NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat May 04, 2019 7:45 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Hey, remember these guys? They're back next week.

How many times do we have to establish that this thread won't watch your stupid video...

...wait, I've already seen it. Kind of get multiverse and/or time runs out vibes from it, if I'm being honest.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat May 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Forsher wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Hey, remember these guys? They're back next week.

How many times do we have to establish that this thread won't watch your stupid video...

Whaaaat the hell are you on about?
Forsher wrote:...wait, I've already seen it. Kind of get multiverse and/or time runs out vibes from it, if I'm being honest.

That show has gone a long way from it's 'spies in a superhero world' roots.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Sat May 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Whaaaat the hell are you on about?

Can't you just give a summary of the trailer for us?
Platypus of the non-venomous, egg-laying variety
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:I will never stop being a gay platypus.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Ostroeuropa wrote:"Can we just eat SOME of the rich?"

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat May 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Endgame is now up to 1.9 Billion worldwide (still 5th), 514 Million US (12th), 511 Million China (3rd I believe).

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Sat May 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Whaaaat the hell are you on about?

Can't you just give a summary of the trailer for us?

Evil alternate universe Coulson is trying to destroy Earth/this dimension For The Greater Good.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Inspired by the latest Screen Junkies video, I decided to rank all 22 of these effing things from what I think is worst to best. For the record, I only consider like the bottom 5 out and out bad. Just an FYI.

22. Thor: The Dark World: I mean, what else would it be in last? A sequel to the mediocre Thor solo movie that was somehow even more of a bland, forgettable snoozefest.

21. Thor: Only marginally better than the sequel, but still a dull, forgettable movie.

20. Iron Man 3: AKA, the Pepper Potts movie. Now I actually dig the Mandarin twist unlike a lot of people, but it didn't save it from all that Pepper and that weak ass bad guy.

19. Doctor Strange: Tony Stark's origin story, only the guy is magic. Also, I hate how they fucked with Dormamu's design.

18. Ant Man And The Wasp: Just...meh. Like you could skip all but the last 5 minutes and not be lost on anything in the next movie. Also, Ghost was a lame ass villain. And Walton Goggins was...there.

17. Captain Marvel: I mean I enjoyed it. But my feelings on it soured a little after how ancillary she was in Endgame.

16. Captain America: The First Avenger: One of the better origin stories, but still an origin story. Also, the hamfisted way they offed Bucky. We all knew he was coming back.

15. The Incredible Hulk: This movie gets a bad rap. Yeah, Ruffalo is the way better Hulk. But I still find it an enjoyable movie to revisit.

14. Ant Man: Way better than the sequel was. A fun standalone movie.

13. Iron Man 2: I mean, I will never get all the hate for this movie. Mickey Rourke was awesome, and Sam Rockwell was a crackup. Also, introduction of War Machine.

12. Iron Man: The granddaddy of them all. Still holds up as an awesome standalone movie, even if it did win up launching a whole cinematic universe.

11. Avengers: Infinity War: Great movie, shitty ending.

10. Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Another case of "I don't get the hate". I mean James Spader killed it as Ultron. Quicksilver was kind of pointless, but the rest was good. And the Hulk fight with Iron Man. Awesome.

9. Black Panther: Aside from the dodgy CG of the ending fight, awesome movie.

8. Guardians 1: Fun movie, aside from boring ass Ronan as the villain.

7. Guardians 2: Yes, I liked 2 better than 1. Chalk it up to a love of Kurt Russel, the chemistry being better and the lovely addition of Mantis.

6. Spider-Man: Homecoming: Is Michael Keaton not the best? I mean that car ride to the dance was a killer scene in a fun movie.

5. The Avengers: The movie no one ever thought would happen, but it did and it was awesomely fun.

4. Captain America: Civil War: The airport fight scene alone is enough to warrant it as top 5 for me. That movie was awesome.

3. Thor Ragnarok: Took the crappy Thor movies, and turned them into Asgradians Of The Galaxy. Smartest move they ever pulled.

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: This thing is just a straight up action flick, and I loved it for that.

1. Avengers: Endgame: Of course. I mean it's a kickass wrap-up to over a decade of movies with the biggest, most baller action scene ever.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat May 04, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Sane Outcasts wrote:
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:Can't you just give a summary of the trailer for us?

Evil alternate universe Coulson is trying to destroy Earth/this dimension For The Greater Good.

I do not believe this to be a sincere question.

There has been controversy in this thread about videos.

Ameriganastan wrote:Inspired by the latest Screen Junkies video, I decided to rank all 22 of these effing things from what I think is worst to best. For the record, I only consider like the bottom 5 out and out bad. Just an FYI.

22. Thor: The Dark World: I mean, what else would it be in last? A sequel to the mediocre Thor solo movie that was somehow even more of a bland, forgettable snoozefest.

21. Thor: Only marginally better than the sequel, but still a dull, forgettable movie.

20. Iron Man 3: AKA, the Pepper Potts movie. Now I actually dig the Mandarin twist unlike a lot of people, but it didn't save it from all that Pepper and that weak ass bad guy.

19. Doctor Strange: Tony Stark's origin story, only the guy is magic. Also, I hate how they fucked with Dormamu's design.

18. Ant Man And The Wasp: Just...meh. Like you could skip all but the last 5 minutes and not be lost on anything in the next movie. Also, Ghost was a lame ass villain. And Walton Goggins was...there.

17. Captain Marvel: I mean I enjoyed it. But my feelings on it soured a little after how ancillary she was in Endgame.

16. Captain America: The First Avenger: One of the better origin stories, but still an origin story. Also, the hamfisted way they offed Bucky. We all knew he was coming back.

15. The Incredible Hulk: This movie gets a bad rap. Yeah, Ruffalo is the way better Hulk. But I still find it an enjoyable movie to revisit.

13. Iron Man 2: I mean, I will never get all the hate for this movie. Mickey Rourke was awesome, and Sam Rockwell was a crackup. Also, introduction of War Machine.

12. Iron Man: The granddaddy of them all. Still holds up as an awesome standalone movie, even if it did win up launching a whole cinematic universe.

10. Avengers: Age Of Ultron: Another case of "I don't get the hate". I mean James Spader killed it as Ultron. Quicksilver was kind of pointless, but the rest was good. And the Hulk fight with Iron Man. Awesome.

7. Guardians 2: Yes, I liked 2 better than 1. Chalk it up to a love of Kurt Russel, the chemistry being better and the lovely addition of Mantis.

6. Spider-Man: Homecoming: Is Michael Keaton not the best? I mean that car ride to the dance was a killer scene in a fun movie.

5. The Avengers: The movie no one ever thought would happen, but it did and it was awesomely fun.

4. Captain America: Civil War: The airport fight scene alone is enough to warrant it as top 5 for me. That movie was awesome.

3. Thor Ragnarok: Took the crappy Thor movies, and turned them into Asgradians Of The Galaxy. Smartest move they ever pulled.

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: This thing is just a straight up action flick, and I loved it for that.

1. Avengers: Endgame: Of course. I mean it's a kickass wrap-up to over a decade of movies with the biggest, most baller action scene ever.

Iron Man is a conventional action movie... Winter Soldier is action thriller. It's the difference between watching the original Die Hard versus Bourne trilogies. (The fourth Die Hard veers somewhat into action thriller and they never made a fifth.)

As to the rankings game... two can play at that (all these films are at least a 7/10; light SPOILERS):

22. The Dark World -- it's a messy film. It seems like it wants to be the MCU's version of a Snyder film but it also has Darcy in it. I don't know what it wants to be and I don't think it does either.

21. The Incredible Hulk -- I like this movie a lot, when I'm in the right mood. I'm putting it down here because 90% of the time I'm not in that mood. TIH belongs to the pre-MCU tradition of superhero films, which makes it an oddball among the other MCU films.

20. Doctor Strange -- it's better than this. I don't actually agree that it's Iron Man but with magic... for one it gives Strange way more agency than Tony's ever got... although like Ameri I don't like Dormmamu's design particularly. My problem with this film is that it just doesn't offer enough: I tried to rewatch the MCU in chronological order and DS broke me, hence it's here and I start with "it's better than this".

19. Avengers: Age of Ultron -- again, it's probably better than this. What I know for sure is that I was very disappointed by it when I first saw it and that's coloured my view of it ever since.

18. Iron Man 2 -- it's a film. Has fun action scenes. Has funny scenes in it. I don't have any particular story to tell about it nor any particular issue with it. Wait, hang on, Elon Musk cameo. Truly this film is trash.

17. Thor -- also a film. Stupid early MCU magic stuff is really all I've got to say. I suppose Jane isn't a romantic plot tumour in this film.

16. Captain America: The First Avenger -- a film. We now enter the section where instead of saying, "Here are the big issues I have" or "okay, here's the stuff I like" I now start off saying "I really like this, but..."

15. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 -- I hate Taserface. Get rid of Taserface and this is one of the better films. I particularly think they used the music better here. But I mega loathe Taserface.

14. Guardians of the Galaxy -- a worse version of the sequel, pacing in particular, but without Taserface. That's a big bonus. Also, it lacks the continuity problems created by the sequel.

13. Black Panther -- the most formulaic MCU movie. Everything that isn't the plot is awesome but the plot matters more. Much better pacing than the first GOTG. If it wants to feel like an MCU film it needs more jokes. If it didn't want many jokes they should have made it feel less MCU-y.

12. Infinity War -- screws over Thor. Gamora/Thanos is... not well handled and creates pacing problems (and based on Endgame it's most problematic aspect was completely avoidable... did Red Skull try to stop Thanos??). Thanos' victory is so contrived it's disgusting. However, it is one hell of a ride anyway.

11. Captain Marvel -- I've only seen it once so it might move up or down but it's funny, has some nice set pieces and aside from making everything about the Infinity Stones which is universe shrinking, is a good story.

10. Winter Soldier -- I like action thriller films. Least MCU feeling film on this list with the exception of TIH, which is its big point of difference over Black Panther.

9. The Avengers -- based on first viewing this would probably be the first or second film. Unfortunately, I don't think it's as rewatchable as most of the other films. On the other hand, unlike IW these rewatches don't make it seem more contrived and less canonical, just less magical.

8. Endgame -- I'm sticking Endgame in here because I can't help but have lingering doubts about its timeline. Get rid of those and it'd rocket up the list I think... the bits of it I don't like are really problems with IW and consequently tanked IW's ranking. It's got lots of problems with contrivance (largely due to the Russos inadequacy at handling powerful characters) but it gets massive points for featuring a huge long beat 'em up that I liked.

7. Captain America: Civil War -- it abandons its philosophies and is a much dumber (bit tighter) film than BvS as a result, but I'm a big fan of Zemo and its ending is great. Also has the power balancing problem of Endgame and IW but without the generally contrived story-telling.

6. Iron Man -- the original Iron Man holds up really well. It's the first film on this list where I go "Okay, I really like it but... actually, I'm not sure what my but is".

5. Iron Man 3 -- the Mandarin twist is excellent. This film is hilarious and emotional in perfect measure. Gives a clearer story to the big punch up at the end as well since it's a rescue mission rather than "punch the bad guy".

4. Spider-man: Homecoming -- teenaged superhero is what Marvel is good at... it's the entire reason I read Marvel comics... and the MCU version of it is legit.

3. Ant Man -- I love heist films. This is a heist film. Innovative boss fight. Also, note that Homecoming, both Ant Man films, Endgame and Doctor Strange (but less so) give the heroes way more plot agency than most of these others.

2. Ant Man and the Wasp -- not one but two villains and they have completely incompatible goals which respond to the intentions of the heroes not the other way around. Also, it's hilarious.

1. Thor: Ragnarok -- very funny, very clever and very well done. Shame about Infinity War and Endgame undercutting it entirely but what can you do? The Russos be jealous. Also, still the best MCU trailer.
Last edited by Forsher on Sat May 04, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Forsher wrote:(The fourth Die Hard veers somewhat into action thriller and they never made a fifth.)

Um...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat May 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Forsher wrote:(The fourth Die Hard veers somewhat into action thriller and they never made a fifth.)

Um...

They never made a fifth film.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Forsher wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Um...

They never made a fifth film.

Oh. Okay, I get it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Sat May 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Here's my very tentative ranking of the MCU movies, but I've only seen a lot of these films once so I'll probably re-evaluate if I saw them if I saw them again. Black Panther, Ant Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel are omitted because I haven't seen them.

19. The Incredible Hulk
18. Thor: The Dark World
17. Thor
16. Iron Man 2
15. Avengers: Age of Ultron
14. Ant Man
13. Doctor Strange
12. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. Iron Man 3
10. Thor: Ragnarok
9. Captain America: Civil War
8. The Avengers
7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6. Avengers: Infinity War
5. Spider Man: Homecoming
4. Iron Man
3. Avengers: Endgame
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Deontology, Progressive Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, State Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Apple, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Nationality: Australian
Political Ideology: If "milktoast liberalism" had a baby with "bleeding-heart libertarianism."
Discord: mellotronyellow

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sat May 04, 2019 9:50 pm

My Marvel movie rankings ( in chronological order ):

Iron Man ( High 7/10 )
Incredible Hulk ( 4/10 )
Iron Man 2 ( 4/10 )
Thor ( 6/10 )
Captain America ( 7/10 )
The Avengers ( High 7/10 )
Iron Man 3 ( 5/10 )
Thor: The Dark World ( 4/10 )
Captain America: The Winter Solders ( 8/10 )
Guardians of the Galaxy ( High 7/10 )
Avengers: Age of Ultron ( 7/10 )
Ant-Man ( 6/10 )
Captain America: Civil War ( High 7/10 )
Doctor Strange ( 7/10 )
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ( 7/10 )
Spider-Man: Homecoming ( 5/10 )
Thor: Ragnarok ( 7/10 )
Black Panther ( 6/10 )
Avengers: Infinity War ( 7/10 )
Ant-Man and the Wasp ( 4/10 )
Captain Marvel ( TBA )
Avengers: Endgame ( 8/10 )

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun May 05, 2019 5:08 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Inspired by the latest Screen Junkies video, I decided to rank all 22 of these effing things from what I think is worst to best. For the record, I only consider like the bottom 5 out and out bad. Just an FYI.

Kinda unfair to let a character's appearance in a future film retroactively diminish how much you liked their solo.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
HC Eredivisie wrote:It's already the eight most grossing movie. :)

6th now

Second place now.

22. Black Panther
21. The Dark World
20. The Incredible Hulk
19. Captain Marvel
18. Iron Man 2
17. Thor
16. Captain America: The First Avenger
15. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
14. Iron Man 3
13. Spider-Man Homecoming
12. Ant Man and the Wasp
11. Doctor Strange
10. Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Age of Ultron
7. Ant Man
6. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Captain America: Civil War
4. Infinity War
3. Endgame
2. The Avengers
1. Iron Man
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 05, 2019 11:14 am

Awesome:
Infinity War.
End Game.
Thor: Ragnarok.
Captain America 3: Civil War.
Captain America 2: Winter Soldier.

Very Good:
Iron Man.
The Avengers.
Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Spider Man Homecoming.

Good:
Doctor Strange.
The Incredible Hulk.
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.
Ant Man.
Ant Man and the Wasp.
Captain Marvel.

Meh:
Iron Man 2.
Iron Man 3.
Thor.
Captain America: The first Avenger.
Thor 2: The Dark World
Black Panther.

There are no MCU movies i dislike, some are meh but i like most of them.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 am

That's actually a better qualification system.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Sun May 05, 2019 11:30 am

Gonna use Huskar's method. Anything I've left off I don't remember well enough to judge.

Awesome:
Black Panther
Ragnarok
GotG 2

Great:
Avengers Assemble
Homecoming
GotG

Good:
Endgame
Infinity War
Iron Man
Thor
Civil War
Age of Ultron
Winter Soldier
Ant Man 2
Doctor Strange

Meh:
Captain Marvel
Incredible Hulk
Thor 2

Bad:
Iron Man 2
Platypus of the non-venomous, egg-laying variety
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:I will never stop being a gay platypus.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Ostroeuropa wrote:"Can we just eat SOME of the rich?"

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun May 05, 2019 11:45 am

Well since we are ranking the movies here is my list(in Huskars method because I like that method better):

Awesome:
Endgame
Ragnarok
Infinity War
GotG
The Avengers

Great:
Homecoming
Civil War
Black Panther
GotG 2

Good:
Antman
Antman and the Wasp
Iron Man
Age of Ultron
Doctor Strange
Winter solider
Captain America, the first avenger

Meh:
Captain Marvel
Iron Man 2
Iron man 3
Thor

Bad:
Thor Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun May 05, 2019 2:01 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:That's actually a better qualification system.

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:Gonna use Huskar's method. Anything I've left off I don't remember well enough to judge.

Awesome:
Black Panther
Ragnarok
GotG 2

Great:
Avengers Assemble
Homecoming
GotG

Good:
Endgame
Infinity War
Iron Man
Thor
Civil War
Age of Ultron
Winter Soldier
Ant Man 2
Doctor Strange

Meh:
Captain Marvel
Incredible Hulk
Thor 2

Bad:
Iron Man 2
Andsed wrote:Well since we are ranking the movies here is my list(in Huskars method because I like that method better):

Awesome:
Endgame
Ragnarok
Infinity War
GotG
The Avengers

Great:
Homecoming
Civil War
Black Panther
GotG 2

Good:
Antman
Antman and the Wasp
Iron Man
Age of Ultron
Doctor Strange
Winter solider
Captain America, the first avenger

Meh:
Captain Marvel
Iron Man 2
Iron man 3
Thor

Bad:
Thor Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Damn straight.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sun May 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Oh boy lists.

If I had to objectively rank the Marvel movies...

Awesome

Avengers Endgame
Infinity War
Ender’s Game
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2

Great

Spider-Man Homecoming
Blade
Elektra
Logan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Good

The Amazing Spider-Man
Ant-Man
Daredevil Director’s Cut
Spider-Man 3
Next Avengers
Blade Trinity
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance

Overrated

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Half of Ant-Man and the Wasp
The girl power scene from Endgame
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Panthera Leo
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Panthera Leo » Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm

AWESOME
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War

GREAT
Avengers: Assemble
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Endgame
Spider Man: Homecoming

MEH
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor
Black Panther

WOT
The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World

Only put on ones I have seen

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 05, 2019 4:06 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun May 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:YES!

I guess I should put this in spoilers...is there anyone reading this thread that still hasn't seen Endgame? Better safe than sorry...
I wonder if this means that Thor will be in it as well to pass on Stormbreaker to Beta Ray Bill. I know that the caveat was that Gunn wrote 3 long before Endgame and the decision to form the Asgardians of the Galaxy.

Also, Quasar...we're not done with "Quantum" yet...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Sun May 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Awesome:
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Endgame

Very good:
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel

Good:
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Captain America: Civil War
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Not bad:
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor: The Dark World

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Sun May 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Also, Endgame now up to second highest-grossing film of all time at 2.188 billion, surpassing Titanic's 2.187 billion. A few more days and it'll overtake Avatar, no doubt.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction