag Smashers could even come to her for the hook up would be crazy. Unless she knows they need the hook up and Sharon wants it to be her hook up so that she gets some thing she needs out of this transaction.

So...

1. She isn't the Power Broker but instead a player with her own game going on which may or may not include: The organization that the "Val" is part of building the Dark Avengers/Secret Avengers/Thunderbolts whatever.

2. She isn't the Power Broker because she never left SHIELD and the whole stealing Cap and Falcon's gear was an excellent cover for her to be eyes and ears in Madripoor and she got really good at it. No call from Nick Fury like WandaVision but the whole 'wheels within wheels' continues to play out.

3. She's totally the Power Broker, obviously...how many more hints can be dropped. Batroc is there to betray Karli.

4. She's totally the Power Broker, obviously...this is how shadowy government entities are still conducting Project Rebirth until they find a surly Canadian with a tendency to heal fast. Batroc's role in that is undetermined.

I read that thing that Xmara read, "Val" is a surprise character in Black Widow and it was supposed to be a big reveal in F&tWS like "Oh shit, she's involved in this...shit 'bout to go down..." except that BW got pushed. Also, she's apparently in a ton of stuff coming up, hinting that she's going to be the Nick Fury of fallen good guys or morally ambiguous bad guys.

in other news, Alfred Molina has stopped being cagey about being in Spider-man No Way Home. The other Spider-men so far haven't as far as I know.

Just saw this, Thor 4 is releasing in February? That's Disney going "We're invincible...watch us release a blockbuster in the dump month, mu hahahaha..."
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 pm

A movie with the word love in the title is releasing in February. I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked. Words can't express the level of my surprise. I'm going to go lie down.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:16 am

There needs to be a good Hulk movie. And I mean the sulking, haunted bruce banner who has to self-isolate or the raging hulk that can break worlds. The Hulk is such an emotional character and has been held back by the lighter tones of the overall MCU. We need a tormented Hulk, a tormented Bruce Banner, and a plot that expresses how tragic the Hulk is. Maybe they can pick up on the Immortal Hulk, the new Hulk identity that works more like the Punisher and Ghost Rider. That Hulk who hunts down killer cops and serial killer doctors. THAT Hulk.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:36 am

Nevertopia wrote:There needs to be a good Hulk movie. And I mean the sulking, haunted bruce banner who has to self-isolate or the raging hulk that can break worlds. The Hulk is such an emotional character and has been held back by the lighter tones of the overall MCU. We need a tormented Hulk, a tormented Bruce Banner, and a plot that expresses how tragic the Hulk is. Maybe they can pick up on the Immortal Hulk, the new Hulk identity that works more like the Punisher and Ghost Rider. That Hulk who hunts down killer cops and serial killer doctors. THAT Hulk.

Immortal Hulk without the multiple Hulk personalities, without the various gamma characters and without Alpha Flight or the U-Foes, isn't Immortal Hulk.

The only thing the MCU has that's ready to go for Immortal Hulk is the Absorbing Man except he's technically dead. (I guess the Leader technically counts, too, but all we ever saw was his forehead start to swell.)
Last edited by Forsher on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:20 am

Nevertopia wrote:There needs to be a good Hulk movie. And I mean the sulking, haunted bruce banner who has to self-isolate or the raging hulk that can break worlds. The Hulk is such an emotional character and has been held back by the lighter tones of the overall MCU. We need a tormented Hulk, a tormented Bruce Banner, and a plot that expresses how tragic the Hulk is. Maybe they can pick up on the Immortal Hulk, the new Hulk identity that works more like the Punisher and Ghost Rider. That Hulk who hunts down killer cops and serial killer doctors. THAT Hulk.

Unless or until they get those distribution rights back form Universal you'll have to get your Hulk fix through She Hulk. Which will have both Banner and Abomination in it. Who knows how it will spread out the gamma crowd. Falcon and the Winter Soldier pulled out Joaquin Torres, Isaiah Bradley, and Wilfred Nagel.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Silvedania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvedania » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:34 am

Forsher wrote:A movie with the word love in the title is releasing in February. I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked. Words can't express the level of my surprise. I'm going to go lie down.

What movie? An MCU movie? am confuzzled
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:52 am

Silvedania wrote:
Forsher wrote:A movie with the word love in the title is releasing in February. I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked. Words can't express the level of my surprise. I'm going to go lie down.

Thor: Love and Thunder. It was originally scheduled for a November release but then disease struck the world and everything got shuffled about. It got pushed to February which I guess is old news because it got moved around to May 6th.

Traditionally February is a bit of a dump month because it lies between the Oscar bait movies that came out in late December to get that box office boost from being nominated and the spring/summer movies. That's how movies otherwise unspectacular have record openings, like for a while Ghost Rider had the best weekend take for a February just because it was a superhero movie not where a superhero movie usually goes. But since studio films are now all tentpoles things are changing a bit.

But because it is called Love and Thunder someone thought they'd go all Jeffery Albertson on a passing observation and make things weird. But what'r'ya'gonna'do.

Xmara
Negotiator

Postby Xmara » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 am

Silvedania wrote:

It’s Thor: Love and Thunder
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
We are not Estonia.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Silvedania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvedania » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Silvedania wrote:What movie? An MCU movie? am confuzzled

Thor: Love and Thunder. It was originally scheduled for a November release but then disease struck the world and everything got shuffled about. It got pushed to February which I guess is old news because it got moved around to May 6th.

Traditionally February is a bit of a dump month because it lies between the Oscar bait movies that came out in late December to get that box office boost from being nominated and the spring/summer movies. That's how movies otherwise unspectacular have record openings, like for a while Ghost Rider had the best weekend take for a February just because it was a superhero movie not where a superhero movie usually goes. But since studio films are now all tentpoles things are changing a bit.

But because it is called Love and Thunder someone thought they'd go all Jeffery Albertson on a passing observation and make things weird. But what'r'ya'gonna'do.

Oh right, lmao
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 am

It will be interesting to see how they do Natalie Portmans character becoming Thor, will Chris' Thor die or just give up the mante?

How did it go down with Lady Thor in the comics? He lost his arm or something right?
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:14 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:It will be interesting to see how they do Natalie Portmans character becoming Thor, will Chris' Thor die or just give up the mante?

How did it go down with Lady Thor in the comics? He lost his arm or something right?

He became unworthy. Foster was dying of cancer but was worthy. When she held the hammer she had the power of Thor, but when she let it go her cancer would just get worse. I can't remember why Thor became unworthy. He sorted it out eventually.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:16 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:It will be interesting to see how they do Natalie Portmans character becoming Thor, will Chris' Thor die or just give up the mante?

He became unworthy. Foster was dying of cancer but was worthy. When she held the hammer she had the power of Thor, but when she let it go her cancer would just get worse. I can't remember why Thor became unworthy. He sorted it out eventually.

Ah cool, thanks.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 am

She's a Valkyrie now and Thor is king of Asgard, no arms lost.

i assume that was Caps suit in the box that he opened

Isn't that the favor Bucky asked from the Wakandans? So maybe a vibranium enhanced Cap suit?
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:38 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:

She's a Valkyrie now and Thor is king of Asgard, no arms lost.

i assume that was Caps suit in the box that he opened

Isn't that the favor Bucky asked from the Wakandans? So maybe a vibranium enhanced Cap suit?

Could be

Or maybe a new winged suit for him made out of vibranium?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:35 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:She's a Valkyrie now and Thor is king of Asgard, no arms lost.

Could be

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Could be

that looks sick as fuck

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:02 pm

that looks sick as fuck

It really does. I've been looking forward to it the whole show.

Also, the first one of the two predictions I came across organically (looking it up is cheating, there's someone somewhere on the internet saying something. I had to run across it under normal circumstances. Though I've seen two or three go for Dark Avengers instead.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Unless or until they get those distribution rights back form Universal you'll have to get your Hulk fix through She Hulk. Which will have both Banner and Abomination in it. Who knows how it will spread out the gamma crowd. Falcon and the Winter Soldier pulled out Joaquin Torres, Isaiah Bradley, and Wilfred Nagel.

did everyone forget that the Hulk that fought the Abomination is the same hulk in the MCU continuity? What happened to THAT Hulk? He was a beast! Not this grumpy uunga buunga caveman guy.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Nevertopia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Unless or until they get those distribution rights back form Universal you'll have to get your Hulk fix through She Hulk. Which will have both Banner and Abomination in it. Who knows how it will spread out the gamma crowd. Falcon and the Winter Soldier pulled out Joaquin Torres, Isaiah Bradley, and Wilfred Nagel.

did everyone forget that the Hulk that fought the Abomination is the same hulk in the MCU continuity? What happened to THAT Hulk? He was a beast! Not this grumpy uunga buunga caveman guy.

That Hulk wanted a 'written by' credit so they went with someone else.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 am

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am

I have an odd affection for Awkwafina.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:46 am

Tarsonis wrote:

I have an odd affection for Awkwafina.

Ive only seen her, well... heard her, in the Dark Crystal series so im not that familiar with her works myself.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction