NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Peter Capaldi will be in Suicide Squad. All Doctors go to comic book movies (3 Marvel, 1 DC).

Start trying to figure out what Jodi Whitaker will play when she's done being the Doctor.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Peter Capaldi will be in Suicide Squad. All Doctors go to comic book movies (3 Marvel, 1 DC).

Ooh, fun. I hope he's the villain.

Cannot think of a name wrote:Start trying to figure out what Jodi Whitaker will play when she's done being the Doctor.

Bet she'll find out soon, considering fuckface Chibnall is doing his best to kill it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Peter Capaldi will be in Suicide Squad. All Doctors go to comic book movies (3 Marvel, 1 DC).

Ooh, fun. I hope he's the villain.

My guess is bureaucratic villain.
Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Start trying to figure out what Jodi Whitaker will play when she's done being the Doctor.

Bet she'll find out soon, considering fuckface Chibnall is doing his best to kill it.

Eh, you hate everything.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Eh, you hate everything.

No, I hate a once fun show becoming an endless parade of preachy bullshit.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Ooh, fun. I hope he's the villain.

My guess is bureaucratic villain.
Ameriganastan wrote:

Eh, you hate everything.

There is something wrong with the current run of Doctor Who.

I mean, I wasn't really a fan of the Capaldi years but once I never once stopped watching in the middle of a series. This is not the case right now... still haven't finished the previous series. And I'm not really even annoyed by this... contrast Supernatural or The Walking Dead, which should tell you something because TWD is not good television at all. I think it's probably because the Doctor's the least interesting character and there are too many companions at the stage I'm at. There was some preachiness in that evil spider episode (or, rather, the not evil spider, hence the preachiness) so if that got dialled up, then maybe Ameri has a point. (I also maintain that dyeing Jodie Whitaker's hair was an error... it kind of cuts across the basic premise of regeneration in a way that makes you wonder if Chibnall actually even gets the show.)

Actually... I misspoke. I do want to finish the previous series so I can watch this video about what went wrong.
Last edited by Forsher on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Yes... they're still making MCU movies so why wouldn't it be?

Adam Warlock or is Thor 4 not GotG3?

Taika Waititi is directing Thor: Love and Thunder which will have Jane Foster Thor and maybe Christian Bale as a villain of some sort? Anyway, that.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be directed by James Gunn after Gunn was fired, went to direct Suicide Squad, then got hired again. That will feature Adam Warlock.

Aha, I thought it was one movie.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Will Illyana Rasputin show up in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? She was a sorceress in the comics.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
Want to talk about your favourite western animations? Do it here!
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:Will Illyana Rasputin show up in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? She was a sorceress in the comics.

She's in the New Mutants movie that will always be 'about to be released' but never released.

In so much as I think that In the Multiverse of Madness will set up a House of M style story where Scarlet Witch overclocks her powers and collapses the multiverse joining Mutants with the MCU, the likelihood that Magik specifically will be in it is slim. Yes, Scarlet Witch is a mutant, too, but she was shared with the Avengers and isn't a mutant (yet) in the MCU. Illyana is a mutant with team affiliations with the New Mutants and a featured role in the last Fox mutant movie.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Yes... they're still making MCU movies so why wouldn't it be?

Adam Warlock or is Thor 4 not GotG3?

Taika Waititi is directing Thor: Love and Thunder which will have Jane Foster Thor and maybe Christian Bale as a villain of some sort? Anyway, that.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be directed by James Gunn after Gunn was fired, went to direct Suicide Squad, then got hired again. That will feature Adam Warlock.

I thought GotG3 got re-cancelled
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 am

Cisairse wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Taika Waititi is directing Thor: Love and Thunder which will have Jane Foster Thor and maybe Christian Bale as a villain of some sort? Anyway, that.

The latest I read was that Gunn wouldn't start on it until Suicide Squad was finished.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/03/02/jam ... -finished/

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:Will Illyana Rasputin show up in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? She was a sorceress in the comics.

She's in the New Mutants movie that will always be 'about to be released' but never released.

In so much as I think that In the Multiverse of Madness will set up a House of M style story where Scarlet Witch overclocks her powers and collapses the multiverse joining Mutants with the MCU, the likelihood that Magik specifically will be in it is slim. Yes, Scarlet Witch is a mutant, too, but she was shared with the Avengers and isn't a mutant (yet) in the MCU. Illyana is a mutant with team affiliations with the New Mutants and a featured role in the last Fox mutant movie.

Yes, but part of Illyana's backstory is she was trapped in another dimension where time ran faster so she grew up more quickly. Out of any of the New Mutants characters, she is the one most likely to appear in the MCU portrayed by the same actress.
Last edited by Tokuopolis on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:58 pm

Cisairse wrote:

The latest I read was that Gunn wouldn't start on it until Suicide Squad was finished.

Feels like payback. They oust him for a bunch of old tweets, then come crawling back to him. I bet he's taking his time on Suicide Squad just to stick it to them.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:59 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The latest I read was that Gunn wouldn't start on it until Suicide Squad was finished.

Feels like payback. They oust him for a bunch of old tweets, then come crawling back to him. I bet he's taking his time on Suicide Squad just to stick it to them.

What's your take on Moviebob, Ameri? Just curious, as he agrees with you on this topic.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:06 am

Tokuopolis wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Feels like payback. They oust him for a bunch of old tweets, then come crawling back to him. I bet he's taking his time on Suicide Squad just to stick it to them.

What's your take on Moviebob, Ameri? Just curious, as he agrees with you on this topic.

Never heard of him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Master Primotav
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Master Primotav » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Feels like payback. They oust him for a bunch of old tweets, then come crawling back to him. I bet he's taking his time on Suicide Squad just to stick it to them.

He definitely is doing Suicide Squad first to stick it to Disney and Marvel Studios. Realistically I feel like it was more Disney's say than Marvel Studios. Disney has always been strict about who works for them. I don't blame Gunn for taking his time. If it was me I wouldn't want to work for someone who treated me like that. Yes what he tweeted was wrong but he also acknowledged that and apologized for it. The man knew it was a mistake. The thing is Disney thinks they breed talent. But I don't blame DC and WB for snagging Gunn. They need all the help they can get with the DCEU.
Darnoc Llork is the savior of Primotav
The Primotavien Empire is ever expanding their galactic empire
Join the Novian Galaxy for a true home

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:05 pm

Possible idea for a theoretical Iron Man 4: Tony after having his reactor removed builds the Rescue Armor for pepper to harness the energy she received after being kidnapped in Iron Man 3 and together with Pepper or by himself goes about a mission to defeat Boris Bullski aka Titanium Man set after Iron Man 3 and could tie in Black Widow to another movie.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Possible idea for a theoretical Iron Man 4: Tony after having his reactor removed builds the Rescue Armor for pepper to harness the energy she received after being kidnapped in Iron Man 3 and together with Pepper or by himself goes about a mission to defeat Boris Bullski aka Titanium Man set after Iron Man 3 and could tie in Black Widow to another movie.

In the MCU the Rescue armor came in while they were developing time travel. So that whole adventure would have to take place between when Rogers, Lang, Natasha came over and tried to convince him to help build the time machine and when Tony apparently uses a mobius strip to create a GPS in the quantum realm. It would also mean that after fighting Titanium Man alongside Tony Pepper went back to reading about mulch like nothing just happened.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:26 pm

The Master Primotav wrote:

He definitely is doing Suicide Squad first to stick it to Disney and Marvel Studios. Realistically I feel like it was more Disney's say than Marvel Studios. Disney has always been strict about who works for them. I don't blame Gunn for taking his time. If it was me I wouldn't want to work for someone who treated me like that. Yes what he tweeted was wrong but he also acknowledged that and apologized for it. The man knew it was a mistake. The thing is Disney thinks they breed talent. But I don't blame DC and WB for snagging Gunn. They need all the help they can get with the DCEU.

Alternatively, directing a high budget ensemble superhero movie is pretty time consuming and he feels like focusing on one job at a time.

Stanmenistan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanmenistan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm looking forward to the eventual MCU X-Men film.

While part of me knows and wants they are probably going to go with the original 5 X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Marvel Girl and Angel) plus maybe a few of the more famous and/or diverse members from later incarnations, another part of me wants them to go with obscure X-Men like Maggott, Marrow and Dazzler as it would stand out from the fox x-men movies and also work on a meta level if the characters have never seen or heard of mutants before.
About me
Man is free at the instant he wants to be-Voltaire
Think for yourself & let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too― Voltaire
We know more about the surface of the moon than the deep oceans of our own planet-Alastair Fothergill
If we do not become active partners in crafting the policies that involve & affect our work, it will be done without our insight, reason & wisdom-Rita R Colwell
The God of the Bible is also the God of the genome. He can be worshipped in the cathedral or in the laboratory. His creation is majestic, awesome, intricate, & beautiful-Francis Collins
It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right & wrong-Jeremy Bentham

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:40 am

Ameriganastan wrote:So there's a leak out there about Christian Bale in Thor 4. No name yet, but apparently he's gonna be the villain. An alien villain on top of that.

Rumor confirmed. Still no confirmation on which villain though.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:24 am

Stanmenistan wrote:I'm looking forward to the eventual MCU X-Men film.

While part of me knows and wants they are probably going to go with the original 5 X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Marvel Girl and Angel) plus maybe a few of the more famous and/or diverse members from later incarnations, another part of me wants them to go with obscure X-Men like Maggott, Marrow and Dazzler as it would stand out from the fox x-men movies and also work on a meta level if the characters have never seen or heard of mutants before.

If Spider-man is any indication they'll avoid retreading stories that were covered in the last 20 years by Fox. So we probably won't see a third attempt at Dark Phoenix etc. Maybe they'll do something along the lines of the Dawn of X storyline. I can't imagine they'll skip on the 'big one's like Wolverine and Cyclops and Jean Grey, but maybe give them more of a backseat to characters that haven't been done a bunch already.

Who knows. Maybe they'll just completely rejigger the characters and feel that's enough of a refresh.

In other news, how did I miss that Sam Raimi is rumored to be directing the Multiverse of Madness?

This news intrigues me.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:50 am

And...New Mutants has been delayed again. This time cause of the carona scare.

This poor movie. It just can't get released, can it? At this point, I'd just release it straight to DVD.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:24 am

Ameriganastan wrote:And...New Mutants has been delayed again. This time cause of the carona scare.

This poor movie. It just can't get released, can it? At this point, I'd just release it straight to DVD.

It's going to make a great story for all those youtube video essayists.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:59 am

Ameriganastan wrote:And...New Mutants has been delayed again. This time cause of the carona scare.

At this rate when it comes out they'll be the Old Mutants...HEY-O!

Tip your waitress...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction