NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon May 06, 2019 10:49 am

So we're going to ignore Fury saying Mysterio is from an alternate dimension which could lead to the FF and X-Men joing the MCU? Okay then.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:And then the real villain is revealed to be someone like the Shocker, and he’s only there for ten minutes.

Kek.

Though I think the MCU is past the point where comic fans will complain just because something is too different, so that’s good.

Well, that would be a shocker.

And yeah, no, there will be complaints because it's the internet.

Mysterio was also part of the Sinister Six, that sounds evil enough.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am

After the Skrulls became good guys, all bets are off really. But Mysterio is an unreliable witness and creating the Elementals as a threat that will install him as 'the new Iron Man' would be in character for him.

It would be a little frustrating for two villains in a row to know Peter Parker is Spider-man. Also, this would put together half of the Sinister Six, since the Vulture was talking to The Man Who Will Be Scorpion in prison.

I wonder if they're going to skip Green Goblin all together. It feels like Batman without Joker but I can see the case for it, two different Green Goblins already when Spidey has a rich rogues gallery and we haven't got a Kraven movie yet.

If they're going to introduce GG they should slide Norman in earlier than later. Though maybe that friend turned enemy story is going to be reserved for Ned.

I'm willing to see where they go with it. There are a lot of great villains to keep shit going.

And yeah, multiverse was always going to be how the Mutants came to the MCU. FF can just show up.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon May 06, 2019 11:48 am

I don’t really think he needs Green Goblin at this point.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 06, 2019 11:59 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I don’t really think he needs Green Goblin at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon May 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:And yeah, multiverse was always going to be how the Mutants came to the MCU. FF can just show up.
Yeah but now Fury actually says it on screen.

It also reminds me of something else, do you still want Kang or just skip that and have Secret Wars with the Beyonder? :)
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 06, 2019 1:25 pm

*Laughs at people being spoiled by new Spiderman trailer*

This is why I only watch the first trailer of any Marvel movie.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:*Laughs at people being spoiled by new Spiderman trailer*

You mean the trailer that opens with a very explicit "If you haven't seen Endgame yet, don't watch this" disclaimer?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:*Laughs at people being spoiled by new Spiderman trailer*

You mean the trailer that opens with a very explicit "If you haven't seen Endgame yet, don't watch this" disclaimer?

Yes. And people are still yelling at them for spoiling things.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 06, 2019 2:38 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:And yeah, multiverse was always going to be how the Mutants came to the MCU. FF can just show up.
Yeah but now Fury actually says it on screen.

It also reminds me of something else, do you still want Kang or just skip that and have Secret Wars with the Beyonder? :)

Summon taco girl.

I do think that the only way you can match the epic finale of Endgame is to end on something like Secret Wars where it's all the heroes against all the villains. And then, I don't know. Pack it up for a while you had 20+ years of comic book movie success. Go out on top.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Neeeeeeerd question:

Ghost Rider and Thanos, the Penance Stare. Would it work? Or does Thanos' self delusion about his purpose inoculate him against it?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Neeeeeeerd question:

Ghost Rider and Thanos, the Penance Stare. Would it work? Or does Thanos' self delusion about his purpose inoculate him against it?

I don't think it would. I recall reading GR tried the stare on Frank Castle once, and got bupkis cause he has no regrets over what he does.

I think the only thing he even regrets a little is throwing Gamora off the cliff for the Soul Stone. And I don't even think he felt that sorry about it.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm

I don´t think it would work. If I remember correctly the Penance Stare only forces you to confront your guilt. And I don´t think Thanos regrets or feels guilty about much.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Man, 147 million US for this second weekend, only 2 million off the 2nd weekend TFA still has.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 06, 2019 4:20 pm

They should have called it Spiderman: European Vacation and had a scene where they go round and round the Eiffel Tower.

Normally when a series takes a holiday to Europe it means quality is dropping but I'm guessing that might not be the case here.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon May 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Probably won't work but this is Cosmic Ghost Rider using the stare on Thanos daily, for fun.

If it's just about penance, however. (Still Cosmic Ghost Rider Frank Castle, now killing his adoptive son Thanos from an alternate timeline.)

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:

Probably won't work but this is Cosmic Ghost Rider using the stare on Thanos daily, for fun.

If it's just about penance, however. (Still Cosmic Ghost Rider Frank Castle, now killing his adoptive son Thanos from an alternate timeline.)

I thought about whether or not Cosmic Ghost Rider would have encountered Thanos. I guess I should have checked. Waiting to run across a collected edition. I can't do individual issues anymore.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue May 07, 2019 1:19 am

You can read the comic online, if you want that.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:You can read the comic online, if you want that.

If I ever get a tablet or bigger phone and a raise I might do that Marvel subscription thing.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Endgame made $10 million on a fucking Monday. In its second week. Bonkers.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Endgame made $10 million on a fucking Monday. In its second week. Bonkers.

To be fair, TFA made about 30 million on its second Monday. Still more than IW's 8 million for the same day though.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Welp, less than an hour until I finally see Endgame and can finally read those pages upon pages of tagged spoilers ;)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Welp, less than an hour until I finally see Endgame and can finally read those pages upon pages of tagged spoilers ;)

So it turns out that the Infinity Stones also doubled as the stones meant to summon Captain Planet, who was pissed that Thanos devastated the ecosystem and single-handedly wooped his ass for three hours straight.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue May 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Welp, less than an hour until I finally see Endgame and can finally read those pages upon pages of tagged spoilers ;)

So it turns out that the Infinity Stones also doubled as the stones meant to summon Captain Planet, who was pissed that Thanos devastated the ecosystem and single-handedly wooped his ass for three hours straight.

At least that's a joke spoiler that's easy to know is fake

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue May 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

At least that's a joke spoiler that's easy to know is fake

To be fair, some of the things that happen in the movie are so unbelievable that you probably would think I was kidding. Not that it's bad or anything.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 07, 2019 3:46 pm

I mean, why even come to the thread before seeing it? I didn't touch this thread, I didn't check my Twitter, I didn't play LoL, I installed like 3 spoiler extensions on Chrome, etc. Wasn't no one gonna catch Ameri off-guard.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction