NATION

PASSWORD

Lets Create A Country's History!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypothetical Jenniferian Civil War: Who would you support? (Choose 2)

RESTORE THE DELEGATES! (delegates of the 18th sun)
10%
VIOLAT WITT USEN! (Radical Purplists)
13%
BORDELLANSSE, LIBRE, SOLIDARILLAT! Also guillotine everything! (Bordeline Nationalist Republicans)
26%
WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK! (Merchants return)
26%
FOR JENNIFERIA! (Gaspoleo Bonne)
6%
Can we just have Alexi I back? No, because I have to make all of these options seem semi-evil to make your decision harder.
19%

Total votes : 151

Caasd
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri May 12, 2017 6:38 am

1938, September the 30th: In the east of the shattered remnants of Jenniferia, a warlord named Axel Telmando-Nivarz declares him self "the Duke of the Sun", and recreates the former Duchy of the Sun, encompassing his controlled territories. He promptly declares war on literally everyone.

Meanwhile, in the Telvar Federation, frankly the only country that is relatively unscathed, and begins planning vast aid deployments, including food, water and medical supplies. However, they will not be able to help everyone, and given how fighting still continues in many areas, actually delivering the aid may prove difficult.

1938, October the 1st: Axel Telmando-Nivarz's forces are utterly crushed by Del-Kashan forces.
Last edited by Caasd on Fri May 12, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri May 12, 2017 6:46 am

November 1938: In one of the Project Harmless research complex, an important discovery is made. A team of scientist, led by no other than Stephen Telvar himself, have manage to find a way to contain the nuclear materials inside the bomb. Now, their only job is to prepare the first nuke to the military, set to be launched to a fleet base on Del-Kasha (not Kashgate, though).

Weemus Dowit, meanwhile, started to suffer worse from his growing insanity and medications. He was seen by the people around him as a mad person with unpredictable emotions, as well as body convulsion. His wife and children, who were borned many years ago, some years after his formation of the DKSP, were worried by this.

In Kargazastan, the pre-Weemusist government faction wins the battle. Taking control of the government, they decided to send messages to the anti-Weemusist nations to aid them. Also, the Kargazastani government launches an investigation to Weemusist and Zaranist activities

In Frontier, a scientist proposed that a rocket cam be created to send anything to space, from the missiles that were modified. A female scientist then proposed the creation of an object in space called the satellite. The scientists supported it, and the military decided to evaluate the plan for any military uses.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 am

December 1938: Finally, the last remnants of the Jenniferian army mutiny. The commissars are strung up from lampposts, soldiers murder Del-Kashans on sight and entire units defect to various warlords. King Max II abdicates and flees the country with a small band of fanatical TSJ supporters.

With no immediate replacement, Tom Gorge is crowned, in the ruins of an isolated medieval castle. King Tom lasts for a mere 3 days: in that time he surrenders to the League, orders any remaining units to stand down, denounces Weemusism as the destroyer of the country, disbands the government, then finally abdicates.

In truth though, "Jenniferia" has become a geographic, not national, label. There are about 40 different polities, warlord fiefdoms, random independent city or village-states with every government form conceivable being practiced in them. Many are at war with each other. 1 lucky quarter of the nation is under foreign occupation; these parts at least have Snowflake, Relsinian, Frontier Commonwealth or Sigil Coast administrators to provide basic needs.

The corporations finally drop the Free State, realizing that the profit from the gold mines are not worth the security risks, so abandon it and leave.

Meanwhile, with winter comes the inevitable; famine. Epidemics. Lawlessness. Death visible in every town.

Jenniferia as we know it is dead. Will it ever reunite? Will it ever see better days? Who is the hero to rise up in this time of need? That's up to the next poster! :p
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 am

1938, December, continued: Portbarry, now one of many shattered pieces of Jenniferia, is reconstituted by the occupying forces as a city-state once more. Whilst the city-state does have a legislative body, some things remain in the control of the occupiers, including defence, and justice. The occupiers select a Portbarry native, Jacob Danvers, as First Minister.

Telvar aid drops begin in Jenniferia, with the areas not under occupier control chosen first, due to the humungous mess that they are in

Oerstland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oerstland » Fri May 12, 2017 10:33 am

Oh wow, the Second Great War sure was devastating for Jenniferia. I think this is the second time it's broken up or collapsed like this.
As always, if I get something horribly wrong, feel free to tell me and I'll correct it as needed.

January - February 1939: In the wake of the breakup of Jenniferia, several city-states are quick to form, the largest amongst them New Republic of Violetia-Maxville and the United Districts of South Jenniferia (comprising Newdove and surrounding smaller settlements). On the 14th of February, the victors in the Second Great War form the Assembly of Sovereign Nations with the goal of keeping a watch on a potential Jenniferian reunification and to stop a third Great War from ever happening.

Jenniferian reunification seems far away however as bandits roam the many cities and farmlands, leaving the many parts not under the banner of the ASN almost completely ruined. Little is done to stop the pillaging as most city-states turn their attention to their own zone of control in a mostly futile attempt at quelling the local unrest and bandit raids.
Kingdom of Oerstland (Kungadömet Östland)
Swedish 90's kid, brony, pro-social democracy. Patriotic, if making a nation on NS inspired by Sweden counts as that.
I do not neccessarily agree with everything Oerstland stands for. Just a large part of it.
I really don't engage in the WA alot, other than the joke proposals thread. Still, if you feel the need to call out my WA gal for some reason, his name would be Linus Steinstedt.

DO NOT USE NS STATS - THEY ARE MORE USELESS THAN A PENCIL IN A DESERT
My other currently active nation is Starwind, and links to Oerstland's IIwiki pages will be provided at a later date (soon-ish).
Also, yes, I realize the analogy in red above was a horrible one.

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 pm

March 1939 - July 1939: Little thought is given by anybody to the formation of the Reunification League in January of 1939 by two JFA army officers. With all the separatist movements, the thought of two men recreating a shattered national identity seems impossible. But when two ex-TSJ men join them, an unlikely alliance is formed. Although the four truly distrusted one another, none wished to see their nation torn apart and preyed upon by land-hungry neighbors.So they struck a bargain: recruitment of ex-TSJ and JFA members, of whom none had commuted war crimes, was allowed, starting a mass outreach campaign as they travelled the country. But what was the goal behind raising another, mutually distrustful army? By doing so, the four redirect the anger and tension of the war by drilling and equipping the men and then attacking the bandits roving the lands, allowing the two sides to work together and even grow closer. The thankful, war-ravaged countryside responds to the destruction of the bandits by supporting the League. Talks are held with separatist movements and the League begins to become a Commonwealth, with areas given autonomy in return for their support of the League, as the League represents the closest thing to a government of the people left in the destroyed nation. However, most movements remain distrustful of the League and often refuse to obey. The ex-TSJ troops also provide tension as the JFA and locals both eye them warily; but the frequent reminders of why they are allies and the fighting alongside one another help to keep tensions from escalating into a shooting war again. Allied nations are stunned by this development and move to stop it. However, a well-delivered speech from the JFA begs the Allies to please give them a chance to try and prove their worth. The Allies agree on the condition that the ASN be given free movement to operate and oversee the rebuild on their terms. A possibility of a reversal on this position, where no state would exist, remains a very real option and the League is warned that if it does not live up to what the ASN expects, it will be put down. The mixture of odds and ends looks precarious right now - can it help bring some order to a ruined nation?
Last edited by Empire of Cats on Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Fri May 12, 2017 1:37 pm

1939, July, continued: One place the League's ideas fail to make traction is Portbarry, which is now slowly settling into it's new existence. After the chaos of the war, the people of Portbarry are very cautious about the idea of being part of a larger country, seeing as how always seems to end in said country falling apart.

In the Telvar Federation, Project Raspberry continues, with information acquired from Project Harmless being folded into their home-grown research, with interesting results. It is predicted that the project could reach completion by 1940, at the earliest.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 pm

August 1939: By this time, the war have shifted to Del-Kasha, as well as few of it's surviving allies. Sigilite even join with the anti-Weemusist faction, though the other nations were worried Sigilite could become worse, because of their Zaraist ideology.

The allied army did an operation codenamed as "Operation Henner". The operation is basically a landing at the most important landing site in Del-Kasha, named "Dowit" after the current leader of Del-Kasha. In the beach is a huge defense system that was also called "Dowit"

In Notching, the Jenniferia leader, hearing news of the Jenniferian collapse, decided to return to Jennifera. This cause a conflict between the two dynasties fighting in the Great War again, but this time, one of the dynasty that supported Del-Kasha previously was weemusist, while e other was commonwealthist. There is also a Zaranist third party

Kargazastan decided to choose not to seek it's lost territories back, though it still wanted some. Meanwhile, the arctic city decided to start a friendship with Portbarry, seeing it's similarities as a city state and recently breaking up from larger nations
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Sat May 13, 2017 4:21 am

September 1939: Weemus Dowit is captured by Frontier Commonwealth troops when they launch an amphibious assault on Kashgate. By now he is basically a ranting and raving lunatic. Soon after, the remaining government surrenders to the League, ending the Second Great War. Celebrations grip the world's streets. 10s of millions have died, and multiple countries have broken apart (continuing, in a way, the war's death toll with their own civil wars's dead).

The Notching invasion of Jenniferia captures most of the western coastline, soon after the area is proclaimed as the "Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia".

The victors of the Second Great War meet in Lampadia to decide the new world order. Several of the original belligerents aren't present; Minisha is now 3 for example, but the "survivors" (as they semi-jokingly refer to themselves) have a colossal task ahead of themselves. On day one, they agree to provide aid to the dozens of successor states in the region of Jenniferia.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Sat May 13, 2017 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

October 1939: The Telvar Delegacy decided to start constructing a small settlement that was forbidden to be inhabited by anyone, and gated, with wire walls to deter intruders. The settlement was constructed in a resource-poor and useless area of the Telvar Delegacy desert. The purpose is to test the nuclear bomb when Project Raspberry is finished, seeing the war has ended.

Weemus Dowit and loyal members of his party, and military were sended on a war crime trial in the city of Delsa, called the "Delsa Trial".

Many independence movements started to spring up as the second war caused nations, like Jenniferia and Mishina, to break apart.

The winner started to engage in Operation Cardboard, a secret mission where the winner nations will cofiscate Del-Kasha and it's allies various useful stuffs, like technology, people, etc. A discussion on the division of Del-Kasha between the winners was also started.

Sigilite started to pose a threat as the Zaraist movement declared a purge of capitalist and other enemy of the state, rounding them up and sending them to forced labor camps.

The Commonwealthist Faction of Notching started to gain the upper hand. However, the Weemusist faction decided to attack an important location of the Commonwealthist, while the Zaraist third party, leaded by Gou Zhong and supported by Sigilite, started to do a People's war, by rallying up villagers to make them believe in Zaranism.
My Dispatch

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Sun May 14, 2017 9:53 am

1939, November: Portbarry is granted independence, with a lavish (or as lavish as possible given the recently ended war) celebration hosted at the still-standing Century Palace.

Project Raspberry nears completion, with a device being moved under cover of night to the compound, which has been named Bringle.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Sun May 14, 2017 4:07 pm

December 1939: The Jenniferian Free State negotiates contracts with the winning League nations to build something radical: a purpose-built cargo airport. Using this, they theorize that the gold mines can still find their markets, despite the insane instability all around them.

The Reunification League's efforts are bolstered massively this month. The remnants of the 14th Tesklavar Rifles Brigade join in, as their homes are now another country that views their fighting in the Second Great War as a betrayal of the nation. With this hardened core of army veterans in the ranks, things start to perk up.

Darcelia invades this month- and capture a tiny village of 300. The village is located on a strategic ledge, and they decide that this defensive position will be useful. The Lampadia Conference, still carving up the rest of the world among the winners of the Second Great War, allow the move.

Bordeline's leader General Eisen falls ill with Portbarry fever. He decrees from his sickbed that his replacement will be decided by a popular election, even though he will probably recover.

Weemus Dowit is sentenced to death in the Delsa Trials. The trials have been very, um, colorful, as Weemus Dowit is basically a crazy raving madman at this point. His lawyers have been protesting the ruling on the grounds of Weemus's shockingly evident insanity.

The first test in Project Raspberry fails, but the scientists learn a lot from the failure.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 am

February 1940: A separate meeting is held in Portbarry. At the meeting, the JFA agrees to cooperate with the League on the condition that Jenniferia becomes an independent, democratic, unified nation, excluding Tralvia but including Portbarry.
March-July 1940: League and JFA troops, now working together, taking what they see as most of Jenniferia. However, the Reunification League is actually still in control of the countryside. The Frontier Commnwealth hands over its newly captured territories to the Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia, letting it control nearly 1/3rd of Jenniferia's territory.
September 1940: The League officially divides Jenniferia into the republics of Violetia, Maxville, Portbarry (which had already de facto existed but is now officially recognized by the League), Valeria, Newdove, and the Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia. Bordeline, Darcelia, Relsenia, and Snowflake also annex some territory, such as Snowflake annexing Legane City. The Jenniferian Free Army calls this a betrayal due to their discussions saying that Jenniferia would be a unified, democratic, nation and many remnants begin fighting a guerilla campaign. Air travel becomes popular due to constant RL and JFA attacks on roads and railroads.
Meanwhile, Frontier Commonwealth spies find out about Project Raspberry, though they are unable to get into the more technical information. The Frontier Commonwealth begins to plan their own nuclear program, with the plan outlining research up to a nuclear test in 1946. Meanwhile, the next Project Harmless test is scheduled for June 1941.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Mon May 15, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 am

October 1940: The Portbarian government, still with a pro-league government, announces it will ignore any attempt at reunification, despite many in the city wishing for it.

The second Project Raspberry test is a runaway success, with plans for a third getting approval. The detonation of the device, known as "Pie 2", resulted in the explosive energy of 25 kilotons of TNT. Almost every country starts a nuclear program, with the exception of Portbarry, who lack the space, and Snowflake, who are "morally opposed" to the idea, and break off diplomatic relations with the Telvar Federation.

The Delagon movement is now the most popular religion in Helaxion.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Mon May 15, 2017 7:08 pm

1942: Elections are held in Newdove, Portbarry, Maxville, Violetia, Tralvia and Valeria. The population surprisingly elects a pro-unification government in Newdove, Maxville, and Violetia. Pro-unification politicians take many seats in the Portbarrian Senate but are unable to get a majority, resulting in some accusations of rigging being thrown around. Tralvians overwhelmingly support independence as Tralvia. The Commonwealthist Party gets a majority in Valeria and it becomes the Commonwealth of Valeria, allying with the Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia. The LCJ begins to increasingly adopt Zaranist ideas.

While most nations have started nuclear programs, they lack the technical expertise, political approval, and funding to finish them. List of powers seriously trying to get nuclear weapons as of 1942:
Telvar Federation: 85% complete, expected completion 1943
Frontier Commonwealth: 40% complete, expected completion 1945-46
Sigil Coast: 25% complete, expected completion 1947-50
Darcelia: Just starting, expected completion 1951-never?
Lampadia: Just starting, not enough uranium, expected completion 1956-never?

An inconsistency in the holy texts of Delagon is revealed and the Helaxic Violetist Paintbrusher Church uses this as a chance to condemn Delagon as a ridiculous money making scheme with false gods. Many convert back to Helaxic Violetism. (The former majority religion of Helaxion is different from Jenniferian Violetism, but they are similar enough that most consider them as coming from a common origin.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Tue May 16, 2017 3:46 am

1943: Pro-reunification sentiment sweeps many of the new successor states... but the solidarity is crushed when this year a civil war broke out in Valeria. Delagon zealots seek to establish a religious state in the region, and Valeria had looked like it was the weakest one. Just as the violence had been calming down everywhere else, it occurs in Jennifer once again.

The civil war in Helaxion ends with a peace treaty. The government, the Restorationists and the Delagons agree to a power-sharing form of government where the Restorationists get a heavy hand in writing the new constitution, however the government has to be democratically elected. Delagonism is made into an official religion, like the Church of Violetism. The slaughter of hundreds of thousands ends.

Del-Kasha's splits are become an issue in the Lampadia Conference. Nouveau Roi decides to annex a large swathe of the country, doubling it's own size. Sigil Coast lays claim to the 6 most prosperous coastal cities. Meanwhile Sigilite and the Frontier Commonwealth are at loggerheads over weather Zaranism or Commonwealthism should be the official ideology of the new Del-Kasha, sparking furious arguments. In the end, Del-Kasha has been split into 3 nations, and about 1/5th of the old country's territory is annexed. Also the Heartlanders are liberated, reforming themselves into the Heartland Confederacy.

In technology news, the first commercial colour television is sold in the Frontier Commonwealth. A new craze for the commodity quickly grips the world.
Slava Ukraini

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue May 16, 2017 6:35 am

January 1944: Valeria falls to the Delagon rebels. They established a fanatical state. Members who joined Delagon must submit to daily "teachings", which in reality was reading books about Delagon, daily tortures, and monthly expensive payment. They are all claimed to be a way for members to reach for the God in Delagon religion

Del-Kasha'd three nations were now varying. The Eastern Republic of Del-Kasha is Violetist, the Central Republic Commonwealthist, and the Western Republic Zaranist. The leader of the Western Republic of Del Kasha soon decided to round enemy of the states to Gulags, and launched strict rules.

Computers design improved, with the internet starting to be invented. Jet planes, both military and civilians, have also been invented, being perfected with researches. Some in the testing of the civilian jets before production was revealed to be caused by the square window, and the window are soon fixed to round windows

A Del-Kasha Kitsune filmmaker, Reynia Dowit, a sister of Weemus Dowit, who defected from Del-Kasha to Frontier Commonwealth few years before the Great War because of being horrifed by her brother's ideology. During the war, she created many propaganda shows and films against Weemusism, and after the war, launched a radical film. The film used many original new ideas, invented by herself, as well as being in color. The film was an instant hit

Weemus' Dowit's wife and children were now kept on a secured luxury compund in Sigil Coast. Meanwhile, in Notching, the Zaranist faction unfortunately won. They soon established a country that looks like the IRL Mao China and Stalin USSR.
My Dispatch

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 16, 2017 3:38 pm

1944, continued: Project Raspberry reaches its goal. A new device, named "Pie 5" is tested, with an explosive force equivalent to 50 kilotons of TNT. The weapon is pressed into mass production, with the production version codenamed "Avocet Platinum". Designs are drawn up for two new devices, codenamed "Avocet Titanium" and "Avocet Cobalt".

The Portbarry Senate votes to strip Delagon of its status as a religion, prompting protests by adherents.

Somewhere deep under Helaxion, the remaining Saviours of the Delegate Philosophy get word of Delagon. They know the strategy, for it is one of many Delegate strategies. They know the Delegates are behind it, and begin drawing up plans to halt the Delegate plans.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 am

1945: The Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia intervenes in the Valerian Civil War due to their former alliance, installing the Zaranist Valerian State (at this point the LCJ is more Zaranist than Commonwealthist) and executing any followers of Delagon they can find. Meanwhile, the Frontier Commonwealth tests its first, 28 kt nuclear weapon, codenamed "Arandoval One". It begins building 2 more Arandoval-class bombs. Nouveau-Roi also starts a nuclear program.
In an attempt to prevent further conflict and to appease those calling for Jenniferian reunification, the World Peace Council approves the Community of Former Jenniferia-Icewalker in an attempt to prevent the endless wars that start on the continent. Maxville, Violetia, Valeria, Newdove, Tralvia, Snowflake, Freezlund (one of the other Icewalker successor states, mostly irrelevant until now), and Relsenia are its founding members. The Community members all have limited militaries and a common market.
A group of scientists in Nouveau-Roi begin publishing a journal about nuclear weapons and how they shouldn't be used. They are mostly ignored, as few people know of the true power of nuclear weapons. (OOC: It's not like IRL where people already knew about Hiroshima and Nagasaki when the Cold War began.) They publish the journal with a "Violetdusk (An old Purplist religious term) Clock". It is set to 60 minutes to sunset. (OOC: I will use this to show "world tension", decreasing the time means that the world is closer to nuclear war.)
Current time: 60 minutes to sunset
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am

1946: Alexi Comnadus, the ruler of the Liberated Commonwealth of Jenniferia, publishes his memoir. The tales of adventure in Notching, resulting in his rise to the top there for over a decade, and then his invasion and return home to conquer one third of Jenniferia is a gripping read, and a best seller world-wide. Movie adaptations are already in production to depict this thrilling adventure in the world's cinemas and televisions.
Less positively, he has been radicalized in his old age from the old Commonwealthist ideals of his youth to glowing praise of the politics of Sigilite and of Zaranism. The ideology, helpfully perhaps, is properly codified in the memoirs, with the words said by Zara Franner in various meetings between the politicians meticulously recorded. His invasion of Valeria, and his plans to trial the state into a model Zaranist utopia are also detailed, pleasing some and horrifying others.

The Community of Former Jenniferia-Icewalker puts pressure onto Snowflake to release Legane City to Jenniferia. As the most populated city in the former Jenniferia region though, it is a prize that Snowflake does not want to release, and the Violetdusk clock is set to 58 minutes to sunset.

Meanwhile, former King Max II is found... in an antarctic base with a heavily militarized army of Pact-nations nationals preparing to bring Weemusism back to the world. Rumors of attempted missions to space ensure a rapid deployment of several nations's militaries to invade, destroy and bury the place before word ever comes out. No survivors are left, but veterans from this action are held under lock and key, as they babble about such horrors as impossible killer robots, giant lizards, weapons that would disintegrate man with just a glancing hit and a man with a skull for a face. ( :p )

Tesklavar meanwhile applies to join the Community of Former Jenniferia-Icewalker.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

1947, January: The Telvar Federation is now fully nuclear-armed, with the entire air force now capable of deploying various nuclear weaponry. The Frontier Commonwealth has also completed testing, and it's new nuclear bomb, nicknamed "Lucky Jack" has entered mass production.

A new religious movement has become popular in Helaxion. The new movement, the Salvation Distribution Peoples (OOC: not a typo), claims it can bring enlightenment and salvation to all. It is quickly denounced by the Delagon movement, and vice versa.
Last edited by Caasd on Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 am

1947: (All former Jenniferian nations, including Tralvia, elect Prime Ministers every 5 years) Newdove, Maxville, and Violetia are all by now dominated by the Freedom and Unity Party, the political wing of the JFA. They begin plans for a second Jenniferian Confederation with the king being mostly ceremonial, with the nation formally being created in 1949...at least, that's what they plan. Who they decide to crown can be decided by the next poster. The League agrees to allow this as long the SJC has a limited military that is only used for self-defense. Tralvia is still under the Tralvian Independence League. Valeria and the LCJ don't even have elections. Portbarry, however, is more complicated...
The Portbarrian Democracy Alliance is starting to lose their position as dominant party due to being perceived as helping the League control Jenniferia and "paying tribute to a new Icewalker Empire". This had resulted in a brief power vacuum, with the FaU, the Portbarrian Independence Lobby and the Commonwealth Party of Jenniferia have all gained some power. By far the most likely to win the 1947 elections, however, is the Delagon Salvation Alliance. Only 23% of Portbarry's population believes in Delagon, but they have a nearly 100% voter turnout for the DSA. (In contrast, average voter turnout among Violetists is about 30%, and their support is spread between many different parties.) However, FaU leader Friedrich Alexi Barry Mattaus is an expert speaker and manages to make the Delagonists less radical with his "would Marcus II have wanted this?" speech. From now on, the Delagonists will still be a powerful force in politics, but in Portbarry they will be relatively more moderate. Many Delagonists switch their planned vote to FaU even though they keep their Delagon religion. At election day, using this, the FaU manages to get a plurality...but not a majority. Instead of immediately joining the "1949 class" of the Jenniferian reunification, they have to compromise with other parties, as well as the League which still wants Portbarry to be independent in order to make the JC weaker.
The Frontier Commonwealth has, by now, completed all 3 Arandoval nuclear weapons. It has finished producing its first 110-kt "Lucky Jill" bomb, the bomb that was planned to be mass-produced after the "Lucky Jack" test. The Telvar Federation now has a stockpile of 6 50-kt Avocet Platinum bombs, and 1 100-kt Avocet Titanium bomb. Rumors are spreading that the Sigil Coast is about to test their first nuclear weapon as well.
Because of the rapid proliferation of nuclear weapons, the Violetdusk Clock is dramatically changed to 45 minutes to midnight.

OOC: In case you were wondering why I suddenly used a German name, we've had 5 Karls and 1 Friedrich so far so I thought that was fine. Also, what's going on in Notching? Is is still stuck in civil war?
Last edited by Unnamedland on Thu May 18, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 am

1948: With violence subsiding in all of the ex-Jenniferian lands except for in Valeria (where violence continues this year as a complicated, internationalist mess of Zaranists and Delagons duke it out), an economic post-war boom grips the land. Living standards are rising quickly as basic amenities and houses are rebuilt. Make no mistake- compared to what they were before the war, most Jenniferians are still worse off. But their lives are improving by the day. A similar economic boom occurs in Helaxion, where the fighting has also ended.

Politically, the second Jenniferian Confederation installs the only living king they have at the moment; Tom Gorge. King Tom makes a big speech about new beginnings and about respecting the sovereignty of the numerous new states in the region, pleasing a population tired of war. The monarchy will be limited to a military of only 1000 elite guards, who will be stationed at the new king's palace in Fittelhausen, an imposing castle in northern Newdove which was unscathed by the war.

In Notching, the new Zaranist government clamps down and finally ends the civil strife. To be fair, the vast majority of citizens by now have no stomach to fight after so much conflict, so the Zaranists are allowed to rule. That said, "desirables" are hunted down and purged.

The ancient General Eisen peacefully passed away on the 31st of December. He had lead Bordeline as his personal fiefdom for decades, but had lain down a set of rules to allow for an election. Next poster decides who wins the election.

Peace in (most of) Jenniferia, Helaxion and Notching significantly decreases the risk of nuclear annihilation, and the Violetdusk Clock is set back to 50 minutes.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 am

1949: The Frontier Commonwealth invades the Heartland Confederacy. Many Heartlanders actually welcome the invasion, as their country had been declining economically ever since the War of Many Wars. WWII had caused even more destruction and Heartlanders hope that the Frontier Commonwealth will restore the nation to its former prosperity. The FC also annexes 1/3rd of Del-Kasha's territory, and the rest is made into the Commonwealth of Del-Kasha. Nouveau-Roi panics and forms the Lieuxe Pact with the Sigil Coast, which wants its old colony of Sigilite back.
(The League is becoming increasingly defunct as many nations within it hate each other, and it may split into smaller alliances like the LP soon. ) The Liberated Commonwealth begins planning to invade Jenniferia and, due to its lack of a military, Jenniferia asks the League to help. Only the Sigil Coast actually sends troops to help Jenniferia, while the rest of the League just pretends to help while trying to stay neutral. The Sigil Coast also is getting closer and closer to building a nuclear weapon and begins breaking the military restrictions of the Former Jenniferian and Icewalker Community.
Bordeline's new leader is Tulvanar Marell, who refuses to join the FJIC due to needing a larger military to defend against the LCJ threat to the southwest.
Because of the rapidly rising tensions in former Jenniferia, the VDC is set to 40 minutes to sunset.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 am

Please remember the space Rocket and satellite

/skip
My Dispatch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction