NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Is this MCU or not? I am so lost.

Pretty sure it's not. Wikipedia says that the renegotiated Sony-Disney deal allowed Sony to use Spider-Man related MCU properties in its films. Sony has since cut all ties to the Amazing Spider-Man universe and is now making films in the Venom universe, which Morbius will be in (alongside the one guy from Into the Spider-Verse).
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Is this MCU or not? I am so lost.

Pretty sure it's not. Wikipedia says that the renegotiated Sony-Disney deal allowed Sony to use Spider-Man related MCU properties in its films. Sony has since cut all ties to the Amazing Spider-Man universe and is now making films in the Venom universe, which Morbius will be in (alongside the one guy from Into the Spider-Verse).

But, seeing as Toombs is in the movie, and Toombs' origin story is that he was dicked over by Tony Stark...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

But, seeing as Toombs is in the movie, and Toombs' origin story is that he was dicked over by Tony Stark...

It's almost like this is a multiverse where there can be different versions of the same character with different origin stories.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:But, seeing as Toombs is in the movie, and Toombs' origin story is that he was dicked over by Tony Stark...

It's almost like this is a multiverse where there can be different versions of the same character with different origin stories.

in relation to the multiverse I have a couple of theories

1.) is the Black Widow is not in fact dead but is alive and off world somewhere else maybe where ever Director Fury is in the FFH end credits and that the Black widow that died on Vormir is just another Skrull agent who felt like there was nothing left to lose after losing everything. and somehow Fury and Black Widow are pulling strings on something bigger that is not yet revealed.

2.) Iron Man will come back in the future but as an alternate version of himself from another Earth maybe even way more advanced due to the successful proliferation of his Iron man tech across his version of Earth.

3.) is that the multiple snaps of the Infinity gauntlet which create ripples that in turn create a Einstein Rosen bridge to other universes such as X-Men and Fantastic Four
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that Tony Stark will be in the movie.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:But, seeing as Toombs is in the movie, and Toombs' origin story is that he was dicked over by Tony Stark...

Being dead and all...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Being dead and all...

time stone hello? you remember that Cannot think of a name.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Being dead and all...

time stone hello? you remember that Cannot think of a name.

It's kind of destroyed right now isn't it?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:time stone hello? you remember that Cannot think of a name.

not really they could do another time heist or use the quantum realm to get a new time stone and bring tony back or develop some distributer to move all of the infinity gauntlets power through a device to have tony survive and live in secret until Disney execs need him again

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

not really they could do another time heist or use the quantum realm to get a new time stone and bring tony back or develop some distributer to move all of the infinity gauntlets power through a device to have tony survive and live in secret until Disney execs need him again

...no. Just...no. None of that is going to happen.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Please no. That would just invalidate Endgame and Tonys sacrifice there and make death completely meaningless.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Andsed wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:not really they could do another time heist or use the quantum realm to get a new time stone and bring tony back or develop some distributer to move all of the infinity gauntlets power through a device to have tony survive and live in secret until Disney execs need him again

Please no. That would just invalidate Endgame and Tonys sacrifice there and make death completely meaningless.

well the house of mouse can just kill him all over again in a time loop think Dr. Strange and Dorimamu

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Andsed wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:not really they could do another time heist or use the quantum realm to get a new time stone and bring tony back or develop some distributer to move all of the infinity gauntlets power through a device to have tony survive and live in secret until Disney execs need him again

Oh, you mean like they did for Loki like eight times?

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Andsed wrote:Please no. That would just invalidate Endgame and Tonys sacrifice there and make death completely meaningless.

Oh, you mean like they did for Loki like eight times?

don't forget the Disney + Loki Series

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Didn't catch this, but at the 2:09 mark Mobius walks by a Spider-man poster with 'murderer' written on it. So I'm guessing it is an MCU movie? Or the deal that Sony got was that their movies were canon as long as they didn't go nuts or something? Kevin Fiege is not listed as a producer on Morbius.

No one seems to know shit.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Didn't catch this, but at the 2:09 mark Mobius walks by a Spider-man poster with 'murderer' written on it. So I'm guessing it is an MCU movie? Or the deal that Sony got was that their movies were canon as long as they didn't go nuts or something? Kevin Fiege is not listed as a producer on Morbius.

Wikipedia indicates that Sony is making their own Marvel universe based on the stuff they have (Venom also being in this 'verse). I'd guess they intend to never actually have Spider-Man in any of the movies and leave it up to viewers more so on if they consider it MCU or not, but I'm guessing it won't officially be a part of it.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Didn't catch this, but at the 2:09 mark Mobius walks by a Spider-man poster with 'murderer' written on it. So I'm guessing it is an MCU movie? Or the deal that Sony got was that their movies were canon as long as they didn't go nuts or something? Kevin Fiege is not listed as a producer on Morbius.

Wikipedia indicates that Sony is making their own Marvel universe based on the stuff they have (Venom also being in this 'verse). I'd guess they intend to never actually have Spider-Man in any of the movies and leave it up to viewers more so on if they consider it MCU or not, but I'm guessing it won't officially be a part of it.

That's the old deal, but now they have solid links to the actual MCU in Toomes and that poster with Spider-man on it. Maybe it will all collapse on itself during Doctor Strange.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 pm

So I heard this theory going around that Black Widow is still alive.

Basically her Sister Swapped places with her at some point between the end of Civil War and the Start of Infinity war. So Natasha is still alive and her sister is dead.

Or

Steve Returned the Stone and got Natasha Back because soul for a stone rule logic or something!

As for the post credit scene it's probably going to set up the Thunderbolts because it's basically already been confirmed.
But it could be explaining how Natasha is still alive one way or another because everyone got angry since they did her dirty.

If not Doc Strange 2 could bring her back.
Last edited by Christian Confederation on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Wikipedia indicates that Sony is making their own Marvel universe based on the stuff they have (Venom also being in this 'verse). I'd guess they intend to never actually have Spider-Man in any of the movies and leave it up to viewers more so on if they consider it MCU or not, but I'm guessing it won't officially be a part of it.

That's the old deal, but now they have solid links to the actual MCU in Toomes and that poster with Spider-man on it. Maybe it will all collapse on itself during Doctor Strange.

Ah, found a new bit coming after the new deal
The agreement also allowed Holland's Spider-Man to appear in a future Marvel Studios film, while Feige stated that moving forward the MCU's Spider-Man would be able to "cross cinematic universes" and appear in Sony's own shared universe as well.[38] This interaction was said to be "a 'call and answer' between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony%27s_ ... c_Universe
(footnotes 37 & 38 are the news article links relevant)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:That's the old deal, but now they have solid links to the actual MCU in Toomes and that poster with Spider-man on it. Maybe it will all collapse on itself during Doctor Strange.

Ah, found a new bit coming after the new deal
The agreement also allowed Holland's Spider-Man to appear in a future Marvel Studios film, while Feige stated that moving forward the MCU's Spider-Man would be able to "cross cinematic universes" and appear in Sony's own shared universe as well.[38] This interaction was said to be "a 'call and answer' between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe".

Ah, so I was kind of right, they can be in the MCU as long as they don't go nuts (The Savage Lands permanently take over New York, etc. ...I am disproportionately obsessed with the Savage Lands being in the MCU. It doesn't even make sense, I don't even remember any Savage Lands stories...)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:So I heard this theory going around that Black Widow is still alive.

Basically her Sister Swapped places with her at some point between the end of Civil War and the Start of Infinity war. So Natasha is still alive and her sister is dead.

Or

Steve Returned the Stone and got Natasha Back because soul for a stone rule logic or something!

As for the post credit scene it's probably going to set up the Thunderbolts because it's basically already been confirmed.
But it could be explaining how Natasha is still alive one way or another because everyone got angry since they did her dirty.

Nah, I don't think she's coming back. Well, a billion dollar Black Widow movie could change their mind, but they have a new era to build. We'll have to see where things like The Eternals takes us.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:So I heard this theory going around that Black Widow is still alive.

Or

Wait, T-Bolts are confirmed?? Lit.

Thunderbolts: Civil War is probably my most read comic book series.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Ah, found a new bit coming after the new deal

Ah, so I was kind of right, they can be in the MCU as long as they don't go nuts (The Savage Lands permanently take over New York, etc. ...I am disproportionately obsessed with the Savage Lands being in the MCU. It doesn't even make sense, I don't even remember any Savage Lands stories...)

I read it more as both will kinda acknowledge the other's stuff happening, but probably not in big ways (like the mentioned poster versus straight name-dropping for example), though that may be what you meant

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Or

Yup Rosses actor was spotted on set near the end of filming aged up so a scene in present (MCU time) after endgame.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

Yup Rosses actor was spotted on set near the end of filming aged up so a scene in present (MCU time) after endgame.

Taskmaster on the Thunderbolts? Or Black Widow's sis. That's a cake and eat it too thing for Black Widow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction