NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed May 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Good Glossaryk that's not great to look at

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am

Well, looks like Endgame toppling Avatar has become unlikely.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 am

Unless it actually dropped out of showing that fast internationally, that whole thing only seems to update weekly now for some reason, which a touch annoying when forecasting >:(
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, looks like Endgame toppling Avatar has become unlikely.

Told you guys.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Sorry for how long this took me. I cant do much on NS without scheduling time at my local library. I hope everyone enjoys the new poll.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Honestly, gotta go with Iron Man here. Just like his brand of superheroing/Downey's portrayal of him more than the others.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri May 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Honestly, gotta go with Iron Man here. Just like his brand of superheroing/Downey's portrayal of him more than the others.

#GiantStatueforTonyStark
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Honestly, gotta go with Iron Man here. Just like his brand of superheroing/Downey's portrayal of him more than the others.

#GiantStatueforTonyStark

Not entirely sure he needs one of those

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri May 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Kind of a flawed poll. I mean, who’s going to pick Hawkeye and Black Widow?

But that isn’t to say they aren’t favored characters. Allowing more than one option would allow us to see second and third favorites. That’d be a more varied poll.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 pm

I have to say going in it was Iron Man, but over the course of the Infinity Saga Captain America won me over.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Iron Man was practically the figurehead of the MCU and by far the one with the most character growth, so I mean the poll only has one real answer.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 pm

my mom could design the Far From Home poster than their GD's ever could.
(Graphic Designer for over 20 years)
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat May 25, 2019 1:30 am

Very few of the MCU posters are particularly notable imo.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat May 25, 2019 2:16 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Very few of the MCU posters are particularly notable imo.

Though I can't remember the last time I went "ooo, look at that cool poster." I'm sure it happens but I can't think of one.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Sat May 25, 2019 2:47 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:#GiantStatueforTonyStark

Not entirely sure he needs one of those

Somthing like this:

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Kind of a flawed poll. I mean, who’s going to pick Hawkeye and Black Widow?

But that isn’t to say they aren’t favored characters. Allowing more than one option would allow us to see second and third favorites. That’d be a more varied poll.
I'm in love with Scarlett since Endgame but voted Iron Man anyway.

Cannot think of a name wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Very few of the MCU posters are particularly notable imo.

Though I can't remember the last time I went "ooo, look at that cool poster." I'm sure it happens but I can't think of one.
I only look at posters to remind me which movies I wanted to see but a piece of paper and the title would be sufficent for that.
I do have the posters for 'The Hitman's Bodyguard' and 'The Magificent Seven' hanging in my living room though.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 am

I voted for Cap. Cause he was a ballsy mother-effer even before he got his super steroids. And Winter Soldier is still one of my faves.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat May 25, 2019 4:53 am

I voted for Thor. Ragnarok is the best film. Not ever, I mean in the MCU. Thor in Infinity War is awesome... even if it makes no thematic sense... and Thor in Endgame is hilarious... which makes complete sense after IW (but less so with his other films).

If there was a second option I'd go Tony. Except if it was just after Ragnarok then I might have gone Bruce/Hulk... but he/they got shafted by the Russos... the character story sucks, is badly communicated, happens largely off screen and doesn't even have a single moment of awesome as compensation. I suppose they thought
volunteering to do the Third Snap would be the awesome moment but they were wrong.

Cap, Hawkeye and Natasha are tied for last. No, wait, I hate Endgame!Clint. He's last.

Also, I only look at movie posters at the cinema... and I've never remembered one yet.
Last edited by Forsher on Sat May 25, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 pm

I may be watching Agents of SHIELD on momentum but there is a very dumb thing that happens in this weeks episode that delights me in a stupid way. I'll spoiler it because if there is someone who cares I can't retroactively spoiler it but I also don't think anyone cares.
Worse, this isn't even really a spoiler. I'll describe it if you don't care about the spoiler. The crew looking for Fitz for reasons I forgot. I guess to get him out of the timewhatever. They eat this candy that isn't compatible with humans and instead basically acts like 'Shrums. Quake and Simmons start feeling it and ask each other if they feel okay and decide to answer at the same time, Quake describes what she's feeling as 'tripping balls.' I feel seen.

Told you it was stupid.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:I may be watching Agents of SHIELD on momentum but there is a very dumb thing that happens in this weeks episode that delights me in a stupid way. I'll spoiler it because if there is someone who cares I can't retroactively spoiler it but I also don't think anyone cares.
Worse, this isn't even really a spoiler. I'll describe it if you don't care about the spoiler. The crew looking for Fitz for reasons I forgot. I guess to get him out of the timewhatever. They eat this candy that isn't compatible with humans and instead basically acts like 'Shrums. Quake and Simmons start feeling it and ask each other if they feel okay and decide to answer at the same time, Quake describes what she's feeling as 'tripping balls.' I feel seen.

Told you it was stupid.

I don't get what you're saying... are you against cliches?
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon May 27, 2019 10:59 am

Starting an RP with a detailed power system if anybody's interested: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=465203
Last edited by Fedel on Mon May 27, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am

Endgame has ~106 million to go to beat Avatar

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 27, 2019 11:44 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Endgame has ~106 million to go to beat Avatar

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 27, 2019 12:22 pm

The Eternals are getting cast.

So far it's:
Angelina Jolie as Sersi, the Eternal that chills with humans and has been Forrest Gumping her way through history ('inspiring' characters in The Odyssey, shit like that. Was an Avenger for a bit.

Richard Maden as Ikaris, Icarus' dad who named himself after his kid when his kid used his mechanical wings to catch up to his dad and died in the upper atmosphere.

Kumail Nanjiani as unknown. Maybe Gilgamesh, the Forgotten One. A super old Eternal (who are already super old) who was too involved with the humans (but Sersi wasn't?). Or Makkari, a speedster.

The Eternals were created by the Celestials to keep Earth ready for them. The Eternals also populated Titan, meaning that Thanos is an offspring of the Eternals.

The answer of "where the fuck were you guys when your cousin was breaking shit on Earth and the universe" will probably be handled by Gaimen's run where Sprite erased the Eternal's memory.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Endgame has ~106 million to go to beat Avatar

They only have to add a whole successful run of a movie to do it.

Which could happen.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 27, 2019 1:18 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction