NATION

PASSWORD

The Skyrim/Elder Scrolls thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favorite Skyrim hold?

Whiterun
25%
Hjaalmarch (Morthal)
3%
Falkreath
10%
The Pale (Dawnstar)
3%
The Reach (Markarth)
14%
Haafingar (Solitude)
15%
Eastmarch (Windhelm)
6%
Winterhold
6%
The Rift (Riften)
18%

Total votes : 310

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:07 am

By Asura, By Asura, By Asura! I have finally found this thread!
Last edited by Hammer Britannia on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
All shall tremble before me

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:By Asura, By Asura, By Asura! I have finally found this thread!

But you've been around for a while now...
Anyway, welcome!
Welcome to Province 17.
epic

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 pm

The Reman Empire is probably the best Empire.

Reman I made the invading Akaviri army, who had already captured Skyrim, stand down and kneel just because they heard his voice and knew he was the Dragonborn. They even ended up protecting his life, I think. In the process, he had Skyrim, High Rock, and Cyrodiil, both the Colovians and Nibenese under his belt right there. He got the Reach under control. After Valenwood was pretty devastated he took Valenwood, too. Maybe the easiest conquest after several wars and a major plague there... But then his life ends there.

The next dude is a cunt that gets assassinated and replaced by the next greatest mofo in the Reman dynasty.

Reman II got into conquering Argonia's border regions before conquering Elswyr and Hammerfell. With the Summerset Isles, he either conquered them to where they were just a footnote in his campaigns like Elswyr and Hammerfell were, or the Altmer said "Uncle!" before anyone ever got to fighting. Reman II was cool to the conquered people, and since everyone also began to thrive, they was like," Ayyy." He also banned the nasty stuff, like Daedric worship and necromancy. Then there was when the Reman Empire actually tried to conquer inner Black Marsh. Took a couple decades and some pretty fierce fight-back by both the province's environment and peoples, including the initial destruction of an entire Legion (Inexperienced general), and it got into guerilla tactics, but eventually the Argonians spontaneously submitted. Don't think Mr. General Talos ever conquered inner Argonia... There was also that the remaining Reman Dynasty actually tried conquering Morrowind by force, despite it being ruled by three mini-gods. I mean, Reman II died trying to take it, as did the next dude, and Prince Juliek under Reman III got assassinated, then Reman III got assassinated, before any real conclusion to the war with Morrowind could happen. The Reman Dynasty had a province ruled by a few mini-gods by the balls at one point, took eighty years, but they did.

The Akaviri Potentate got into ruling after that and things eventually went downhill...although, the Guilds Act occurred under them.

Sunstruck wrote:After beating the war on both sides, it's just personally more satisfying to finally defeat Ulfric than it is to finally defeat some random legate

As a subordinate soldier under General Tullius, I let the general handle Ulfric's execution.

Tyskylvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyskylvania » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:53 pm

It is clearly Winterhold.
Magic users FTW!!
The Queendom of Tyskylvania

A semi-feudal, absolute monarchy of Vikings and northmen. Led by Empress Sahk’ni Dovákīn, it is a major power in its world and regularly finds ways to improve the nation.

"For Crown and Realm."

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:05 am

Zanera wrote:The Reman Empire is probably the best Empire.

Reman I made the invading Akaviri army, who had already captured Skyrim, stand down and kneel just because they heard his voice and knew he was the Dragonborn. They even ended up protecting his life, I think. In the process, he had Skyrim, High Rock, and Cyrodiil, both the Colovians and Nibenese under his belt right there. He got the Reach under control. After Valenwood was pretty devastated he took Valenwood, too. Maybe the easiest conquest after several wars and a major plague there... But then his life ends there.

The next dude is a cunt that gets assassinated and replaced by the next greatest mofo in the Reman dynasty.

Reman II got into conquering Argonia's border regions before conquering Elswyr and Hammerfell. With the Summerset Isles, he either conquered them to where they were just a footnote in his campaigns like Elswyr and Hammerfell were, or the Altmer said "Uncle!" before anyone ever got to fighting. Reman II was cool to the conquered people, and since everyone also began to thrive, they was like," Ayyy." He also banned the nasty stuff, like Daedric worship and necromancy. Then there was when the Reman Empire actually tried to conquer inner Black Marsh. Took a couple decades and some pretty fierce fight-back by both the province's environment and peoples, including the initial destruction of an entire Legion (Inexperienced general), and it got into guerilla tactics, but eventually the Argonians spontaneously submitted. Don't think Mr. General Talos ever conquered inner Argonia... There was also that the remaining Reman Dynasty actually tried conquering Morrowind by force, despite it being ruled by three mini-gods. I mean, Reman II died trying to take it, as did the next dude, and Prince Juliek under Reman III got assassinated, then Reman III got assassinated, before any real conclusion to the war with Morrowind could happen. The Reman Dynasty had a province ruled by a few mini-gods by the balls at one point, took eighty years, but they did.

The Akaviri Potentate got into ruling after that and things eventually went downhill...although, the Guilds Act occurred under them.

The Reman Empire is the best Empire.

I'm not sure if Tiber managed to conquer inner Argonia, but he probably did through his rather godly powers (CHIM!). Reman didn't conquer Summerset, it was more of a vassal state. The Pocket Guide to the Empire from the time is written by one of the very few humans that, at the time, had set foot on the Isles (and in fact being the only one there!).
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:59 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
Zanera wrote:The Reman Empire is probably the best Empire.

The Reman Empire is the best Empire.

I'm not sure if Tiber managed to conquer inner Argonia, but he probably did through his rather godly powers (CHIM!). Reman didn't conquer Summerset, it was more of a vassal state. The Pocket Guide to the Empire from the time is written by one of the very few humans that, at the time, had set foot on the Isles (and in fact being the only one there!).

'However, it could be that Hammerfell wasn't recorded as "fallen" yet due to the rebellions in the land. It was said that Tiber Septim himself thought twice before conqeuring Black Marsh, the border regions fell easily to his Empire, but he wisely decided to avoid strategically unimportant inner swamps, and thus met with little resistance.[18] Even under Imperial rule, the inner swamps were still controlled by the Argonians while the Empire controlled the coasts and borders of the province. Eventually, Black Marsh joined the Empire, mainly through a treaty.'

The Reman Empire had the balls to beat anyone into submission that wasn't already ready to submit. Their last general in the Argonia campaign, a woman, had more balls.
Last edited by Zanera on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:01 pm

It says in Rising Threat that "After seven long, bloody years the Stormcrown Interregnum was ended when a Colovian warlord by the name of Titus Mede seized the crown. Whether he had rightful claim or not is moot. Without Titus Mede, there would not be an Empire today. He proved a shrewd and capable leader, such that Skyrim endorsed him as Emperor."
Last edited by Zanera on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Zanera wrote:It says in Rising Threat that "After seven long, bloody years the Stormcrown Interregnum was ended when a Colovian warlord by the name of Titus Mede seized the crown. Whether he had rightful claim or not is moot. Without Titus Mede, there would not be an Empire today. He proved a shrewd and capable leader, such that Skyrim endorsed him as Emperor."

Titus Mede I is an absolute badass, to be honest.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Zanera wrote:It says in Rising Threat that "After seven long, bloody years the Stormcrown Interregnum was ended when a Colovian warlord by the name of Titus Mede seized the crown. Whether he had rightful claim or not is moot. Without Titus Mede, there would not be an Empire today. He proved a shrewd and capable leader, such that Skyrim endorsed him as Emperor."

Titus Mede I is an absolute badass, to be honest.

'After some time, Mede took the Imperial City by force with less than 1,000 men, usurping the current emperor at that time,...'

I guess he's badass.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:13 pm

And Titus Mede II isn't him, clearly.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Maichuko » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:35 pm

I didn't know I could give my adopted kid real daggers. I've never seen the kid so happy.
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:1.The Altmer have an entire social caste of warriors, as well as the most powerful mages (together with the Telvanni Dunmer) on Nirn.

2.To go to Skyrim, the Dominion needs Cyrodiil first. That's all they need. Cyrodiil would also put up the biggest fight, because it's host to the largest unified military force bar the Dominion itself in all of Tamriel. Morrowind doesn't have any official stance against the Dominion and although they likely are hostile, the Dunmer have never really cared much about conflict outside of their homeland.

3.The Altmer have a city made of crystal that's up in one of the highest mountain ranges around. They're probably fairly resistant to the climate. Not as much as the Nords, sure, but there's nothing indicating that they have a weakness to any sort of weather more than your average dude does.

4.If the Redguard even care, or can put up a fight. The Dominion fought in Hammerfell for years and wreaked havoc.

5.The Nords don't have any sort of naval power at all. Redguard and Altmer have always been the naval forces of the setting. The Redguard are known as some of the best pirates around. The Altmer have waged war against the Maormer since practically the beginning of recorded history and have always won: their fleets have also fought against the Sload and actually won.

6.They will almost definitely win.

7.The Dominion managed to sneakily raise enough men to form armies that invaded the Empire and almost burned it to the ground.

1. And the Ancient Nords completely destroyed an Elven civilization of similar power when they conquered Skyrim from the Falmer. And it was the Nords who nearly destroyed a second powerful Elven civilization in Morrowind before their loss at Red Mountain. And it was the Nords who ultimately broke the Elves during the Battle of the Red Ring. While I'm not one to say that the Elves are a weak faction, the Nords of Skyrim certainly are not either.

2. And then the Elves would have to cross the borders through the mountain passes into Skyrim, a perfect place for Nordic strengths to play out on incredibly defensible terrain. And as you said Cyrodiil would put up a huge fight against the Aldmeri, so it would be a weakened Aldmeri force trying to fight the Nords on incredibly defensible terrain where Nordic strengths shine. Yeah....Not looking good for the Dominion.

3. Considering Nordic climate strength is high enough for it to be defensive against frost magic, it's obvious that they would have the advantage over the Elves on their home turf.

4. Wrecked havoc and then lost. The Dominion is not nearly as strong as you think it is. Sure, they talk but that's bluster and an attempt to erode human morale.

5. Considering how strong Nordic sea-faring traditions are I think it'd be incredibly foolish to say that they don't have a navy, and a strong navy. Especially on their home turf in the Sea of Ghosts.

6. And I think you're wrong. I think you overestimate the Dominion far too much considering the information available.

7. Only because the Empire was so blind to the obvious incoming conflict it'd make Stalin blush.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Maichuko wrote:I didn't know I could give my adopted kid real daggers. I've never seen the kid so happy.

I've never been prouder then when I've seen my daughter viciously mutilating a dummy with a glass knife :')

She'll be a good Elf-killer one day.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 am

Salus Maior wrote:

well to be fair, Titus II also has his moments of badassery. The cop-out in the Battle of Red Ring aside, based on the only recorded book on the great war, Titus was known for his maverick tactics and the lack of fucks he gave about what his advisors said (ie not accepting the ultimatum, then breaking off the aldmeri armies surrounding the north wall of Imperial city and escaping with like, less than a legion even though everyone said it'd be impossible. and planning the battle of red ring. he might not have been in the battle, but he is in fact a strategist. which is really curious considering how he surredered a war he'd definitely win.)
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 am

Zanera wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Titus Mede I is an absolute badass, to be honest.

'After some time, Mede took the Imperial City by force with less than 1,000 men, usurping the current emperor at that time,...'

I guess he's badass.

The First Medes (Titus, Atrebus, etc) were really cool to be honest.
Titus I was like, one of the greatest emperors in Post Talos Empire's history (Reman trumps him. so does Talos, and Uriel VII. and that idiot who invaded akavir lmao)
Led by The Triumvirate.
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Mankar Camoran from Oblivion is related to him, fun fact.

Technically, Mankar would have been a Bosmer, but Bosmer in Oblivion aren't exactly antagonist material.

Mankar Camoran's mother could have been an Altmer.

A popular (and far more fun!) theory, however, is that he used Mehrunes' Razor, or the teachings of Dagon in general, to remake himself into an Altmer (or possibly Ayleid - which don't have a race in the game but are close enough appearance wise). We know he made himself a Dragonborn so that he could wear the Amulet of Kings around his neck. He also 'remade' his daughter which most likely refers to him turning his daughter into an Altmer (as well?)

Offering myself to that daybreak allowed the girdle of grace to contain me. When my voice returned, it spoke with another tongue. After three nights I could speak fire.

Her name was Ruma and I ate her with no bread, and made another, which learned, and I loved that one and blackbirds formed her twin behind all time.

Camoran's an extremely cool villain. Extremely deluded as well, but he says a lot of interesting things.

Pilarcraft wrote:The First Medes (Titus, Atrebus, etc) were really cool to be honest.
Titus I was like, one of the greatest emperors in Post Talos Empire's history (Reman trumps him. so does Talos, and Uriel VII. and that idiot who invaded akavir lmao)

Attrebus wasn't particularly cool at first, but he kind of grew as a character and turned out alright in the end. I do wonder though - since he ends up with Annaïg in the end, and in TES a child's race is determined by the race of their mother, would the current Medes be Bretons? They'd at least have been for a generation, before an Imperial woman could've been thrown into the mix again to turn them back into proper little Colovians, I suppose.

I do wonder if Mede II has a child? It's not mentioned anywhere, but he's pretty fine with dying and I feel it's safe to assume that he at least has someone in mind who will lead the Empire following his death. There's a pretty wild theory out there that says Mede II had himself assassinated to pave the way for his successor, who could then properly lead the Empire again like he can't due to his reputation following the Concordat. As you said yourself earlier - he's a strategist. The Empire's armies were exhausted, and while he could've pushed into Valenwood and Elsweyr, it'd be exceptionally costly with no promise of success. By suddenly agreeing to peace and the Concordat, he catches the Dominion unaware and gets to rebuild the Empire - both the cities and towns themselves, and the Legions. With Colovia's military tradition and the all around much higher birthrate of humans over Altmer, the Legion'd be replenished faster than the Dominion's armies would be.

Reman > Alessia > Mede > Septim, in my opinion - at least when it comes to their founders, as there've obviously been some very cool Septims as well (a Dunmer being one of the more prominent ones, ironically). Reman's just the epitome of badassery, Alessia has the whole slave rebellion thing going on as well as the Alessian Doctrines, and Mede's just a warlord who's trying to keep everything together. Tiber & friends feels like kind of a cheat compared to them, albeit a very, very cool cheat, naturally!
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:30 am

Salus Maior wrote:

Technically, Mankar would have been a Bosmer, but Bosmer in Oblivion aren't exactly antagonist material.

Mankar Camoran's mother could have been an Altmer.

A popular (and far more fun!) theory, however, is that he used Mehrunes' Razor, or the teachings of Dagon in general, to remake himself into an Altmer (or possibly Ayleid - which don't have a race in the game but are close enough appearance wise). We know he made himself a Dragonborn so that he could wear the Amulet of Kings around his neck. He also 'remade' his daughter which most likely refers to him turning his daughter into an Altmer (as well?)

Offering myself to that daybreak allowed the girdle of grace to contain me. When my voice returned, it spoke with another tongue. After three nights I could speak fire.

Her name was Ruma and I ate her with no bread, and made another, which learned, and I loved that one and blackbirds formed her twin behind all time.

Camoran's an extremely cool villain. Extremely deluded as well, but he says a lot of interesting things.

As per all TES villains, Camoran is a cool character and concept outside the game, but overall a disappointment game-wise. (This, obviously, becomes even more of an issue with Alduin and his business with Time, Auriel and the Aldmeri-Nedic reliigous systems, and less with Dagoth who I have a love-hate relationship with lol)

Pilarcraft wrote:The First Medes (Titus, Atrebus, etc) were really cool to be honest.

Attrebus wasn't particularly cool at first, but he kind of grew as a character and turned out alright in the end. I do wonder though - since he ends up with Annaïg in the end, and in TES a child's race is determined by the race of their mother, would the current Medes be Bretons? They'd at least have been for a generation, before an Imperial woman could've been thrown into the mix again to turn them back into proper little Colovians, I suppose.

I do wonder if Mede II has a child? It's not mentioned anywhere, but he's pretty fine with dying and I feel it's safe to assume that he at least has someone in mind who will lead the Empire following his death. There's a pretty wild theory out there that says Mede II had himself assassinated to pave the way for his successor, who could then properly lead the Empire again like he can't due to his reputation following the Concordat. As you said yourself earlier - he's a strategist. The Empire's armies were exhausted, and while he could've pushed into Valenwood and Elsweyr, it'd be exceptionally costly with no promise of success. By suddenly agreeing to peace and the Concordat, he catches the Dominion unaware and gets to rebuild the Empire - both the cities and towns themselves, and the Legions. With Colovia's military tradition and the all around much higher birthrate of humans over Altmer, the Legion'd be replenished faster than the Dominion's armies would be.

I don't really Know about whether he has any survivors. I mean, it's more than probable he doesn't, or that if he does the heir is not exactly leader-material (considering how one of the Elder Council wants him dead. I wonder if it's Mottierre was a lone-wolf or if it was a council-wide conspiracy. we'll find out in TES VI, hopefully)
But to be honest, If rebuilding the Legions and the Cities subtly is Titus' plan, he's bound to fail.
from what we've seen, the Penitus Aculatus do not have the skill of the Blades where Subtlety is concerned, and we know that, if nothing else, the Dominion is extremely skilled in political stealth and moreso than the Current Administration of the Empire (had I been in charge of the Legion, I wouldn't waste men. how hard can it be to send an assassin into windhelm and take care of every rebel leader at once?)
what makes it even worse is that there's conflict between Imperial Factions all over the place. The Council is conspiring to kill the emperor, and if what I remember from the White Gold Concordat is correct it's probably full of Thalmor supporters and actual Thalmor. The Academic Administrations are busy fighting each other over political favor, the Legions are so weak that the Empire can't spare more than one of them to deal with a small-scale rebellion in Skyrim that might end up taking High Rock too. add that to the fact that canonically speaking, Titus has a 50% possibility of dying in 4E201, and you get a... low chance of success for the Empire to make a daring comeback.
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Reman > Alessia > Mede > Septim, in my opinion - at least when it comes to their founders, as there've obviously been some very cool Septims as well (a Dunmer being one of the more prominent ones, ironically). Reman's just the epitome of badassery, Alessia has the whole slave rebellion thing going on as well as the Alessian Doctrines, and Mede's just a warlord who's trying to keep everything together. Tiber & friends feels like kind of a cheat compared to them, albeit a very, very cool cheat, naturally!

well, frankly my love for Talos doesn't exactly come from his august skill in ruling his Empire, but his overall badassery, And, naturally, the fact he's a colossal asshole. I mean, who doesn't like colossal asshole God-emperors?
that and the Kirkbridean lore on him being the most powerful being in all of Aurbis (one would assume that at least one of the Divines would show up on MK's list, but noooooo) but I have to admit, Reman is still more badass than him. Getting the favor of Nords without beating them in battle? that takes skill.
but nope. for me, Alessia (particularly because what her empire ended into) and Mede don't come close to Reman and Septim dynasties.
EDIT: Alessia's Era is a more interesting one, I have to add. Minotaur Demigod Heroes? Time-travelling Cyborgs from post-landfall Tamriel? THE DEFEAT OF THE AYLEIDS? what's not to like?
Last edited by Pilarcraft on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Led by The Triumvirate.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 am

Tyskylvania wrote:It is clearly Winterhold.
Magic users FTW!!

Ever tried rolling a pure magic user? It's hard.

Arrows OP.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 am

Pilarcraft wrote:As per all TES villains, Camoran is a cool character and concept outside the game, but overall a disappointment game-wise. (This, obviously, becomes even more of an issue with Alduin and his business with Time, Auriel and the Aldmeri-Nedic reliigous systems, and less with Dagoth who I have a love-hate relationship with lol)

I agree with you entirely. Although Dagoth Ur is just pretty amazing in general ;)

Pilarcraft wrote:I don't really Know about whether he has any survivors. I mean, it's more than probable he doesn't, or that if he does the heir is not exactly leader-material (considering how one of the Elder Council wants him dead. I wonder if it's Mottierre was a lone-wolf or if it was a council-wide conspiracy. we'll find out in TES VI, hopefully)
But to be honest, If rebuilding the Legions and the Cities subtly is Titus' plan, he's bound to fail.
from what we've seen, the Penitus Aculatus do not have the skill of the Blades where Subtlety is concerned, and we know that, if nothing else, the Dominion is extremely skilled in political stealth and moreso than the Current Administration of the Empire (had I been in charge of the Legion, I wouldn't waste men. how hard can it be to send an assassin into windhelm and take care of every rebel leader at once?)
what makes it even worse is that there's conflict between Imperial Factions all over the place. The Council is conspiring to kill the emperor, and if what I remember from the White Gold Concordat is correct it's probably full of Thalmor supporters and actual Thalmor. The Academic Administrations are busy fighting each other over political favor, the Legions are so weak that the Empire can't spare more than one of them to deal with a small-scale rebellion in Skyrim that might end up taking High Rock too. add that to the fact that canonically speaking, Titus has a 50% possibility of dying in 4E201, and you get a... low chance of success for the Empire to make a daring comeback.

The Oculatus are exceptionally skilled from what we see in the books, and that's when they've only just been founded. Dark Brotherhood questline doesn't do them justice (or anyone, for that matter...). We obviously don't know how many people and who are behind the whole kill the Emperor conspiracy. Seeing as all of the questlines tend to be done, canonically, in the game that follows, it's safe to assume that Titus Mede II is dead.

The Concordat doesn't affect the Elder Council's ranks and the Oculatus would be more than onto any Councillor that would have some sort of sympathy or ties with the Dominion. The Empire can't spare any more troops for the Civil War because almost all of their Legions are stationed at the border with the Dominion - withdrawing them from there would be a sign of weakness and provide the Dominion a ready opportunity to launch an attack.

Pilarcraft wrote:well, frankly my love for Talos doesn't exactly come from his august skill in ruling his Empire, but his overall badassery, And, naturally, the fact he's a colossal asshole. I mean, who doesn't like colossal asshole God-emperors?
that and the Kirkbridean lore on him being the most powerful being in all of Aurbis (one would assume that at least one of the Divines would show up on MK's list, but noooooo) but I have to admit, Reman is still more badass than him. Getting the favor of Nords without beating them in battle? that takes skill.
but nope. for me, Alessia (particularly because what her empire ended into) and Mede don't come close to Reman and Septim dynasties.
EDIT: Alessia's Era is a more interesting one, I have to add. Minotaur Demigod Heroes? Time-travelling Cyborgs from post-landfall Tamriel? THE DEFEAT OF THE AYLEIDS? what's not to like?

Talos is definitely interesting, and it's all obviously a matter of taste - he's just never appealed much to me for some reason.

Alessia is insanely awesome exactly because of the timeframe and her allies. She's like the regular cleric lady in the D&D party, keeping the group together, whereas Pelinal and Morihaus are the murderhobos :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

The background for the rise of the Medes is the Stormcrown Interregnum sometime after the Oblivion Crisis. The continent was in the shits. The Mede Dynasty floated along. Thalmor subversion everywhere. A cart of the heads of Blades agents delivered to him in a cart after he rejected their ultimatum. The ensuing fight beat the shit out of the Legions. The Emperor gives his human lands a few decades, then there's plenty of able-bodied young men to resupply the Legion with, while the Thalmor want to commit atrocities in their own lands fueled by eugenics. The Legions regain their strength. The Empire marches into the Aldmeri Dominion after some Penitus Oculatus subversion. Rebellions in Elswyr and Valenwood. Then they march for the Isles, and they end the lives of every single Thalmor and every one of their sympathizers. Wipe them out as a centuries-old political organization like how the Morag Tong got their due when they got too smirky. Slander them to Aetherius and Oblivion and then shove their name and new-found philosophy in the dirt. Make the Altmer wish the casting-down of Crystal-Like-Law happens again, rather than another rise of the Thalmor.

Salus Maior wrote:

Yes, distantly. (As in an era in between Eplear and Mankor. You can tell because Eplear founded the First Era.)
Mankar Cameron confuses the lore. He's a cunt on top of being a Daedra-worshipping Altmeri asshole. If you're a Bosmer, you're not an asshole.
'His son had the same name as Mankar Camoran,[1] which makes it seem as though they are one and the same. However, Mankar's race in Oblivion suggests otherwise (in Oblivion, he was an Altmer. However, the mother of Camoran's son was a Bosmer, as was the Usurper himself. According to Notes on Racial Phylogeny, the race of the mother is passed onto the son or daughter, furthering the argument that Mankar Camoran is not the son of Haymon Camoran).'
◾It is unknown why Mankar Camoran, the son of the Camoran Usurper, was an Altmer despite his mother being a Bosmer. It is possible that Mankar was one of the exceptions in The Elder Scrolls lore in which the child takes on the race of the father instead of the mother. If this is true, that would mean that the Camoran Usurper would have been an Altmer.
Last edited by Zanera on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Reman > Alessia > Mede > Septim, in my opinion - at least when it comes to their founders, as there've obviously been some very cool Septims as well (a Dunmer being one of the more prominent ones, ironically). Reman's just the epitome of badassery, Alessia has the whole slave rebellion thing going on as well as the Alessian Doctrines, and Mede's just a warlord who's trying to keep everything together. Tiber & friends feels like kind of a cheat compared to them, albeit a very, very cool cheat, naturally!

well, frankly my love for Talos doesn't exactly come from his august skill in ruling his Empire, but his overall badassery, And, naturally, the fact he's a colossal asshole. I mean, who doesn't like colossal asshole God-emperors?

Reman saved the Nords asses after the Nords got their asses kicked. As simple as humble gratitude. :p

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Zanera wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:well, frankly my love for Talos doesn't exactly come from his august skill in ruling his Empire, but his overall badassery, And, naturally, the fact he's a colossal asshole. I mean, who doesn't like colossal asshole God-emperors?

Reman saved the Nords asses after the Nords got their asses kicked. As simple as humble gratitude. :p

Nords don't do 'humble', :p
Led by The Triumvirate.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Nords don't do 'humble', :p

They do loud, irritating, and drunk though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction