NATION

PASSWORD

Books that you made, post here.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Kopria
Attaché

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Books that you made, post here.

Postby Kopria » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Here's part 1 of my Alien Fan Fiction novels series:

Part 1: Unknown Accusations
I awoke, my head reeling. My throat had been cut, the floor was melting. I rose, sudden pain jolting through my thigh. It had been a long time since I was born. A week earlier, my mother, the Imperial Queen, had laid my egg. I was not just a normal face hugger, I was a rouge. Blue veins pulsed around my egg. Some stupid human brought it aboard his ship. I had to hatch, I couldn't wait any longer. My second life would die, so I emerged, the red veins on my tail growing steadily darker. I surveyed the room, no one was there. I crept gently around the corridor. The door in front of me hissed open. Instinctively, I dashed up the walls, pressing my body flat. 2 guards came in, the door left open, there was my chance to escape. Bolting as fast as I could, I made it out of there alive. But more trouble was afoot, Guards patrolled constantly, Scientists conversed and some laughed. I saw a healthy looking male guard. He was secluded, so I followed him throughout the musty, sweaty corridor. He opened a door to his room, so I made fast to get in. Making perfect timing, I once again pressed myself, this time to the ceiling. But I had to remain there for what seemed like hours. He wouldn't stop moving. Once he settled down, my body was already aching from holding on. I took my chance, dropping from the ceiling, I landed flat on his face. I curled my legs and claws to prevent his movement, and muffle his screaming. He fell to the floor with a thump, till writhing to remove me. But it was too late for him, the egg already injected, all I had to do was wait then everything went black. I woke up, surrounded by a red wet covering. I had limited movement. For some reason, I could feel a steady beat. I was successful at my face hug. All I had to do now was wait. I could hear talking, so I waited longer. I began to grow slightly larger. Less and less room, and less air. The talking finally stopped, the muscles fat and tissue around me jiggling. I heard a closing of a door. He was alone, I pushed my head forward, gently maneuvering it through the tissue. I heard groaning and gasps. My head stopped, I had hit the ribs. Coiling my tail, I clamped my jaws shut, to protect my still developing teeth. I counted 3...2...1... now. Shoving with all my might, I exploded through organs, bones, skin and clothing. I breathed a fresh breath of air. what was once a healthy man, was now a bloodied corpse. My skin already black, most younglings turn black after their first limbs. My head covered in red, purple, and blue cross-hatches arced over my head. I had only a few minutes to escape. I looked around for vents, holes or openings. Only a lone A-C shaft was there, I made for it. Embarrassingly, I only smashed mu head into the wall. So with a great headache, I slithered up the walls and into the shaft. I spent the night there, keeping my body cool. I awoke the next morning to explore. Quietly, I slithered room to room, counting humans as I went by, It took me only 50 or so minutes to travel the entire ship. Only 90 humans were aboard, not counting the captain. I went Into the main shaft of the ventilation, a room about 7 feet tall, and 6 feet wide. I curled up to ensure as much room as possible during my molt. I awoke the next morning to an alarm. A speaker blared, I was too big to fit in-between the shafts. So I tore a small hole for me to peek through. No humans, I balled my hand into a fist, and struck down into the floor. It fell through like tinfoil. I then used my newly formed tail to rip a massive gouge through it. Pulling away the sheets of steel, I then made way to jump down. Now on the floor, my newly made arms, legs and claws glistening, my tail a leathery whip, with a sword blade at the tip. My mission was to eradicate every life form. I saw a guard, frozen in horror, he reached for his gun, but too slowly. I was already on him, claws and teeth a-blaze. He fell to the floor, what was left of him, of course. I opened my mouth wide to roar, and something popped out and retracted. It was my mini-mouth. I heard of these before, they were a weapon of deadly force. I practiced shooting it till it was sore. I was off track, so I, trudged on. But the next room had at least five guards and 20 scientists. They stared at me, and I stared back. The guards took out small guns and fired, a bullet struck me in the chest, I shrieked. Then went into an unbridled rage tail sweeping, claws tearing and mini-mouth flying. More and more bullets struck me as guards flooded the newly painted room. My acidic blood pouring out of a torn vein in my hand, I decided to use it for my own purpose. I dodged left and right from the bullets, each guard that I passed in the room got a melting slap to the face. I stopped sprinting, to catch my breath. I surveyed the room, saliva dripping, frothing, at my lips. five dead guards, 20 dead scientists and 8 writhing guards. I decided to give them a quick one, a tail stab to the chest. Putting them out of their misery. I proceeded to move from room to room, slaughtering humans as I went. All had been defeated. Except the captain, who was still at the wheel. I was at the control bay, I was hissing softly. The captain still just standing there. He pressed some buttons, and engaged the auto pilot. He turned around and stared at me. He didn't flinch at all, except for his steady breathing, and the occasional blink. He reached into a black canister at his side and removed a scythe. At its business end, it had a warrior tail tip, tied to the pole. This obviously infuriated me. We charged, he struck my legs with the iron-had pole. I felt a gross crunching sound, he had fractured my thigh, I roared in sheer pain, slime oozing from my mouth. He turned to me with a wild grin on his face. My speed had been greatly reduced. All I could do now was wait for him to charge again. He leaped into the air, and struck me down again with the butt of the scythe. I fell to the ground, hissing loudly. He stood above me, and laughed. I felt like I had betrayed the entire race of my people, the Xenomorphs. I looked at the front of the ship, and noticed he was heading towards my home planet. I swept him off his feet with my tail, smashing him into a wall. He fell slumped against the wall groaning. I rose my muscles and bones aching. I walked over to him. I opened my mouth, and he sliced at my throat, opening hundreds of veins. I writhed in hideous pain, acid flying everywhere. Melting the floor, controls, and the captain. He then began to writhe as well. His clothes already melted, he was melting, skin and muscle melted away on his pain- filled body. A skeleton was all that was left after his pain. The pain would obviously get worse for me, the ship had entered the atmosphere, and began to plummet. Spiraling down, I was flung about the cabin. The alarm screaming "IMPACT IN T-MINUS 10 SECONDS,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, PREPARE FOR IMPACT". Then bam, I was flung over into the iron-hard controls. My head struck first, instantly, I blacked out. I awoke, my head reeling. My throat had been cut, the floor was melting. I rose, sudden pain jolting through my thigh. I stumbled around the wreckage, calling for any scouts. I shrieked louder and louder. I continued this for hours. Grief filling my head. I emitted a roar so loud, it broke the screens in the cabin. I then fell to the floor, I curled into a tight ball. Hissing in sobs, I then heard a friendly call. I called back. Then the metal began to tear next to me. And two imperial scouts came in, greeting me with excited hisses. One said "What is your name, rogue?", I tried to remember, then it struck me, I replied "Quadraxon, I serve thee, royal members." The two scouts looked at each other and smiled. They returned in unison, "We serve you, first-born of the Imperial Queen." They then took me upon their backs and carried me miles and miles to the place where I was laid, the crystal cavern. They lowered me down gently. I looked around the room. Guards were lined up around the circular walls. They stared at me, some whispered excited messages to each other. I heard A deep growl, and all the guards fell silent. A dark figure stood before me. I cowered in fear, and looked up only to see a huge, deformed, Xenomorph face. Teeth jutting out at odd angles, its head round, yet immensely sharp pointed. The grimace then changed to a loveable grin. " My son, you have returned, and completed your mission." I was overwhelmed with joy, we embraced, she was affectionately licking me. She then whispered to me "I have someone to see you." I replied, "Who would that be mother?" She chuckled and said "A lesser Queen." I then froze still, extremely frightened. Lesser Queens were vicious, rude, and ruthless. I heard stomping and hissing. A healthy looking lesser queen entered the room. I said "speak your name, loyal subject." She charged at me, when she was on top of me, she had my hands around my throat, she hissed "You DARE disrespect me! I am your queen, now take it back or you will be slain!" My mother roared and pinned the Lesser to the ground " He is my only son, his mission was extremely valuable!" She released her pin and the lesser got up, not frightened at all. Before I could speak two scouts came in, dragging a kicking and screaming Pred-alien. One scout managed to puff out "My Queen, this scum has been accused of treason to the upper northern hive!" The Pred-alien screamed in rage, " I have done no such thing!" The lesser said calmly, " Scouts, release him, you may now leave. His punishment will NOT be merciful." The Pred-alien was extremely frightened now, when they released him he began to bow saying "Please, have mercy o' queen of time, I have done nothing wrong!!" My mother kneeled and brushed away some dreadlocks, and said softly "Child, I do not accuse you, but if the scouts say it is true, you will be tried. Treason is the worst thing that could happen." The Pred-alien was now calmed, but still jittery, he stuttered "All I did w-w- was sim-m-m-ply talk to the bio-aliens who where trespassing. Is that too bad, Whoever spied on me was wrong. Fatally wrong!" My mother sighed and grumbled "What were their names?" The Pred-alien said "O54 l and James 3.5." My mother was enraged now, "WHY DIDN'T YOU SPEAK THIS EARLIER! ALL NOTHEREN HIVE MEMBERS KNOW, IF THEY ARE SPOTTED, THEY NEED TO BE ELIMINATED!" Two guards grabbed him and took him down a corridor, and suddenly a shriek was echoing across the room. They returned, but this time the Pred-alien had no tail. They chucked him onto the floor, one of them spat on him. The Pred-alien curled into a ball and whimpered. My mother hissed furiously " You will go and find them, if you don't, I will remove your head at its shoulders." He immediately stood, and said " May I take a partner?" my mother stared, she said " Any volunteers, to go with this scum bag?" No answers, so I said "I will accompany him." The end of part 1.

Thukidides
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Books that you made, post here.

Postby Thukidides » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Edit:

In all fairness, please run it through an editor before posting. I'll refrain from any high-handed remarks if it is legible.
Last edited by Thukidides on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 am

Unlike Thukidides, I would like to give what you wrote a chance, but you really need to discover the concept of paragraphs. It's just plain impossible to read.
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 am

From an Alien's point of view, huh?

Interesting and perhaps original, but I have difficulty buying an alien's thought process as being anything even remotely near-human.

Keep posting though. I want to see where this goes.
Last edited by The Romulan Republic on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Kopria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kopria » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Dagnia wrote:Unlike Thukidides, I would like to give what you wrote a chance, but you really need to discover the concept of paragraphs. It's just plain impossible to read.

i know, in part 2 it's better.

Kopria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kopria » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 pm

heres part 2, might be easier to read. PART 3 COMING SOON, I NEED TO FINISH IT!

Part 2: The Bio Assault
The Pred-alien and I marched across hill after hill, desert after desert. We were still far till' the boundary lines. As we trudged, we had an eerie feeling of spies. Every few hours I would have the strangest feeling of betrayal. The hours we were out, I never found out the Pred-alien's name. I simply said, "What's your name?" He simply replied "Bardolph, 5th born under the reign of Alera, Lesser queen of the forests of the east. What is your name?" I replied "Quadraxon, first born of the imperial queen." He nodded, the sun literally baking the ground that ached our feet. He said questioningly "What place did you come from?" I stopped mid step and tensed my body. He asked again. I gave him a look that meant to be quiet. I pointed to a ridge, we saw 2 light green dots moving about the shadows. "Spies" I said gritting my teeth. I un-tensed my body, and decided to change direction. "Let's head towards them, that might give us some answers." I went forward, every 100 steps or so, I changed pace to even faster. By the time we had gone a few hundred feet, I was already at a full bodied sprint. Bardolph barely keeping up. His heavy feet thudding against the sandy dirt, billowing up dust clouds behind him. We were gaining ground and fast, I wasn't breaking a sweat, but Bardolph was panting heavily, saliva dribbling down his neck, sweat oozing through his dread-locks. Once we appeared at the hill I stopped to allow Bardolph some rest. When I laid to catch my breath, he collapsed onto the ground panting crazily. He laid there and he finally said, "Your Crazy." I chuckled, " You're not built like me. But you may be stronger." I held out my hand, he grabbed it and I helped him up. I suddenly shoved him down, He grunted, but I clamped his mouth shut before he could shout. We shimmied on the dirt to peer over the hill. Then we saw them, two Bio-Praetorians. They grunted and hissed in some language unable to decipher. They then left, their feet shaking the ground around them. We waited until they disappeared over the hill. I ordered Bardolph to come with me. "Be silent, they can hear very well, even if they're stomping their feet." We moved and stayed in the shadows, but there were few, never leaving them out of our sight. Bardolph asked quietly, "what are those things?" I answered quietly as well, but seriously. "Praetorians, they are the top guns of any alien kingdom." That made Bardolph even more frightened. We moved on, the day finally began to settle into night. We had to adjust our sight, but that posed a problem, we had begun to lose sight of the Praetorians. We decided to settle down that night. We laid ourselves down in a gulley, down near a cliff ridge. I awoke suddenly only to see the praetorians standing right on the cliff. Bardolph was still asleep, he blended in with the darkness, but I didn't. The Praetorians stood there, hissing and drooling. I was motionless, I wanted to make sure they didn't notice me. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours. By the time morning arrived, I ached and I was going to collapse from my position. The praetorians finally left, but I stayed still until I could feel their footsteps no longer. I fell, sweat dribbling down my face. Bardolph looked at me suspiciously. " You went out for a run? At this time of morning?" he said. I replied "No, the praetorians nearly spotted us. I couldn't move for a few hours." Bardolph nodded, got up, and let out a huge yawn. I did almost exactly the same. We stretched and began our journey again. We left early, so the sand wouldn't be so hot. We traded jokes, told stories, and talked about our journey. We were happy and mellow, the only problem was, Bardolph and I were getting dehydrated. So we took time off from our path, and searched for water, or an oasis. It was noon, no water or food, our feet were blistering from overuse, heat, and our sweat was no help. We finally found a cactus plant. I quickly sliced it's top off, and luscious water began to spill out. We each took our own half, and guzzled it down. We drank and drank until our bellies were full. We had the energy to move on, but that rest added an extra 18 or so hours to our week-long journey. We finally reached a forest opening. I said "Be careful, the aliens here aren't what you'd expect. They are fat, slimy, and tall. They live in small tribes within the forest. And they aren't very hospitable." Bardolph said back " Bring them all here, we can take them!" We grinned at each other, I was beginning to feel a brotherly bond with him. We were traveling, then we heard a ear-splitting scream. We immediately ran in that direction. Until we could see at least 10 hulking Forest aliens beating on a mini-queen. She was of my type, and so instinct kicked in. Bardolph and I surrounded the foresters, but they could not see us. One by one, we slaughtered them. Slitting throats, and crushing heads until they were all gone. We finally reached the small queen, here delicate head-spines were bruised, and her skin was cut into deeply. She stared at us, with an innocent face, which then turned to rage at the sight of Bardolph. She screamed loudly "HOW DARE YOU COME HERE! YOU SHOULD BE KILLED RIGHT NOW! ROYAL, TAKE HIM DOWN!" I refused, she was now angry at the both of us, she said "You should be ashamed to disobey me." I then lowered my head, and showed her the imperial markings. She gasped and began to sob pitifully. I asked "Why do you cry, little one?", she muffled back "I'm sorry, I must be killed now." This tore at my heartstrings. She didn't deserve to die, she should have just asked me to help her. I grabbed her hand, and lifted her up. She looked back, then looked at Bardolph with an evil eye. She asked if we could protect her on her way back. We said that she come along with us, but she can't go back until we have finished our quest. So we marched on, the young queen keeping a fair distance from Bardolph. Once again, I needed to know names. So I asked her, "What's your name?", she replied, "Kitana, last born of the desert queen." I nodded, "It's a shame that a beautiful queen died before her time" I said. She stopped and turned around, "She didn't die of disease, she was murdered by bio aliens, named 054I and James 3.5." My blood began to boil, anger rushed through my veins, "Those Bio's won't make it through the night when I lay my hands on them!" We quickened our pace, for hours, we saw nothing but trees, but finally made it to a clearing, we had reached our destination. "The bio outposts, I knew they were here" Kitana said softly. I nodded and Bardolph was staying still. He muttered under his breath and finally gasped "They're not here!", we were astonished, "Where would they be?" I said. Bardolph thought again, and said frightened, "Home.". My heart pounded within my chest, I feared for my clan, my mother, and Bardolph. They were all I had, so we took off at full speed. We never rested, drank or ate for hours upon end. At least a day passed by, and we were still moving, when Xenomorphs are defending their clan, they will not need rest for a long time. When we reached the edge of the desert Bardolph and I were last at, we saw thousands upon thousands of Bio-Praetorians, they were heading towards my homeland. We did nothing but stare in pure fear. Until we saw Imperial and Desert Praetorians come over the opposite hill. The two opposing forces met like tidal waves to a beach. It was impossible to tell who was who. We rushed around the war, and stormed to my mother's chamber. She lay on the ground, weeping, surrounded by guards. She looked up and her face brightened, even when she saw Bardolph. He told her that he had failed, when a spine-breaking hug was finished, but my mother didn't care. She looked up and saw Kitana, "Who might you be?" she asked. Kitana bowed before my mother and said "I am Kitana, last born of the desert queen." My mother looked saddened, her face filled with pity. She said "That Queen was my sister, and so, you are my niece, you may be in our hospitality." Kitana rose and then hugged her, they hugged for about a minute then she said " Guards, arrange another wave of Praetorians, then send in Bulk-Runners to help with Bardolph and my son, they need assistance in fighting. Bardolph and I were not astonished, this is what we were born to do, and so we stood tall, and when the Bulk-Runners arrived, we began shouting orders to them, military tactics, and so on. We then stormed out to the desert, ready for battle. End of part 2.

Return to Arts & Fiction