NATION

PASSWORD

Which Anime are you watching or have watched recently IV?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Seishun Buta Yarou is one of the few anime series of this season that I've managed to keep up with, and oh well, it's been a wild ride so far - I absolutely love it.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:05 pm

OK now im officially considering my choices between stopping myself from postponing k-on and starting undead gurls saga
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:07 pm

waiting for part 2 of Girls Und Panzer Das finale
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Gigaverse wrote:OK now im officially considering my choices between stopping myself from postponing k-on and starting undead gurls saga

Do both.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Britanania wrote:Unrelated

Hello again, that one anime I really like for some reason, probably my autism.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Aggressive Retsuko Christmas special was good.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Britanania wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:OK now im officially considering my choices between stopping myself from postponing k-on and starting undead gurls saga

Do both.

that's a given, so more importantly here (what i intended to ask) was which first :thinking:

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Gigaverse wrote:
Britanania wrote:Do both.

that's a given, so more importantly here (what i intended to ask) was which first :thinking:

K On is obviously more of a time commitment (depending on how deep you're in, of course) and has a film, while the Zombies are only 12 episodes (so far, fingers crossed we get S2).

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm

This Nozaki-Kun show is killing me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:50 pm

The Gridman finale gave me the one thing I've been wanting.
The original theme song used in an action scene.
Awesome.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Currently watching "Hundred" and we've seen everything this anime before.
It has the overpowered male protagonist, who has a problem recalling his past, due to wounds received from an enemy attack, from which he gets an alien virus, which kills most of those who get it, but turns those who survive it into "Variants", which is how he gets this power. He has a jealous little sister who was crippled in the same attack, and is currently bed ridden in a hospital. While it's the most powerful ever recorded, he is, of course, unable to use his "hundred" ability to the fullest, due to lack of training. Then we come to the childhood friend, who is very small, and also a Variant, and rather clingy, for a boy. HE also wears a lot of ribbons in his hair, you know, for a BOY. He and the protagonist share a room at school. Once, the protagonist walks in on this "boy" as he is getting changed, wearing a towel the same way a girl does, and about to put on some white undergarment, that are not meant for a boy. But somehow, after this very needlessly loud debacle, the protagonist is still somehow convinced his roommate is a boy, until a wardrobe malfunction during battle proves otherwise. Then suddenly, the protagonist knows who this person is. Yes, the sight of HER boobs brought back his memory. And now that we know the childhood friend is a girl (duh), she has to move out of his room. Then we come to the all female student counsel, led by Miss Blonde Twin Drills, know as The Queen, who is the strongest of the Slayers (which is what we call those with the Hundred ability), who of course, gets pissed off at our protagonist, the very first time they meet, challenges him to a duel, and kicks his ass, mostly because our protagonist has only been a Slayer for one day prior to battel. Our student counsel president then gets some of her "firsts" taken away by the protagonist, like first kiss or first groping by a man, but somehow doesn't get too bent out of shape because of it. She then leans on the protagonist for help in fighting the enemy, even though they are just students, and he has no real training. The school is aboard a massive aircraft carrier city ship called "Little Garden". The enemy btw, are called the Savage, evil Mechas from space that are dropping down on our world, in order to wipe out humanity. Only those with the Hundred ability, along with the weapon they get form the lolly scientist (who pops up every now and again for whatever reason), can defeat the Savage. Add in the obligatory pop idol (know as the World Deva, who is also a variant, has a Hundred ability that gives her fairy wings and flight (but no attack ability) and has important, life altering ties to the protagonist from the past, and is, of course, in love with him.
Yeah, nothing new here, and even the action sequences are boring, which are a bit too few and far between. Still watching "Zombie Land Saga" as well. I think "Goblin Slayer" is done, not sure if they will have a second season for it, but I hope so.
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 pm

A chatbot told me to watch Baccano! dubbed. So I did. All in one go last night. (Well almost one go, watched the specials this morning.) I haven't watched a whole series in one sitting like that in awhile.

Also Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san just finished. A nice fun short show. I hope the manga gets localized.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Evil Lord Bane wrote:
It has the overpowered male protagonist, who has a problem recalling his past, due to wounds received from an enemy attack, from which he gets an alien virus, which kills most of those who get it, but turns those who survive it into "Variants", which is how he gets this power. He has a jealous little sister who was crippled in the same attack, and is currently bed ridden in a hospital. While it's the most powerful ever recorded, he is, of course, unable to use his "hundred" ability to the fullest, due to lack of training.

Then we come to the childhood friend, who is very small, and also a Variant, and rather clingy, for a boy. HE also wears a lot of ribbons in his hair, you know, for a BOY. He and the protagonist share a room at school. Once, the protagonist walks in on this "boy" as he is getting changed, wearing a towel the same way a girl does, and about to put on some white undergarment, that are not meant for a boy. But somehow, after this very needlessly loud debacle, the protagonist is still somehow convinced his roommate is a boy, until a wardrobe malfunction during battle proves otherwise. Then suddenly, the protagonist knows who this person is. Yes, the sight of HER boobs brought back his memory. And now that we know the childhood friend is a girl (duh), she has to move out of his room.

Then we come to the all female student counsel, led by Miss Blonde Twin Drills, know as The Queen, who is the strongest of the Slayers (which is what we call those with the Hundred ability), who of course, gets pissed off at our protagonist, the very first time they meet, challenges him to a duel, and kicks his ass, mostly because our protagonist has only been a Slayer for one day prior to battle. Our student counsel president then gets some of her "firsts" taken away by the protagonist, like first kiss or first groping by a man, but somehow doesn't get too bent out of shape because of it. She then leans on the protagonist for help in fighting the enemy, even though they are just students, and he has no real training.

The school is aboard a massive aircraft carrier city ship called "Little Garden". The enemy btw, are called the Savage, evil Mechas from space that are dropping down on our world, in order to wipe out humanity. Only those with the Hundred ability, along with the weapon they get form the loli scientist (who pops up every now and again for whatever reason), can defeat the Savage. Add in the obligatory pop idol (known as the World Deva, who is also a variant, has a Hundred ability that gives her fairy wings and flight (but no attack ability) and has important, life altering ties to the protagonist from the past, and is, of course, in love with him.

I had to separate your text into paragraphs for my reading pleasure.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:02 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Evil Lord Bane wrote:
It has the overpowered male protagonist, who has a problem recalling his past, due to wounds received from an enemy attack, from which he gets an alien virus, which kills most of those who get it, but turns those who survive it into "Variants", which is how he gets this power. He has a jealous little sister who was crippled in the same attack, and is currently bed ridden in a hospital. While it's the most powerful ever recorded, he is, of course, unable to use his "hundred" ability to the fullest, due to lack of training.

Then we come to the childhood friend, who is very small, and also a Variant, and rather clingy, for a boy. HE also wears a lot of ribbons in his hair, you know, for a BOY. He and the protagonist share a room at school. Once, the protagonist walks in on this "boy" as he is getting changed, wearing a towel the same way a girl does, and about to put on some white undergarment, that are not meant for a boy. But somehow, after this very needlessly loud debacle, the protagonist is still somehow convinced his roommate is a boy, until a wardrobe malfunction during battle proves otherwise. Then suddenly, the protagonist knows who this person is. Yes, the sight of HER boobs brought back his memory. And now that we know the childhood friend is a girl (duh), she has to move out of his room.

Then we come to the all female student counsel, led by Miss Blonde Twin Drills, know as The Queen, who is the strongest of the Slayers (which is what we call those with the Hundred ability), who of course, gets pissed off at our protagonist, the very first time they meet, challenges him to a duel, and kicks his ass, mostly because our protagonist has only been a Slayer for one day prior to battle. Our student counsel president then gets some of her "firsts" taken away by the protagonist, like first kiss or first groping by a man, but somehow doesn't get too bent out of shape because of it. She then leans on the protagonist for help in fighting the enemy, even though they are just students, and he has no real training.

The school is aboard a massive aircraft carrier city ship called "Little Garden". The enemy btw, are called the Savage, evil Mechas from space that are dropping down on our world, in order to wipe out humanity. Only those with the Hundred ability, along with the weapon they get form the loli scientist (who pops up every now and again for whatever reason), can defeat the Savage. Add in the obligatory pop idol (known as the World Deva, who is also a variant, has a Hundred ability that gives her fairy wings and flight (but no attack ability) and has important, life altering ties to the protagonist from the past, and is, of course, in love with him.

I had to separate your text into paragraphs for my reading pleasure.

Sorry about that, G. When I started writing it, I had no intention to make it that long, nor detailed. I kept adding to it, until it became the monster that it is. Good idea separating it the way you did, it makes it a whole lot easier to read.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

Dravida Nata
Secretary

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dravida Nata » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:09 am

Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage
DRAVIDIAN CONFEDERATE STATES
Dravidistan Zindabad!!

- Federation of Seemandhra and Telangana
- Principality of Karnataka
- Kerala People's Republic
- Republic of Tamilnadu
- SARs of Pondichéry, Yanaon, Mahé and Karaikal
This nation is a result of my obsession with alternate history. Dravida Nata doesn't represent my RL views and beliefs. No matter what, I do not encourage and/or support Indian Secession. United Bharat!

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:31 pm

currently reading the AKIRA manga since I got the entire box set they were selling for Christmas
Last edited by Cabana on Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJR5LVoxsTc

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:41 am

Cabana wrote:currently reading the AKIRA manga since I got the entire box set they were selling for Christmas

the kaneda theme started playing in my head
Evil Lord Bane wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:I had to separate your text into paragraphs for my reading pleasure.

Sorry about that, G. When I started writing it, I had no intention to make it that long, nor detailed. I kept adding to it, until it became the monster that it is. Good idea separating it the way you did, it makes it a whole lot easier to read.

yeah no worries, it was nice reading that

i kind of have a fascination with generic otaku anime since it allows me to observe the conventions and patterns of the medium and all the storytelling conventions that it's disobeying

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2012
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:04 pm

I just started watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and boy o boy is it every a wild ride so far. After every episode so far I've laughed uncontrollably and wondered what exactly it is that I'm watching. 5 episodes in and I can't tell if this show is genius or madness or both.
|| Please support the Great Archive of Nations by donating cards for preservation. ||

The Former Conservative Conservative Party Candidate of 2016!

Breaking News: The Conservative Conservative Party is now inactive.

"Forwards is Backwards, and Backwards is Forwards!"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:I just started watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and boy o boy is it every a wild ride so far. After every episode so far I've laughed uncontrollably and wondered what exactly it is that I'm watching. 5 episodes in and I can't tell if this show is genius or madness or both.

I remember watching Haruhi Suzumiya back in 2008, the first anime I watched knowing consciously it had that label. It's nothing particularly crazy looking back...Though if you can enjoy the Endless 8 arc and the Yuki Nagato spinoff, you'll know you're a true fan.

I've been watching Ranma ½ again...sooo...eh...nothing new.
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 am

Las Palmeras wrote:
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:I just started watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and boy o boy is it every a wild ride so far. After every episode so far I've laughed uncontrollably and wondered what exactly it is that I'm watching. 5 episodes in and I can't tell if this show is genius or madness or both.

I remember watching Haruhi Suzumiya back in 2008, the first anime I watched knowing consciously it had that label. It's nothing particularly crazy looking back...Though if you can enjoy the Endless 8 arc and the Yuki Nagato spinoff, you'll know you're a true fan.

I've been watching Ranma ½ again...sooo...eh...nothing new.

Just finished Endless 8. That arc was pure genius. 8/8 would watch 8 times again.
|| Please support the Great Archive of Nations by donating cards for preservation. ||

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:Just finished Endless 8. That arc was pure genius. 8/8 would watch 8 times again.

...Are you messing with us?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:Just finished Endless 8. That arc was pure genius. 8/8 would watch 8 times again.

...Are you messing with us?

The "8/8 would watch 8 times again" part was a joke. But I really did like it and think it was genius.

It reminded me of the movie Groundhog Day, which is one of my personal favorites. I also enjoyed picking out the subtle details that changed between each episode. I can see why many people would dislike it (especially if they had to wait a whole week to see the next episode), but I had the patience and the odd sense of humor necessary to actually find it enjoyable.
Last edited by Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nioya
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nioya » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey if I really like black butler what else should I watch?
I like telegrams
First name: Matt
Sexual Orientation: gay
Nationality: American
Religious Orientation: Episcopalian
Relationship status: Single
Likes: Philosophy, history, world building, anime, audiobooks, aesthetics, coffee
Dislikes: SJWs, atheism, kids being loud
Random fact: I sleep with a body pillow

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction