NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:And...New Mutants has been delayed again. This time cause of the carona scare.

This poor movie. It just can't get released, can it? At this point, I'd just release it straight to DVD.

:(

At least we'll always have X-men: Evolution
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
Want to talk about your favourite western animations? Do it here!
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

They better not move Black Widow she waited so long for her own movie she died plus I have a crush on Scarlett. But is there any movement from Disney in regards to the release this may?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:They better not move Black Widow she waited so long for her own movie she died plus I have a crush on Scarlett. But is there any movement from Disney in regards to the release this may?

They have affirmed that it's staying put. There was speculation that they'd move it to The Eternal's spot in November (after James Bond moved there) but Marvel went 'nah, we cool' and the released trailer still had the regular release date.

So it looks like she'll be on schedule. And it's still over a month out, if we're still in butt clench mode at that point it might be the least of our worries.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:So there's a leak out there about Christian Bale in Thor 4. No name yet, but apparently he's gonna be the villain. An alien villain on top of that.

Rumor confirmed. Still no confirmation on which villain though.
I'm going with Norrin Radd.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:20 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Rumor confirmed. Still no confirmation on which villain though.
I'm going with Norrin Radd.

Little early for the Silver Surfer isn't it? Can't have them already bringing Galactus in so soon after Thanos got taken care of.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
HC Eredivisie wrote:I'm going with Norrin Radd.

Little early for the Silver Surfer isn't it? Can't have them already bringing Galactus in so soon after Thanos got taken care of.

Not really.

Galactus is basically a zombie. Most you can do with him is have him show up and eat someone or something you don't care about, then either have the main characters die or win.

In other words... Galactus is a disaster movie not a saga (not that Thanos was a saga but you get the idea).

The Surfer is a much more complex character who probably requires multiple films to understand properly. This is just as good a reason to not expect Christian Bale to play him as any other. These big name actors tend to only want a few appearances. Being a recurring character is for people who aren't A-list or who want to get back there and don't mind the cost of being so.

The point is... introducing Galactus early is plausible because there's nothing really to do with him. Introducing the Surfer early means that a later appearance in a directly Galactus related film has more meaning.

Given that Bale is British.. I would suspect another Asgardian character first. The rest of space in the MCU appears to be American. But, hey, Bale's famous for "I can't believe he's not American" so who knows? Especially given I don't know who he'd be if he were Asgardian. Maybe he'll play Dario Agger given his importance to the Foster Thor stuff. Voice the Mangog?
Last edited by Forsher on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 am

Forsher wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Little early for the Silver Surfer isn't it? Can't have them already bringing Galactus in so soon after Thanos got taken care of.

Not really.

Galactus is basically a zombie. Most you can do with him is have him show up and eat someone or something you don't care about, then either have the main characters die or win.

In other words... Galactus is a disaster movie not a saga (not that Thanos was a saga but you get the idea).

The Surfer is a much more complex character who probably requires multiple films to understand properly. This is just as good a reason to not expect Christian Bale to play him as any other. These big name actors tend to only want a few appearances. Being a recurring character is for people who aren't A-list or who want to get back there and don't mind the cost of being so.

Given that Bale is British.. I would suspect another Asgardian character first. The rest of space in the MCU appears to be American. But, hey, Bale's famous for "I can't believe he's not American" so who knows? Especially given I don't know who he'd be if he were Asgardian. Maybe he'll play Dario Agger given his importance to the Foster Thor stuff. Voice the Mangog?

Well Thanos' original reason for killing 1/2 the universe was to get his dick wet, and Disney had no problem changing that bit.

So who knows, they could make it so that Galactus is an actual character, or introduce other Cosmic Marvel characters like Modok or Kang as buildup to the main man himself.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:12 am

New haven america wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Not really.

Well Thanos' original reason for killing 1/2 the universe was to get his dick wet, and Disney had no problem changing that bit.

So who knows, they could make it so that Galactus is an actual character, or introduce other Cosmic Marvel characters like Modok or Kang as buildup to the main man himself.

I still believe that the comics' justification for Thanos was way more believable than the movies'.

Honestly the opening sequence of Infinity Gauntlet leading up to Thanos's actual snap is one of the cooler sequences in Marvel comics history. I'll always be sad that they didn't even come close to that level of macabre sexual tension in the MCU.
Last edited by Cisairse on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:04 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
HC Eredivisie wrote:I'm going with Norrin Radd.

Fox managed it in one movie. They could have Galactus show up in a later movie, but you'd already know he's not going to eat devour Earth.

Forsher wrote:Galactus is basically a zombie. Most you can do with him is have him show up and eat someone or something you don't care about, then either have the main characters die or win.
Or he kills somebody we do care about because it's hist last movie and someone else will take up the hammer.

I don't think there are many Asgardians left outside of the ones on Earth unless Odin banished some. Which is very likely just as killing an entire species when he was conquering worlds with Hela.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Stanmenistan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanmenistan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:They better not move Black Widow she waited so long for her own movie she died plus I have a crush on Scarlett. But is there any movement from Disney in regards to the release this may?

They have affirmed that it's staying put. There was speculation that they'd move it to The Eternal's spot in November (after James Bond moved there) but Marvel went 'nah, we cool' and the released trailer still had the regular release date.

So it looks like she'll be on schedule. And it's still over a month out, if we're still in butt clench mode at that point it might be the least of our worries.

Well now it's been delayed
About me
Man is free at the instant he wants to be-Voltaire
Think for yourself & let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too― Voltaire
We know more about the surface of the moon than the deep oceans of our own planet-Alastair Fothergill
If we do not become active partners in crafting the policies that involve & affect our work, it will be done without our insight, reason & wisdom-Rita R Colwell
The God of the Bible is also the God of the genome. He can be worshipped in the cathedral or in the laboratory. His creation is majestic, awesome, intricate, & beautiful-Francis Collins
It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right & wrong-Jeremy Bentham

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:09 am

Stanmenistan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:They have affirmed that it's staying put. There was speculation that they'd move it to The Eternal's spot in November (after James Bond moved there) but Marvel went 'nah, we cool' and the released trailer still had the regular release date.

Well now it's been delayed

And the theaters are closed and the grocery stores are empty, so it is kind of the least of our worries.

It's alright, I finally pulled the trigger on Amazon Prime and there are soooooo many racing movies. I saw the Blonde Comet for fuck's sake.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm

New haven america wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Not really.

As long as they intend to kill Thanos off personally, his motives are unimportant. The three storylines I know comics Thanos from most are Infinity (where the Black Order were introduced), the Cancerverse arc and Time Runs Out.

In Infinity, Thanos' whole thing is that he demands a cull to disguise that he's just trying to murder one specific biological child + gather the infinity stones iirc. This would actually be a really cool thing to play out because it's part of the whole T''Challa vs Namor thing... Thanos is told to go to Wakanda by Namor. But to do this in the MCU? They stole much of what happened in IW and Endgame from this series. Obviously, the Black Order were created for this and the way Thanos leans on them to achieve his aims is pretty much the way things work in Infinity. The big confrontation in Wakanda plays out differently, but it's still there. People don't seem to have grasped that MCU Thanos was an arrogant liar who was everything he said he wasn't, so I don't see them deciding to present such an obviously duplicitous Thanos when they can instead keep smelling the fumes of "the next iconic cinematic baddie" by leaving Thanos alone.

MCU Thanos would be difficult to put into the Cancerverse storyline since the whole point of that is he acts as an Avatar of Death able to bring Death to the Cancerverse. It's actually quite cool but, honestly, MCU Thanos is way too much of a weakling to make it work even ignoring the complete lack of association with Death.

Time Runs Out is really the only one of these storylines that makes sense with MCU Thanos. Blowing up planets to save the entire universe? I mean, Christ, it's basically just the same motive that MCU Thanos already had, right? But... is it worth resurrecting Thanos just for Times Runs Out? Not at all. For this storyline he can be replaced by anyone really. Blastarr. J'Son (with a power upgrade... maybe he can be another of Ego's kids, actually... or, better yet, Quill's). Annihilus. Ord. A resurrected MCU Ronan. Deathbird. Several different Skrull characters. (I know two of them are negative zone characters rather than cosmic but whatever.) Hell, you could pull on a more morally ambiguous character like a comics authentic Ronan, Gladiator, the original Super Skrull, or Skaar (well, I doubt we'll meet Skaar). Shit, Vulcan would work.

But changing Galactus is different. What makes him interesting is that he's driven by his hunger. That he's this implacable and seemingly invincible being that might cause the Skrulls to flee an Earth they turned into a gladiator planet for holidaymaking (it's from a really cool... and tragic... Exiles arc; Exiles is awesome, incidentally). That he's got these sometimes tormented/tragic heralds like the Silver Surfer as well as psychotic ones like Terrax (who works with Thanos in Time Runs Out already, hence why he can't fill in for Thanos). And the idea of the Surfer is compromised by making Galactus other than this... the most intriguing part of the Silver Surfer is "what makes a clearly not irredeemable person work for a world eating zombie?"

And for all they changed Thanos they only managed three proper films out of him. Most of it is that he's associated with a bunch of different items that are conveniently able to be used several times... and only one of which was really ever important (i.e. the Tesseract) instead of just being the "quest item" for that film. If they want to imitate that structure... just use the Heralds instead of the Infinity Stones.

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Little early for the Silver Surfer isn't it? Can't have them already bringing Galactus in so soon after Thanos got taken care of.
Fox managed it in one movie. They could have Galactus show up in a later movie, but you'd already know he's not going to eat devour Earth.

Forsher wrote:Galactus is basically a zombie. Most you can do with him is have him show up and eat someone or something you don't care about, then either have the main characters die or win.
Or he kills somebody we do care about because it's hist last movie and someone else will take up the hammer.

I don't think there are many Asgardians left outside of the ones on Earth unless Odin banished some. Which is very likely just as killing an entire species when he was conquering worlds with Hela.

Galactus is way too OP for serving the function of killing off MCU Thor and killing MCU Thor is probably too big a headache if they're going to redeem the Surfer... a million is a statistic type thing.

There are a number of Asgardian characters that are pretty... sketchy to evil. The one that makes the most sense would be Odin's brother, whose name I've forgotten. It would be quite plausible to have him be banished with Hela. The problem is that it's hard to see how he fits in with "Love and Thunder". Unless he's one of Valkyrie's exes... Dario Agger at least makes sense if we assume Jane is the "Love" part (although I really, really do not want to see Jane/Thor again; terrible relationship).

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 am

Who at Marvel thought any of this was a good idea?

Let's see, we have the African American non-binary twins named Snowflake and Safespace (Probably because Vanilla Ice and That's my Purse I don't Know You! were already taken), a Hispanic girl wearing purple and has a backpack that can store anything (Do-Do-Do-Do-Dora!), an annoying memelord and Cyclops wannabe who got his powers from the "Internet Gas", and Damian Morbius.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 am

New haven america wrote:Who at Marvel thought any of this was a good idea?

Let's see, we have the African American non-binary twins named Snowflake and Safespace (Probably because Vanilla Ice and That's my Purse I don't Know You! were already taken), a Hispanic girl wearing purple and has a backpack that can store anything (Do-Do-Do-Do-Dora!), an annoying memelord and Cyclops wannabe who got his powers from the "Internet Gas", and Damian Morbius.

Probably the same people who decided to have in comic panels attacking their own readers. Marvel is not in the habit of employing geniuses.

It's not even true, anyway. Xavin was definitely non-binary.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 am

...Wow.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Insert Giant Size X-men joke here.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
Want to talk about your favourite western animations? Do it here!
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

N7eternia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby N7eternia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:42 pm

This is pathetic and hilarious.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010

Postby Myrensis » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Every once in a while I think to myself, "Maybe I should check out some Marvel comics.", and then I see stuff like this and the impulse is smothered in the crib.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:

Insert Giant Size X-men joke here.

While this is a completely fair reaction to Myrensis' position (and from a cursory glance at the links in the bottom of the article), suggesting that a team featuring Snowflake (and even Safespace) is the same as this is ridiculous.

This is more like the character Jim in Dumbo.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 am

Forsher wrote:Galactus is way too OP for serving the function of killing off MCU Thor and killing MCU Thor is probably too big a headache if they're going to redeem the Surfer... a million is a statistic type thing.
The Surfer without Galactus is also a possibility, though I don't see them starting with that in the movies.

There are a number of Asgardian characters that are pretty... sketchy to evil. The one that makes the most sense would be Odin's brother, whose name I've forgotten. It would be quite plausible to have him be banished with Hela. The problem is that it's hard to see how he fits in with "Love and Thunder". Unless he's one of Valkyrie's exes... Dario Agger at least makes sense if we assume Jane is the "Love" part (although I really, really do not want to see Jane/Thor again; terrible relationship).

Cul? Could be but wouldn't that be a bit like Hela again?
I guess Jane is both the love and thunder part as she will become the goddess of Thunder. Maybe that means Thor will become Thor Allfather (and herald of Galactus).

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Forsher wrote:Galactus is way too OP for serving the function of killing off MCU Thor and killing MCU Thor is probably too big a headache if they're going to redeem the Surfer... a million is a statistic type thing.
The Surfer without Galactus is also a possibility, though I don't see them starting with that in the movies.

Cul? Could be but wouldn't that be a bit like Hela again?
I guess Jane is both the love and thunder part as she will become the goddess of Thunder. Maybe that means Thor will become Thor Allfather (and herald of Galactus).

I can definitely see them doing the Surfer without Galactus as a first movie. I imagine a first appearance would be with someone like Yon-Rogg, Talos or the Golden People (hell, maybe even Carol) who know the Surfer is a Herald being freaked out. This would then translate into an edgy movie where there's always this unspoken/hinted threat of Galactus over the horizon (as it were), but the actual plot of the film would focus on the Surfer. Then you'd get the Surfer prequel/backstory film where we do actually meet Galactus. And then you'd have the Galactus film.

So, from the perspective of the naive viewer it'd be a "sympathetic character that's mistrusted for some reason people don't want to bring up" followed by a "oh, shieet, that's why he was like that" and finally "holy shit, I've got no idea if he is going to help or not?"

You could even pad things a bit further. I've love a metallic Doom in a FF Lost in Space story to be mistaken for the Silver Surfer (because grey and silver aren't so different if you're terrified). This would then add a "this character is way more sympathetic than the early teases suggested" dynamic to that first film.

With Cul (thanks for the name btw)...

The similar part would be that Cul was locked away. Cul's actual plan would be, I guess, a bit more like Discworld's gods? Finding avatars/mortal agents via his hammers for his own amusement. Hela was locked away and was really into being a goddess, but she was very much about conquering places. Cul would be more evocative of a cross between Blonsky and the Grandmaster, I think. (But this would crimp Cyttorak if they did Juggernaut justice.)

With Jane... I think Marvel understands that Foster!Thor was never as popular a character as she should have been because they called her Thor. I suspect that what they'll do is power Jane up Cap/Vision style and if she gets a superhero identity it'd be like Night Monkey (i.e. off the news). And, hopefully, they'll pair her with Valkyrie to avoid the Thor/Jane problem, give Valkyrie a good reason to be in the film and allow for further negotiation of Thor's identity.

I'd like to see Thor throw a hissy fit & run off, get manipulated by someone, have Jane & Valkyrie go to rescue him and then unleash the Mangog. The Mangog is, of course, too powerful to beat even with the three of them, but they can trap it again. Thor wises up after all his IW/Endgame responsibility shirking and sacrifices his arm to bind the Mangog away (instead of making Valkyrie do it). Up until the final battle this is a plot quite conducive to comedy because there's a slightly absurd air to it: Thor's reaction is immature and selfish, which allows for a potentially quite camp villain to manipulate him into freeing the Mangog (whether as a direct part of the plan or in order to achieve some random trivial aim, e.g. the Mangog is blocking access to oil reserves if Agger is one of the baddies... it's the MCU, there's always two bad guys).

Hell, we can turn Justin Hammer into Agger if we want. Everyone wants the dance back.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014

Postby Xmara » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:18 pm

So, my spring break started last week, and with school now being relegated to online only for the rest of the semester, I've been stuck at home. I decided to check out the MCU movies on Disney+, starting with Iron Man.

I have since watched most of the MCU movies that Disney+ has (except Captain Marvel, which I plan to watch tomorrow, and Endgame, which I won't watch until they put Infinity War on there).
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Neibolt
Civilian

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Neibolt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:08 am

Bro, I'm kind of upset over the fact that X-men is pretty much done but then MCU took it and now all the cool actors won't be a part of it and...*sighs*...

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:23 am

Neibolt wrote:Bro, I'm kind of upset over the fact that X-men is pretty much done but then MCU took it and now all the cool actors won't be a part of it and...*sighs*...

tbh fox had run it into the ground

I didn't hate Apocalypse or Dark Phoenix as much as everyone else did, but if you're on a 3½-year release cycle you have got to release 10/10s every time. It's now been six years since the last good X-Men movie. Time to let go.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Actor fatigue is also a thing - I understand that Hugh Jackman was getting a bit tired of the movies near the end.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction