NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 pm

One, you linked the wrong article there.

And two, Goddamn it, not Mick! He's my favorite!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:One, you linked the wrong article there.

And two, Goddamn it, not Mick! He's my favorite!

Huh, it changes the URL as you scroll down, so I linked to the 'next' article below it. Well, I fixed the link in the original post after almost putting the exact same link in again.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Did Batwoman just say that a Porsche Panamera (the sedan) came stock with 1500 hp?

The Porsche 917/30 Can Am race car that destroyed the series because it was going to become to expensive to beat it had 1200hp.

She also says the car can do 302. You know. Like a funny car. Or a super car designed to literally do only that.

Someone had a note to do some research before taping and the post it note fell off.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Did Batwoman just say that a Porsche Panamera (the sedan) came stock with 1500 hp?

The Porsche 917/30 Can Am race car that destroyed the series because it was going to become to expensive to beat it had 1200hp.

She also says the car can do 302. You know. Like a funny car. Or a super car designed to literally do only that.

Someone had a note to do some research before taping and the post it note fell off.

Yeah, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about cars and even I did a double-take when she said 302. Freaking NASCAR cars don't even go that fast.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Did Batwoman just say that a Porsche Panamera (the sedan) came stock with 1500 hp?

Yeah, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about cars and even I did a double-take when she said 302. Freaking NASCAR cars don't even go that fast.

The Magnus Walker level of bonkers that Panamera would have to look like to get to that speed...

I mean, not to be one of those "they called it an AK-47 but if you look it's a something very similar this show is bullshit..." kind of guys but those numbers were so made up that the writer had to have intended to go back and research what an actual horsepower rating might be (especially if she's going to quote the stock HP or a very recognizable car) later and it just never happened.

I mean, I got the point of the scene...the character did the research that the writer didn't do so she could answer questions about a car that wasn't hers and she said "powerful" and "fast". It just so happens that because of the numbers she made up she said "Mind numbingly powerful for even a race car" and "Among the fastest road cars ever built." It is to chuckle in a way that matters only to me.

EDIT:

Did I miss the season ender of Supergirl? The sister has powers and a costume and shit, some alien chick is wrecking shop, 'Brainy' is green, someone has superspeed.

Also, no idea it's been back for four weeks.I have no idea what's going on...
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:I mean, I got the point of the scene...the character did the research that the writer didn't do so she could answer questions about a car that wasn't hers and she said "powerful" and "fast". It just so happens that because of the numbers she made up she said "Mind numbingly powerful for even a race car" and "Among the fastest road cars ever built." It is to chuckle in a way that matters only to me.

Those numbers made me :eyebrow: too. My first thought was that they had somehow disguised the Batmobile, where it might have made sense for it to ridiculously outperform ordinary cars, but nope, apparently they just borrowed the sister's car.

Also:
S2E11 - "Arrive Alive"
"Ryan" (again, not counting references to Enigma): 3
"Kate": 7

Who's the main character again?

EDIT:

Did I miss the season ender of Supergirl? The sister has powers and a costume and shit, some alien chick is wrecking shop, 'Brainy' is green, someone has superspeed.

Alex's ridiculous new look and Brainy being green were last-season developments. Also apparently super-hair-growing is among Kara's powers, because she had bangs last season and is back to her old hairstyle this season even though the first episode started like thirty seconds after the end of last season.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:02 pm

Eahland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I mean, I got the point of the scene...the character did the research that the writer didn't do so she could answer questions about a car that wasn't hers and she said "powerful" and "fast". It just so happens that because of the numbers she made up she said "Mind numbingly powerful for even a race car" and "Among the fastest road cars ever built." It is to chuckle in a way that matters only to me.

Those numbers made me :eyebrow: too. My first thought was that they had somehow disguised the Batmobile, where it might have made sense for it to ridiculously outperform ordinary cars, but nope, apparently they just borrowed the sister's car.

For reference, the stock horsepower on a Panamera Turbo S is 620hp and its top speed a more modest 196mph and an ECU upgrade like she mentioned would be good for about another 70hp.

Also, they had an easy out, no drag or street racer will ever tell an opponent how much hp they're packing. You can find out at the finish line, motherfucker.

But again, it was just one silly line that happens to have hit my wheelhouse so to speak. Not really a big deal, just funny in the size of the numbers she chose.
Eahland wrote:Also:
S2E11 - "Arrive Alive"

EDIT:

Alex's ridiculous new look and Brainy being green were last-season developments. Also apparently super-hair-growing is among Kara's powers, because she had bangs last season and is back to her old hairstyle this season even though the first episode started like thirty seconds after the end of last season.

I must have tuned out at some point. I think I'm doing that more and more with the Arrowverse shows, sort of just playing them but not paying attention that much.

Eahland
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Eahland wrote:Those numbers made me :eyebrow: too. My first thought was that they had somehow disguised the Batmobile, where it might have made sense for it to ridiculously outperform ordinary cars, but nope, apparently they just borrowed the sister's car.

For reference, the stock horsepower on a Panamera Turbo S is 620hp and its top speed a more modest 196mph and an ECU upgrade like she mentioned would be good for about another 70hp.

Also, they had an easy out, no drag or street racer will ever tell an opponent how much hp they're packing. You can find out at the finish line, motherfucker.

But again, it was just one silly line that happens to have hit my wheelhouse so to speak. Not really a big deal, just funny in the size of the numbers she chose.

I mean, the whole scene was stupid from the get-go. "We're going to make sure you're really a l33t street racer by asking you some questions that you totally could've googled!"

"Here's some unconvincing answers! Which I obviously didn't google because if I had I would've come up with more convincing ones!"

"Well, now we totally trust you to join our secret criminal enterprise! Even though you're muttering out loud about being Batwoman with your window open and some criminals standing like ten feet away!"

Eahland wrote:Also:
S2E11 - "Arrive Alive"

I must have tuned out at some point. I think I'm doing that more and more with the Arrowverse shows, sort of just playing them but not paying attention that much.

Yeah, same here. It doesn't help that I'm not always sure I caught all the episodes because CW's shitty-ass app. Also the plague making some of the shows use the beginning of the new season to wrap up last season's interrupted finales is confusing matters.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:16 pm

Eahland wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:For reference, the stock horsepower on a Panamera Turbo S is 620hp and its top speed a more modest 196mph and an ECU upgrade like she mentioned would be good for about another 70hp.

I mean, the whole scene was stupid from the get-go. "We're going to make sure you're really a l33t street racer by asking you some questions that you totally could've googled!"

"Here's some unconvincing answers! Which I obviously didn't google because if I had I would've come up with more convincing ones!"

"Well, now we totally trust you to join our secret criminal enterprise! Even though you're muttering out loud about being Batwoman with your window open and some criminals standing like ten feet away!"

"I mean, you brought a sedan from a sports car maker that's a big grand touring machine to dice it up with essentially street modded rally cars. This doesn't scream 'best I could get on short notice...'"
Eahland wrote:

Yeah, same here. It doesn't help that I'm not always sure I caught all the episodes because CW's shitty-ass app. Also the plague making some of the shows use the beginning of the new season to wrap up last season's interrupted finales is confusing matters.

Duuuuuuuuude, I literally came here to complain about how dogshit the CW app is. They can't even settle on which direction the fucking seasons go. Some put the newest episode on top, some on the bottom. The one indicator that I use to have that I already saw an episode, when I play it it asks if I want to play from the beginning, that doesn't even work anymore. It's really just the worst. And that's in a field of awful. I have Hulu, HBOMax, Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime and all their menus are garbage.

Hulu, for fuck's sake. Why would they autoroll another show with a recent new episode that I have been watching when you can insist that I want to watch "Call Your Mother" or rewatch "Last Man on Earth."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Yeah, baby. Legends is finally back tonight.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 03, 2021 10:56 am

Wait, so...
I guess I really haven't been paying attention. Kate Kane did survive, but that chick with the cane wiped her memory and now made her think she's Black Mask's daughter? And so OG Batwoman just beat up new Batwoman and Alice I guess. Also, got taller. I don't know where Black Mask found charbroiled Kate Kane. It does open the door for two Batwomen, I guess. Or Ryan becoming some sort of Batwoman spinoff type deal.

I'm not as lost as I am with Black Lightning, I guess.

Eahland
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm

SARA LANCE: "Being an Avenger is stupid. The goal is to prevent death. I am a Preventer! You wanna join the Preventers, Sparty?"

Shots fired!

But, um... you know I love you, Sara, but you are not in the winning comic book universe here.

Also jesus christ how does the CW app suck so much? I went to seek through the episode to make sure I'd transcribed that line right, and the little preview frames had no relation to the actual position in the stream, it made me watch another set of commercials every single time I stopped, even if I only rewound a couple of seconds, and at one point it kicked me clear back to the end of the first commercial break even though I'd been somewhere in the middle of the episode and then the seek buttons stopped working entirely and I had to back out of the episode and resume it to get seek functionality (if it can be called that) back. And watch another set of commercials. I finally ended up just re-watching half the episode because it was easier and faster than trying to navigate to the right bit, and didn't require me to watch as many commercials.

Also like 90% of the time it fucks up my Roku settings when I exit it.

In other news:
S2E12 - "Initiate Self-Destruct"
Some variation on "Kate Kane": 3
Some variation on "Ryan Wilder": 3, plus her name appears on computer screens twice.

So seems like a win for the new girl in the "who is this show actually about" stakes! Except
the episode also featured actual Kate back from the dead to kick Ryan's butt.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Eahland wrote:SARA LANCE: "Being an Avenger is stupid. The goal is to prevent death. I am a Preventer! You wanna join the Preventers, Sparty?"

Shots fired!

But, um... you know I love you, Sara, but you are not in the winning comic book universe here.

Also jesus christ how does the CW app suck so much? I went to seek through the episode to make sure I'd transcribed that line right, and the little preview frames had no relation to the actual position in the stream, it made me watch another set of commercials every single time I stopped, even if I only rewound a couple of seconds, and at one point it kicked me clear back to the end of the first commercial break even though I'd been somewhere in the middle of the episode and then the seek buttons stopped working entirely and I had to back out of the episode and resume it to get seek functionality (if it can be called that) back. And watch another set of commercials. I finally ended up just re-watching half the episode because it was easier and faster than trying to navigate to the right bit, and didn't require me to watch as many commercials.

Also like 90% of the time it fucks up my Roku settings when I exit it.

In other news:
S2E12 - "Initiate Self-Destruct"
Some variation on "Kate Kane": 3
Some variation on "Ryan Wilder": 3, plus her name appears on computer screens twice.

So seems like a win for the new girl in the "who is this show actually about" stakes! Except
the episode also featured actual Kate back from the dead to kick Ryan's butt.

Their app is just awful.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Gary is an alien.
That explains so much...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 15, 2021 5:40 pm

So I guess everyone on Team Flash took their stupid pills that episode. Out here acting like this crazy Speed Force is really Nora, and getting all moral on Barry for wanting to wax her. What a bunch of dopes.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 21, 2021 1:25 pm

You aren't fooling me, Batwoman.
We all know Luke is gonna live.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 30, 2021 6:32 am

Well, that might have been the first good episode of Superman And Lois. Not only did someone finally rip into Jordan for being the creepy little incel bastard he is, but
the twist that "Luthor" is actually Steel was a pretty good one if you ask me.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sun May 30, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 am

You think Alice will eventually run into the Mad Hatter and they'll have to fight over their villain theme references?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:You think Alice will eventually run into the Mad Hatter and they'll have to fight over their villain theme references?

I think they'd probably team up, actually.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You think Alice will eventually run into the Mad Hatter and they'll have to fight over their villain theme references?

I think they'd probably team up, actually.

They would, eventually. But I’d rather they have a feud over their chosen bad guy theme.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I think they'd probably team up, actually.

They would, eventually. But I’d rather they have a feud over their chosen bad guy theme.

Hell, let's get nuts and throw the Queen Of Hearts in there. Full on Alice In Wonderland madness.

I know the Queen Of Hearts is actually in the Royal Flush Gang, but still.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Man Flash goes to the 'make the characters doubt themselves' well a whole lot.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Man Flash goes to the 'make the characters doubt themselves' well a whole lot.

Seriously. Like no one in that show has any self-esteem.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 am

It was fun seeing
Diggle showing up in Gotham.
And call it a hunch, but I think those headaches are
him trying to reject the Green Lantern ring.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction