NATION

PASSWORD

Lets Create A Country's History!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypothetical Jenniferian Civil War: Who would you support? (Choose 2)

RESTORE THE DELEGATES! (delegates of the 18th sun)
10%
VIOLAT WITT USEN! (Radical Purplists)
13%
BORDELLANSSE, LIBRE, SOLIDARILLAT! Also guillotine everything! (Bordeline Nationalist Republicans)
26%
WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK! (Merchants return)
26%
FOR JENNIFERIA! (Gaspoleo Bonne)
6%
Can we just have Alexi I back? No, because I have to make all of these options seem semi-evil to make your decision harder.
19%

Total votes : 151

Caasd
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Sun May 07, 2017 3:01 pm

1919: Diamonds are discovered in the Telvar Republic, leading to a vast diamond rush. Practically every nation tries to form mining companies in the Republic, but the Telvar Delegacy, the only Delegate-led administration left (OOC: or is it?), decides to play diplomacy with this, granting mining licences to countries it agrees with. As the Telvar Republic had backed the Front during the Portbarry crisis, the Delegacy refuses to grant licences to Jenniferia, heavily hinting that if Portbarry were to be restored, then they may be more willing to grant licences...

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Sun May 07, 2017 3:08 pm

1921: The Great Diamond Rush of '19 sparks a get-rich-quick attitude as people from across the globe flow in and a series of towns spring up. Within two years, the population in the nearby region more than triples. The Telvar Delegacy retains a stranglehold monopoly on the supply, however, and disgruntled local and foreign miners and small business owners resent the harsh working conditions and lack of economic freedom to even mine in their own country.Dissent results in a series of populist communities forming and even arming themselves as the Telvar Delegacy turns to the motherland for support as the Telvar Army is sent in. Tensions simmer but do not result in armed conflict. As of that year, that is.
Last edited by Empire of Cats on Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm

1921-1924: With the new military alliance between the Frontier Commonwealth, the Sigil Coast, Bordeline, and Relsenia, Del-Kasha decides to not attack the FC...for now. Instead Del-Kasha invades Sigilite and the nation falls within two months. In response, the Democratic Defense League, which is what the alliance is now known as, begins to prepare for war. Another war seems inevitable.
Meanwhile, the Telvar Delegacy is swept out of power in Telvarsland.Surprisingly, though, the Commonwealthists are unable to gain much power in Telvarsland.
Alexi Comnadus is only able to maintain order inside the capital of Dajing while most of Notching is taken by warlords, Commonwealthists,
those who support a republic, and factions in between those three.

Portbarry becomes the official capital and where Marcus IV reigns,however the council and Terry Barry still remain at Legane City. Barry dies in 1921, (you might have been surprised but he is 78 by now) causing a sudden power vacuum due to the CPJ essentially being held together by Terry. The results of said power vacuum and the Jenniferian elections of 1924, how the war in the Heartland starts or doesn't start, and who comes out on top in Notching can be decided by the next poster.

OOC: Okay, let's keep the old regnal numbers. There will probably be endless amounts of Alexi's though. :p
Last edited by Unnamedland on Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

1924-1925: With Portbarry stabilized and with the king now residing in the city, reunification attention turns to the last separatist state from the Great War: Bordeline. Sure, at this point really the country has become General Eisen's personal fiefdom, but it nonetheless is a member of the Democratic Defense League, which would cause some problems there.

However, the idea isn't quite shelved as the Royal Coalition sweeps to power in the 1925 election. The make-up of the council now looks like this:

Royal Coalition: 90 seats
Commonwealth Party: 60 seats
Democratic Alliance: 20 seats
Common Capital Coalition: 5 seats
National Confederation Party: 15 seats
Others: 5

Thus, the Royal Coalition and the NCP form a coalition. And, annoyingly, the NCP strongly agrees with the king that reuniting the former lost territories is a top priority. Oh my, the fascists have now got some levers of power....

The new government of Telvarsland opens up the diamond mines for private enterprise. Telvarsland becomes one of the richest countries in the world.

Weemus Dowit organizes a new government to administer Sigilite, which naturally joins the Pact. The move is widely seen as a PR stunt to appease the Del-Kasha's many enemies. Weemus may be a hateful fascist, but he isn't stupid yet. The big war will have to wait for now, as the plan works. Nobody in the Democratic Defense League wants to relive the horrors of the Great War just quite yet.

Meanwhile, the first round the world air flight is achieved. Sure, it featured 4 fuel and rest stops on several continents, but the journey is a monument to what arial technology could achieve, if you only dream....

OOC: Fair enough :p
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Sun May 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:1924-1925: With Portbarry stabilized and with the king now residing in the city, reunification attention turns to the last separatist state from the Great War: Bordeline. Sure, at this point really the country has become General Eisen's personal fiefdom, but it nonetheless is a member of the Democratic Defense League, which would cause some problems there.

However, the idea isn't quite shelved as the Royal Coalition sweeps to power in the 1925 election. The make-up of the council now looks like this:

Thus, the Royal Coalition and the NCP form a coalition. And, annoyingly, the NCP strongly agrees with the king that reuniting the former lost territories is a top priority. Oh my, the fascists have now got some levers of power....

Fronted by the ever so intelligent Stephen Telvar, the delegate government of Telvarsland opens up the diamond mines for private enterprise. Telvarsland becomes one of the richest countries in the world.

Weemus Dowit organizes a new government to administer Sigilite, which naturally joins the Pact. The move is widely seen as a PR stunt to appease the Del-Kasha's many enemies. Weemus may be a hateful fascist, but he isn't stupid yet. The big war will have to wait for now, as the plan works. Nobody in the Democratic Defense League wants to relive the horrors of the Great War just quite yet.

Meanwhile, the first round the world air flight is achieved. Sure, it featured 4 fuel and rest stops on several continents, but the journey is a monument to what arial technology could achieve, if you only dream....

Wait... I'm pretty sure that I said a peaceful, quick, and relatively clean revolution happened in 1924 that removed the Delegacy from the government and in the special elections called after that the delegates were unable to regain their power. So Stephen Telvar is no longer in charge of Telvarsland.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

Founder, Defender, Flea

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun May 07, 2017 8:25 pm

OOC: I think we should later extend this timeline beyond 2017, with aliens when we reach the future era
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Mon May 08, 2017 3:14 am

Unnamedland wrote:
Wine-loving Chimps wrote:1924-1925: With Portbarry stabilized and with the king now residing in the city, reunification attention turns to the last separatist state from the Great War: Bordeline. Sure, at this point really the country has become General Eisen's personal fiefdom, but it nonetheless is a member of the Democratic Defense League, which would cause some problems there.

Fronted by the ever so intelligent Stephen Telvar, the delegate government of Telvarsland opens up the diamond mines for private enterprise. Telvarsland becomes one of the richest countries in the world.

Wait... I'm pretty sure that I said a peaceful, quick, and relatively clean revolution happened in 1924 that removed the Delegacy from the government and in the special elections called after that the delegates were unable to regain their power. So Stephen Telvar is no longer in charge of Telvarsland.

OOC: Yeah, I see that. Edited.

Well, might as well add something.

1926: This year is a remarkably uneventful year. The Pact and the Democratic Defense League face each other off, but nobody draws. Both sides begin vying to influence Jenniferia to join their side. While the current government leans towards the Pact, the vast majority of people still favor the Democratic Defense League.

The gold rush meanwhile has calmed down into a more organized, corporate affair. Gold mining though is still a profitable industry though that helps greatly improve the economy.

One thing that is worth noting is the World Peace Council has become rather useless and irrelevant to world affairs. The leadership decides to assert more control on their only directly administered territory, the island of Lampadia. In time, they will reorganize into a regular country just like everyone else...but with leadership from everywhere else. Think the Papacy and the Vatican.

Ted Barry dies, peacefully in his sleep on a lake bank while fishing. On his last day, he confessed that they are in fact the direct descendants of the royal house from the medieval era. He also tells his confessor that the next person in the "traditional" line of succession is lawyer Tom Gorge, the eldest son of Ted's sister.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time, all being stuck in a neverending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession, no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the Materium, turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry, then there will be enough Dakka. Or atleast almost." - The Emperor.
Proud user of NS stats. If you are bad at running your country, maybe take a look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 am

1927: Marcus IV is assassinated by an activist from an unknown group, the Sylax Democracy Partners. The assassin is caught, but commits suicide before they can be interrogated. OOC:Marcus's successor is the choice of the next poster.

The Regional Business Partnership buys out seven diamond mining companies in the now fractured Telvar Republic, and begins selling off the diamonds at a vast profit to various governments who have been unable to secure licenses themselves.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon May 08, 2017 5:26 am

1928: The former remains of Telval Republic become even more richer from al, the corporations, which mined both oil and diamonds from the land. The Telvar Republic is soon under control by the Regional Business Partnership. Meanwhile, Stephen Telvar, who actually studied math and physics in a university in Telvarsland, funded by the Kell couple many years ago, who were now dead, discovered that he actually liked the subject. He soon become a professor who researched physics. Meanwhile, the theories theorized by famous physicist, Samantha Lanner, such as the Theory of Relativity, started to be accepted.

An corporation started by Gray Terrel when he was 21 in 1906, Terrel Corporation, once a single grocery store, have growed to encompass many sectors of economy. His company will ultimately grow to become one of the biggest company in the world, and he himself will become the oldest living man on the world, when he died on age 117 in 2002.

Marcus IV get replaced by a Weemusist leader, a brother of his named Henry Marcus. He declared himself Marcus V, and started to put Weemusist reforms on the nation's law.

Meanwhile, as usual, scientific discoveries that were not mentioned in the posts, were invented over the years, with some being invented even more earlier. Also, both plane and car design were improved, as was ship designs, with the submarine being invented at the end of the Great War. Combustion engines proved to be popular, though steam engines hasn't been entirely replaced, yet. Cars and planes also became increasingly popular
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Mon May 08, 2017 5:48 am

1928-1931:
Marcus IV becomes known as "Marcus IV the Restorer" due his annexation of Portbarry and his status as a relatively strong ruler who "restored" the power of the king after Marcus III's mostly ceremonial rule.

Meanwhile, the Tralvian seccessionist Tralstotti Indepandante Azenalepartlet begins gaining popularity. Currently, the former nation of Tralvian is controlled by the Jenniferian Republic and Allied Newdove, two nations in the "lower government". However, the TIAp wants to split off Tralvia and make it its own autonomous nation within the "lower government", with some members wanting complete independence. It only controls 10 seats in the Council but controls quite a bit of the lower government. Marcus V, the CRC, and the NCP firmly oppose the TIAp.

The CRC reverses many of the CPJ's reforms, such as giving nationalized companies back to private owners and ending the welfare net created by Terry Barry. Meanwhile, Tom Gorge finds out about his succession and runs for councillor as a member of the CRC...and actually succeeds. He begins planning a political career... (the Jenniferians maintain the old-fashioned spelling of "councillor" in order to distinguish it from the word "counselor" used in most situations.)
1930 elections:
Conservative-Royal Coalition:60 seats, including Tom Gorge.
Commonwealth Party of Jenniferia:50 seats.
National Confederation Party:30 seats.
Democratic Alliance:20 seats.
Common Capital Coalition:10 seats.
Tralstotti Indepandante Attenalepartlet:10 seats.
The political void left by the deaths of Terry Barry and Marcus IV has meant that nearly 20 seats have been taken by minor parties or independents.

Marcus V has brought more popularity to the NCP. For now, the CRC is cooperating with the NCP, but some CRC members are concerned about the rise of Weemusism.

On March 1st, 1931, Marcus V submits a declaration of war on Bordeline to the Council and it approves it. The results...can be decided by the next player.

Edit: Ninja'd by Kendor! Will edit more soon.
Edit again: edited to make this make sense.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Mon May 08, 2017 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Mon May 08, 2017 5:58 am

1931: Hercule Diciottu, a relatively unknown Jenniferian author, announces that he has started his own religion, named Delagon. The whole idea is seen by many a ridiculous moneymaking scheme, but he soon has a few hundred followers.

Meanwhile, a coup in Telvarsland results in the former Telvar Republic being re-established as the Telvar Federation, with each of the three factions in the area being granted limited control over their controlled areas, in exchange for acknowledging the central government. Diamond profits are used to bolster the Federation's financial reserves.

The Helaxic government is overthrown in a bloodless coup by a group calling itself the Resurgent Delegate Front, who claim to be the successor organization to the Saviours of the Delegate Philosophy, who they claim dissolved in 1925.

Bordeline ignores Marcus's declaration of war, as "shameless posturing". OOC:Marcus's response is the decision of the next poster...

OOC: Edited to be up to date with edits made to the above post
Last edited by Caasd on Mon May 08, 2017 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 am

March-June 1931: Marcus V's response is to (obviously) invade Bordeline and Relsenia and let them know that this is more than "shameless posturing". Bordeline falls within 3 months but Jenniferian troops are unable to push through the swamps of Relsenia. The Sigil Coast and the Frontier Commonwealth declare war on Jenniferia but they do not attempt any major offensives...yet. The Pact then declares war on the DDL...
(Jenniferia technically isn't allied with the Pact but they are fighting the same enemy. They may switch sides though... )

Also, something else: I decided to write a list of all Jenniferian kings and queens and give them titles, usually based on what they did. Assume any monarchs without a reason for death died naturally. Some of these titles weren't thought of by me, other posters had already included them.

Max I The Founder: 1000-1015: House of Barry
Oliver I The Ambitious: 1015-1025: House of Barry (killed fighting Icewalker Empire)
Felicity I The Pious: 1025-1040: House of Barry (executed during a rebellion)
???
Civil War
Alexi I The Great: 1150-1161: House of Barry (assassinated)
Romulus Augustine I The Cruel: 1161-1177: House of Barry (executed by Icewalker Empire)
Romulus Augustine II The Helpless: 1177-??? House of Barry (most likely died during civil war)
Civil War
Anarion I the Unifier: 1207-1251: House of ???
Interregnum
Freidrich I the Drunk: 1252-1257: House of Claustaft (imprisoned by council, died under "suspicious circumstances" 2 years later)
The Council
Civil War
Valerian I the Liberator: 1266-1297: House of Barry (executed in coup)
Arandoval I the Peasant King: 1307-???: ??? [Valeria]
Karl I the Merchant's King: 1307-???: House of Barry [Violetia-Maxville]
???
Arandoval II the Peasant Prince: ???-???: ??? [Valeria]
Karl III the Warrior: ???-???: House of Barry [Violetia-Maxville]
Josephine I the Bold: ???-1420 : ???
Alexi III the Reunifier: ???-1428: House of Barry
Alexi IV the Lion/the Long-Reigned: 1428-1481: House of Barry
Valois I the Holy/the Cruel: 1483-1488: House of Barry (assassinated)
Marcus I the Brave: 1488-1495: House of Barry (assassinated/fell out of balcony)
Marcus II the Wheelchair King/the Just: 1495-1527: House of Barry (complications from battle injuries)
Alexi V the Colonial: 1527-1553 (assassinated by delegates of the 18th sun)
Interregnum
Daniel V the Kitsune King/the Traitor: 1554-1575: ???(executed by Holy Council)
Valois II the Hated: 1575-1577: ??? (executed by Karl V)
Karl V the Mad: 1575-1581: ??? (executed by delegates of the 18th sun)
Axel I the Delegate: 1581-1604: House of Jackson (assassinated by New Sun)
Interregnum/New Sun
Alexi VI the Defeated: 1607-???
Alexi VII the Bored: ???-1703
Alexi VIII the Overthrown: 1703-173? (most likely killed in civil war)
Civil War
Gaspoleo Bonne
Revolutionary Republic of the New Sun
Alexi IX the Pacifist: 1828-1860: House of Claxton (retired and died in 1869)
Revolutionary Republic of the New Sun
Civil War
Marcus III the Incompetent: 1888-1911: House of Claxton-Egad
Marcus IV the Restorer: 1911-1928: House of Claxton-Egad
Marcus V the <still reigning, no title yet>:1928-???: House of Claxton-Egad

I'll add more when I have more time.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Tue May 09, 2017 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 am

OOC: And here comes World War 2. Also, neat list!

June-December 1931: War rages across the region and more countries dog pile into it. Minisha joins the Democratic Defense League to defend against Weemusist aggression, Helaxion opportunistically joins the Pact in hopes of favors from Del-Kasha, Lampadia/The World Peace council joins the Democratic Defense League as the league is generally seen as more internationalist, the Telvar Federation joins the Pact after Weemus Dowit promises them a monopoly on the old World's sea lanes. Meanwhile the Sigil Coast falls back on it's good old reliable friend, absurd amounts of money, to straight out buy the allegiance of Darcelia. Snowflake for now is neutral, but naturally they are strengthening that Alexi's Wall as hard as they can.

The sides now look like this:

Democratic Defense League (+allies)
- Bordeline
- Relsinia
- Frontier Commonwealth
- Minisha
- World Peace Council/Lampadia Island
- Darcelia
- Sigil Coast

The Pact (+ allies)
- Del-Kasha
- Jenniferia
- Helaxion
- Kargazastan
- Telvar Federation
- Sigilite (basically Del-Kasha puppet state though)

General Eisen, an old man by now, leads Bordeline's armies from the front. Relsinia and Borderline are soon boosted by reinforcements from Sigil Coast and the Frontier Commonwealth. Minishan troops join them a few weeks later. Meanwhile Jenniferian soldiers are boosted by Helaxion's forces. A stalemate reigns on this front line.

Del-Kasha storms much of the Frontier Commonwealth with shocking efficiency. Frontier forces collapse for miles until they reach the capital, which is held for at least several months.

At sea Del-Kasha unleashes a new weapon- the submarine. The submarine primarily is sent to hunt for enemy merchant shipping, but they sink several warships as well, including the Sigil Coast's ship the "Dreadnaught".
Slava Ukraini

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Mon May 08, 2017 2:55 pm

January - September 1932: The Democratic Defense League wins its first battles with the armies of the Pact in a series of decisive engagements during the first half of the year. Minisha's stormtroopers spearhead the First Western Regions Offense, which takes Helaxion's underprepared and still mobilizing forces by surprise. Within six weeks, the Helaxion Armed Forces have been decimated and are fighting for their capitol in vicious street-to-street combat. The quick deployment of allied troops from Jenniferia halts the onslaught, but not before the capitol falls. In the East, Kargazastan, Del-Kasha, and the Telvar Federation's combined military might is incurred by the tiny, neutral nation of Nouveau-Roi, whose territory offers the quickest approach to the Frontier Commonwealth and who politely but firmly declines the 'offer' of Del-Kasha to 'allow' troops to cross the nation. The Nouveau-Roiians stun the world by managing to bog down the invaders with trench warfare and masterful hit-and-run tactics. Inconclusive battles consume the majority of the year in the Eastern Front. To the North, Darcelia marks one of the few bright spots in the war for the Pact. Underprepared, it is almost entirely overrun within three months before allied troops from the Sigil Coast manage to repel the invaders, though the capitol remains under the control of Jenniferia.

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

October 1932: With the military otherwise occupied, the people of Portbarry start a small armed rebellion, quickly taking a third of the city for themselves, and demand independence once again.

Darcelian physicists present their plans for the construction of an "atomic pile" to their government. They are laughed out of the room. They decide to flee to Nouveau-Roi, where the government is much more receptive to their plans.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 am

December 1932: The technology were now equivalent to 1930's, 1940's, and early 1950's techs, with some few other techs from other, more advanced decades. Though there are still some absent techs.

The Weemusist and Anti-Weemusist factions launched a new type of ship for battle, the Aircraft carrier. Invented some years after the Great War, the carriers are deployed for the first time in the Second Great War. Del-Kasha and it's allies, meanwhile, started to open concentration camps that imprison all non-Weemusist and people from enemy nations, wether they are POW's or civilians. In the camps, they run gruesome acts of extermination, as well as experimentations. Del-Kasha also launches it's new weapons, flamethrowers and early missiles, while Darcelia and Sigil Coast launched the radar. Both Sigil Coast and Del-Kasha then started research on Jet Engines, among other IRL WWII inventions. The computer, meanwhile, have now advanced to 1950's-1960's level, with programs to crack secret codes being invented in Darcelia.
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 am

1933, January: Portbarian rebels seize control of another third of the city, with some planning to forcefully secede if needed.

Shocked by the concentration camps, the Telvar Federation breaks away from the pact, and withdraws all it's forces. Public opinion in Jenniferia and Helaxion rapidly begins to swing away from the Pact, with many calling for defections to the League.

In Nouveau-Roi, the defected physicists complete their atomic pile, which becomes self sustaining on the 9th of the month. The Nouveau-Roi military takes a sudden interest in "Project Harmless", the name with with the project has been designated.

The religious movement of Delagon continues to grow in popularity, with almost a third of Jenniferia and nearly a quarter of the Telvar Federation joining. Hercule Diciottu rapidly becomes something of a celebrity.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 5:22 am

1933, March-December: A counter-rebellion takes Portbarry. Most citizens still remember the Portbarrian Civil War and want the stability of Jenniferia. Their culture is also mostly the same as Jenniferia. (think Austria and Germany) The rebels are pushed back but continue fighting.

Meanwhile the Jenniferians begin to develop "depth tactics". They replace airship bombers with planes, which are much faster and smaller which makes them harder to shoot down. They also drop large amounts of paratroopers behind enemy lines to shock and confuse the enemy and to go past defensive lines. They use motorized vehicles, including tanks imported from Del-Kasha, to push into enemy territory. Using this they manage to make Darcelia and Bordeline surrender, shocking the League and swinging public opinion back in favor of the war. (Rumors that the CRC and King Marcus V are rigging the election are obviously dismissed as enemy propaganda. :p )

The tactics also work well in Relsenia, where the Jenniferians capture Relsenport and execute most of the government. However, most of the country still remains controlled by resistance forces. Jenniferian tactics don't work well in the rural fields and swamps of Relsenia where rivers are still used as transportation and roads are rare.

Del-Kasha denies the concentration camps and says that they are just propaganda and lies made up by their enemies. The Telvar Federation, however, remains neutral.

Meanwhile, in the Heartland, the front mostly remains the same.

OOC: Project Harmless is fine, especially since tech level is already 1940s, but don't make it move too fast. IRL the US got an atomic pile around 1940 but the first atomic bomb test wasn't until 1945. And Nouveau-Roi is a small country without the resources of the US. Liked the code name though. :p

Basically Jenniferia just went bliztkrieg but with air warfare as well. IRL Nazi Germany overran countries at about the same pace in 1940, so don't call Jenniferia OP. Besides, most of Relsenia is still controlled by resistance groups.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Tue May 09, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue May 09, 2017 5:43 am

January 1934: Sigil Coast sends scientists some Nouveau-Rori to help with the atomic bomb development, as well as resources. They also constructed many complexes to support Project Harmless. However, a Sigil Coast scientist, Alfred Ganner, suffered an accident while working with the plutonium, causing him to become the first person to die from radiation poisoning after surviving for a week since the exposure.

Sigil Coast started to do "Operation Pervasion", a huge intelligence operation, involving secretly recording confessions from captured POW's, sending secret agents to gather intelligence, forming the Sigil Coast Special Raiding Force, and other reconnaissance, intelligence, and special force missions. Sigil Coast, gaining informations about the collection of Heavy Water in Del-Kasha, started to send planes to bomb any facilities producing it. They also sended secret agents to destroy any radars they capture from Darcelia, as well as taking the code cracking program from Darcelia. However, Del-Kasha has already put both to use.

Meanwhile, Sigilite break away from the Weemusist alliance, after a rebellion led by a woman named Zara Franner. She develops an extreme version of Commonwealthism, called Zaranism (think of Stalinism and Maoism combined).
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 am

1934, February: Telvar scientists arrive in Nouveau-Roi to assist in Project Harmless. If the project goes according to schedule, it could be completed by 1943 at the earliest.

Helaxion withdraws from the pact, as more and more of the country becomes opposed to the tactics used. However, they do not defect to the other side, and instead simply become non-belligerent.

Portbarian rebels burst into King Marcus's chambers, threatening to depose him if they are not granted independence. However, during the resulting fire-fight between rebels and palace guards, a defective gun used by a guard explodes, resulting in shrapnel becoming embedded into the King, who had chosen to ignore the guards instructions to hide. He survives, but is warned that the shrapnel will kill him eventually if it is not removed, and that the operation to remove it will probably kill him as well.

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Tue May 09, 2017 7:49 am

January-May 1934, Eastern Front: The stalemate in and around Nouveau-Roi continues as Del-Kashian forces, aided by Kargazistanian troops, launch the Third Eastern Regions Offense, aimed at finally quelling Nouveau-Roiian resistance and reaching the Frontier Commonwealths. A massive offense involving nearly a full fourth of Del-Kasha's armed might, it is finally able to steamroll the enemy that spring, breaking the trench warfare of the first two years. Del-Kashian troops rampage through the tiny nation. Panic ensues on the Nouveau-Roiiian side and collapse is barely avoided by the brave actions of Captain DuRoyal, a commissioned officer in the minuscule armored forces who launches a counteroffensive on his own initiative after his CO is KIA. Rallying the surviving, scattered military troops on the front, he organizes a counteroffensive, Operation Counterpunch, which smashes through the surprised Del-Kashians, who assumed that resistance had been quelled. The offense is a success, rolling back the front nearly a hundred and fifty miles and well into Del-Kasha, putting the war on Del-Kashian soil for the first time in the war (OOC: Think Erwin Rommel).

May-June 1934, Western Front: The Pact and the Allies clash on Minishian soil in what many foreign observers call the most devastating battle in recent memory, indeed, in modern history, and certainly the most awe-inspiring as nearly seventy thousand armored vehicles from both sides engage in the Battle of the Grassy Plains (OOC: Kursk, anybody?), setting the prairie alight with flame and results in nearly thirty-four thousand destroyed tanks across the vast expanse of nearly a thousand miles.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 am

July-November 1934: King Marcus V is lucky. He's survived the needed operation, but he is still injured and close to dying. Nowadays he is surrounded by doctors and bodyguards and almost never makes public appearances. The last Portbarrian rebels surrender. In Tralvia, however, rebellions are increasing and most Tralvians now support independence from Jenniferia.
Jenniferian troops surprise the Pact by landing in the Sigil Coast and defeating the unprepared Sigil forces in Operation Icebreaker. Jenniferian forces capture the prosperous southwest coast but are unable to push north or inland through the snowy mountains of the Sigil Coast.
Meanwhile, the Frontier Commonwealth successfully cracks the DK-P5 code, giving them an advantage in the war. Meanwhile, Jenniferian forces continue to get bogged down (literally, the area has a large amount of swamps and rivers) by the Relsenian resistance.
50,000 Del-Kashan tanks push across the rural plains of Central Heartland, turning east and preparing to cross the Tridrumas Riverin order to outflank League forces in Nouveau-Roi. However, due to the breaking of the DK-P5 code the Frontier Commonwealth finds out a huge battle occurs over a 120-mile front that quickly becomes filled with dead bodies, crashed airships, planes, and helicopters, and destroyed vehicles. DuRoyal is promoted to lead most of the Nouveau-Roi forces in the battle. The battle rages for 3 months and thousands die. At the end of the battle...the next player can decide who won and what happened next.

OOC: The list of Jenniferian kings is complete.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Wine-loving Chimps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wine-loving Chimps » Tue May 09, 2017 9:01 am

OOC: Let's throw some randomness into the works :p

July, 1934: King Marcus V is kidnapped by a Sigil Coast special ops team just weeks after a successful operation to remove the shrapnel. After a 3 week manhunt looking for their king, Jenniferia is shocked when their enemy announces that they have captured the king.

Another spec ops team, this one from Minisha, attempts to assassinate Weemus Dowit. The attempt fails, but they do shoot his eye out, forcing the kitsune to wear an eyepatch.

Relsinia's main army (or what's left of it anyway) hold the line at the same river where they had stopped the Jenniferian advance in the last Great War. Just like in the last Great War, Relsinia's underdeveloped swampland that is the majority of the country continues to bedevil the Jenniferians.

After the close shave that had been the Del-Kasha spring offensive, the nuclear facilities in Nouveau-Roi are relocated to the Frontier Commonwealth. The process though will take weeks to complete.

A second civil war breaks out in Helaxion as the local Weemusists (or Restrictionists, as they are known locally) attempt to bring that nation back into the Second Great War.
Last edited by Wine-loving Chimps on Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Caasd
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Caasd » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 am

1934, November, continued: A disagreement breaks out in Nouveau-Roi between those who feel that the nuclear research should stay in Nouveau-Roi, as it is still a neutral country and not a part of the war, and League representatives who want to capitalize on the research. The movement operation is put on hold, whilst the Telvar Federation offers to host the facility, as it is a non-belligerent.

A rogue Sigil Coast guard, who blames Marcus V for the death of his brother, breaks into his cell and assassinates him. The guard is imprisoned for the murder, and the body of Marcus V is returned to Jenniferia. His son, Marcus VI takes the throne.

The Teklavar region of Darcelia breaks away, claiming that they disagree with current events. Teklavari forces quickly fortify the borders, forcing out the invading troops.
Last edited by Caasd on Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 am

I think we all ninja'd each other at the same time...but I posted first.
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction