NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:06 pm

No new Flash tonight cause of these fucking midterm elections.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm

They're really leaning in on this Beebo thing.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:They're really leaning in on this Beebo thing.

I'm not complaining.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 pm

The Legends go to summer camp.
Little mini AvaLance was adorable. And surprisingly badass. And Rory has found himself a new crime pal. About time.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 am

swamp thing tease annoys me.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Iris West.
Throwing herself off buildings for her man. Now that's a woman right there.

Also, yay Cecile. Glad she nipped Nora's whiny bullshit in the bud.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 am

D'aww, Legends.
Platypus of the non-venomous, egg-laying variety
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:I will never stop being a gay platypus.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Ostroeuropa wrote:"Can we just eat SOME of the rich?"

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 am

Are the current seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends worth it? I have not watched any episode of either season since last year's crossover. Can I watch teh new seasons without the episodes from the previous season that I've missed?
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

Frievolk wrote:Are the current seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends worth it? I have not watched any episode of either season since last year's crossover. Can I watch teh new seasons without the episodes from the previous season that I've missed?

Legends is carrying a lot of stuff over from last season, so you'd probably want to watch that first. It's worth it, though.
Last edited by Platypus Bureaucracy on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platapusses are not rel

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:
Frievolk wrote:Are the current seasons of Arrow, Flash, and Legends worth it? I have not watched any episode of either season since last year's crossover. Can I watch teh new seasons without the episodes from the previous season that I've missed?

Legends is carrying a lot of stuff over from last season, so you'd probably want to watch that first. It's worth it, though.

What about Arrow or Flash? I must admit, I was pretty much in the dark about them (intentionally) until I heard about this new Crossover idea, which sounds interesting.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Frievolk wrote:
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:Legends is carrying a lot of stuff over from last season, so you'd probably want to watch that first. It's worth it, though.

What about Arrow or Flash? I must admit, I was pretty much in the dark about them (intentionally) until I heard about this new Crossover idea, which sounds interesting.

I ditched Arrow towards the end of the last season and Flash at the start of this one, so I couldn't say.

Platapusses are not rel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Frievolk wrote:
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:Legends is carrying a lot of stuff over from last season, so you'd probably want to watch that first. It's worth it, though.

I still watch both. Arrow at this point just out of habit. This current storyline is a complete snooze. Oliver is still in jail, there's a fake Green Arrow and Diaz is still the bad guy. Really I'm only half paying attention usually. So no, I'd say you aren't missing anything.

Flash is so-so. The new bad guy is cool and they're giving Ralph something to do besides be an idiot. But there's also another annoying version of Wells, their bitchy future daughter and this frankly uninteresting subplot about Killer Frost.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Frievolk wrote:

Arrow is a direct continuation, he is living the consequences of the end of last season. The season villain hasn't really been revealed much the same way there was a fake out until about halfway through last season. But the current plot stems from the end of last season. It's still a comic book show drawn with broad strokes so it's not like you can't figure it out. They replaced flashbacks with flashforwards. Something to do with Arsenal. Likely links to new arrow.

Likewise Flash is fallout from last season. The new bad was caused by the destruction of the old bad's evil plan, the crisis caused by the introduction of a character at the end of last season. Again, they verbally recap to each other often enough you can sort it out. I don't know what you like so I can't tell you what to watch.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Couple notes: We won't be seeing much of Joe for a while. His actor guy had back surgery so he's gonna be MIA for a while.

And Batwoman is set to debut in this coming Elseworlds special.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 am

Kind of wondering if batwoman will be earth one from what someone said in Arrow.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

More reasons to be glad I quit Supergirl.

Seriously, Ducky as Lex Luthor? The eff.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Legends of Tomorrow. Where the day is saved
by Mick Rory's three boobed OC...which he proceeds to bang. This show is awesome.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 am

It's frustrating how consistently good Legends is. I have nothing to criticise. Even not!Amaya is proving really good.

Platapusses are not rel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:39 am

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:It's frustrating how consistently good Legends is. I have nothing to criticise. Even not!Amaya is proving really good.

It helps that it comes on after Arrow. It looks even better when it follows a poorly written, dreary schlock fest where everyone is a dick now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Flash was meh.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Nation of Quebec
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Nation of Quebec » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Legends is clearly the best show in the Arrowverse. There hasn't been a bad episode this season and they're clearly having fun with it.
Canadian, Left-of-Center, Cynic
Proud Atheist and Geek
All WA matters are handled by my WA puppet state of Velkia and the Islands
Please don't send me unsolicited telegrams.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Nation of Quebec wrote:Legends is clearly the best show in the Arrowverse. There hasn't been a bad episode this season and they're clearly having fun with it.

It's the only good show tbh, and it's because it doesn't take itself seriously enough to be able to make a faux pas like Arrow or Flash do. It has a theme, it follows it to the letter, and thankfully that theme is entertaining, to say the least.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:01 am

Is this the first time that Anatoli was actually referred to as KGBeast or did I not notice before?
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Is this the first time that Anatoli was actually referred to as KGBeast or did I not notice before?

Was he? Honestly, I was barely paying attention to the episode.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Is this the first time that Anatoli was actually referred to as KGBeast or did I not notice before?

Was he? Honestly, I was barely paying attention to the episode.

In subtitles. He was speaking Russian.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction