NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Anywhere Else But Here wrote:It looks like next week's episode of Arrow is going to concern gun control, which should be interesting. I don't think they've really done enough with Oliver being mayor and the possibility of political arcs, so hopefully this marks the beginning of something.

So long as it's not as heavy-handed as the Supergirl immigration episode.

Yeah, Supergirl has been a little heavy-handed in the past, but judging by the trailer, it looks like Arrow will take a more measured view (it would be fairly hypocritical for Oliver to come out as staunchly anti-gun anyway).

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Anywhere Else But Here wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:So long as it's not as heavy-handed as the Supergirl immigration episode.

Yeah, Supergirl has been a little heavy-handed in the past, but judging by the trailer, it looks like Arrow will take a more measured view (it would be fairly hypocritical for Oliver to come out as staunchly anti-gun anyway).

Oliver is a walking hypocrisy. The guy racked up enough bodies to overflow a morgue, but now he's Mr. No Kill.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Seraven wrote:
And it will be in a stand-alone universe.

Why? I don't know.

Probably cause the Arrowverse is already complicated enough with 4 shows.

Or it could be a test. Black Lightning isn't a super big name hero. Maybe they use the first season as a test. And if people take to the show, he finds his way into the show universe.

Obviously Legends of Tomorrow is filled with super big name heroes and heroines and villains too.
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:40 am

Seraven wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Probably cause the Arrowverse is already complicated enough with 4 shows.

Or it could be a test. Black Lightning isn't a super big name hero. Maybe they use the first season as a test. And if people take to the show, he finds his way into the show universe.

Obviously Legends of Tomorrow is filled with super big name heroes and heroines and villains too.

They do have a former Black Canary in there. And Firestorm is fairly big name. A- list at the least.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Seraven wrote:

They do have a former Black Canary in there. And Firestorm is fairly big name. A- list at the least.

I think Legends is a good show but it has most of the scraps. I've never even heard of the others except Black Canary before the shows.

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Seraven wrote:

Emphasizing on the former, yes. She's also a former League of Assassins. I know Firestorm from Justice League Unlimited, though. The Atom is also quite familiar, though his suit is less...technologically-advanced looking.

Heat Wave as well, come to think of it.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 pm

First the Penguin in the Telltale Batman games, now Mr. Mxyzptlk. Stop making funny, short villains into tall, good looking British guys.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:First the Penguin in the Telltale Batman games, now Mr. Mxyzptlk. Stop making funny, short villains into tall, good looking British guys.

Gotta say, this episode feels sort of like a "filler" episode (the next one with Mr. Mxyzptlk). It's gonna be funny but like, why?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Ugh. That was exactly as preachy and heavy handed as I feared. I'm here for superheroes, not politics.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:59 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Ugh. That was exactly as preachy and heavy handed as I feared. I'm here for superheroes, not politics.

The Gun Control episode?

How bad is it? Aside from the politics.
The Alma Mater wrote:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 am

Seraven wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Ugh. That was exactly as preachy and heavy handed as I feared. I'm here for superheroes, not politics.

The Gun Control episode?

The only thing it had besides the gun control thing, was the origin of Wild Dog. Little underwhelming, really.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Seraven
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:27 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Seraven wrote:
The Gun Control episode?

The only thing it had besides the gun control thing, was the origin of Wild Dog. Little underwhelming, really.

They should explored his origin deeper and better.
The Alma Mater wrote:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 am

Seraven wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:The only thing it had besides the gun control thing, was the origin of Wild Dog. Little underwhelming, really.

That's the thing. It's not that deep.
Junkie wife gets shot. Loses custody of kid. Sees Arrow kill Damien on TV. Becomes Wild Dog.
Though it did at least explain his shitty costume choice.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Seraven wrote:

That's the thing. It's not that deep.
Junkie wife gets shot. Loses custody of kid. Sees Arrow kill Damien on TV. Becomes Wild Dog.

That Arrow episode tho. So political. Also I agree, there was literally no development on Wild Dog. Kind of unrealistic, even fo one of these kind of shows. His wife gets shot, so suddenly he decides to become a vigilante.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Anxiety Cafe wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That's the thing. It's not that deep.

That Arrow episode tho. So political. Also I agree, there was literally no development on Wild Dog. Kind of unrealistic, even fo one of these kind of shows. His wife gets shot, so suddenly he decides to become a vigilante.

Also, Curtis has officially become annoying. Not only is he useless, he's a snippy little bitch to boot.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Anxiety Cafe wrote:That Arrow episode tho. So political. Also I agree, there was literally no development on Wild Dog. Kind of unrealistic, even fo one of these kind of shows. His wife gets shot, so suddenly he decides to become a vigilante.

Also, Curtis has officially become annoying. Not only is he useless, he's a snippy little bitch to boot.

And the way they transformed him from Felicity's nerd friend to suddenly someone who can fight, it was confusing and actually made no sense (at least to me). At least with Roy and Laurel and Thea they had valid reasons and a lot of time for their transformations, and Dig was introduced with that skill.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I think a lot of the Arrowverse shows are progressing nicely. Arrow is still the best, Arrow/Oliver Queen is still the best lead superhero out of any of them. Flash, for me, has dropped quite a bit over the past season, its not bad, just not digging it as much as season 1.
I actually do enjoy Supergirl a lot. The first few episodes of season 1, and a large segment of season 1, was pretty poor, but passable, but Season 2 has definitely improved. The move to the CW was a smart one, and they fit much better there.
Legends season 2 is actually really good. Season 1 was a big disappointment for me, but they've really done a good job with season 2. I think the whole villain in the first season was just a bit overdone, like, come on. But season 2, has much better character development. They still get way over heavy-handed with the political stuff when they time travel. They always go back and immediately condemn everyone in the society as racist/sexist and whatnot. Its a bit overdone for my liking. Occasionally they do a good job with the story, but often they go for the easy "good message" then good story
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm 3 minutes in, and I already love this episode.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I'm 3 minutes in, and I already love this episode.

I take it back. This episode sucked. All romance bullshit and angst bullcrap.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I'm 3 minutes in, and I already love this episode.

I take it back. This episode sucked. All romance bullshit and angst bullcrap.

I missed the first half, but
Anxiety Cafe wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:First the Penguin in the Telltale Batman games, now Mr. Mxyzptlk. Stop making funny, short villains into tall, good looking British guys.

Gotta say, this episode feels sort of like a "filler" episode (the next one with Mr. Mxyzptlk). It's gonna be funny but like, why?

Called it

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm

It wasn't even funny, though. For cripes sake, they wasted one of the funniest Superman villains out there!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:08 pm

"Gorilla City" my ass. They spent 90% of the episode locked in a cage, while regular people talked funny.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Gorilla City" my ass. They spent 90% of the episode locked in a cage, while regular people talked funny.

Missed the first half again but the second part looks pretty good. The Legends episode I thought was pretty good too.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Legends on the another hand slayed it. I love me some Arthurian ham and sword fights.

And Sara inspires Lancelot while seducing her third queen. Get it, girl.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Legends on the another hand slayed it. I love me some Arthurian ham and sword fights.

And Sara inspires Lancelot while seducing her third queen. Get it, girl.

I know right. Really love the arc in this one. The JSA met Rip again??? They found the Spear? They were spread across time with four different parts? Wow, just wow. And that ending tho

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction