NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Coryanhafflaruda wrote:I wonder what would happen if they go for a Superior Spider-Man story..

That was the one where they swapped brains, right?

Swapped brains, and then Peter-in-Otto's-body died (I think), and Otto attempted to actually be Spider-Man (just violently).

Coryanhafflaruda
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Coryanhafflaruda » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That was the one where they swapped brains, right?

Swapped brains, and then Peter-in-Otto's-body died (I think), and Otto attempted to actually be Spider-Man (just violently).

That would be a cool story, it would probably be setted up after the sinister 6 movie.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:30 am

Coryanhafflaruda wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Swapped brains, and then Peter-in-Otto's-body died (I think), and Otto attempted to actually be Spider-Man (just violently).

That would be a cool story, it would probably be setted up after the sinister 6 movie.

I’d rather have Kraven’s Last Hunt which also has a villain taking over for Spider-man and you can’t do that twice.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Coryanhafflaruda
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Coryanhafflaruda » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:35 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Coryanhafflaruda wrote:That would be a cool story, it would probably be setted up after the sinister 6 movie.

I’d rather have Kraven’s Last Hunt which also has a villain taking over for Spider-man and you can’t do that twice.

That would probably be interesting too

But if they need to be comic-accurate they could introduce the venom symbiote but I'm not sure if they're gonna do that

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Coryanhafflaruda wrote:That would be a cool story, it would probably be setted up after the sinister 6 movie.

As much as I like the Superior Spider-man, that's both better suited to a single film and involves a character that hasn't yet been brought to screen.

Superior Spider-man also has this whole thing where Otto tries to make every aspect of Peter's life better but since the MCU hasn't adapted the Parker luck, there isn't really much point to doing this part since Peter hasn't failed with his personal goals for Peter due to being Spider-man (if anything, being Spider-man has helped them).

That being said, I do think you can do both since they're not that similar, especially if you had the Superior Spider-man lean into Otto's decision to get Peter his PhD, to date Anna Maria and so forth... which is similarly related to Otto's becoming a better person and decision that Peter was ultimately better. Kraven's Last Hunt has a quite different arc for both Peter and Kraven. However, so much set up is needed for Superior Spider-man. You need to have had a Goblin storyline already, you need Peter to have a secret identity (which Kraven's Last Hunt works much more easily with) and you need Peter to have tried and failed with his personal ambitions and relationships. Literally none of that is true in the MCU.

Well... you don't need a Goblin storyline per se, it's just useful. The point is that it sort of feels natural in a nine film storyline, which is a long time to rely on Sony and Disney getting along. For example:

• Homecoming
  • Far From Home
  • Sinister Six --> something like One More Day, which fixes Peter's Secret Identity problem and causes a break up with MJ (I really think this film should be called "Can't Go Home Again")
  • Kraven's Last Hunt... although I'd honestly put Black Cat in here, but I'm not sure how much the story would change if Kraven arrested Felicity instead of Vermin and then Peter ultimately doesn't recapture her (instead of ultimately figuring out a way of capturing Vermin)
  • A classic Doc Ock as villain storyline a la Raimi 2, but this time we kill off Aunt May (or Happy?)
  • Actually... I'm not sure what exactly to do with this one... some villain we haven't seen on screen before would be best. (Mr Negative would be good but since Aunt May was alive then, maybe kill her off in this one? Given I want to do Dead No More, the Kingpin would actually be a good option too.)
  • The Superior Spider-man Storyline... Otto founds Parker Industries... and I would change it up so that Black Cat actually helps Peter regain his body (rather than Otto changing as a person since obviously no Goblins here)
  • Oscorp vs Parker Industries; Peter reunites with MJ
  • The Jackal resurrects people storyline... May comes back (except she doesn't, not really)... end with a wedding, tease May-Day.

I would also like to see this storyline with Wolverine, which sort of leans into how I want to take Superior Spider-man as sort of a spin-off film.
Last edited by Forsher on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:04 am

So, baring the 'anything can happen' nature of this year, this Friday New Mutants is going to real and for true hit theaters.

Or so I'm led to believe, theaters in my area won't be open because mid-pandemic everyone ran to the beach and like, licked each other or some shit. For the first time in a while a comic book movie will be out that I haven't seen in the first week or so.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:So, baring the 'anything can happen' nature of this year, this Friday New Mutants is going to real and for true hit theaters.

Or so I'm led to believe, theaters in my area won't be open because mid-pandemic everyone ran to the beach and like, licked each other or some shit. For the first time in a while a comic book movie will be out that I haven't seen in the first week or so.

Clearly, this was all Disney's master plan to have someone to blame for low box office other than the terrible movie that they were contractually obligated to release :p

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:02 am

Yeah, this reeks of them saying "Fuck it, shove it out there and get it over with".
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Critics won't review the movie because Disney can't make going to the theater safe. I wonder if Disney is going, "Yeaaaaahhhh...let is get right on that. What we super want is reviews of New Mutants out there..."

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Critics won't review the movie because Disney can't make going to the theater safe. I wonder if Disney is going, "Yeaaaaahhhh...let is get right on that. What we super want is reviews of New Mutants out there..."

Of course on the other hand, for people who actually have open theaters nearby, how many of them are going to particularly care what the movie is, so long as it's new? :p

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Critics won't review the movie because Disney can't make going to the theater safe. I wonder if Disney is going, "Yeaaaaahhhh...let is get right on that. What we super want is reviews of New Mutants out there..."

Of course on the other hand, for people who actually have open theaters nearby, how many of them are going to particularly care what the movie is, so long as it's new? :p

I care. While I have missed going to the movies, I'm not running out to see New Mutants.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:09 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Of course on the other hand, for people who actually have open theaters nearby, how many of them are going to particularly care what the movie is, so long as it's new? :p

I care. While I have missed going to the movies, I'm not running out to see New Mutants.

Fair ( of course, you're not what I would consider an average moviegoer)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 am

What is it, like 10am on the east coast? Still an hour or two for New Mutants to get pulled from its release date again.

I can't see it because masks something something freedom or some bullshit so theaters are still closed.
Lord Dominator wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I care. While I have missed going to the movies, I'm not running out to see New Mutants.

Ameri being aggressively against something is hardly man bites dog news.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:47 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:What is it, like 10am on the east coast? Still an hour or two for New Mutants to get pulled from its release date again.

I can't see it because masks something something freedom or some bullshit so theaters are still closed.

Interesting, my local theater is still open (with social distancing and masks) - even has New Mutants to go along with whichever old movie (currently ET) they dug out in order to have something playing.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:What is it, like 10am on the east coast? Still an hour or two for New Mutants to get pulled from its release date again.

Interesting, my local theater is still open (with social distancing and masks) - even has New Mutants to go along with whichever old movie (currently ET) they dug out in order to have something playing.

We apparently couldn’t wait a week or two to go to the beach so our infection rates are too high.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I care. While I have missed going to the movies, I'm not running out to see New Mutants.

...I can't tell if that was a dig at me or not.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Fair ( of course, you're not what I would consider an average moviegoer)

...I can't tell if that was a dig at me or not.

Not intended as such, at least :p

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Fair ( of course, you're not what I would consider an average moviegoer)

Ameri being aggressively against something is hardly man bites dog news.

Well honestley, that wasn't really aggressive, I won't be running to see it either. I'd rather see Wonder Woman 1984 and from the trailer that looks meh.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Ameri being aggressively against something is hardly man bites dog news.

I'd hardly call my dismissal of this movie aggressive. It's been delayed like 3 years and is part of a now dead movie universe/timeline.

Not being interested in that seem logical to me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Fucking hell, 2020. Hit my heart right in the dick, why don't you? Wakanda forever.
Last edited by Tarsonis on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:45 pm

It honestly feels unreal to think that Chadwick is dead. I had no idea he had been fighting colon cancer for the past 4 years. To think he did all that acting while fighting cancer is honestly incredible. Condolences to his friends and family.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Andsed wrote:It honestly feels unreal to think that Chadwick is dead. I had no idea he had been fighting colon cancer for the past 4 years. To think he did all that acting while fighting cancer is honestly incredible. Condolences to his friends and family.

wow u guys r fast, this news broke out 20 minutes ago! I had no idea the young man had cancer. Sad to see such a bright light snuffed out so early.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Well this is sad

No fucking way, man.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Andsed wrote:It honestly feels unreal to think that Chadwick is dead. I had no idea he had been fighting colon cancer for the past 4 years. To think he did all that acting while fighting cancer is honestly incredible. Condolences to his friends and family.

When I first read it I thought it was a mistake. A death hoax. But it's not.

I'm just in shock. I didn't even know he was sick. And it is amazing that he was able to play the role of Black Panther while battling cancer.

RIP
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction