NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:19 am

When does last season's cross over happen in this season of Batwoman? Cause when Green Arrow and friends show up, she's already rocking the red wig which more or less just happened.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:When does last season's cross over happen in this season of Batwoman? Cause when Green Arrow and friends show up, she's already rocking the red wig which more or less just happened.

...You know, I'm not sure.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:02 pm

All the set-up is complete. Time to get crisis-y.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:03 am

Crisis has begun...

Having not read Crisis on Infinite Earths the whole Monitor/Anti-Monitor story isn't familiar to me. Feels like The Never Ending Story.

So many Easter Eggs...the Elfman theme and "Earth-89" was cool. Also, was that the Batman Beyond logo? Earth-66 haha. Also Titans.

Kevin Conroy is in there somewhere with a beard so maybe McGinnis? You all probably know more about that than I do. I didn't know about Conroy until just now.

I definitely feel like this would be a bigger deal if I was more into DC Comics.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 am

...Right. That's what I forgot to set to record. Not used to watching anything Arrowverse related on Sunday. Thanks a lot, Supergirl.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:...Right. That's what I forgot to set to record. Not used to watching anything Arrowverse related on Sunday. Thanks a lot, Supergirl.

CW app.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Yeah, not buying this, show.
Killing Oliver off in the first episode of the crossover? Before the Arrow episode even happens?
Not buying it at all.

...Also, did they confirm that crappy Titanverse is part of the Arrowverse? Cause I don't like that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:37 pm

So the commercial seems to imply Black Lightning is somewhat involved with this. So I guess I gotta watch that tonight.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Well that was disappointing.
Smallville Superman gave his powers up, and Live Action Kevin Conroy Batman was a crazy old cripple...and evil.

Weak.

Ameriganastan wrote:So the commercial seems to imply Black Lightning is somewhat involved with this. So I guess I gotta watch that tonight.

Turns out no, you can skip it. Only like the last 2 minutes matter in regards to the crossover.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:16 pm

NO FREAKING WAY!
LUCIFER IS CANON WITH THE ARROWVERSE!? AHHHHHHHHHHH!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:06 pm

January 14th!? Come on!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:32 pm

That was a giant pile of fan service. Also...

Spectre!? That was unexpected.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:That was a giant pile of fan service. Also...

Spectre!? That was unexpected.

While that was quite unexpected and neat,
I kinda laughed at how he just walked in offscreen with like zero lead-up.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm

CW renewed all the Arrowverse shows, bar Arrow itself of course. Means more Legends!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Crisis resumes (And I think concludes) tonight.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Okay, on the "Didn't expect that cameo" scale,
Ezra Miller Flash
is up pretty high.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Crisis concluded. Good crossover. Did the expected. I mean we all knew
this was the end of the road for Ollie.
Did not expect
them to merge all the earths though.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Crisis concluded. Good crossover. Did the expected. I mean we all knew
this was the end of the road for Ollie.
Did not expect
them to merge all the earths though.

100% expected this to merge the realities. Considered it the entire point of doing it at all. Especially since that was the point of the original story in the comic books, that DC had too many splintered realities.

The surprise I have is that they're going to go ahead and muck that shit up some more by putting Star Girl on Earth-2. Like I got the restoring series that didn't have shit to do with the Arrowverse like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing (are they going to save Swamp Thing or is that just "Oh shit, this is literally the only live action DC property we haven't cameoed, lets put it here."?), but the new Star Girl series, especially if you're merging Black Lightning which is so tonally different into the Arrowverse, you're going to put that on another Earth? Why? Also, restoring the multiverse means that the carousel of Wells gets to continue.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
100% expected this to merge the realities. Considered it the entire point of doing it at all. Especially since that was the point of the original story in the comic books, that DC had too many splintered realities.

Well I never read the comic. So it was a surprise to me.

The surprise I have is that they're going to go ahead and muck that shit up some more by putting Star Girl on Earth-2. Like I got the restoring series that didn't have shit to do with the Arrowverse like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing (are they going to save Swamp Thing or is that just "Oh shit, this is literally the only live action DC property we haven't cameoed, lets put it here."?), but the new Star Girl series, especially if you're merging Black Lightning which is so tonally different into the Arrowverse, you're going to put that on another Earth? Why? Also, restoring the multiverse means that the carousel of Wells gets to continue.

I mean they kinda have to?
Stargirl existed in pre-crisis earth, but in like the 40's. Unless she passed the title on, she'd be a fossil by now. So they just throw her on a different earth.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Well I never read the comic. So it was a surprise to me.

I mean they kinda have to?
Stargirl existed in pre-crisis earth, but in like the 40's. Unless she passed the title on, she'd be a fossil by now. So they just throw her on a different earth.

The Stargirl series looks to be in the present. And it is passed down from Starman to Starman's sidekick's daughter. Seems like since they're restarting the universe...well, they couldn't do that whole "Green Arrow was the first hero" tribute but that seems like a weird reason to hamstring themselves with the multiple worlds characters again. I'm sure it's not arbitrary, but I thought they'd clean things up.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Crap, I forgot Batwoman was back on tonight. Got caught up in the football playoffs.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:50 pm

I was wondering how Black Lightning was going to deal with the reality merge after Crisis and apparently it's "Let's never speak of this again."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:I was wondering how Black Lightning was going to deal with the reality merge after Crisis and apparently it's "Let's never speak of this again."

Not surprised.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:51 pm

I love it when Legends gets all meta.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Juristonia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Juristonia » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:34 am

So is the last season of Arrow just going to be the New Kids on the Block?
Because, my god, that's a downer to go out with.
From the river to the sea

Ifreann wrote:Indeed, as far as I can recall only one poster has ever supported legalising bestiality, and he was fucking his cat and isn't welcome here any more, in no small part, I imagine, because he kept going on about how he was fucking his cat.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
GMS Greater Miami Shores 1 wrote:What do I always say about Politics?

something incoherent

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction