NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bung Jared
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bung Jared » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:33 am

When Flash out snorted Snowflame, that was pretty cool.
Last edited by Bung Jared on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:36 pm

So I'm not super up on modern Batman, so I gotta ask.
Is this Iron Man batsuit a thing in the comics, or did they make it up for the show?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:14 pm

Man. they're keeping Diggle's actor busy. Batwoman, then Legends and next The Flash. Feels like they're setting him up for a spinoff or something.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:So I'm not super up on modern Batman, so I gotta ask.
Is this Iron Man batsuit a thing in the comics, or did they make it up for the show?

I'm not caught up yet, buuuut...
Yes, Batman has a variety of suits and some of them are in fact power suits of various types. Plus the Batman Beyond suit which is basically Iron Man with a Bat theme.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Man. they're keeping Diggle's actor busy. Batwoman, then Legends and next The Flash. Feels like they're setting him up for a spinoff or something.

Wasn't he going to be Green Lantern?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:49 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:So I'm not super up on modern Batman, so I gotta ask.

I'm not caught up yet, buuuut...
Yes, Batman has a variety of suits and some of them are in fact power suits of various types. Plus the Batman Beyond suit which is basically Iron Man with a Bat theme.

Noted.

Ameriganastan wrote:Man. they're keeping Diggle's actor busy. Batwoman, then Legends and next The Flash. Feels like they're setting him up for a spinoff or something.

Wasn't he going to be Green Lantern?

I assume that's where they're going with him. Though I worry how that Green Lantern CG is gonna look.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:45 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I'm not caught up yet, buuuut...

Noted.

Cannot think of a name wrote:Wasn't he going to be Green Lantern?

I assume that's where they're going with him. Though I worry how that Green Lantern CG is gonna look.

Glowy.

Doesn't the Batwoman show create the conceit that it was always the gear? It went from Kate who had law enforcement training, but now this one just was a martial artist. So, it's the gear.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:47 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Doesn't the Batwoman show create the conceit that it was always the gear? It went from Kate who had law enforcement training, but now this one just was a martial artist. So, it's the gear.

Oh, Ryan isn't wearing what I mentioned. No, it's someone else.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:26 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Doesn't the Batwoman show create the conceit that it was always the gear? It went from Kate who had law enforcement training, but now this one just was a martial artist. So, it's the gear.

Oh, Ryan isn't wearing what I mentioned. No, it's someone else.

I'm not up to that (I am waaaay behind) it was just a random musing that she's out Batwomaning and without that backstory of the League of Assassins or wandering the world gathering expertise to be a super detective and super fighting machine. But it turns out what really make the difference...buckets of money and special gear. 'Cause anyone who can throw a punch becomes a super crime fighter when they have the gear.

This is probably coming off as me caring about it more than I do. At a certain point I'm willing to accept 'yadda yadda aaaaand Batwoman. Now shut up or we won't show the Batmobile anymore.'''

EDIT: Haha, jokes on me.
Just in case, I guess, but that whole arc was about if the suit makes the Batwoman. Complete with what's her name the adopted sister straight up telling Ryan that it wasn't the suit...
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:05 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I'm not caught up yet, buuuut...

Noted.

Oh, that's totally the Batman Beyond suit. Or at the least the closest people are gonna get for a while.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:18 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Noted.

Oh, that's totally the Batman Beyond suit. Or at the least the closest people are gonna get for a while.

Then they sure got the colors wrong.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:35 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Then they sure got the colors wrong.

Colors are a lie.

I'm colorblind, but I'm pretty sure that colors are a lie.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:38 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Then they sure got the colors wrong.

Colors are a lie.

Well, I decided to quit being lazy and go Googling. Turns out that's some costume for a character called Batwing...original name, I know. First time I've ever heard of him.

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:39 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Colors are a lie.

Well, I decided to quit being lazy and go Googling. Turns out that's some costume for a character called Batwing...original name, I know. First time I've ever heard of him.

That makes sense.

EDIT: Having done completely minimal reading, as you probably know by now, you are totally right and this was apparently where this character was headed the entire time.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Oh, for fuck's sake.
Nora's back and she's got a brother now? Kill me...
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:45 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake.

Nope, wasn’t caught up enough for that spoiler...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake.

Nope, wasn’t caught up enough for that spoiler...

You really should finish episodes before clicking on spoilers.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Nope, wasn’t caught up enough for that spoiler...

You really should finish episodes before clicking on spoilers.

I didn’t realize a new one came out. As it was I had to go through four last night/this morning. I’ve lost track of when these things drop.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:You really should finish episodes before clicking on spoilers.

I didn’t realize a new one came out. As it was I had to go through four last night/this morning. I’ve lost track of when these things drop.

Flash and Superman & Lois come out on Tuesday.
Legends Of Tomorrow and Batwoman come out on Sunday.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I didn’t realize a new one came out. As it was I had to go through four last night/this morning. I’ve lost track of when these things drop.

Flash and Superman & Lois come out on Tuesday.

You watch these over the air, right? I stream. Doesn’t matter, I’m not crazy invested in it, I’m more on momentum than anything else.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Flash and Superman & Lois come out on Tuesday.

You watch these over the air, right? I stream. Doesn’t matter, I’m not crazy invested in it, I’m more on momentum than anything else.

Yeah, I'm a TV watcher. I don't like to wait.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:04 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You watch these over the air, right? I stream. Doesn’t matter, I’m not crazy invested in it, I’m more on momentum than anything else.

Yeah, I'm a TV watcher. I don't like to wait.

I don’t have an antennae.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:05 pm

So, no crossover because COVID or because Crisis on Infinite Earths was pretty much as far as that idea can go?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:So, no crossover because COVID or because Crisis on Infinite Earths was pretty much as far as that idea can go?

Maybe a combination of the two.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:So, no crossover because COVID or because Crisis on Infinite Earths was pretty much as far as that idea can go?

Maybe a combination of the two.

I’m fine with the crossovers quietly fading away.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction