NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention the utter dick move of
dragging Sara from her quality show just so she could hear her dad died.

Well, at least we can have faith that the Legends writers will incorporate it into their season in a successful way

Also, did anyone else hear that in the next crossover this fall, Gotham City and Batwoman will be joining the Arrowverse, as announced by Stephen Amell?
Last edited by Anxiety Cafe on Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention the utter dick move of
dragging Sara from her quality show just so she could hear her dad died.

Well, at least we can have faith that the Legends writers will incorporate it into their season in a successful way

Also, did anyone else hear that in the next crossover this fall, Gotham City and Batwoman will be joining the Arrowverse, as announced by Stephen Amell?

...This doesn't mean they're crossing over with that Gotham show on Fox does it? Cause I refuse to watch that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
ANXIETY CAFE wrote:

...This doesn't mean they're crossing over with that Gotham show on Fox does it? Cause I refuse to watch that.

I don't believe so, I think it means they're introducing a different Gotham City for the Arrowverse.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...This doesn't mean they're crossing over with that Gotham show on Fox does it? Cause I refuse to watch that.

I don't believe so, I think it means they're introducing a different Gotham City for the Arrowverse.

Okay then.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 am

Gotham was only renewed for 13 episodes to make it to 100 for syndication, then it's over.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Gotham was only renewed for 13 episodes to make it to 100 for syndication, then it's over.

That might be why they’re doing it.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 am

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Gotham was only renewed for 13 episodes to make it to 100 for syndication, then it's over.

Yeah, they did it for that.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri May 18, 2018 10:18 am

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:

Yeah, they did it for that.

I think it just means that Gotham as a thing has freed up.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...This doesn't mean they're crossing over with that Gotham show on Fox does it? Cause I refuse to watch that.

This literally just occurred to me, but didn't Supergirl not just name drop Bruce Wayne (like Oliver did on Arrow) but more specifically allude to Batman when she talked about her cousin working with a dude with a lot of issues? Maybe they'll go with Earth that (I can't keep track...Wells is from 2, right? Where it's all a little more art deco and the Flash was whatshisname with the tin hat...Supergirl is Earth whatever that has a Superman and a former person he worked with...)

You know what, they'll probably just go with a solution that's even more confusing and messed up.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
ANXIETY CAFE wrote:

This literally just occurred to me, but didn't Supergirl not just name drop Bruce Wayne (like Oliver did on Arrow) but more specifically allude to Batman when she talked about her cousin working with a dude with a lot of issues? Maybe they'll go with Earth that (I can't keep track...Wells is from 2, right? Where it's all a little more art deco and the Flash was whatshisname with the tin hat...Supergirl is Earth whatever that has a Superman and a former person he worked with...)

You know what, they'll probably just go with a solution that's even more confusing and messed up.

I’m not sure if they’re even introducing Batman, they might just have some weird backstory for Batwoman.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This literally just occurred to me, but didn't Supergirl not just name drop Bruce Wayne (like Oliver did on Arrow) but more specifically allude to Batman when she talked about her cousin working with a dude with a lot of issues? Maybe they'll go with Earth that (I can't keep track...Wells is from 2, right? Where it's all a little more art deco and the Flash was whatshisname with the tin hat...Supergirl is Earth whatever that has a Superman and a former person he worked with...)

I’m not sure if they’re even introducing Batman, they might just have some weird backstory for Batwoman.

I would not be surprised.

EDIT: I doubt they'll do a cape.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Last week's Supergirl was really good so this week's obviously had to be crap.
So the police turn up to an altercation, try to detain the known vigilante but nobody else? Fuck off, show.

Turns out Alex is awful with children, so I guess she ditched Maggie for no good reason.

Mon-El tried to give sage advice, except it was terrible and feeble and Kara just sort of walked off mid-flow. I'm not sure if this was shoddy writing or brilliantly self-aware writing.

Quick, stop the show! Time for an entirely irrelevant discussion of racism!

And there was some kind of plot going on with a magic rock or something. Wasn't really paying attention.

There was, however, this:

"I don't think about you while I'm doing it."
-Lena, lying to Supergirl

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 am

Anywhere Else But Here wrote:
Turns out Alex is awful with children, so I guess she ditched Maggie for no good reason.

Almost like the whole breakup was shoehorned in cause her actress left and they went with a lazy option to end it...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Tue May 22, 2018 1:52 pm

A little off topic, but I hear Colton Haynes has been a confirmed season regular next season for Arrow, and Joe Dinicol announced somewhere on his social media that he was coming back too. So perhaps they'll actually try next season to make it good.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:A little off topic, but I hear Colton Haynes has been a confirmed season regular next season for Arrow, and Joe Dinicol announced somewhere on his social media that he was coming back too. So perhaps they'll actually try next season to make it good.

Who even cares anymore. Arrow has gone to shit.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 22, 2018 5:38 pm

ANXIETY CAFE wrote:A little off topic, but I hear Colton Haynes has been a confirmed season regular next season for Arrow, and Joe Dinicol announced somewhere on his social media that he was coming back too. So perhaps they'll actually try next season to make it good.

My problem with Ragman on 'Team Arrow' was akin to that sketch Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit, which is not foreign to Green Arrow, seeing as he use to team up with Green Lantern. For a while I just felt that the plan should always be, "Send in the guy with the magic bandages."

Also...still waiting for The Question. I know they want to do it, so it makes me wonder who at DC is sitting on The Question.

Also, CW app, please stop showing me ads for the next episode of the show I'm currently watching.

Speaking of apps, Berlanti is doing Doom Patrol...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 6:01 pm

And that's all she wrote for The Flash this season. It was...okay. Way better than last season. Ralph added a lot of needed levity back after that angst fest. But it still had a few ass episodes here and there.
And that chick is their future daughter after all. And she screws up time just like her pops...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... fy-1113941

So apparently Krypton (that Superman prequel TV series in Syfy) was renewed for the second season. Apparently the reasons because Krypton is Syfy's highest-rated first-season show and to cut off the more expensive The Expanse tv series.

Can't believe this. I was wary about Krypton because I thought it would not be renewed.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed May 23, 2018 2:19 am

1. Called it. Caaaaaalled it. Called it called it called it.
2. Digley too. Called both of them.
3. The Wells carousal will continue, something I thought was clever and now is belabored. "Oh look. This version of Wells is gone. New one next season..." No doubt this is what keeps Tom Cavanaugh interested but the Council of Wells was dumb and felt like a shitty Council of Ricks but without the exaggerated reality to justify it.
4. The Flash, whose super power is to run fast, had to reach a portal before Devoe stopped him. Devoe shows up behind the Flash and Digby and instead of just saying "Later Skater" and just booking it for the portal they monologue for a minute, fuck around until Devoe Agent Smiths and then they book it to the portal. That was some frustrating bullshit.
5. Devoe thought of his wife's betrayal but couldn't sort out that she would walk around the chair and pull out the plug?
6. So, Flash died punching the satellite...and his daughter travels through time and punches it with him? But then evil Flash would have known about that, or not, I guess. Because this is a whole different time line with Iris in it so I guess it doesn't matter.
7. Did I miss the resolution of Wells saying the same thing as the Flash when he came out of the speed force? What was that about?
8. I did like that this season at least wasn't revolving around yet another speedster and the Flash not being fast enough.
9. Do I want to watch another season about how delicate time is when there's a companion series where they fuck with time with wild abandon?

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

That finale was fine. That is all.
Last edited by Anywhere Else But Here on Wed May 23, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:12 pm

This week's Supergirl was...competent.
The magic rock thing I wasn't paying attention to last week happened this week, and I think they'll use it next week for plot stuff.

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:32 am

Nghh, Supergirl. Why must you do this?
Weird decision to put a wheelspinner this close to the finale. On the other hand, I don't much mind because I haven't found this season's arc all that compelling.

"Guns are bad!" says the dude running round beating up criminals in military-grade gear.

Oh, fucking hell. Mon-El and Kara make a perfectly good pair of crime-fighting friends. Why are the writers the only people who seem to think they're better as a couple?
Last edited by Anywhere Else But Here on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Wakey wakey, fools. Arrowverse is back tonight with The Flash and Black Lightning.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Nation of Quebec
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Nation of Quebec » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Well, it looks like us Canadians are screwed for The Flash. The network that aired it here lost the rights to it (though still has Arrow and Legends). The past seasons are on Netflix so I've asked them if they'll have the new episodes.
Canadian, Left-of-Center, Cynic
Proud Atheist and Geek
All WA matters are handled by my WA puppet state of Velkia and the Islands
Please don't send me unsolicited telegrams.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Nation of Quebec wrote:Well, it looks like us Canadians are screwed for The Flash. The network that aired it here lost the rights to it (though still has Arrow and Legends). The past seasons are on Netflix so I've asked them if they'll have the new episodes.

Just watch it on the CW's website.

Anyway, good start to the season.
Nora is adorable, Barry finally has a proper bright red Flash suit, Ralph remembered he's a detective and they phased a freaking plane through a building. That was cool.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction