NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Welcome to Ameri’s unique brand of ‘fandom.’

Well sorry I'm not jumping up and down for one of the B-team Avengers getting her own movie.

There it is...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:21 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Forsher wrote:a court case against Peter
And he's being represented by Matt Murdock, obviously.

This would be best if they did use Kingpin. I was thinking Jennifer Walters, frankly.

• Doctor Strange reveals that he's worried Peter might be tempted by Mephisto, an enemy he (Strange) has sworn to fight... but Stephen's so arrogant and patronising he makes it easier for Mephisto to sway Peter when he shows up later
  • Mephisto shows up, Peter makes a deal, Peter realises the deal is terrible and tries to get help from Doctor Strange who, due to the deal, has no idea who he is... and because of Peter's actions earlier in the film Electro is still after Peter Parker (independently of knowing Peter is Spidey) so possibly Doctor Strange attacks Peter as well
  • Doctor Strange shows up and offers a magical way out... claiming that there is a high cost to the solution

I can't really see the first one working as they already know each other and Spider-Man knows it was Dr. Strange who had the plan to defeat Thanos so he'd probably listen anyway.

I dunno... Strange's plan did create the Blip and got Tony killed.

The second option would introduce demons and hell into the MCU, I guess that's something that'll happen eventually (new Ghost Rider set up perhaps). For the third the cost could be that Spider-Man moves to a new reality where he's unknown, thereby getting him into the Sony-verse.

I don't know if the Sony-verse is the way to go, honestly. I feel like bringing in old Sony actors is a deliberate strategy on Disney's part to say to Sony, "Look we're committed to helping you benefit financially". Opening the doors to crossovers between them... seems better (although, honestly, in this film I feel like doing this will just be a way to cheaply sidestep an identity reveal AGAIN).
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well sorry I'm not jumping up and down for one of the B-team Avengers getting her own movie.

There it is...

Hey skippy, you brought this up by quoting a post from almost a month ago. So don't try and take that dismissive attitude with me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:There it is...

Hey skippy, you brought this up by quoting a post from almost a month ago. So don't try and take that dismissive attitude with me.

That was the other poster.

Treciene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Not especially, no.

ok

CTOAN just followed up on it.

Non critical fans aren't true fans anyway.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Uh dude...I responded to something posted four hours ago. You really need to relax.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:13 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Well sorry I'm not jumping up and down for one of the B-team Avengers getting her own movie.

There it is...

Anyone wanna tell him that most Marvel properties Disney bought was the B-D list stuff?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 pm

New haven america wrote:

Anyone wanna tell him that most Marvel properties Disney bought was the B-D list stuff?

There was an article all the way back in 2006 or 2007 or so when Marvel had just announced that they were going to do the shared universe and Variety or Hollywood Reporter asking if Marvel could make a go of it with b and c list characters like Iron Man and Captain America, figuring that they had sold off the only properties anyone would care about, the X-Men, Spider-man, and the Fantastic Four. At the time Captain America had had two at bats that were awful and The Hulk was widely panned. It seems weird now to think of Iron Man as anything other than the top tier character, but the MCU did that. Iron Man didn’t penetrate outside the comic book shop until they dug up an actor that was hard to insure and made both Iron Man and RDJ juggernauts.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:12 pm

New haven america wrote:Anyone wanna tell him that most Marvel properties Disney bought was the B-D list stuff?

There was an article all the way back in 2006 or 2007 or so when Marvel had just announced that they were going to do the shared universe and Variety or Hollywood Reporter asking if Marvel could make a go of it with b and c list characters like Iron Man and Captain America, figuring that they had sold off the only properties anyone would care about, the X-Men, Spider-man, and the Fantastic Four. At the time Captain America had had two at bats that were awful and The Hulk was widely panned. It seems weird now to think of Iron Man as anything other than the top tier character, but the MCU did that. Iron Man didn’t penetrate outside the comic book shop until they dug up an actor that was hard to insure and made both Iron Man and RDJ juggernauts.

And now it's the reverse. Iron Man and Cap are beloved heroes of this generation while no one gives a shit about The F4 or X-Men, and Spider-Man's seen as having a 2 decades long identity crisis.
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 pm

New haven america wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:There was an article all the way back in 2006 or 2007 or so when Marvel had just announced that they were going to do the shared universe and Variety or Hollywood Reporter asking if Marvel could make a go of it with b and c list characters like Iron Man and Captain America, figuring that they had sold off the only properties anyone would care about, the X-Men, Spider-man, and the Fantastic Four. At the time Captain America had had two at bats that were awful and The Hulk was widely panned. It seems weird now to think of Iron Man as anything other than the top tier character, but the MCU did that. Iron Man didn’t penetrate outside the comic book shop until they dug up an actor that was hard to insure and made both Iron Man and RDJ juggernauts.

And now it's the reverse. Iron Man and Cap are beloved heroes of this generation and no one gives a shit about The F4 or X-Men, and Spider-Man's seen as having a 2 decades long identity crisis.

Meanwhile Guardians of the fucking Galaxy are household names. That as a deep cut even for comic book folk.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Meanwhile Guardians of the fucking Galaxy are household names. That as a deep cut even for comic book folk.

I remember I'd never heard of them before they showed up on an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Meanwhile Guardians of the fucking Galaxy are household names. That as a deep cut even for comic book folk.

I remember I'd never heard of them before they showed up on an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

I knew Rocket Racoon and vaguely knew Starlord. Legit thought Nebula was a good guy. I might have seen the title but it certainly never registered with me. But I was never that into space Marvel.

I was more mutant marvel and 'street' Marvel like Daredevil, Power Man and Iron Fist, Moon Knight and thanks to Ghost Rider some supernatural Marvel.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 am

Woah, let's slow our roll here guys.

Sure, people hadn't heard of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye... and would've thought of Norse Mythology with Thor so he doesn't count either... but that doesn't make these characters even B-listers. They were, and are, the foundational Avengers... Cap and Iron Man were the primary characters in the major crossover of the century (sure, it was six years into the century but still). They were, within the comics, the A list. Even more so, in some ways, the X-Men and Spider-Man (who were, it must be said, better known).

(Hulk, of course, had a reasonably famous movie... sure it bombed, but it was a $250m gross/$137m budget bomb... and a very popular TV show.)

Even the Guardians who were... and kind of still are... comics B-listers, had been part of the MAJOR cosmic storylines years before Nicole Perlman wrote the first script and chose the characters to use. That last part is notable because she went with the Star Lord team from those big cosmic runs rather than the "original" Guardians.

The first characters that are genuinely unimportant in the comics AND unknowns are the Eternals and, in some ways, Shang Chi. Because you just can't tell me that characters whose closest involvement to a major crossover event were two issues in Pak's The Incredible Hercules (and Ajak's ongoing appearance in the God Squad arc of the same) matter in any way whatsoever (Ajak is actually co-opted as a member of the, iirc, Aztec Pantheon, which I think should drive home the sheer irrelevance of the Eternals). The bad guy in that was a Skrull Eternal, by the way, and he was more important than the Eternals cast (aside from Ajak, but we've covered that). (The Eternals of Titan are, yes, related but even they only matter insofar as Thanos is one of them.)

It's remarkable to have had such a success with characters that aren't household names, sure, but the shared universe part was, realistically, a gimme. All they had to do was just get the characters into the consciousness... the centrality of the cast to the comics would do the rest (which is probably why most shared universes fail, they don't have the framework in place beforehand... the DCEU isn't a failure, it's just not as successful).

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:29 am

Maybe, but I've never touched a Marcel comic in my life. I know it from the cartoons on Fox Kids and that was Spider-Man and the X-men, the Iron Man cartoon was also shown once or twice and I remember seeing some of the Silver Surfer cartoon. The Spider-Man cartoon had cameos of Iron Man (and War Machine), the X-men, F4 Captain America and the assorted villians. So to me Spider-Man and the X-men are A-list and the rest is B-list (and I only heard of the Guardians when they got a movie).

Forsher wrote:
HC Eredivisie wrote:And he's being represented by Matt Murdock, obviously.

This would be best if they did use Kingpin. I was thinking Jennifer Walters, frankly.
And somebody being careless with gamma radiation or is that for a later movie?

I can't really see the first one working as they already know each other and Spider-Man knows it was Dr. Strange who had the plan to defeat Thanos so he'd probably listen anyway.

I dunno... Strange's plan did create the Blip and got Tony killed
It did undo the Snap, that's the most important thing. Unless Strange lied about the only possible way and just really really hated Tony.

The second option would introduce demons and hell into the MCU, I guess that's something that'll happen eventually (new Ghost Rider set up perhaps). For the third the cost could be that Spider-Man moves to a new reality where he's unknown, thereby getting him into the Sony-verse.

I don't know if the Sony-verse is the way to go, honestly. I feel like bringing in old Sony actors is a deliberate strategy on Disney's part to say to Sony, "Look we're committed to helping you benefit financially". Opening the doors to crossovers between them... seems better (although, honestly, in this film I feel like doing this will just be a way to cheaply sidestep an identity reveal AGAIN).
The Sony-verse is just two Spider-Man movies and Venom, the previous movies would be alternate realities. That's at least what I was thinking.

HC Eredivisie wrote:And he's being represented by Matt Murdock, obviously.

Is Electro going to be Electro from the previous movie or a new version with the same actor?

Before he was told he said too much and had to delete his Instagram photo, he stressed that he will not be blue.

You know that that means...green tights. And the lightning headpiece, baby!!!

That will not happen. But it seems same but different in the same way as J Jonah Jameson. I think they maybe wanted someone to tie over from Amazing Spider-man since they had someone to tie in from Raimi Spider-man.

The photo where he said he wouldn’t be blue featured three Spider-men staring at a sky with blue lightning. One even looked like it had Andrew Garfield hair.

Three Spider-Men? :blink:
I'm also constantly confusing Electro with Shocker
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Maybe, but I've never touched a Marcel comic in my life. I know it from the cartoons on Fox Kids and that was Spider-Man and the X-men, the Iron Man cartoon was also shown once or twice and I remember seeing some of the Silver Surfer cartoon. The Spider-Man cartoon had cameos of Iron Man (and War Machine), the X-men, F4 Captain America and the assorted villians. So to me Spider-Man and the X-men are A-list and the rest is B-list (and I only heard of the Guardians when they got a movie).

If you have Disney+, that Silver Surfer cartoon is amazing. They went full Jack Kirby.

And yes, our long winded friend has forgotten that we're talking not about comic book fans, but wider cultural penetration.
HC Eredivisie wrote:
Forsher wrote:
And somebody being careless with gamma radiation or is that for a later movie?

I dunno... Strange's plan did create the Blip and got Tony killed
It did undo the Snap, that's the most important thing. Unless Strange lied about the only possible way and just really really hated Tony.

Plot twist!
HC Eredivisie wrote:

The Sony-verse is just two Spider-Man movies and Venom, the previous movies would be alternate realities. That's at least what I was thinking.

Yes, more or less. But if theaters ever become a thing again we'll also get a Morbius movie and a second Venom movie and I guess they're working on a Kraven movie.

If Electro crosses over, Sony has what they have been wishing for all the way back to Raimi, the Sinister Six. Vulture, Morbius, the Shocker was last left webbed to a school bus, Scorpion was the the guy who got arrested on the ferry and asked Toombs about who Spider-man was. Electro, natch. And Venom. They could have Mysterio, too...as he is a notorious faker.
HC Eredivisie wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Before he was told he said too much and had to delete his Instagram photo, he stressed that he will not be blue.

You know that that means...green tights. And the lightning headpiece, baby!!!

That will not happen. But it seems same but different in the same way as J Jonah Jameson. I think they maybe wanted someone to tie over from Amazing Spider-man since they had someone to tie in from Raimi Spider-man.

The photo where he said he wouldn’t be blue featured three Spider-men staring at a sky with blue lightning. One even looked like it had Andrew Garfield hair.

Three Spider-Men? :blink:

Toby, Andrew, Tom.

It was a contextless painting, it could just be something he thought was cool. Following up, yeah, I think he just grabbed some fan art. That's way more likely than he snapped a picture of concept art and shared it. He's not new to film or even superhero movies.

HC Eredivisie wrote:I'm also constantly confusing Electro with Shocker

Honestly I like the Shocker more but with the Spidey sense making your punches kick more don't matter as much. But I came from the era of Electro in the green suit and lightning bolt headpiece. Also, he was always beaten by being dispersed in water.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:25 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:I'm also constantly confusing Electro with Shocker

Someone say Shocker?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:And yes, our long winded friend has forgotten that we're talking not about comic book fans, but wider cultural penetration.

Stop fucking lying.

Forsher wrote:Woah, let's slow our roll here guys.

Sure, people hadn't heard of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye... and would've thought of Norse Mythology with Thor so he doesn't count either... but that doesn't make these characters even B-listers.

The first characters that are genuinely unimportant in the comics AND unknowns are the Eternals and, in some ways, Shang Chi.

It's remarkable to have had such a success with characters that aren't household names, sure, but the shared universe part was, realistically, a gimme.

You've been making bullshit up about me and what I've said ever since that Spider-Woman argument and as far as we know... everything I said was 100% accurate.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 am

Forsher wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:And yes, our long winded friend has forgotten that we're talking not about comic book fans, but wider cultural penetration.

Stop fucking lying.

Forsher wrote:Woah, let's slow our roll here guys.

Sure, people hadn't heard of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye... and would've thought of Norse Mythology with Thor so he doesn't count either... but that doesn't make these characters even B-listers.

The first characters that are genuinely unimportant in the comics AND unknowns are the Eternals and, in some ways, Shang Chi.

It's remarkable to have had such a success with characters that aren't household names, sure, but the shared universe part was, realistically, a gimme.

You've been making bullshit up about me and what I've said ever since that Spider-Woman argument and as far as we know... everything I said was 100% accurate.

Well...back to ignore with you. You need to relax, dude.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:24 am

Forsher wrote:
Stop fucking lying.

Well...back to ignore with you. You need to relax, dude.

You're literally just making up shit. Expect to be called on it.

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:27 am

Forsher wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Well...back to ignore with you. You need to relax, dude.

You're literally just making up shit. Expect to be called on it.

You went from telling everyone to calm down to attacking people
Pro: right-wing, -life, military, police, guns, capitalism, democracy, LGBT, there's more but I can't currently think of them.
Anti: Left-wing, -choice, racial injustice, Democrats, communism, socialism, liberal, social, there's also more but I can't think of them right now.
"Looking at the rain people!" - Dion
Long Live Harry Potter
Πρέπει να είμαστε ένα με τον εαυτό μας, όχι με τον κόσμο. Πρέπει να καταλάβουμε τον εαυτό μας πριν καταλάβουμε τους άλλους.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Comic book movies is serious buzinus guiz...I guess.

Aaaaanyway. Apparently someone asked someone about the Toby Andrew Tom idea and it’s ’uncomfirmed.’
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Comic book movies is serious buzinus guiz...I guess.

Aaaaanyway. Apparently someone asked someone about the Toby Andrew Tom idea and it’s ’uncomfirmed.’

It's a great idea and they'll find a way to make it work.
Pro: right-wing, -life, military, police, guns, capitalism, democracy, LGBT, there's more but I can't currently think of them.
Anti: Left-wing, -choice, racial injustice, Democrats, communism, socialism, liberal, social, there's also more but I can't think of them right now.
Long Live Harry Potter
Πρέπει να είμαστε ένα με τον εαυτό μας, όχι με τον κόσμο. Πρέπει να καταλάβουμε τον εαυτό μας πριν καταλάβουμε τους άλλους.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:06 pm

United Hemand Insia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Comic book movies is serious buzinus guiz...I guess.

Ideally the best way that works is as a surprise, and it would be such a hard secret to keep. Well, unless it’s unrelated cameos.

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Ideally the best way that works is as a surprise, and it would be such a hard secret to keep. Well, unless it’s unrelated cameos.

They could add different dimensions into it like they did with Miles.
Long Live Harry Potter

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Ideally the best way that works is as a surprise, and it would be such a hard secret to keep. Well, unless it’s unrelated cameos.

Well, I think that’s what’s on everyone’s wishlist. But that story is best as a surprise, but once you’re filming stunt doubles and different costumes that will leak eventually. It wouldn’t ruin it, really, if that’s the way they want to go. We’ll have to see...obviously, I guess. THat’s a meaningless statement.

I’m more team no Spider-verse only because Into the Spider-verse was so beautiful. I kind of want that to remain separate, like, good job Sony. Mostly animated Marvel kind of sucks but this was beautiful. You keep doing these and let Marvel do the live action stuff and you both still get to drive truck loads of money to the bank.

They don’t likely see it that way.

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Well, I think that’s what’s on everyone’s wishlist. But that story is best as a surprise, but once you’re filming stunt doubles and different costumes that will leak eventually. It wouldn’t ruin it, really, if that’s the way they want to go. We’ll have to see...obviously, I guess. THat’s a meaningless statement.

I’m more team no Spider-verse only because Into the Spider-verse was so beautiful. I kind of want that to remain separate, like, good job Sony. Mostly animated Marvel kind of sucks but this was beautiful. You keep doing these and let Marvel do the live action stuff and you both still get to drive truck loads of money to the bank.

They don’t likely see it that way.

True, plus we have the sequel of ITSV in 2022 so I think they should purposely leak some license plate numbers because the director loves to use license plate easter eggs. That'd be a smart move in my opinion. I don't think that Spiderman should leave the MCU because it's such a prolific franchise. Although we do have Spiderman in Marvel for at least another SM and Avengers movie, I really hope the deal falls through again if Sony makes another offer after the agreement is up.
Last edited by United Hemand Insia on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live Harry Potter

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction