NATION

PASSWORD

Lets Create A Country's History!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypothetical Jenniferian Civil War: Who would you support? (Choose 2)

RESTORE THE DELEGATES! (delegates of the 18th sun)
10%
VIOLAT WITT USEN! (Radical Purplists)
13%
BORDELLANSSE, LIBRE, SOLIDARILLAT! Also guillotine everything! (Bordeline Nationalist Republicans)
26%
WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK! (Merchants return)
26%
FOR JENNIFERIA! (Gaspoleo Bonne)
6%
Can we just have Alexi I back? No, because I have to make all of these options seem semi-evil to make your decision harder.
19%

Total votes : 151

Caasd
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 am

Unnamedland wrote:I think we all ninja'd each other at the same time...but I posted first.

OOC: I just forgot what month I meant to write, and wrote June...
OOC: Ok mine is now in November, as I was trying to follow on from both I think that the timeline still holds up, it's just the previous date that is wrong
Last edited by Caasd on Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 am

Caasd wrote:
Unnamedland wrote:I think we all ninja'd each other at the same time...but I posted first.

OOC: Ok mine is now in November, as I was trying to follow on from both I think that the timeline still holds up, it's just the previous date that is wrong

Also Darcelia should be mostly occupied by Jenniferia, if Teklavar rebels then thats against Jenniferia and not Darcelia.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am

Unnamedland wrote:
Caasd wrote:

Also Darcelia should be mostly occupied by Jenniferia, if Teklavar rebels then thats against Jenniferia and not Darcelia.

OOC: Fixed, wasn't exactly sure what was going on in Darcelia!

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 12:38 pm

November 1934-September 1935: Intense fighting breaks out in Tralvia and Teklavar between Jenniferian troops and JSC (Jenniferian Security Corps, military police) and rebels. With King Marcus VI captured by enemy spies, Oliver II is quickly crowned as king and placed under the highest security possible, with Conservative-Royal Coalition party leader Karl Restal appearing in official speeches instead. Most Jenniferians still seem to be far away from rebellion though, especially after several far-left councillors were removed from the Council and imprisoned for "attempting to use Zaranist revolution to overthrow our great democracy".
Meanwhile, Jenniferian forces withdraw from Mishina after both supply issues (Mishina is halfway across the world from Jenniferia) and their defeat in the Battle of the Grassy Plains. However, the Imperial government had always been an awkward antiquity in the modern era, and the war ends up disrupting the Mishinan economy enough to cause rebellions. By September 1935, the Zaranist Mishinan People's State rules over the central two islands and about 3/4th of Mishina's population. The Democratic Republic of Mishina has the southernmost main island. The old government of Imperial Mishina has retreated and formed a rump state in the less densely populated northernmost two islands and some small island chains south of the southernmost island. All 3 governments are now neutral and are fighting each other, but the fighting has by now mostly stalled due to the 3 factions being separated by water.
Project Harmless is moved back to the Frontier Commonwealth due to fears about its security in a neutral nation.

With spring arriving and the roads of the Sigil Coast thawing, Jenniferia launches a second offensive. It seems to be going well, with the Sigil Coast's capital and northern coast both captured by June 1935, but on June 18th, 1935, Snowflake declares war on Jenniferia. Snowflake motorized units supported by airships quickly move west into the Sigil Coast and outflank the main Jenniferian force in the Sigil Coast, giving the Jenniferian commanders a taste of their own "depth tactics" medicine. The Jenniferian units, which had already been pushed as far as possible both literally and metaphorically, were unprepared for a Snowflake attack from behind. Jenniferia also attempts a few small offensives through and over Alexi's Wall. However, planes and airships carrying troops are shot down by newly invented Blizzard rockets. The rockets can only fly for about 25 miles and can only reach 20000 feet in the air due to being small and inaccurate, but it is enough to stop the Jenniferian offensive.

Meanwhile, the Frontier Commonwealth manages to win the Tridumas River Campaign, but it is a pyrrhic victory and Frontier forces are unable to advance any further. The Pact actually controls more of Heartland's population than the League, but Frontier and Nouveau-Roi forces have support from Lampadia and Relsenian colonies. In the seas, however, the Frontier Commonwealth gets and maintains naval superiority. In May 1935 they use an amphibious landing to force Del-Kashan forces out of Nouveau Leonnesse, the capital of Nouveau-Roi, and the momentum from the battle pushes Del-Kashan forces out of most (but not all!) of Nouveau-Roi.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Tue May 09, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Unnamedland wrote:
November 1934-September 1935: Intense fighting breaks out in Tralvia and Teklavar between Jenniferian troops and JSC (Jenniferian Security Corps, military police) and rebels. With King Marcus V captured by enemy forces, Oliver II is quickly crowned as king and placed under the highest security possible, with Conservative-Royal Coalition party leader Karl Restal appearing in official speeches instead. Most Jenniferians still seem to be far away from rebellion though, especially after several far-left councillors were removed from the Council and imprisoned for "attempting to use Zaranist revolution to overthrow our great democracy".
Meanwhile, Jenniferian forces withdraw from Mishina after both supply issues (Mishina is halfway across the world from Jenniferia) and their defeat in the Battle of the Grassy Plains. However, the Imperial government had always been an awkward antiquity in the modern era, and the war ends up disrupting the Mishinan economy enough to cause rebellions. By September 1935, the Zaranist Mishinan People's State rules over the central two islands and about 3/4th of Mishina's population. The Democratic Republic of Mishina has the southernmost main island. The old government of Imperial Mishina has retreated and formed a rump state in the less densely populated northernmost two islands and some small island chains south of the southernmost island. All 3 governments are now neutral and are fighting each other, but the fighting has by now mostly stalled due to the 3 factions being separated by water.
Project Harmless is moved back to the Frontier Commonwealth due to fears about its security in a neutral nation.

With spring arriving and the roads of the Sigil Coast thawing, Jenniferia launches a second offensive. It seems to be going well, with the Sigil Coast's capital and northern coast both captured by June 1935, but on June 18th, 1935, Snowflake declares war on Jenniferia. Snowflake motorized units supported by airships quickly move west into the Sigil Coast and outflank the main Jenniferian force in the Sigil Coast, giving the Jenniferian commanders a taste of their own "depth tactics" medicine. The Jenniferian units, which had already been pushed as far as possible both literally and metaphorically, were unprepared for a Snowflake attack from behind. Jenniferia also attempts a few small offensives through and over Alexi's Wall. However, planes and airships carrying troops are shot down by newly invented Blizzard rockets. The rockets can only fly for about 25 miles and can only reach 20000 feet in the air due to being small and inaccurate, but it is enough to stop the Jenniferian offensive.

Meanwhile, the Frontier Commonwealth manages to win the Tridumas River Campaign, but it is a pyrrhic victory and Frontier forces are unable to advance any further. The Pact actually controls more of Heartland's population than the League, but Frontier and Nouveau-Roi forces have support from Lampadia and Relsenian colonies. In the seas, however, the Frontier Commonwealth gets and maintains naval superiority. In May 1935 they use an amphibious landing to force Del-Kashan forces out of Nouveau Leonnes, the capital of Nouveau-Roi, and the momentum from the battle pushes Del-Kashan forces out of most (but not all!) of Nouveau-Roi.

OOC: Marcus V is dead, he was replaced by his son Marcus VI, it must have been lost amongst all the edits!

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Caasd wrote:
Unnamedland wrote:
November 1934-September 1935: Intense fighting breaks out in Tralvia and Teklavar between Jenniferian troops and JSC (Jenniferian Security Corps, military police) and rebels. With King Marcus V captured by enemy forces, Oliver II is quickly crowned as king and placed under the highest security possible, with Conservative-Royal Coalition party leader Karl Restal appearing in official speeches instead. Most Jenniferians still seem to be far away from rebellion though, especially after several far-left councillors were removed from the Council and imprisoned for "attempting to use Zaranist revolution to overthrow our great democracy".

Meanwhile, the Frontier Commonwealth manages to win the Tridumas River Campaign, but it is a pyrrhic victory and Frontier forces are unable to advance any further. The Pact actually controls more of Heartland's population than the League, but Frontier and Nouveau-Roi forces have support from Lampadia and Relsenian colonies. In the seas, however, the Frontier Commonwealth gets and maintains naval superiority. In May 1935 they use an amphibious landing to force Del-Kashan forces out of Nouveau Leonnes, the capital of Nouveau-Roi, and the momentum from the battle pushes Del-Kashan forces out of most (but not all!) of Nouveau-Roi.

OOC: Marcus V is dead, he was replaced by his son Marcus VI, it must have been lost amongst all the edits!

oh, I'll edit to Marcus VI dying since Wine-Loving Chimps said that enemy forces had captured him.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Unnamedland wrote:
oh, I'll edit to Marcus VI dying since Wine-Loving Chimps said that enemy forces had captured him.

OOC: I had it that Marcus V was kidnapped, but then somebody else had him killed in jail. Well, regardless, we can all agree Oliver II is king for now (and wow, Oliver is NOT a popular name. First guy must have done something to soil that name for 800 years XD)

Also, am I the only one who just envisions Relsinia as this at this point? :lol2:

October 1935: Jenniferia redeploys thousands of troops to reinforce the Tralvia. However, the resultant weakening of the Relsinia front means that soon Jenniferians are pushed back. Relsinia actually even recaptures Relsenport, but for how long they can maintain it is hard to say right now.

Regardless, with Snowflake entering the war, Jenniferia gets to experience *exactly* what those Icewalkers repeatedly experienced in the old days. Alexi's Wall crushingly repels all attacks against it. Even reinforcements from Kargazastan does little to actually break the wall and it's terribly powerful defenses. In Sigil Coast the story this month turns into a rout for the Jenniferians, as the seemingly endless hordes of Snowflake troops with experience on how to deal with miles of featureless ice defeat them in virtually every battle.

Meanwhile, accounts of massacres by committed by the Zaranists in Sigilite are sadly underreported among all the carnage of the rest of the Second Great War.

Weemus Dowit is changed by that assassination attempt. Increasingly, the Del-Kashan leader is prone to mad ravings. and an obsessing focus on purity. This month he issues an order for Christians, a minority religion that for some reason still dictates the calendar though, to be exterminated in the camps.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 2:53 pm

OOC: Long story short: Oliver I is remembered as a hero because of his campaigns against the Icewalker Empire and invading nomads (see page 1 for more)...but he was actually killed during one of his campaigns on the northern frontier of Jenniferia. Whether or not that was against the Icewalkers or the raiders is unknown and unspecified, but I thought that giving this name would be appropriate and ironic. :p (Also, fun fact: he actually started building fortifications on the northern border before it was cool. :) )

Also, in this universe What did the Fox Say? is also wildly popular...but it's a documentary on the breaking of the DK-P5 code.

/skip
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Tue May 09, 2017 3:18 pm

September 1935 - March 1936, Northern Front: Jenniferian expeditionary troops in the Sigil Coast, decimated by Snowflake's well-prepared forces and lacking proper equipment for upcoming harsh winters, face a crisis of epic proportions when Snowflake's storm troops cut the last supply line to the shore and encircle the remaining troops in the heartland of the Sigil Coast. Offered the choice between surrender, which would result in forced marches to POW camps in Snowflake and lead to thousands of deaths, and the choice of fighting on, the Jenniferian Expeditionary Force officially disbands and its units are ordered to switch to guerrilla war, despite the fact that they would be operating in a foreign country with a hostile population. Nevertheless, the troops take to the mountains and begin raiding supply convoys for food and ammunition. Snowflake dispatches reinforcements, but the Jenniferians turn the tables by taking to a series of vast, interconnected, long geological catacombs in the mountains, which provide natural heat from streams in the caves and prevent death by freezing, lure the majority of the Snowflake force into a trap in the dark catacombs, separate them into small groups in the vast maze, and annihilate the entire force to a man. Two thousand disheveled and stunned prisoners are taken and four thousand Snowflakian troops are killed or lost in the labyrinth (of which some thousand are found alive by nearby locals and Jennifarian troops up to three weeks after the battle). The prisoners are released shortly afterwards, on the condition they not take up arms against Jennifer again until they reach their forces.

September 1935 - January 1936, Eastern Front: The Nouveau Roiians began to feel the lack of adequate manpower and ravages of war as their tiny nation is forced to fight off the forces of two military superpowers. DuRoyal, a national hero, is promoted to General of the Armies, the youngest to ever hold the position. He is faced with a difficult decision: go on the defensive and have the war ravage the nation even more, or take the war to the enemy even more and potentially lead his entire army to destruction. DuRoyal begins to draw up two operational plans as the war on the Eastern Front remains stagnated. Operation Iron Fist would have the Army defend their national borders and fight the Pact in a defensive war, giving up any occupied territory and further draining manpower resources. Operation Lancer would have the Army, spearheaded with new and technologically superior tanks, the Mark XI "Lightnings" roll deeper into Del-Kasha in the hopes of leading to successful peace terms being drawn up between the two nations. Among other things, DuRoyal's curiosity is piqued by reports of strange camps in the vast expanses of the heartland of Del-Kasha.
Last edited by Empire of Cats on Tue May 09, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Wed May 10, 2017 6:34 am

March-October 1936:

Despite their previous successes, the Jenniferians in Snowflake and the Sigil Coast are running out of food and ammunition and some advise a retreat. However, they are now cut off from reinforcements and are forced to continue fighting. The Sigil Mountains Campaign becomes one of the bloodiest in history, and even in 2000 there were still areas of the mountain that are closed due to unexploded mines and other traps. In October of 1936 all remaining Jenniferian troops surrender but on the condition that the are treated according to the Lampadia Convention's rules on POWs.
Meanwhile, Jenniferian and Snowflake forces still fight just south of Alexi's Wall. Not much progress has been made. However, the Snowflake force are now using Blizzard III rockets, which have a larger range of 110 miles and are almost impossible to shoot down. These rockets are now within range of Alexi's Fortress and soon most of the city is evacuated as rockets and bombs rain down from the sky due to its proximity to the front.

The Tralvian rebellion briefly captures Tralston, the former capital of Tralvia. However, they are quickly forced out of the capital by Jenniferian troops. The rebellions in Relsenia and Tesklavar also continue.

DuRoyal decides to choose Operation Iron Fist. This seems to be a wise choice, as the technological gap is filled by Del-Kasha when they capture a Mark XI "Lightning" from the Frontier Commonwealth, and at this point civilian militias (OOC: Volksturm anyone?) who will resist any Frontier or Nouveau-Roi forces that enter Del-Kashan territory.
Meanwhile, Frontier forces decide to launch a new offensive through the Pact weak spot of northern Kargazastan instead of continuing to send more troops to their death on the border with Del-Kasha. Thousands of troops are loaded onto planes and helicopters (airships are by now becoming obsolete, and the Frontier Commonwealth wants only the best technology for this mission) to cross the roadless Arctic and outflank Kargazastani forces. Those that survive storms and anti-air cannons surprise the Kargazastanis and defeat them. Through the next few months they push south further into Kargazastan and Qasittuq. By October they link up with Frontier forces defending Qasittuq City. At this point about half of Kargazastan is occupied and the government is close to surrendering.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Wed May 10, 2017 1:57 pm

OOC: Dangit, there go my storylines.... :p

October 1936 - March 1937, Eastern Front: DuRoyal's redeployment of his forces around Noveau-Roi was a wise move, but results in the Allies pressuring him to do something to offset the Del-Kashian buildup of forces to assist the Kargazstanian forces. DuRoyal decides on a small, precision strike through Del-Kasha spearheaded by commando troops that would raid and create chaos before returning. Operation Cut of the Scythe (OOC: Case Yellow, 1940 in our world) commences in November and wreaks havoc on the underprepared civilian militia guarding the rear areas. On December 9, 1936, the operation is turned on its ear when the commandos roll into a small, presumed Army outpost in the middle of the plains, dubbed "Raven's Brook" on maps of the region (OOC: Ravensbrück) and discover instead a scene out of Dante's Inferno as they end up liberating one of the major concentration camps in Del-Kasha. Two thousand emaciated survivors and some estimated ten thousand bodies awaiting cremation are discovered, from POWs to Christians. The rest of the operation is spent fighting off Army attacks on the convoy as they slowly wind their way back to friendly lines with the survivors, rolling into the tiny nation two weeks later.

OOC: How long should the Second Great War go?

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Wed May 10, 2017 3:30 pm

1937, April: Using information gleaned from Project Harmless, Telvar scientists covertly start their own nuclear program, utilizing the nation's vast network of mines to acquire the raw materials required. This new project is nicknamed "Project Raspberry". They also continue to work on Project Harmless, as it is technically still a neutral project, despite the relocation.

The Delagon movement grows larger by the day, as more and more war-weary citizens of the region grow to see it as a better way of life. It is now spreading throughout Helaxion, Snowflake and even Del-Kasha.

Early reports suggest that the unsanitary conditions of the war are causing outbreaks of Portbarry fever (the disease, not the cultural fixation).

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 pm

OOC: The second Great War will go on as long as the second Great War will go on.

April 1937: This month is big month in Jenniferia's history. After the confirmed reports of industrialized massacres in Del-Kasha, Jenniferia decides to do what Jenniferia seems to love doing in these times of hard decisions: implode.

April 2nd: First, the Tralvians scored a massive victory in their struggle for independence. Over 5000 Jenniferians are killed in a single day to rebel weapons.

April 4th: The 2nd Helaxion Civil War spills over across the border when a Restorationist militia crosses into the country, with a government detachment in hot pursuit. Jenniferia wasn't actually aiding the Restorationists per se, but such semantics become meaningless as towns are razed in fighting on what was a peaceful front.

April 5th: A mining disaster occurs in the gold mines, killing dozens of miners and flooding a huge area. It will take months to drain the shaft, depriving tons of gold to the Jenniferian economy.

April 7th: General Eisen, the leader of Bordeline, makes a reappearance alongside Sigil Coast commandos. Spirits lifted to a new level fanaticism, the resistance will become extraordinarily fierce in that country.

April 8th: A religious preacher proclaims that the end is neigh in a dramatic interruption of a parade. When king Oliver II orders the guards to remove the madman, the preacher proceeds to wrestle away a rifle and stab the monarch with the weapon's bayonet. Oliver II is rushed to hospital and will make a recovery by the end of the month, but the timing is impeccable.

April 11th: Mass desertions are really becoming a problem for the army again, just like in the last war. Dozens more are executed for conscientiously objecting to fighting alongside Del-Kasha and their death camps.

April 12th: Lampadia raids Portbarry for a few hours, before retreating under the heavy fire. If the navy can't even keep the capital safe from the smallest belligerent though, then who can they protect? Morale plummets to new lows.

April 13th: Jenniferia's biggest battleship hits a sea mine and sinks off the Frontier Commonwealth coast. About 1/3rd of the crew dies.

April 18th: Snowflake begins attacking Alexi's Fortress in earnest. Hard street to street battles engulf the city.

April 22nd: The very last Jenniferian fanatics surrender in Sigil Coast. There were by then but a few dozen left, but the surrender of these diehards had been spending months living in the caves, surviving off looting local villages using stolen Snowflake weapons.

April 25th: The Relsinian main army crosses the so called "Last Chance River" line, in conjunction with the resistance fighters, to rout the demoralized Jenniferians there. Relsenport will be recaptured next month.

April 29th: Portbarry is hit with one of the biggest air raids in history. The air raid was conducted by a coalition of it's enemies. Amongst the damage includes the king's palace, the council's meeting room (some joke that now the politicians get a pretty sky view while debating matters of state) and the historic medieval guildhalls.

April 30th: The minister of war, who had been injured in the air raid, succumbs to his wounds and dies in hospital.

OOC: Specific accounts of things jumping out of the frying pan is fun! :p
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Wed May 10, 2017 4:12 pm

1937, May the 3rd: Seizing their opportunity, Portbarian rebels seize full control of the capital. Issuing a declaration of independence, they escort the King to the border and proclaim the "Republic of Portbarry". The old Portbarry flag is retrieved from the City Museum and is flown above the remnants of the King's Palace. They also declare neutrality, but it is not enough to stop a bombing raid that night.

May the 5th: The World Peace Council is disbanded, as they've finally come to the conclusion that they aren't living up to the name. Their last declaration is something along the lines of "We messed up.", but in more diplomatic terms.
Last edited by Caasd on Wed May 10, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed May 10, 2017 4:16 pm

May 1937: Del-Kasha release the Z3 missile, an improvement to their previous missiles (think V2). They also increasingly use large, but inefficient, weapons, like huge tanks and artilleries. They then launch the first jet fighter. However, there are many weaknesses, like flight time and fragility of the material to the forces generated by the speed of the jet engine. Meanwhile, Weemus Dowit started to take medicines to control his behaviour. One of the medicines was meth and cocaine. This calmed him down, but wrecked on his body physically. He then prescribed specific drugs to his soldiers, to keep them energetic and awake.

DuPont manage to cofiscate a report from a Del-Kashan commander who died. The reports detailed the locations of all Concentration Camps, as well as the horrifying things done there, like turning human (and rebellious kitsune) bones to fertilizers, gassing the victims, and medical experimentations (think of both Auschwitz and Unit 731), and even many more horrifying things.

A brave operation is spearheaded by DuPont to Kargazastan. Targeting the Kargazastani Palace, he and his comrades, using disguises, as well as the new sniper rifle, shot the Kargazastani leader down, before escaping. However, they were seen, but manage to shot their pursuers down, and while hiding their face with masks. They soon escaped from a chase that happens for several days. Kargazastan's leader then got replaced by an anti-Weemusist one
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Thu May 11, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu May 11, 2017 4:42 am

June 1937: Del-Kasha intervened in Jenniferia this month, with roving death squads putting down rebellions for their ally across the nation. Their first target is the Portbarry rebellion, which results in hair-raising house to house fighting which lasts for weeks. King Oliver II, now once again based in Legane City, denounces all the traitors to the nation and vows to crush the rebels... before he is assassinated. His replacement names himself King Max II, decreeing that he will "refound" the nation just like the last king Max.

Meanwhile mass desertions sweep across most fronts. In the southern front, things get especially bad for the Jenniferians as the Relsinia/Bordeline resistance forces are boosted by Frontier Commonwealth troops. Tralston is lost once again to the rebels in Tralvia

Kargazastan descends into infighting, effectively withdrawing them from the war. In the chaos, Qasittuq once again gets its independence.

Finally, in New Helaxion a Delagon movement declares war on both sides in the second Helaxion civil war. They very quickly gain a score of victories, and capture a significant amount of land. The local Zaraists join the cause, radicalizing the group to do insane acts of bravery.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 am

1937, June, continued: Hercule Diciottu summons his highest ranked followers to a secret retreat in the Telvar foothills. There he reveals the real purpose of Delagon: a front organisation for the Delegates of the 18th Sun. Of the fifteen followers who he summoned, eight swear to follow his instructions, three are terrified, and four are subsquently "persuaded" to the Delegate cause. The three terrified followers are taken away, and are later discovered on the outskirts of Portbarry, convinced that they are salmon. Diciottu makes it very clear that the true purpose of Delagon must stay secret, as it would ruin "the glorious journey" that awaits.

In Portbarry, rebel forces have the advantage against the Del-Kashan forces, with their local knowledge allowing them to lay traps, and move around the city, unseen.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu May 11, 2017 5:10 am

May 1937: One of the Portbarrian rebels defects, revealing the location of almost all Portbarrian resistance members, and the resistance members are almost immediately arrested by the JSC. The Portbarrian resistance was originally very small anyways, and most people in Portbarry think of themselves as Jenniferians and not Portbarrians.
May-November 1937: The Del-Kashans begin Operation Thousand Fangs, using local civilian militia to hold the Frontier forces back in any way possible. It doesn't exactly work, but it delays Frontier forces and holds them back until November. In response, the Frontier army begins to imprison any Del-Kashan civilians they can find.
July 1937: The Democratic Defense League's members meet on the island of Lampadia (OOC: Tehran/Yalta/Potsdam) to discuss plans for the rest of the war and what happens after it. They agree on a rough plan: Del-Kasha will be liberated by March 1938. A simultaneous amphibious invasion near Aeri and major offensive from Snowflake along Alexi's Wall should happen around October 1938ish. If everything goes well, Jenniferia should surrender before Violetday (June 15) 1939. (Where have you heard that before? Did it ever end up actually working? :p )
August 1937: After DuRoyal's operation, the last Del-Kashan forces in Kargazastan surrender. Now all fighting will be on Del-Kashan home territory. The Del-Kashan civilian militia (think Volksturm) is beginning to collapse.
October 1937: Relsenport is recaptured by the rebels, then recaptured by the Jenniferians, then recaptured by rebels, then bombed by the Jenniferians and evacuated by the rebels, then recaptured by the rebels, then recaptured by the Jenniferians, then...no one even knows who exactly controls Relsenport at this point.
November 1937: Frontier forces finally break through the Thousand Fangs militia and make rapid progress into Del-Kasha, liberating several more concentration camps.
January 1938: However, the troops are now tired and demoralized from the intense fighting throughout the past few months and Frontier commanders authorize a halt in the advance.They now control 1/2 of Del-Kasha's territory.
January 3rd, 1938: The "New Year's Desertions" cause a massive gap in the Jenniferian defensive line around Alexi's Wall, resulting in a complete rout of Jenniferian defenses as Jenniferian troops defect to Snowflake and the Sigil Coast. Snowflake forces advance into Jenniferia.
January 14th, 1938: The Tralvian rebels, now more bold due to the Snowflake offensive, decide to launch a major offensive on Tralston, the former capital of Tralvia.
January 23rd, 1938: Alexi's Fort is surrounded by Snowflake troops. Sigil Coast troops approach Legane City. Oliver II refuses to surrender.
January 25th, 1938: Tralvian rebels manage to completely surround Tralston. Surprisingly, the Jenniferian troops inside surrender.
January 26th, 1938: A small Lampadian expeditionary force lands in Relsenia, assisting rebel troops. It seems like Del-Kashan defeat will be later than hoped for but Jenniferian collapse will be earlier than expected.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Thu May 11, 2017 7:15 am

Febuary 1938, POW camps in the Allied Nations: Due to an influx of Jenniferian POWs from the many campaigns, Allied leaders form the Jenniferian Free Army. Playing off of the dissatisfaction of many and the feeling that they are on the wrong side of the war, the Allies offer them a chance at redemption if they agree to help liberate their nation. A Del-Kashian League is also formed, in order to reclaim the honor of their nation soiled by the concentration camps. Thousands join up, alleviating manpower shortages and allowing the Allies to claim they are truly liberating Jenniferia. Upon this announcement, many units in the Jenniferian Army switch sides en masse, leaving the remaining Army units full of fanatics, hardliners, the old and young, and mercenaries. King Max II forms a special, elite unit of fanatics (OOC: SS) called the True Sons of Jenniferia (TSJ). The surviving Army is increasingly beleaguered and becomes much more fanatical.
Last edited by Empire of Cats on Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 am

March 1938: Increasingly worried about the security situation, the mining corporations in central Jenniferia bribe the state legislature to declare independence. The Jenniferian Free State declares itself to be neutral, hence withdrawing from the war, but has open borders so the gold supply will continue flowing into the main state.

Darcelian resistance fighters throw out the Jenniferian forces out of their country. The old government returns to their old buildings, having barely missed a beat, and sign a white peace with the Pact. Overextended Jenniferia gladly accepts. Resistance fighters elsewhere give the state a hard time, but Del-Kasha's crack death squads move into Tesklavar, and deal with them with *extreme* brutality. Bodies swinging from lampposts become a common sight as Del-Kashan lower officers become the judge, jury and their troops the executioner of anyone they find even remotely suspicious. Relsinia, thanks to its own and the Borderline resistance fighters, retake Relsenport, for the last time. Jenniferia's army morale is at rock bottom on this front, with thousands of desertions.

Portbarry fever breaks out across the nation- this time it is unimaginably serious. Millions in all the belligerent nations perish. In Alexi's Fortress, fighting between Jenniferia and Snowflake even stops, both sides declaring a temporary truce as they sort out the ravages of the disease.

King Max II makes a speech that 'all is well, everybody calm down'.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 am

Most Del-Kashans are still loyal. Jenniferia, however, is more unstable:
March 5th: In an attempt to take advantage of the instability in Jenniferia, the March Offensive is launched. Relsenian, Lampadian, and Tralvian troops begin an attack on Relsenport. Simultaneously, the planned amphibious attack on Aeri is launched several months early. Because of this, only half of the originally required troops were ready for the operation.
March 9th: The Aeri landing is defeated by Jenniferian troops, including the newly formed TSJ.
March 11th: Relsenport falls to rebels...again.
March 12th: The 'Newdove Coup, Phase I". A group of moderate CRC members submit a peace deal to the Council, with Jenniferia annexing Bordeline and all other pre-war borders in the are staying the same. It passes the Council but is vetoed by Oliver II.
March 13th: The "Newdove Coup", Phase II. Several CPJ members are arrested and executed for "supporting enemies of Jenniferia". Shortly afterwards, an assassin attempts to kill Oliver II but fails. He is evacuated to a small military base in Valeria. That night several CRC opposition members are also arrested.
March 14th: The "Newdove Coup", Phase III. Oliver II officially declares that the Council is temporarily suspended due to the war, and that most of its powers are now in control of the king. Bryan Wilvar is also evacuated to the secret base in Valeria. Most of the military is now under the control of the king, but intense fighting occurs between the military and those who defected due to the coup over the next few days.
March 24th: League and rebel forces have, by now, taken back most of Relsenia.
March 28th: Legane City falls to Snowflake.
April 10th: Jenniferian troops retake Legane City in a desperate last-stand offensive.
April 14th: The offensive fails and Legane City is retaken by Snowflake and the JFA.
April 18th: Mutinies occur in the Jenniferian navy as well, and mutinied sailors take control of several ships, now referred to as the Free Fleet.
April 24th: The Free Fleet sails into Portbarry, causing an all-out war between loyalists and pro-league democratic rebels. Most of these rebels, however, support a unified Jenniferia instead of independent Portbarry.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 am

Unnamedland wrote:
March 5th: In an attempt to take advantage of the instability in Jenniferia, the March Offensive is launched. Relsenian, Lampadian, and Tralvian troops begin an attack on Relsenport. Simultaneously, the planned amphibious attack on Aeri is launched several months early. Because of this, only half of the originally required troops were ready for the operation.
March 9th: The Aeri landing is defeated by Jenniferian troops, including the newly formed TSJ.
March 12th: The 'Newdove Coup, Phase I". A group of moderate CRC members submit a peace deal to the Council, with Jenniferia annexing Bordeline and all other pre-war borders in the are staying the same. It passes the Council but is vetoed by Oliver II.
March 13th: The "Newdove Coup", Phase II. Several CPJ members are arrested and executed for "supporting enemies of Jenniferia". Shortly afterwards, an assassin attempts to kill Oliver II but fails. He is evacuated to a small military base in Valeria. That night several CRC opposition members are also arrested.
March 14th: The "Newdove Coup", Phase III. Oliver II officially declares that the Council is temporarily suspended due to the war, and that most of its powers are now in control of the king. Bryan Wilvar is also evacuated to the secret base in Valeria. Most of the military is now under the control of the king, but intense fighting occurs between the military and those who defected due to the coup over the next few days.
April 10th: Jenniferian troops retake Legane City in a desperate last-stand offensive.
April 14th: The offensive fails and Legane City is retaken by Snowflake and the JFA.
April 18th: Mutinies occur in the Jenniferian navy as well, and mutinied sailors take control of several ships, now referred to as the Free Fleet.
April 24th: The Free Fleet sails into Portbarry, causing an all-out war between loyalists and pro-league democratic rebels. Most of these rebels, however, support a unified Jenniferia instead of independent Portbarry.

OOC: I assume that's all April and May? ;)
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
Unnamedland wrote:

OOC: I assume that's all April and May? ;)

Yes, that was April and May. Was ninja'd.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 pm

OOC: No worries. :p

June 1938: Jenniferia is basically being held together by Del-Kasha at this point. The country is splitting apart, with separatist movements left, right and centre. Warlords are arising in the countryside, spreading terror wherever they go. The latest group consists of the surviving orchestrators of the Newdove Coup, who raise an army of countryside peasant rabbles and ex-military deserters. The group captures the ancient hallowed city of Maxville. With Portbarry not being far away, the group moves to get to the city and link up with the Free Fleet and the pro-league rebels.

At this point the strain no the army is obvious as men and supplies run dangerously low. Most loyalist soldiers by now are fighting with bandages, tattered uniforms, modified or stolen weapons and many are simply drugged out of their minds. Leave or discharge has become a distant memory. Political commissars are introduced this month, tasked with enforcing morale in this ghost of an army by any means necessary. They have the authority to kill any deserting soldier on sight without trial.

A League bomber squadron gets lost and bombs, in the fog, a farm. It turns out not just any old farm though; it's the Barry family farm, and the grave of Theodore Barry is damaged. Tom Gorge, the closest living relative, condemns the damage, and the war as a whole, on local media. The story becomes a sensation.

Del-Kasha counter-attacked this month on the Eastern Front. DuRoyal's abilities are for the first time questioned, but soon enough the situation will be under control again. The Del-Kashan attack was halted by a mass outbreak of Portbarry fever in the ranks, cutting down many soldiers.

Fighting resumes in Alexi's Fortress. By the end of the month, Snowflake controls 5/7ths of the city, with the Jenniferian quarters really just being a desperate, mad max-esque hunt for food, bandages and medicine.

OOC: Re-reading that.... oh my goodness, what an awful time to be a Jenniferian. I love :p
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Thu May 11, 2017 4:25 pm

OOC: Gosh, this really is a tough time to be a Jenniferian!

July 1938 - September 1938, Home Front of Jenniferia: King Max II confers the title of "Defenders of the People" upon the ragged remnants of the Jenniferian military. Morale is at perhaps the lowest of any army in Jenniferian history, even among the TSJ, though nobody will admit the fact that they are losing for fear of summary execution by roving political commissars. With their own countrymen at their backs and their own countrymen at the front, the Army of the Jenneferian Republic sees few reinforcements, high casualty rates, and no supplies. Yet they fight on, for they have no alternative. Dubbed "fanatics" by their defected countrymen in the JFA, they fight tooth and nail for their homeland, earning the grudging respect of their opponents. In August, the last major counterattack of the war for the loyalists is launched, managing to briefly drive Snowflake's surprised troops from Alexi's Wall. They are quickly shoved back to their original frontline in one week. The TSJ, however, refuses to give ground and for three weeks hold the line no more than twenty miles from the capitol despite all odds in their own last stand before they finally retreat toward the capitol, having inflicted heavy casualties but having been practically halved in fighting strength. They vow to fight to the death for their king and their capitol.Stockpiled arms in the capitol, including nearly two hundred armored vehicles, are broken out, barricades and trenches crisscross the city, and the surviving remnants dig in for a final, epic battle for the capitol. Jenniferian troops also fall back towards Del-Kasha.

The JFA earn their stripes on the Eastern Front, repelling the last pathetic remnants of the Del-Kashina offense on Noveau-Roi. They rejoin the main force on the Home Front and in two massive battles with loyalists for two key mountains (The Twin Peaks Campaign) they engage in a no-quarter struggle for the last high ground overlooking the capitol. Their opponents execute any JFA POWs on sight (in particular when two companies of 100 total men of surrendered troops are machine-gunned by passing TSJ forces while awaiting escort to the rear, OOC: Malady Massacre) the majority of these executions spearheaded by TSJ forces. The JFA retaliate by showing no mercy towards TSJ forces (but extend mercy to regular Army troops). This bloody display of no quarter stuns even Snowflake's observers and Del-Kashian troops.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction