NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Liriena wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I've been conflicted about this hard left turn with Thor, but now that you mention it...first, the somber stuff wasn't working and the Thor movies only had The Incredible Hulk to keep them off the bottom of the barrel. And, Thor's most legendary run of stories that really stick out were under Walt Simonson who created Beta Ray Bill and a story where Loki turned Thor into a frog where he fought a frog war for a worthy frog you got his own tiny Mjolnir off a sliver of Mjolnir and became Throg. Which is to say, the most popular and legendary Thor comics are Walt Simonsons completely bonkers run which is right in line with Taika Watiti. Watiti is the Walt Simonson of MCU Thor. He even referenced Throg in Ragnarok.

...and now I want to read that Throg story.

Me too.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Liriena wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I've been conflicted about this hard left turn with Thor, but now that you mention it...first, the somber stuff wasn't working and the Thor movies only had The Incredible Hulk to keep them off the bottom of the barrel. And, Thor's most legendary run of stories that really stick out were under Walt Simonson who created Beta Ray Bill and a story where Loki turned Thor into a frog where he fought a frog war for a worthy frog you got his own tiny Mjolnir off a sliver of Mjolnir and became Throg. Which is to say, the most popular and legendary Thor comics are Walt Simonsons completely bonkers run which is right in line with Taika Watiti. Watiti is the Walt Simonson of MCU Thor. He even referenced Throg in Ragnarok.

Hopefully it's going to be the basis of the next Thor movie.

One can only hope...
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:00 pm

Liriena wrote:

It's fucking bonkers in the best way.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed May 01, 2019 12:51 am

Liriena wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

I doubt Anything will Bomb. Guardians III will make money, DS2, so will BP2, and Spider-man. All those things that are call backs to phase III. The rest? Can't say I'm super excited about "Inhumans"

Is an Inhumans movie still in the works? I assumed Feige just let that dream die in its cradle after the Marvel Netflix folks made that horrible show. (And it was horrible. I tried to watch the first episode, and already in the first five minutes I was beyond disappointed).

I think he means Eternals not Inhumans.

And Inhumans is NOT that bad. Basically the same story as Black Panther and Ragnarok with much worse special effects despite being the single most special effects reliant property adapted for the MCU so far (yes, I include Doctor Strange in there, although it's close).
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 am

Forsher wrote:
Liriena wrote:Is an Inhumans movie still in the works? I assumed Feige just let that dream die in its cradle after the Marvel Netflix folks made that horrible show. (And it was horrible. I tried to watch the first episode, and already in the first five minutes I was beyond disappointed).

And Inhumans is NOT that bad. Basically the same story as Black Panther and Ragnarok with much worse special effects despite being the single most special effects reliant property adapted for the MCU so far (yes, I include Doctor Strange in there, although it's close).

Let's be real: Inhumans was only gonna possibly get a movie cause X-Men wasn't at Marvel yet. The Inhumans have been the B-grade replacement for them for years. Now X-Men is under the MCU (Or soon to be anyway) and no one gives a flip about them anymore. The ass TV show didn't help matters.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed May 01, 2019 1:05 am

Panthera Leo wrote:Are the TV series connected to the films?

I don’t see any other the TV heroes giving a care in the world about Loki/Ultron/Accords/Thanos.

Agent Carter is the only one where a character from that has appeared in the films. I've heard that a key point in Endgame
actually happens in a different universe instead of being a stable time theory, which does make more sense with what we see in Agent Carter.

SHIELD tends to tie in with the plot arcs of the films... even with Infinity War:
the bad guy was insane and was trying to level up to take on the aliens (i.e. Thanos but he didn't know that)... despite already being way too strong for Thanos if we're being honest... but, again, he was insane.
In this sense, it's more connected to the films than Agent Carter was... which was really set too early in the MCU to tie in closely.

As Alvecia already said the Netflix shows have loose connections but the Luke Cage storypoint that's mentioned is actually even more connected to the films since Hammer is supposed to have made the bullet. Similarly we're pretty sure that SHIELD has referenced that Luke Cage storypoint and the entire Netflix corner is premised on the existence of the Invasion of New York.

Inhumans is almost a SHIELD spinoff property in the sense it relies on the events of AoS S2 but they never ran it long enough to make a proper tie in.

Cloak and Dagger barely connects to anything. Runaways S2 is meant to have some reference to the wider MCU but it's either pretty obscure or not very noticeable since I don't remember spotting it. (I suppose it could also be really trivial which is why I don;t remember but I vaguely remember not having spotted it.) Having read CTOAN's post... yeah, I agree, the Staff of One is probably Dark Dimension connected.

The Disney+ shows mostly look like they'll be pre and midquels or... Endgame spoiler...
alternative timeline settings.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed May 01, 2019 1:24 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Let's be real: Inhumans was only gonna possibly get a movie cause X-Men wasn't at Marvel yet. The Inhumans have been the B-grade replacement for them for years. Now X-Men is under the MCU (Or soon to be anyway) and no one gives a flip about them anymore. The ass TV show didn't help matters.

I've heard that Feige was forced to include them in the line-up because Perlmutter wanted this. I don't know if it's true or not but I think I can see why Feige got rid of them if it is. In hindsight the bigger problem with Inhumans is that Wakanda, Attilan, Asgard and Atlantis are all actually pretty similar. As I said, Inhumans, Black Panther and Ragnarok all have serious creative overlaps in terms of plot (and there are pairwise thematic similarities between Inhumans & Ragnarok and also Ragnarok & Black Panther).

Of course, if you did want to do a knock off X-Men version of the Inhumans that misses the point of Inhumans and is imitating a really crappy story angle from a really crap era of the comics. It'd be like having a Wakanda without the virulent xenophobia.

But here's the thing... most of what I'm hearing about Eternals makes me think they're doing knock-off Greek Pantheon, knock off Inhumans or a fusion of both. And that's assuming the original comics property isn't one or the other of these to start with.

The Russos would also have really struggled with Black Bolt. They don't know how to handle powerful characters and Black Bolt isn't just extremely powerful but also extremely broken. Even the comics aren't so good with Black Bolt... he's spent the last ten years being handicapped and in a recent, broadly awful, story has effectively been depowered. The MCU honestly isn't ready for a character who can fight Iron Man in a brawl but to take on someone stronger basically takes things to the level of "blows up the planet".

But that's the point of difference with Inhumans versus the other advanced isolated civilisations of Marvel... Black Bolt voluntarily limits himself through self-control and is mute, so as a consequence the Royal Family are the main characters. And at a minimum that means Karnak, Medusa and Crystal. Four main characters is almost the upper limit of conventional movie story-telling and to do the Inhumans properly you also need Gorgon and, I know this undercuts my point, the fish one whose name I've forgotten + Maximus.

Oh, and the Inhumans are pretty terrible people too. People don't like, as a rule, watching terrible people. Even House of Cards has this problem. The American adaptation made Frank a lot nicer than the original British adaptation. Of course, this also missed the point and made for a worse show but there you go.

I wish they'd made the Inhumans properly but now that I think about it there are a lot of structural elements that make them a difficult proposition for cinema. Maybe you can get away with prestige television but I think, realistically, the Inhumans probably require animation in order to accommodate budget and time necessities. How do you blend animation with an otherwise live action universe???
Last edited by Forsher on Wed May 01, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 am

Going back to see Endgame tonight with my dad, my dad only watched Infinity War for the first time last night... so excited to see what he thinks.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yo, it just came to me!
Thor jetting off into space is probably leading to Beta Ray Bill!

100% cool with that outcome.
In an interview with the NYT with the writers they mention that the resolution of Thor catching a ride from the Guardians was put in looooong after Gunn had written the story for GotG 3 so while there might be a rewrite that deals with them dropping Thor off, it should not be taken as any indication whatsoever that Thor is part of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

While I'm in spoiler tags...since this was all set up before Fox got consumed by the Borg Disney, my assertion that Kang is the next big bad is still in effect. For that I present the following things that will pass as evidence:

1. They fuckered with Time. As Mordo said, messing with the basic building blocks of reality has consequences. They have created alternate realities and timelines now. The very mechanics of time travel. Therefore, also opened the door for someone who can navigate alternate timelines and time itself, Kang the Conqueror. They have also created a reality without a Loki, Asgard, or Thanos. While these things don't exist because of the Heroes from Earth (and their alien friends), Kang might like his chances against the whoever takes the place of the Avengers. Or...

2. The Young Avengers has been teased. Tony Stark's daughter is actually named after Tony's weird uncle...actually cousin if I remember the story correctly, that thought that his dad was shafted by Howard Stark and is convinced by a bigger bad guy (forgot who) to attack Tony so he does it by making Tony think that aliens are invading. Tony goes ape shit in Central Park shooting at ghosts as far as anyone else is concerned and there's a public outcry against Iron Man. Morgan does it again to seal the deal except...aliens actually invade, thwarting his plan. He's outed during the battle and Iron Man is exonerated in the public eye.

That's obviously not Morgan's arc. But she could take over Rescue from her mom. But...BUT...Ironlad is...wait for it...a young Kang the Conqueror. He goes back in time to impress his younger self but instead horrifies his younger self who becomes Iron Lad to thwart his older self.

2.5 Also, Kang might be a descendant of Reed Richards. Or something weird like that.

3. Hulkling is part Skrull...who also just got introduced into the MCU. Casey is a teenager, there's no Kate Bishop but there's Hawkeye's daughter. The Young Avengers essentially have a built in foe in Kang the Conqueror. And since Kangs stakes are more personal with his younger self fighting him, you don't have to match the outsized event of Endgame because...fucking how.

I know most people are thinking that Fox merger means that the big bad is Galactus which puts the Fantastic Four at the center of the next saga. And they might call an audible now that they're going to take a chance to breath with no release dates set after Far From Home. But I think they laid enough pipe for Kang that my money is still on him.

I say "My money" like I wouldn't still show up if the next big bad was MODOK.

Actually, if it was MODOK I would be so fucking down.MODOK is ridiculous and I love it.

Why not both? In Avengers 5 Kang comes from the future, but instead of conquering the Earth for domination, he wants to protect it as it has been almost completely devastated in his time. The New (or Young) Avengers oppose him as his plans would still involve him ruling Earth. Then we learn Earth was actually devastated by Galactus and Kang merely wanted to prevent this from happening, so Avengers 6 can deal with stopping Galactus.

This way Disney/Marvel have time to properly introduce the Fantastic Four in the MCU, set up Galactus as a threat and makes heaps of money. A solo movie will focus on MODOK threatening a colony of frogs lead by Throg.

Or maybe the Squadron Supreme shows up as enemies.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am

Battlion wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:1.2 Billion is the estimated worldwide opening weekend for Endgame (350m US and 859m foreign, both also records)

The prior record was held by IW's 640.5m

They’re absolutely crushing it, happy to be seeing it again on Wednesday with my Dad who hasn’t had chance to go yet.

It's already the eight most grossing movie. :)
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:100% cool with that outcome.
In an interview with the NYT with the writers they mention that the resolution of Thor catching a ride from the Guardians was put in looooong after Gunn had written the story for GotG 3 so while there might be a rewrite that deals with them dropping Thor off, it should not be taken as any indication whatsoever that Thor is part of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

While I'm in spoiler tags...since this was all set up before Fox got consumed by the Borg Disney, my assertion that Kang is the next big bad is still in effect. For that I present the following things that will pass as evidence:

1. They fuckered with Time. As Mordo said, messing with the basic building blocks of reality has consequences. They have created alternate realities and timelines now. The very mechanics of time travel. Therefore, also opened the door for someone who can navigate alternate timelines and time itself, Kang the Conqueror. They have also created a reality without a Loki, Asgard, or Thanos. While these things don't exist because of the Heroes from Earth (and their alien friends), Kang might like his chances against the whoever takes the place of the Avengers. Or...

2. The Young Avengers has been teased. Tony Stark's daughter is actually named after Tony's weird uncle...actually cousin if I remember the story correctly, that thought that his dad was shafted by Howard Stark and is convinced by a bigger bad guy (forgot who) to attack Tony so he does it by making Tony think that aliens are invading. Tony goes ape shit in Central Park shooting at ghosts as far as anyone else is concerned and there's a public outcry against Iron Man. Morgan does it again to seal the deal except...aliens actually invade, thwarting his plan. He's outed during the battle and Iron Man is exonerated in the public eye.

That's obviously not Morgan's arc. But she could take over Rescue from her mom. But...BUT...Ironlad is...wait for it...a young Kang the Conqueror. He goes back in time to impress his younger self but instead horrifies his younger self who becomes Iron Lad to thwart his older self.

2.5 Also, Kang might be a descendant of Reed Richards. Or something weird like that.

3. Hulkling is part Skrull...who also just got introduced into the MCU. Casey is a teenager, there's no Kate Bishop but there's Hawkeye's daughter. The Young Avengers essentially have a built in foe in Kang the Conqueror. And since Kangs stakes are more personal with his younger self fighting him, you don't have to match the outsized event of Endgame because...fucking how.

I know most people are thinking that Fox merger means that the big bad is Galactus which puts the Fantastic Four at the center of the next saga. And they might call an audible now that they're going to take a chance to breath with no release dates set after Far From Home. But I think they laid enough pipe for Kang that my money is still on him.

I say "My money" like I wouldn't still show up if the next big bad was MODOK.

Actually, if it was MODOK I would be so fucking down.MODOK is ridiculous and I love it.

Why not both? In Avengers 5 Kang comes from the future, but instead of conquering the Earth for domination, he wants to protect it as it has been almost completely devastated in his time. The New (or Young) Avengers oppose him as his plans would still involve him ruling Earth. Then we learn Earth was actually devastated by Galactus and Kang merely wanted to prevent this from happening, so Avengers 6 can deal with stopping Galactus.

This way Disney/Marvel have time to properly introduce the Fantastic Four in the MCU, set up Galactus as a threat and makes heaps of money. A solo movie will focus on MODOK threatening a colony of frogs lead by Throg.

Or maybe the Squadron Supreme shows up as enemies.

I would be cool with this. All of it.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:Nando V Movies makes a good point here (spoilers!)

NEBULA WAS ROBBED. DON'T @ ME

No, I'll @ you. Nebula has been in what, 4 movies counting this one? Yeah, she's not the person people are coming to the theater to see. That's the Avengers. So they didn't copy the comic page for page. Big whoop.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

No, I'll @ you. Nebula has been in what, 4 movies counting this one? Yeah, she's not the person people are coming to the theater to see. That's the Avengers. So they didn't copy the comic page for page. Big whoop.

It's been 10 minutes did you even watch the video
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Wed May 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Thematic significance? In MY Marvel movie?
Platypus of the non-venomous, egg-laying variety
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:I will never stop being a gay platypus.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Ostroeuropa wrote:"Can we just eat SOME of the rich?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:No, I'll @ you. Nebula has been in what, 4 movies counting this one? Yeah, she's not the person people are coming to the theater to see. That's the Avengers. So they didn't copy the comic page for page. Big whoop.

It's been 10 minutes did you even watch the video

I watched enough.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed May 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:It's been 10 minutes did you even watch the video

I watched enough.

So you didn't watch everything and you think "Yeah fuck you anyway?" Okay.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

If you actually did watch the video you'd know that that's not the point. That's so far from the point. The point is at the Avengers HQ and you're at Xandar.

This is still very much the movie of the original six - or just Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man if you're being very specific. The point was that the last leg of the gauntlet relay would have had a lot more weight on it if it wasn't run by Captain Marvel, the walking talking one-woman Avenger who literally just plowed through Thanos' ship like it was ice in front of an icebreaker. She didn't need help, she could have just flown past Thanos' army and maybe hit him a few times without sweating, as proven by the fact that Thanos didn't overpower her in her 1v1 fight with him, he outsmarted her with the maneuver of taking the power stone off the gauntlet.

The stakes in this last leg of the gauntlet relay would have been a lot - a lot - more significant if it was run by someone who had lost more from Thanos. That wasn't Captain Marvel - that would have been Nebula and Gamora. AND it would have made a lot more sense for Peter Holland/Tom Parker to ask "how you gonna get past them?" because he's seen Nebula in action, he knows what she's capable of and he knows what Thanos is capable of. Gamora and the rest of the female Avengers coming in to help them out would have made so much more sense and it wouldn't have ruined anything in the whole female Avengers montage, it would have in fact added a lot more thematic weight to it because this is Nebula fighting against Thanos and at the end of this you can still get Captain Marvel, Thor, and Captain America fighting Thanos like they did in the film.

I don't quite enjoy watching people's arguments sink into the sandy foundation they already have. You lose literally nothing from simply watching the whole video 'til the end before commenting.
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed May 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:No, I'll @ you. Nebula has been in what, 4 movies counting this one? Yeah, she's not the person people are coming to the theater to see. That's the Avengers. So they didn't copy the comic page for page. Big whoop.

If you actually did watch the video you'd know that that's not the point. That's so far from the point. The point is at the Avengers HQ and you're at Xandar.

This is still very much the movie of the original six - or just Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man if you're being very specific. The point was that the last leg of the gauntlet relay would have had a lot more weight on it if it wasn't run by Captain Marvel, the walking talking one-woman Avenger who literally just plowed through Thanos' ship like it was ice in front of an icebreaker. She didn't need help, she could have just flown past Thanos' army and maybe hit him a few times without sweating, as proven by the fact that Thanos didn't overpower her in her 1v1 fight with him, he outsmarted her with the maneuver of taking the power stone off the gauntlet.

The stakes in this last leg of the gauntlet relay would have been a lot - a lot - more significant if it was run by someone who had lost more from Thanos. That wasn't Captain Marvel - that would have been Nebula and Gamora. AND it would have made a lot more sense for Peter Holland/Tom Parker to ask "how you gonna get past them?" because he's seen Nebula in action, he knows what she's capable of and he knows what Thanos is capable of. Gamora and the rest of the female Avengers coming in to help them out would have made so much more sense and it wouldn't have ruined anything in the whole female Avengers montage, it would have in fact added a lot more thematic weight to it because this is Nebula fighting against Thanos and at the end of this you can still get Captain Marvel, Thor, and Captain America fighting Thanos like they did in the film.

I don't quite enjoy watching people's arguments sink into the sandy foundation they already have. You lose literally nothing from simply watching the whole video 'til the end before commenting.

Alternatively, you could have just summarized the argument like you just did instead of asking us to watch some dude's 10 minute long video, maybe even share your own thoughts on it instead of pimping some dude.

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed May 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:If you actually did watch the video you'd know that that's not the point. That's so far from the point. The point is at the Avengers HQ and you're at Xandar.

Alternatively, you could have just summarized the argument like you just did instead of asking us to watch some dude's 10 minute long video, maybe even share your own thoughts on it instead of pimping some dude.

I apologize for being as rash as I was, but it was very clear from Ameri's post that he didn't properly comprehend the video in question anyway. It would have cost him nothing to simply just, maybe, ask for clarification or just watch the video in its entirety to understand the whole point before lashing out in a "no u" the way that he did.
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Wed May 01, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed May 01, 2019 8:26 pm

I for one skip almost all videos posted in this forum.

Comedy is okay, but I’m inherently distrustful of video “journalism”. There is too much bullshit peddled through YouTube.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Hoping Endgame manages to surpass Avatar. That forgettable pile of mediocrity has been at the top for too long.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Fedel wrote:Hoping Endgame manages to surpass Avatar. That forgettable pile of mediocrity has been at the top for too long.

Amen to that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Fedel wrote:Hoping Endgame manages to surpass Avatar. That forgettable pile of mediocrity has been at the top for too long.

Amen to that.

You 2 make me not want it to surpass Avatar now.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Amen to that.

You 2 make me not want it to surpass Avatar now.

Trust me, I'm as shocked as you that Ameri and I actually agree on something. That hasn't happened since I discovered he's also one of the dozen other people out there who's seen the entirety of Adventure TIme.
Last edited by Fedel on Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction